WMR bars gone & No topic 152

Home Forums General Discussion 2016 Tax Season WMR bars gone & No topic 152

• This topic has 102 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Chanel.
  • Topic Starter
    Jason

Hey all, I’m a bit worried.
      I filled on the 11th and was accepted the next day, the 12th. Ever since then, WMR has had one bar. Yesterday, I tried ordering my transcripts, but could only get the account one, and only under my old address. Today, WMR no longer does anything, instead telling me I’m still being processed.
      I did move towards the end of the year. My W2 had my old address on it, and I filed my 1040 with my current address. Am I in a bad situation? I filed with TT, like I have in all the years before and had no issue until this year.
      I’m a bit nervous. We really need this to get back on our feet. I can’t afford to wait until April for my refund, or even later, haha.

Viewing 101 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Chanel

My return had the status bar an tax topic 152 but when I woke up this morning both the status bar an tax topic is gone.. I filed self employment cus I started a business trying to figure out what this could mean ? Thanks

shay

i filed jan 12 was told it was pulled for review feb 19 received a letter march 18 saying i olded 1000 sum dollars for wen i was a victim on idenity theft i got this all taken care of last year no bars error codes or any other letters does this mean they are working on my refund they told me 6 to 8 weeks after feb 19

Dominic

So i have no tax topics and bars have been MIA since i filed on feb.3rd…called this morning and was told i have a scheduled release on the 16th…????? We shall see on wed.

aubrey

hi there i filed on the 6th of march and i know its earl;y but for the first week i had one bar and i filed as self employed and i do know i owe a 1k for child support and called the number provided so i am aware that they can take that but from another poster it shouldnt hold up processing and i have filed self employed in the past with no problem. now my bars are gone with no tax topic all the info on the side just says to keep checking and is still being processed and with all the responses i have read on here it doesnt really give any clarity since it gives so many different ways it can go.i dont remember what address they have on file or if that is the reason why i couldnt order my transcripts.i didnt file for a few years since i was unemployed.so i am just stuck waiting my 21 days isnt til the 27th of march.also i did it thru turbo tax and i took the extra protection against audits and to verify my identity thru the Turbo tax system.any in sight..i hate waiting i am really in need to get a car for me and my kids.

Kim

I got a cycle of 20160805 do anybody know what this means

Justine

Anyone know the number to get a hold of an actual person at the irs?

guillermo

if your bars disappear this means something is wrong so call the irs asap im a tax preparer and I know how they work

Mzldyluv

If ur bars are gone and there’s no tax topic u need to verify ur identity.. There has been a lot of system updating for fraud.. I filed Jan.25 bars went missing next day never came back I received a letter saying to verify my identity .. After doing so a week later my bars reappeared with a Ddd march 2… Hope this helps!

Cali2co
                          @cali2co

@justine probably under review! I filed and got accepted 2/11 and same thing happened after a week. No TT 152 still processing. My 21st day is 3/3. No letter in the mail. I ordered my account transcript a week ago but haven’t been able to order the return. Now I can’t even log in to order anything.

Justine

I filed thru h&r block on Feb 12, just this past Saturday the bars disappeared and there’s no tax topic, just says it’s processing. Is it really under review or will I wake up with a comma in my account?

Jerry

I did my taxes on the first day; Jan. 19 and it was accepted the same day. I had one bar for a week or so then I had no bars and I got the code of 152. I received a letter in the mail from the IRS and I was able to verify my ID and two weeks later my bars reappear and saying I should have a refund deposit to my bank no later than March 2.

John

Bars disappear tt152 as well says still being processed keep checking everydsy

sgns

filed jan-21, accepted 21, had 1 bar and then bar disappeared, few days later topic 152 disappeared, called feb12 was told had to verify id, after verifying i was told “within” 9 wks waited tried to order return transcript, to no avail, now today still no bars and no tax topic 152 but am now able to order return transcript which to me is a good sign…keep u posted

Dan

This happened to me last year I was lied to by the irs agents for months after calling and receiving letters they finally allowed me to have an advocate in July and I received my refund in early August last year now I’ve lost my status bar again this year I really wish the it’s would be abolished…. They can lie to us all day every day but if we lie to them it’s a crime!

john0147

filed 2/10
                                      accepted 2/10
                                      return transcript 2/13

still no bar and no tax topic

anyone here file through a tax preparer?

