WHAT YOUR CYCLE DATE MEANS & WHEN YOU WILL GET YOUR $!!

• Creator
    Topic

MCRT88

I have seen numerous people asking what their cycle date means, how to decipher it, and when they are getting their money. Instead of answering every single person that asks on every single thread, I decided to just create one..

So, If you can view your transcripts, it will give you a cycle date which will tell you when your DDD is. I was able to review my transcripts this morning and have a cycle date of 20150402. Which I am assuming is the same for most people that can now view theirs. So, the cycle dates go as followed, 2015 is the year, obviously, 04 stands for the week of the year, meaning it doesn’t restart at the beginning of every month, so February 2-8 would be 05 then 06 and so on, even on the IRS calendar THIS week the 26th-30th is 04 (So we know it will be deposited this week) and the 02 is the day in the week it will be deposited, in this case Friday. SO we should have our money sent to SBBT or financial institution on Thursday Night/Friday Morning, then give or take a couple days for bank processing if you have fees, depending on your bank policy for deposits, etc. BUT THIS IS GOOD NEWS!! The cycle “Code” goes as follows (YEAR)(WEEK OF YEAR)(DAY OF WEEK) BUT where people get confused is the day of week. This is because it is based on the IRS CYCLE. So we know its being deposited the 4th week of 2015, the IRS CYCLE WEEK begins on THURSDAY (not Monday), you can look this up on-line, and ends on WEDNESDAY! So THURSDAY is 01, the cycle date WE HAVE is 02 which if Thursday is 01, then Friday is 02. This is how I know that our money will be transmitted on FRIDAY. I am 99% positive. WMR may or may not even update before then, however, I expect an update tonight for people who can view their transcripts. This is also in line with previous years. Last year many people got their DDD and the money was set to be deposited 2-3 days after they received their DDD. Also, for previous returns, look at your Cycle number and the day your money was sent and they will match up as well.

HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYBODY WONDERING AND CONGRATS!!

Filed 1/9 with TT, Accepted 1/12

Viewing 32 replies - 201 through 232 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    Replies

chynadoll

You know what? Dont answer my last question because I just looked at my transcripts from last year and saw that my RETURN ISSUED DATE was 2-24-13 but my refund was given to me 2-6-13

Amber

Confused! If the week starts on Friday(01)… We are in the 4th week now… 201504-02 would have been yesterday?

MCRT88

@ALLY27 nothing was directed at you in any way, my post – posted after yours – because I was typing for a minute and you posted before I could. It wasn’t directed towards you. Also, thank you @melissa. I was only getting hostile with one person and that was because I created this post, to do my best, to help people interpret their tax transcripts and to shed some light on the cycle dates for the hundreds of people asking what they meant and somebody got hostile with me for trying to do so. Instead of in a friendly manner, or so I took it. This post has served its purpose though…

IT ALSO SEEMS like @ordinarytaxpayer may be correct in that it is the day of the week processed. Because if you think about it, 2 people just in this post received theirs on a Thursday last year. One persons ended in 05 and one in 01, if its the processing day PLUS 4 for refund, then it seems if it was processed on a 05 (Friday) then 4 business days later would be Thursday and if it was processed on 01 (Monday) then it could very well come Thursday as well or Thursday night/FRIDAY morning. Either way, we all now know that we will be getting our refunds at the end of this week.

shesings78
    Participant

@melissa
    I use Netspend so that’s probably why I had my direct deposit on Wednesday instead of Thursday. WMR gave me 2/20 as the ddd. If you bank with a regular bank it will be the day WMR says. I stopped using my bank because they would hold my dd for 3-5 days!

Melissa

Bank deposit dates are going to vary. I think its safe to assert that we should have our refunds by Monday.

I wholeheartedly appreciate MCRT88’s efforts to decipher the cycling. Thank you, BTW. However, I too have seen the Impatientlywaiting’s IRS weekday number order in the same sequence.

