WMR Take Action Message

Home Forums Archives WMR Messages WMR Take Action Message

• This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Rosemarie.
  • Topic Starter
    madjon435

Starting this thread to keep people updated who receive this message on WMR: Big red exclamation mark that says TAKE ACTION. Also says to contact them at 1-800-829-0582 x 319 and gives a reference #. No date regarding sending me any paperwork, so doesn’t seem to be same message as others are receiving regarding under review.

Background:
      Had not filed 2010 or 2011 tax returns, received unemployment and did NOT have taxes taken out. I paper filed these with HRB when I filed my 2012 return. I owed almost $300 for 2010 nothing for 2011. I mailed these returns about 2 weeks ago and I am hoping that they have already received these, just not sure how long it will take to process these.
      Filed with: HRB on the 1/19
      Accepted: 1/30
      WMR: Processing until today, received this awful update: TAKE ACTION
      Order transcripts: Return transcript: Yes; 2012 on 2/1 No; 2010 (account transcript only), 2011 (neither)
      Called offset # 1-800-304-3107 and has no record of offsets for myself or my husband.
      Filling status:
      2012: MFJ, 2 dependents, EIC and child tax credit
      2011: MFJ, unemployment 1099 no dependents
      2010: MFJ, unemployment 1099 no dependents

My situation is tricky and was somewhat prepared for a delay, but am still scared because I really need money right now.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Rosemarie

If you think you’re not skilled enough to crochet anything but a simple pattern, the 6 close-up
          pictures and detailed instructions will soon have you strutting around, proud as a peacock.
          Third, aspirants will need to strive to complete
          their most effective in establishing a fan base. When shopping around for
          an adult webcam design company to partner with make sure they offer FREE
          hosting at the very least for the first year or so. In the case of teenagers parents should supervise
          their computer activity.

Anonymous

Anyone go into Take action and come out yet? It says if I wish to talk to someone to call. But I am very limited on time frames to call and cannot give up an hour to call them. I filed 1/30. Approved 1/31. Ordered transcripts 2/7. 2/8 went into your tax refund has been delayed. Just wondering if anyone would have any insight.

Anonymous

This message with ref # 1541 disappeared last week and went back to processing should receive refund in 21 days message. However, when I called IRS today. They still haven’t processed 2011 return and told me in can take another 4 weeks still. So, in my experience just because the Take Action ref# 1541 message is gone does not mean that they are going to process my return any faster then when I first received the take action message. Any one who received this ref# and received a DD yet?

Anonymous

mine was accepted on the 28th and saturday it said take action! i called them today and they said mine was randomly pulled and look as if there was 1 issue that maybe nothing big but they couldnt tell me what that issue is? and they said it may just left as is with no extra info needed. and i wont know till they look over it. has anyone gone threw that yet. and if so how long did it take to get your info

Anonymous

I called this morning also, and was told it was delayed by 3 or 4 weeks due to fact that they haven’t processed 2 previous years returns yet. So I am fine with that. Otherwise nothing is wrong.

Anonymous

Thanks for info

Anonymous

I called this morning about reference number 1541. I was told nothing was wrong and my refund is just delayed 2-3 weeks.

Anonymous

Did anyone call irs yet about 1541? I am on hold…….

Jenny

I’m sure your going to already, but definitely call the IRS on Monday. They should be able to give you a time frame if this is what is happening. I wouldn’t expect them to be done for at least 6-8 weeks if that’s the problem and wouldn’t be surprised if it was longer, since its tax season. Prior year tax returns are always put to the side for current years. But, I wouldn’t worry about it until to speak to someone and find out first.

madjon435

Thank you for your responses. I knew that they would be delayed however I wasn’t expecting it to take months. I truly hope it doesn’t. Do you know how long it takes to process paper returns?

Jenny

While I haven’t had that exact same situation, my husband and I a couple of years back had to amend 2 years worth of prior tax returns. They won’t release your current years tax return until the other years are processed.

I’m assuming since its been 2 weeks the IRS has them in their system, which put up a red flag to hold your current taxes until the prior years are done. I think they do this in case you are getting a refund they can take out any taxes or penalties out of your current one. Since they haven’t processed them they don’t know whether you do or not at this point.

I know ours took a couple of months to finally get processed, hopefully your don’t take that long.

Verucalise

Hate to tell you, but anyone who hasn’t filed returns in the last few years will definitely be pulled for a manual review, and most likely they will wait for your 2010 and 2011 returns to show up and be processed. People who reappear in their system out of nowhere are flagged for fraud. Be prepared for a long(er) wait. I wish you the best.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • The topic ‘WMR Take Action Message’ is closed to new replies.