Jasmine

I filed on the 12th of Jan accepted same day no 152 no bars no nothing I verified my identity on the 8th why is this happening to me man

Mahogany

Update: Spoke to an agent on 2/12 was told that taxes had been pulled for review. No letter sent and no flags. Agent said everything looked fine. Also told not to call after 21 days are up. Said try 2 weeks afterwards. Thought that was weird if no issues. This is very frustrating..

Anonymous

Well… yippee skippy for me. I just got off the phone with the IRS, the lady was actually very nice and looked into my account for me. WMR bars and TT 152 disappeared on Saturday, nothing at all since then. She said that my account has been “randomly selected for further review” and it hasn’t been 21 days yet, so she could give me no further information until the 21 days pass. If I don’t hear back by the 21 days, call in.
                                            Frustrating, but at least it’s an update I guess. Still want to bang my head off a wall, literally everything is the same as last year except my income is lower because I had 2 full semesters of school instead of one like the previous year. Same dependents, same employer, same address, ugh.

Lizbeth

I filed with turbotax on 1/28, was accepted later that day. About three days later I checked my status on WMR and saw one bar. Now all of my bars have disappeared, and I’m getting a message saying “we cannot provide any information about your return” along with tax topic 152. This has been there since Monday. Any ideas? I’m freaking out.

Thanks!

Heather

My situation is different from all the post I have read so far. Filed through Turbotax on Jan 22. Accepted Jan 22. Wmr showed 1 bar received. On Feb 5th, I ordered both transcripts. They will be here in 5 to 10 days. Then on February 9th a little after midnight. No bars and stated a refund date will be updated when available. So I called IRS on Tues morning, the rep said that everything looks good and she’s not sure why. That it looks like it will be another 7 days. Possibly DDD of Feb 16. But to call back if not received by Feb 22. so I’m confused how I was able to order my return transcript if they are still reviewing it? Also I’m fine waiting another week. But…I am 30 weeks pregnant and I need to pay my insurance deductible. As of 2 weeks ago. Or my on can drop me. I have explained the tax situation. But it makes me so nervous. So anyone have any insight on my situation? How long did it actually take? Thanks so much

Gimme My Mula

Hey did anyone read this?!

https://igotmyrefund.com/tax-topic-152/

So basically the Tax Topic 152 can appear and disappear at anytime during processing. Just because you don’t have it now doesn’t mean it won’t show up later and everything will be fine.

Just trying to be optimistic…

Anonymous

@john that’s the timeframe they told me also but didn’t have a definite answer as to when it would be processed

Anonymous

@john – That’s terrible. So sorry.

john

@Daisy. Yes my identity was stolen last year. Someone had used my SSN to file my taxes.

Anonymous

@john- Last year your identity was used to file? Do you mean someone used your identity last year to file?

– No changes or credits were taken this year. The only thing that changed was our address.

– Did anyone that filed with TT do the drivers license verification thing?

john

So I filed 1/19 showed excepted same day. Just got off phone with irs because my bars and taxtopic went missing over the weekend. It said still processing.

She said I wasn’t really accepted till the 21st.
                                                            That my return is now on a hold could take an additional 6-8 weeks. She said it is because last year my identity was used to file, and yes it was. That they are taking additional steps to verify. What those are I do not know. She said I may or may not get something in the mail.

Hope that helps some.

FloridaB

So if your bars have disappeared call to see if a letter had been issued to you. If your bars have been missing longer than 1 week something is not right. They are holding the return for a reason!!