Just for the sake of trying to shed some light…. 20140705 was my cycle last year. I received the deposit in my bank 02/20th, a Thursday.

ally27

@MCRT88 please don’t get hostile with me. i apologize I didn’t clarify my last post correctly I was telling the other person @impatientlywaiting you are right 100%. which u r. Glad u created this thread thnk u

shesings78
    Participant

Can someone start a NETSPEND thread PLEASE?? I got 2/16 date and I know that means Probably Friday deposit but I have netspend so I’m wondering if I’ll get it a day or 2 early??

ally27

chynadoll some people on another post said they spoke with SBBT an thy said that refunds should b available Fri the 30th

ally27

this is true because last yr my code was 20140601 and i got mines Feb 6th..which was a Thursday. i agree 100% with your theory MCRT88. it’s Confusing but this person is right even my previous yr transcripts were like this

Thurs – 01
    Fri – 02
    Mon – 03
    Tues – 04
    Weds – 05

MCRT88

And I never claimed to be 100% accurate, I said I am 99% positive that it will be sent on Friday. That was based of things that I had researched and patterns based off of previous returns and refunds and based off of what I saw, I was right to assume Friday. Because whether the Cycle Date is actually the refund date and I was right that it was Thurs-01 and Friday-02 or the Cycle Date is the date processed and plus 4 for a refund, either way the money is coming on Friday..

ally27

this is true because last yr my code was 20140601 and i got mines Feb 6th..

Thurs – 01
    Fri – 02
    Mon – 03
    Tues – 04
    Weds – 05

chynadoll

Ok, Im looking at my tax account transcript. I see the 846 code and it says REFUND ISSUED 2-16-15 BUT my cycle code is 20150402… so am I getting my money on the 16th or should I be paying attention to this code.

MCRT88

Thank you @wen that makes sense, that would put us at a REFUND DATE of Friday.

And for some reason, every single post I have posted keeps not posting, or posting and going away, or I get a Gateway Error.

MCRT88

Idk why these comments aren’t posting… and every one that opposes @impatientlywaiting ‘s comments have got deleted or now not showing.. or why @impatientlywaiting is getting hostile. So here we go..

ACCORDING TO THIS PDF: http://www.irs.gov/irm/part3/34760003.html ON THE IRS.GOV SITE, ABOUT REFUND CYCLE WEEKS, WE ARE CURRENTLY IN CYCLE WEEK 4! AS CLEARLY STATED BY THE 201504 NEXT TO THIS WEEK! IT DOESNT STATE THE CYCLE DAYS, BUT IM PRETTY POSITIVE MONDAY IS NOT 02.

BECAUSE IF IT WAS AND IF YOUR INFORMATION IS ACCURATE AND 20150402 IS MONDAY IN THE 4TH CYCLE WEEK, THEN OUR MONEY WOULD HAVE BEEN SENT ON MONDAY! THEY DEPOSIT MONDAY-FRIDAY AND I DONT HAVE MINE?.. NOT IN MY SBBT ACCNT, NOT IN MY BANK ACCNT?.. HAVE YOU RECEIVED YOUR REFUND?.. ARE YOU NOT IMPATIENTLYWAITING ANYMORE AS YOUR S/N APPLIES?

LISTEN, I POSTED THIS AS A CALCULATED ASSUMPTION BASED ON INFORMATION I WAS GIVEN, INFORMATION FROM PREVIOUS TAX RETURNS AND INFORMATION ON THE IRS.GOV WEBSITE AND ONLY ON THE SECURED SITE. THURSDAY IS 01, FRIDAY IS 02, OUR MONEY SHOULD BE SENT ON FRIDAY. ALSO, IT DOES MAKE A LITTLE SENSE, SINCE YOU KNOW, THE MONTH BEGAN ON THURSDAY 01/01/2015.. YOU CAN GO OFF ON ME FOR GIVING INCORRECT INFORMATION ALL YOU WANT BUT WE WILL SEE ON FRIDAY, OR MONDAY, BUT IF WE ARE GOING BY THE CALENDAR OF CYCLE WEEKS, AND IT IS GOING TO BE DEPOSITED NEXT MONDAY THEN I BELIEVE OUR CYCLE DATES WOULD READ 20150502!!

