Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when a

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when a

• This topic has 25 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ceegee.
  • Topic Starter
    Tina

Received this message this morning.

Viewing 24 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        ceegee

Hey @msb, I have the exact situation as you do even with the same dates of filing and receiving the letter for the 1095A. any updates yet?

Msb
            @msb

Filed 1/25 accept 1/27 had one bar up until 2/10 woke up with still processing message date will be given when available.Recieived letter 2/11 dated 2/7 for a copy of my 1095-a faxed paper over same day still no movement

Nikki

I filed 1/13/2017 I was accepted 1/26 first my bar was there saying accepted then the bar went away the next day with the message saying your refund is still being processed a date will be provided when available it still shows my amount but no 152 code or anything. Should I worry? I filed my 3 dependants and EIC.

Drea

That’s the generic 1 bar message now. I filed 2/5, accepted 2/5 at one bar and this is what mine says as well. Hopefully a refund soon.

Just

I filed and was accepted as part of the test batch on 1/18. My bars went missing on 2/4 and no topics but my refund amount remained. Yesterday I was approved but instead of a DDD the message said I was being mailed a check by February 17 because my refund is over 10,000. Not ideal, but just glad to be approved. I’m a weekly processed return here so if you filed after and had bars go missing but still have amount have hope and don’t stress, it’s coming!

Laqueena1

I filed and was accepted 1/25

2/1 Bars disappeared
                    Amount disappeared
                    Topic 152 was still present
                    Received the generic processing message
                    2/10 my transcripts finally updated with 846 code

I’m a weekly. 2/10 at 5:20pm ET my refund loaded to my Netspend card! 2/11 I got 2 bars on WMR for a DDD of 2/15.

Good Luck!

Rancher84

I filed 1/23 late evening and was accepted 1/24. It showed the bars on WMR up until yesterday and last night updated to no bars and it just shows “your return is still being processed a refund date will be issued when it’s available” never saw that before. Single filed no dependents. I did however sell my home in feb of 16 and moved. I’m thinking that has something to do with this.

mememme

We have received your tax return and it is being processed.

If you filed a complete and accurate tax return, your refund should be issued within 21 days of the received date. Processing may take longer under certain circumstances.
                        Please check here or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go, to check on your refund

mememme

What does this mean or is it a common msg?
                          We have received your tax return and it is being processed.

If you filed a complete and accurate tax return, your refund should be issued within 21 days of the received date. Processing may take longer under certain circumstances.
                          Please check here or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go, to check on your refund

kohl413

I filed 1/26 accepted in a hour or less. Bars dissappeared,( not sure when I wasn’t checking much last week.) I have topic 152, but no refund amount. I called the IRS this morning and she said that it was processesing normally and there was no flag for ID verification. I want to believe her because I would like to relax, but I don’t know whether or not I should. I have seen people mention that when they called they were told their returns were on hold, or needed to ID verify so hopefully, she could have told me that if it were happening.

Kat

Yeah, it’s fine, I don’t know where the idea that it meant a review came from. It means what it says.

Whitney

@Just I filed 2/2 and was accepted 2/2

Just

@whitney- what day did you file/get accepted?

Whitney

@Tyler no EIC or ACTC, just CTC – no PATH message for me, but I had 1 bar, then yesterday morning they were gone with the “Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when it is available” message. This morning, 2 bars and DDD.

Just

Anyone who got a DDD this morning- did you have bars missing before?

mrknowitall

Been on that same message since the day I filed, Jan 23rd. No letter from the IRS, others with my file date have gotten letters a few days ago, none for me, some others have come off the bars, others are still stuck like me. It means simply what it says, still processing. It could mean a review, it could mean you need to confirm your identity, it could mean it’s just slowly processing. Don’t believe anyone who tells you it means one thing definitely. A friend of mine with no kids, also got this message. It lasted on his WMR for a week, then it went to 2 bars. Some people are reporting getting a letter from the IRS for their identity. I also have that message and we can do nothing but wait and see.

Tyler

@ Whitney did you claim any credits?

Whitney

I got that message yesterday (With the bars gone). Today, it updated to be two bars with a DDD of February 10. Don’t lose hope :)

Jan

I have this message as well. I have not received a letter, but I am thinking it’s because I used a different bank account for my DD this year. I have always used the same one for years. Not sure why it would be a good idea to change it, but oh well.

For anyone that has received a letter, what do you have do to to prove your identity?

I filed HOH, EITC, ACTC. Filed and accepted on 1/30.

Tina

Still same message this morning and no bars

Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.
                                                Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
                                                Tax Topic 152, Refund Information
                                                Please Note:
                                                For refund information, please continue to check here, or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day.

Neicey

That’s not the normal message??? Whats the normal one?

Kat

But… that’s what it always says when you’re at one bar.

How do you guys get that he/she is under review?

slimncoco

you will receive a letter in the mail soon. Just to verify it is you.

James

I have had that message since 1-24, accepted 1-23. Today I was able to order return transcript for 2016. Hopefully just means they are behind. Single, no credits, standard deduct.

Jillian

It means you were pulled for a manual review of information submitted. No need to panic- just a computer screened it and saw something that needed further addressed. Could be a change of location, a new tax credit or change in income. An actual person needs to put eyes to it.

Viewing 24 reply threads
                                                      • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.