FloridaB

Okay so i have no bars and tax topic 152. Today has been 21 days for me. I called the IRS and they stated that a letter has been sent for additional information on the premium tax credit. I forgot to file that and so they are asking for me to fax a copy of letter, my return, and also the information on healthcare.gov about my premium tax credit for year 2015. I have to submit this information and then allow an additional 4-6 weeks!! Ridiculous! I mean they are the govt they have all of that information in their damn system, they should automatically fill in that info!

Anonymous

I filled on 1/19 accepted 1/19
                                                                  Bars & tax topic disappeared over the weekend called today advised my return went under manual review to possibly verify my income and could take 6-8 weeks . They don’t have a definite answer just wait and see what happens.

Not what I wanted to hear

Anonymous

I filed married joint return 1/21/16
                                                                    Was accepted 1/21/16
                                                                    Estimated refund dates per TT were 1/22-2/11.
                                                                    No movement on WMR, but tax topic 152
                                                                    Still cannot order return transcript, they still have my previous address on file.

Checked WMR this morning,
                                                                    Bars are gone. My tax topic is 152, no tax topic under my husbands info.
                                                                    Contacted the IRS, spoke to a very nice lady that told me she couldn’t see why my refund was being delayed, but that it looks like it may be another 1-2 weeks, and if anything else is needed they will send me a letter, but to continue to check WMR, because as soon as the refund is available, it will be updated.

Ugh.

Charly

my taxes were excepted on the 20th of Jan had bars up until 3 days ago its still has the 152 topic listed then underneath it has 9100 we can not give you anymore info PLEASE CALL THE IRS ????!!!! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

Taya09

I filed on ,Jan 25 I was accepted on that day I had one bar up until Saturday Feb 7 my refund amount still shows but says my refund still processing and a refund date will be given when available I was only able to order my account transcript I have no offsets do I don’t understand any help or advice thank you

• #4134954
                                                                        Angela

I filed on the 12th orange bars disappeared on the 23rd still no bars called the IRS 5 times each time the person tells me its normal its no problem . Today i called at 8 am and i told the lady that it has been 21 days since i filed and i have no bars she said that it was normal and i said how is this normal when every one that filed after me has received their money she said that when the system went down it could’ve affected my return being processed i do not know whats going on but they do not want to give answers that is for sure.

• #4134838
                                                                          tls

I was accepted by irs om 1/14/16 still no bars or tax topic also no error codes or havent received no letters but still says your return is still processing a refund date will be provided when available… Anyone else from 1/14 still having this issue

• #4134803
                                                                            Lycia

I filed my taxes through TT jan 19, 2016 ,got approved 30 Minutes later, I had one bar until Friday feb 5,2016 now it’s saying “your tax return is still being processed , they will give me a date when it’s available ,my 21 days ended today on feb 9 ,2016
                                                                              ‘please help’

• #4133733
                                                                              Hope

@Dee
                                                                                Do you owe the IRS anything? That has been most of our common situation and I really think most of us, who owe, had to be recalculated so it is taking a few extra days. I hate that you are under review, but just wanted to see if you were in the same boat with owing the irs as well. Thanks!

• #4133630
                                                                                Dee

Okay…after ordering both account and return transcripts and having disappearing bars for almost 2 weeks (No topic code or error code) I decided to call the IRS, I spoke to two individuals both stated I had been pulled for random review that could take 45-60 days!!, the first lady told me a letter had been mailed out last week, while the second lady told me that the letter is not dated to go out until 2/22/2016.. Said that they needed to verify income and credits…It’s just strange that on my account transcript after finding multiple threads it does have a code stating review, but there is also a date for 2/15/16….I claimed my children and also a education credit, I know for a fact everything was accurate, now the education credit I was not 100% sure that I could claim it for the trade school I attended, but I never received any alerts while filing….60 days to verify income is ridiculous I don’t understand why it would ever take someone nearly 2 months to verify something that could be verified within 24-48 hours…And by the way I was an early filer, accepted 1/13, had 1 bar before it disappeared on 2/1 and IRS WMR has a generic “Your return is still being processed”, I think anyone with this message should call….