Wen

Cycle date is not the refund date!!! Cycle date of 20150402 means it was processed week 04 day 02 of 2015 – Monday 1/26. DD dates are cycle day +4 that so should be 1/30- Friday.

OrdinaryTaxPayer

IMF Refund Payment Date -The IMF Refund Payment Date will be computed by IMF for both Direct Deposit and Paper Check refunds and will be listed on the refund transaction TC 846 in fields:

“RFND-PAY-DATE” on IMFOL, format MMDDYYYY

“RFND-PYMT-DT” on TXMOD, format YYYYMMDD

IMF computes this field as the posted cycle date PLUS four business days for Direct Deposit refunds; posted cycle date PLUS six business days for Paper Check refunds.

Amber

I did see the chart tht impatiently waiting posted about it does indicate that 02- Monday, however if it is NEXT Monday wouldn’t that be 20150502? Week 5?

OrdinaryTaxPayer

MF Refund Payment Date -The IMF Refund Payment Date will be computed by IMF for both Direct Deposit and Paper Check refunds and will be listed on the refund transaction TC 846 in fields:

“RFND-PAY-DATE” on IMFOL, format MMDDYYYY

“RFND-PYMT-DT” on TXMOD, format YYYYMMDD

IMF computes this field as the posted cycle date PLUS four business days for Direct Deposit refunds; posted cycle date PLUS six business days for Paper Check refunds.

impatientlywaiting

@MCRT88 – PLEASE STOP PROVIDING FALSE INFORMATION. THE 02 IS THE MONDAY THIS YEAR. I TOOK THIS DIRECTLY FROM THE IRS MANUAL
    02 IS MONDAY THIS YEAR
    Code 846 is refund and 2015 is year, 04 is the week of the year, and 02 the day.
    3.30.123.4.9 (01-01-2015)
    IMF Daily Processing

IMF processing will be daily except on weekends. Some transactions post to IMF on a daily basis as opposed to during the weekly cycle.

IMF Cycle Date is a daily cycle designated by an eight digit number indicating the year, the two digit cycle number and the two digit number indicating the day of the week (YYYYWWDD). The following values for DD are defined:

01 = Friday

02 = Monday

03 = Tuesday

04 = Wednesday

05 = Thursday

GOOGLE “3.30.123.4.9 (01-01-2015)” AND READ FOR YOURSELF. 02 IS MONDAY IN 2015!!!

MCRT88

@jay make sure you are looking at the right Transcript, ACCOUNT Transcript.. 2014, scroll down to bottom of first page, under TRANSACTIONS it will say “Code Explanation of Transaction” and it will say something like:

150 TAX RETURN FILED (CYCLE DATE) (2-16-2015) (AMOUNT)
    766 CREDIT TO YOUR ACCOUNT (4-15-2015) (AMOUNT)
    768 EARNED INCOME CREDIT (4-15-2015) (AMOUNT)
    846 REFUND ISSUED (2-16-2015) (AMOUNT)

HOPE THIS HELPS!

MCRT88

@kevin If you’re not having any fees taken out of your refund, then it will bypass SBBT and go straight into your account from the treasury, the only way it goes through SBBT is if you are having the fees taken out of your refund. HOWEVER, SBBT is normally pretty fast at processing and sending it to your bank accnt, typically within hours of receiving your money they have already sent it to YOUR BANK, now whether your banks policies determine a 24 hour hold on all DD’s or they post straight to your account with no hold is determined by your bank. I would advise EVERYBODY who is having their refund DD to check their bank policies. The exception normally is with PREPAID VISA/MASTERCARD, the reason that so many places recommend using a pre-paid (i.e. Netspend, Greendot, Walmart Money Card) card to receive your refund is because A) it bypasses paper checks and B) because it posts immediately without any holds on 95% of all pre-paid cards and bypasses regular bank (i.e. Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo) policies.

