• Joni posted an update in the group Tax Refund Offsets 1 year, 2 months ago

    So, i filed an injured spouse form with my taxes, however i called the offset line this morning and they took the entire offset, my money was not saved at all. Is this normal? Do i need to send in another injured spouse form?

    • It really is a crazy process but even when you file the IS with your taxes they always take the money towards your offset and then usually 6-8 weeks after the intercept they return your money. This has happened to us for the past 3 years :(…You can always call 1-800-829-0582 ext.652 and ask them if they received your IS

    • I guess they took the offset, half of the return went to pay the debt. I got my tax refund and it was only half of what i was expected. I’m not sure if is went through bc i live in a community property state.