• #4133617
                                                                                  nohorizon

@mahogany

Your situation is different. If u don’t have tax topic 152 then your return is under review/flagged. U may need to call and see what is wrong

• #4133479
                                                                                    Mahogany

have same problem bars disappeared no tax topic cannot order neither transcripts. Accepted 1/25/2016

• #4132376
                                                                                      shaana

Don’t worry that means they are backed up and someone is going over you return by hand. Stop stressing over it and let it go, you will get your money

• #4132352
                                                                                        joanna B

I filed my taxes on 01/19/16 and was accepted on 01/20/16 , check WMR website on 01/20/16 & it showed my taxes were accepted on 01/20/16 . On 01/21/16, no bars, no refund amount, and had topic 152. My bars were still gone on 02/05/16. I was able to order both account and return transcripts on 02/01/16. More than likely if you can order both you will receive your refund within 7-10dys of being able to order them. I was really stressing about no bars…..On the morning of 02/06/15 my bars reappeared showing my refund was approved and deposit of 02/10/16. So basically if your bars disappeared its becuz of some type of issue, don’t panic some issues can be resolved by IRS and you still should receive you refund within 21days of your acceptance date. now for those of you who filed prior to 01/19/06, your 21 days don’t start til your accepted date.. If you received Topic 152 & have not received a letter within 2-3 weeks of your acceptance date , if you have any other code or msg to call IRS, additional info maybe required and you may not get your refund with 21days unless they receive and process it which is highly unlikely that this will be done right away. This delay has nothing to do with filing early or who or what company filed your taxes. Its just they way the IRS operates. I hope this helps.

• #4132038
                                                                                          Kathleen

I filed 1/15 I got no bars or tax topic 152 on 1/30 and received letter 12c to send in 8962 sent it in on 2/3 woke up this morning with no bars but tax topic 152 is back what does that mean

• #4132020
                                                                                            yella

this is what is says on IRS website

Your tax return is still being processed.
                                                                                              A refund date will be provided when available.

Please Note:

For refund information, please continue to check here, or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day.

Nothing else what does that mean? I filed mines on 11th of Jan and was accepted. TT shows me a date from jan 29-feb 8 and there is a green dot on the 8th. Does that mean I am going to get my refund on the 8th instead? please help

• #4131998
                                                                                              Elle

What if tax topic 152 is not there? Refund amount is though

• #4131857
                                                                                                Gimme My Mula

Ok what if you still have everything in the side but NO TAX TOPIC?

• #4131772
                                                                                                  Anonymous

Finally ddd February 10th

I filed on the 11th of January accepted on the 12th my bars went missing a few days after that for about 3 weeks I was like wtf is going on but then yesterday at 10 am I was able to order my return transcripts this morning when I woke up around 9 I checked and I had now my bars are back with a ddd for the 10th so people with bars missing if u still have your refund amount and all the stuff on the side with 152 topic your fine people who filed early are just being pushed back because when I called the irs they told even tho we got accepted early they didn’t process them until the 19th of January so we’re rite on track if u can’t the days after the 19th hopes this helps

• #4131769
                                                                                                    Bfam

I filed & was accepted on 1/29/16
                                                                                                      Was able to order BOTH transcripts on 2/5/16
                                                                                                      And today, 2/6/16, I have no bars!-
                                                                                                      “Your tax return is being processed. A refund date will be provided when available.” Tax topic 152
                                                                                                      I have no idea what this means, I thought I was in the clear since I was able to order both transcripts

• #4131631
                                                                                                      shaana

@ Hope no I had to use my old address for my transcript

• #4131626
                                                                                                        shaana

She also said to check Monday and you should have a dd, because she just got a dd and she already have her money.

• #4131620
                                                                                                          shaana

My bars just disappeared my sister said it will give you a number to call once they disappear. Because she went through the same thing and she just got her refund 3 days ago. Nothing to worry about if you worked and didn’t sit at home last year don’t be worried….