Maritza

I’m so happy for everyone! I did want to add as I saw someone else also said it is very important that the last line on your account transcript *under Transactions should read

846 REFUND ISSUED

No Matter what cycle date you have If you don’t have that code then something is delayed

Have a great day !!

Kevin

Hey all,

Like some here, I am able to view all of my transcripts with a cycle date of 20150402. Good news! However, when I filed with Turbo Tax, I was able to get away with not paying any tax prep fees. If I remember correctly, last year’s refund was sent through Santa Barbara Bank & Trust before finally hitting my account, because I had fees taken out.

SO my question is…. Santa Barbara cannot find my info in the system. Should I even expect it to go through there, or just straight to my account? Any info is appreciated!

MCRT88

Yup and the 20140705 would be Weds. 02/19. Weds is 05, because IRS doesn’t process on weekends:

Thurs – 01
    Fri – 02
    Mon – 03
    Tues – 04
    Weds – 05

then the cycle restarts. You will have your money Thursday night / Friday morning. Some time in between Midnight and 7 AM. That is when I expect my money as well. Glad to see this thread is helping people out, I know how it is. As a 26 y/o single father of a 4 year old boy, I def look forward to this money every year. So I know the anticipation can kill and not knowing is the worst, but this way you can bypass that pesky WMR and figure it out on your own :)

Jay

Hey all, i am able to see my transcripts now and have a cycle date of 20150402, but i don’t see a code “846” on my scripts at all. the only thing i say at the bottom reads “form 8888 total refund per computer= $0.00. but above that it reads “refund amount” and shows the correct amt im supposed to be receiving but with no codes on that line. anyone know what this means?

prettypetty
    Participant

Just looked at my 2013 Account and return transcripts. Last year my code was 20140705. I got my refund on 2/19 which is the 7th week in the cycle so I think this thread is RIGHT ON THE MONEY! (Pun intended) lol! It’s my birthday and I’m going to Vegas on Thursday so this money is so on time!!!
    I have netspend so I’m thinking my money will be on my card tomorrow or Thursday???

MCRT88

I expect that those of us that can see our transcripts will see a push on WMR tonight with DDDs of 01-30-15.

MCRT88

@melissa you are correct. On your transcript, when it lists your deductions and codes for those deductions, at the very bottom of those it will say ” 846 REFUND ISSUED (Amount)” then you know that is how much you will be getting back on your cycle date!

Melissa

MCRT88, based on all the information I have read, your assessment will probably hold true, however you’re forgetting one critical qualifier…. the 846 code!!

MCRT88

@TYLR You have no reason to worry, your cycle date is 20150402, which is what matters. That is when your money will be DD. The other dates in FEB are for the IRS systems and that APR 15th is when your return was received or when it is due by (whichever is the later date) so because it was received in JAN, obviously APR 15 is the later date. Those dates are all for the IRS and their systems. The cycle date is what really matters, it tells them when to send the money, and yours is the same as mine and everybody else’s that can view their transcripts already. Which means it is the 4th week of 2015 on the 2nd cycle day, which is Friday 1-30-2015.

tylr

I’m super confused. I have the “CYCLE POSTED” code that most people seem to have (20150402)

but people are saying they have a processed date and a refund date of the middle of February.. I have neither of those on my transcript!

It does say my “received date” is April 15th 2015?!

Should I be worried or should I still expect my refund soon like most people here?

JenniferQ

Thank you! Last night I kept seeing people saying the cycles and I was confused as to what the 04 part was the last week of Jan or the start of Feb. I looked at my last 2 cycles on my returns from the last two years and you’re right if they go the way they have been. Thanks again :D

Viewing 32 replies - 201 through 232 (of 232 total)

The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.