• #4131529
                                                                                                            Hope

Where you able to order your return transcript? I was but THEN lost my bars and tax topic. I’m so confused!

• #4131516
                                                                                                              shaana

My bars went away, and everything else is still available yesterday I had no bars as well should I be worried or just wait

• #4131393
                                                                                                                MommaBof2

Good morning everyone ! Just thought I might post my situation to help others . I too , early filed as many people did . TT said it was “accepted” by the IRS on Jan 14 which was the same day I filed . I was stuck on 1 bar for over a week and then like many they disappeared but still had tax topic 152. I was finally able to order my return transcripts on 2/5. I woke up this morning to a DDD on WMR of 2/10. It seems as lots of people that filed early got held up .. Lesson learned !

• #4129201
                                                                                                                  Denidha

I was accepted on Jan 13 bars disappear on Jan31 couldn’t order transcripts but just tried to order and I did at 5:45pm

• #4128316
                                                                                                                    chiinadollmimi
                                                                                                                      @chiinadollmimi

Good morning All with bars gone

I have been missing my bars since January 27th, 2016, with the tax topic. I just recently got off the phone with the IRS and Turbo Tax.

The IRS guy, really nice. He told me that the wmr has been glitches since the tax season started and as long as there isn’t a code under it other then the tax topic I am good to go.
                                                                                                                      Turbo Tax lady, far more informative then IRS, she told me that I was in the green, meaning they have scanned it in and it passed through but my return could very well be ready to go with a DDD but we can not see it because the system outage. She told the wmr is still currently not up to date, and the IRS is really close to the 21 dates with the early filers. She said she filed her refund on the 1st of January and did not receive them until yesterday. So to me that says do not get concerned about the no bar situation.

• #4127609
                                                                                                                      Nicole

Filed on Jan 14th accepted on 15th. On feb 2nd my bars disappeared, and it had the topic 152 and my return was being processed. When I woke up this morning feb 3rd the bars came back and I have my second bar which was approved with a ddd of 2/5. Disappearing bars does not always mean ur being reviewed! There is a chance that can be the case. But it can also mean that ur status is being updated.

• #4127552
                                                                                                                        Miami Florida

i filed on 1/5/16 got accepted on1/11/16 had bars until 1/30/16 then they disappeared with refund is still being processed date will be given when available now tax topic 152 is gone does anyone know what that means this is my first time filing and still no ddd

• #4127506
                                                                                                                          ashley sims

My refund was accepted on the 12th and my bars have since disappeared. Last night i was able to order my return and account transcripts but i still don’t have a deposit date. Can i still get a deposit without the date showing up on the WMR page?

• #4126915
                                                                                                                            dre day

When the bars are gone 7 out of 10 times is because your under review if your numbers are not right or u tried to lie or bust your amount or u owe child support or school loans or owe the IRS they will pull u there system is upgraded these last two years I know this because my friend works for IRS another person I know who does taxes says they only way its goes straight throw is if they audit u before with the same job and u were cleared and if your self employed but its a case by case base thank the people with fake returns for this

• #4126834
                                                                                                                              Jess

I filed on 01/27th and was accepted on 01/27th. My bars disappeared on 01/30/2016 but I still had topic 152. On 02/01/2016 my topic 152 also disappeared. I can order my account transcript but no refund transcript. I called the IRS this morning and was told to disregard the WMR status and to look for a DD on or before 02/09/16. He said that the bars disappearing does not mean anything nor does the missing topic 152. He would not look into it further b/c he said there was no reason to be worried.

• #4126800
                                                                                                                                aLLEN

I went back and read what was posted by Refund Wanter ( @mikejones333340 ) posted about the early filers ….. idk where he found this information or if hes even telling the truth …minus all the drama hes puttin on this…… i sure hope hes right …. i could deal with the second bar coming back on the 5th or 6th opposed to waiting months for my return due to being under review

• #4126763
                                                                                                                                  aLLEN

Bars went missing yesterday…still havent returned.. filed and accepted on 1/14

still have topic 152 and my refund amount

ive read so mand threads saying different things but on the IRS website it clearly says that no bars means UNDER REVIEW

but ppl are saying they got their DDD a day or two after the bars disappear….so idkkk whats going on…..stressful for sure =/

• #4126664
                                                                                                                                    Anonymous

@refund wanter
                                                                                                                                      You know what, maybe you were right. But you know how little I care about your bloating right now? I don’t. We were kicked out of our apartment in July, my greedy ass landlord taking advantage of a loophole in Pennsylvania law to move in relatives. It’s bee hell trying to find another place to live, and right now, my family and I are living in a hotel. It’s near impossible for me to keep up with paying for the hotel and saving money for a new place to live, so this was supposed to be our saving grace. And now, we’re out of money. We probably won’t have anywhere to go this weekend if this refund doesn’t come through.

Not a single person has helped us. Who wants to help homeless people after all? At the same time, it’s impossible to get money I’m actually owed to make a difference.

So if you want to gloat and shove that “Told you so attitude” in people’s faces, take it somewhere else. I’ve been a responsible adult, and instead, I’m treated like a bad person by the very people who are keeping me from getting better.

• #4126581
                                                                                                                                      Pam

Has anyone received a ddd missing bar and topic?

• #4126079
                                                                                                                                        Anonymous

He “thread hops” trying to spread his “gospel”..

• #4126070
                                                                                                                                          Wendy

@refund wanter, why don’t you just tell us your important info instead of being that way? A lot of us have never been rude to you or anything. Do you have information? If so why are you not sharing?

• #4126009
                                                                                                                                            Anonymous

Does anyone want too listen too me now? I told everyone

• #4125797
                                                                                                                                              jade

I woke up to no bar still same topic my boyfriend and I filed the same day he has his bar and topic 152 also .Both accepted the 29th hoping for the best I have no changes claim my children same job same everything

• #4125768
                                                                                                                                                Nika

The IRS is expected to release a large group of refunds this coming week. These refunds are currently showing a direct deposit date on the IRS “WHERES MY REFUND” page starting Wednesday February 3. We currently expect to release checks and prepaid cards related to this group starting Wednesday/ Thursday. This group will be the first large group of refunds of the year. Prior to this point, the IRS has only released very small batches of refunds, representing only less than 1% of refunds.

It is highly unusual for the IRS to have waited this long to release the first large batch of refunds.

The batch of refunds that should be coming this week will be MUCH larger than what has been released previously, and is expected to include many of the refunds filed between Jan 11 and Jan 18. The batch will also include some refunds filed between Jan 19 and Jan 23, although we do not expect there to be as many from this time period released by the IRS.

Hope this information is true.

• #4125631
                                                                                                                                                  Tori

I submitted my return o 1/13 accepted on 1/14…up till yesterday I had one orange bar, and today it’s gone!! HELP!!

• #4125468
                                                                                                                                                    Leah

OK so I Just got off the phone with IRS talked to a really nice lady she said everything was fine and I should get it within the 21 days. She didn’t see anything wrong just that some returns are pulled randomly she also said I filed 1/24 bUT it was not accepted until the 26th so I didn’t need to worry. Most returns are processed in 21 days and if they needed anything I would have an error code or get a letter on the mail which I do not. So let’s all just hang in there and if I hear anything else I will let yall know.

• #4125325
                                                                                                                                                      Nikki

Hi all, we were accepted 1/12 then this past Saturday no bars,and the message your return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available. We can see our refund amount, our topic 152 anyone know what’s going on with this??

• #4125196
                                                                                                                                                        Elizabeth

What is the number you call to see if it’s a problems with your taxes.

• #4125115
                                                                                                                                                          Miranda

My bars disappeared on Saturday and I’m still getting the same tax topic 152 on 2/2/16. Does anyone have the number to speak directly to the IRS?

• #4124641
                                                                                                                                                            waiting patiently

Okay everyone that has bars missing….Just got off the phone with a very nice IRS rep who says that I have been “randomly” pulled for manual review. WHICH means that I have to wait an extra week. He assured me that I just need to wait one extra week. I should have gotten the DD this week (Feb.3rd) but I guess its not going to be until next week Feb. 11th. Darn…I really counted my money before I had it. But the good news is that there is nothing wrong with bars missing just means they need to look at it for the “internal review” stats. This explains why I was only able to order my account transcript and not the return transcript. He said once they are done by early next week that I can order it. He DID indicate (in so many words) that once I can order the transcript it means they are done and I am getting my money soon!! So yes, some bad news with good news. Hey….its better than an audit right!

• #4124352
                                                                                                                                                              DavidNYC
                                                                                                                                                                @davidny

@Kapi My bars disappeared on Saturday morning. still no tax topic- but when I check online my refund amount is still there. Just a nuisance

• #4124349
                                                                                                                                                                christy

Filed 1/11 accepted 1/13 no movement just one bar. Ordered account transcripts Friday, I am in SBTG if I login but am told that they haven’t received my federal return. Today my bars have vanished and I get tax topic 152. SO worried!

• #4124291
                                                                                                                                                                  Anonymous

@DavidNYVC
                                                                                                                                                                    I didn’t at first. When the bars disappeared, nothing showed up. Now I have my TT 152 and refund amount back.

• #4124276
                                                                                                                                                                    DavidNYC
                                                                                                                                                                      @davidny

Does anyone else have NO topic 152? That’s my boat, wondering if I am alone

• #4124258
                                                                                                                                                                      Anonymous

@ALICIA EVANS
                                                                                                                                                                        Thanks for the post. I’m still quite a bit nervous, actually. I still have nothing, though the refund amount is there and Topic 152 is still there. I can finally order transcripts online, but only my account, and only under my old address. I certainly hope it doesn’t take too long, I’m in desperate need of any money, haha.

• #4124242
                                                                                                                                                                        Anonymous

@Jason I wouldn’t worry about it too much actually. Like I stated on another thread, I filed on the 7th and got accepted on the 11th. I had one bar for maybe 4 days and they NEVER came back. And then, on 1/30 at around 5 am, I had two bars, showing that I was approved for my refund with a DDD of 2/3. On the 29th, I was able to order both my account and return transcript. Like I said…you should be fine. As long as that 152 is still there, you’re fine. Not everyone is going to have bars.

• #4124220
                                                                                                                                                                          Leah

Same thing happened to me on Saturday morning January 30th. I filed with TT January 24th was accepted like 30 minutes later had one bar and tax topic 152 now don’t have bars or tax topic. I got divorced last year and ross is my first year in 3 years filing HOH again and 2 kids. My return is a lot for me so I really need this money. I’ll let yall know if anything changes for me and please let me know if anything changes for yall.

• #4124017
                                                                                                                                                                            Steph

I don’t know if this can ease anyone’s mind…. I just got off the phone with an IRS rep. And although he wasn’t very informative he did look at my return and said it was still being processed and there were no issues, it was just being processed. I have no bars and topic 152. But again he told me the 21 day count started on Jan 19… not Jan 11 when the IRS first told me it had “received my return.”

• #4123950
                                                                                                                                                                              stephanie auer

I too have no bar and tax topic 152. I call irs and the lady said i didn’t even begin processing yet even tho I was accepted 11 I was recycled through and was just able to order account transcripts Sat. Makes total since making me believe I was. Really accepted thurs or friblast week. I would only worry if u have a diff code then 152

• #4122108
                                                                                                                                                                                Sam

This happened to me last year. Turns out, I was “under review.” I didn’t end up getting my refund until May…sucked.

• #4122106
                                                                                                                                                                                  Jason

I think as long as Topic 152 is there, we should be ok. I still can’t order my return transcript, and can only get my account transcript using my old Address. I think if nothing happens by Monday morning, I’ll call and check to make sure everything is ok, but here’s hoping to a WMR update soon! For all of us!

• #4120167
                                                                                                                                                                                    Takingtheirtime

1/9 filed TT
                                                                                                                                                                                      1/12 accepted

Can order acct. Transcript but no Return transcript.
                                                                                                                                                                                      This am bars are gone and I have tax topic 152.

Boyfriend filed same day and was approved last night and got his direct deposit date 2/3.

• #4120133
                                                                                                                                                                                      Beautee
                                                                                                                                                                                        @beautee

Same thing for me. I think that we would have been instructed to call if there was an issue.

• #4119981
                                                                                                                                                                                        Jason

@Rebecca
                                                                                                                                                                                          That certainly sounds scary! I didn’t have to input anything into TT though, I paid the $30 to have all of my info taken from last year’s return, and I wasn’t rejected or anything.

• #4119967
                                                                                                                                                                                          Cam

If you go to the WMR FAQ’s… question 10 is where it tells you why the bars disappear

• #4119963
                                                                                                                                                                                            Cam

I have the same thing. I read on the IRS site that if the bars disappear the your taxes have to be manually looked at. Some ppl got DD dates but alot didn’t! I think with the IRS, nothing is 100% there’s always an exception to the rules! It’s just messed up because now we have to wait til Monday to even talk to anybody!

• #4119941
                                                                                                                                                                                              Rebecca

Every single time I’ve had that happen to me it was because i was under review. Four years it happened after having id theft issues and using an id protection pin number. Especially if you had to get a replacement number. I hope its something else but its always that for me.

• #4119887
                                                                                                                                                                                                Andrea

********CORRECTION*********
                                                                                                                                                                                                  My tax topic 152 is STILL THERE..
                                                                                                                                                                                                  My bars are gone and it states that a refund date will be provided when it’s processed..

• #4119883
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Andrea

I can still only order account transcript under old address, new address “doesn’t match”. I found out last night that I have a very small offset. This morning, my bars are gone, Tax Topic 152 is gone. It’s confusing… I’ve been told that my offset will NOT hold up my refund…

• #4119854
                                                                                                                                                                                                    KaMelia

What does that mean no bars an when they are through processing my return a refund date will be provided then available??

• #4119851
                                                                                                                                                                                                      clara

Filed and was accepted on the 19th iv been checking WMR everyday today is the 29th i just checked WMR and my bars have disappear this is my first time filing taxes i don’t know what this means

• #4119835
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Jason

Thanks everyone for the replies. I had seen the other topics and responses, but got worried since the topic 152 vanished.
                                                                                                                                                                                                          I’ve since gotten that back, but still no bars, so I think I’m in the clear. Now I just hope for a DDD.

• #4119827
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Joe

I believe whomever claims no bars to automatically mean you have been recycled or under review is wrong. For me it meant I received my DDD the following morning.

• #4119802
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Anonymous

Welp just that fast…my sister has her DDD for 2/3. I’m still yet waiting.

• #4119791
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Anonymous

@Shawn… My sister filed and was accepted on the 11th via TT. I filed and was accepted via TT on the 26th. I have been checking on her return per her request. As of this morning she has been able to order both acct and return trans. Her bars and tax topic has disappeared. I believe she will be wake up with a DDD. On the flip side… My bars and tax topic are still visible and I am only able to order my acct trans. I dont believe i will be getting a DDD in the morning. I hope this gives you some light at the end of the tunnel.

• #4119737
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Shawn

Someone posted in another forum about disappearing bars that the system overloaded and routed people to the next available cycle date. I’m in same situation early filer no bars, no offsets, called IRS still processing no flags. transcript for 2014 was available under old address today states doesn’t match info in file for both addresses. (?)

• #4119736
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Seejay

It’s likely movement on your end. I’m still stuck at one bar and nothing. So think of it as progression.

Viewing 101 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                • The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.