What does being able to order your return transcript really mean?

Home Forums General Discussion 2016 Tax Season What does being able to order your return transcript really mean?

• This topic has 46 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Cody orr.
  • Topic Starter
    JimL

So, I’m new to all of this, I filed 1/31 and have checked a few times not really expecting much movement yet, I read somewhere about people saying to request your return transcript, I did this morning and it finally let me do it. What does this really mean, my refund is on the way? Or is this just people’s theories, I still have no update on WMR. Any insight would be nice

Viewing 45 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Cody orr

Filed 1/21/16

E-filed with h&r block,filed one w2 from Walmart and had a second coming from another job but got bored and used last pay check stub,income was 4008 on check stub,got w2 few days later,income was over 4200,went on hr block.com and fixed mistakes,new refund amount was 4400,original refund was 8218,when I go on to where’s my refund it say still processing for the original amount of 8218,was able to order my refund transcript today 4/13/2016,so my question is will I still get the original amount of 8218 and just have to send a money order for what I’m not owed ?,was told the IRS can not take money out of account

Well in my experience even an early filer who had to have corrections to his rtn
          F/A-02/01
          03/05- able to order trans
          03/12-WMR updated an DDD for 03/16
          ****need more details on trail from File date to DDD see early filers forum under 2016 tax season
          Good luck everyone -God bless U all

Drea

being able to order a transcript doesn’t mean a damn thing for me smh.

Telvonp

Hey I 2/19 this my first time filling and I never got a email saying my refund was accepted but the h&r block told me I was and so did IRS my 21 day mark is 11 or march and I’m still in processing stage can anyone help me Idk what to do

Crystal

First time I could order return transcript was 3/1/16 next day my wmr updated and I got a DDD. Seems to be true unless you are under a review of some sort.

Drea

Filed 2/1 still nothing guys….ordered trans on 2/19…came over the weekend and it had a cycle code BUT the letter said it wasn’t complete. Who knows this is bullcrap. Def the longest I’ve had to wait.

Cd

This year ordering your return transcripts means nothing maybe the irs got it that people are using this to check for there return and changed how they do things! Ordered return transcripts 2/19/2016! No ddd

Anonymous

*Update*
                      Finally DDD for 3/2
                      F/A 2-8
                      Lost bars 2-13
                      Ordered transcripts 2-19
                      Approved 2-27 for DDD 3/2
                      This has been the longest I’ve had to wait!!!!

Trishalla Bell
                        @trishalla

Well I ordered my transcripts two weeks ago called Friday afternoon. On Monday morning still no direct deposit date I filed on the 13th was accepted the 13th so the transcript theory is not true for me maybe for some but definitely not me

Jen

I’ve had to order transcripts for several years now for my FAFSA and now my daughter’s. I have never had a problem because of it. I think it was just coincidental.

Bonnie

Is it just me or is anyone else seeing a trend here? Request transcript and all of a sudden you’re under review?

I’ve personally been through this twice in the past year. I ordered my transcript out of the tax season and all of a sudden I got a bill for 1700 dollars bc my return from two years prior was reviewed and the IRS found a mistake from an education tax credit that I claimed. My college didn’t check a box on my 1098-T and I was not responsible for that. However I was responsible for a bill that I didn’t owe. I situated it and didn’t have to pay it BUT then it happened again when I ordered another transcript for a different year!

I’m thinking the system flags people who are ordering tax transcripts and holding up tax returns. That’s just my opinion. I will never order a transcript again. Be careful.

Hella Salty

I could order both transcripts as of 2/26 and got my DDD this morning.

If it says under review, that means it’s being reviewed. Perhaps after processing something flagged. Id call the IRS or go to the office Monday morning.

Shawn

If I was able to order both transcripts 2/26/16 in the morning… and now woke up to the following.. what does that mean? Thanks for your help.. I am nervous..

We received your tax return and it is being reviewed. You will receive a notice from us requesting you to provide additional information within 30 calendar days. You may not receive all or part of your refund until we receive and review the information we requested. If you need more information after you receive our notice, call the number on the notice.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:

Tax Topic 151, Your Appeal Rights

Anonymous

In the past years, once you can order the Return Transcript, you did get a DDD on the next cycle. This year is completely whacked.
                                  2/4 – Filed with Turbo Tax but paid fees out of pocket – no SBT Bank involved
                                  2/4 – Accepted on WMR
                                  1 Bar with TT152
                                  2/16 -Ordered Return & Acct Transcript
                                  **Still have not received either one in mail**
                                  2/22 – The 1-Bar went missing with TT152
                                  2/24 – Return Approved on TT152 gone – DDD message changed to Check Mailing by 3/1
                                  2/25 – 21 Days and I call IRS to ask why a check is being mailed. Agent said my Bank had rejected the DDD (that I never knew was coming per WMR). Confirmed that check to be mailed by 3/1 (which means on 3/1) -letter with CP35 Code had been sent out – no receipt yet.
                                  Called Bank (Chase) and they said no US Govt DDD ever sent and no rejection – my refund is over 10k and was also last year – no prob with Bank or DDD ever in the past
                                  2/26 – Still at 2 Bars on WMR with same check being mailed by 3/1message
                                  2/27 – we shall see if any new updates – Saturdays and Wednesdays are the major update days…more to follow until refund is actually received and deposited!

Drea

Filed 2/1
                                    accepted 2/3
                                    stuck on one bar until 2/19
                                    able to order account 2/8(but it was all 0’s)
                                    able to order return 2/19 (still haven’t received)
                                    bars disappeared 2/19, still have tt 152 your refund is still being processed”
                                    same as of this am 2/26 (this was supposed to be my ddd)
                                    it better be 3/4 or earlier.
                                    This is getting a little ridiculous.

Jen

usually you will get a DDD in the next update after you can order your return transcripts BUT this year has been so messed up that some people are not getting DDD’s for a while after

Tiffany

I order my return transcript on 02/22/16 when will I get a DDD I did my tax’s on 01/19/16

Anonymous

Just checked WMR, still nothing!! Ordered transcripts last Friday! My 21 days are up on Monday and I’ve never had to wait this long!

tya

Does anyone know when will you get a date after your able to get your tax refund transcript?

Danny

Can anyone answer this question for me please I filed Jan 20 It was accepted Jan 21..I had all the bars for my return to sent to Netspend Feb 3 2016…Called Netspend they said they didn’t have it. The IRS took my return back around that time that’s when the computers crashed.. I was able to order both return trans and account trans last night Feb 22,2016

After all this will I receive a DDD?? Can someone please answer this??? Feeling Worried

Anonymous

I was able to order both on Friday but I still don’t have a DDD yet. I will say last year when I ordered them, I got a DDD the next day

Tasha

I was able to order both transcripts as of Friday
                                                  When will I get a date
                                                  The irs website keep saying its being process no bars no topics

ian

Filed 2 weeks ago today and the first time i tried to order my transcripts on saturday i could order them both and now monday WMR is still not updated? Also have code 152. Any idea when it would update?

waiting game

Ordered both my transcripts on 2/19 and it’s now 2/22 and still says return is being processed. I’m really getting nervous about this. I really was putting almost all of my return towards paying off bills. I just don’t understand what is taking so long.

Fj

What do it mean when your bars go missing on where’s my refund and still says your Refund still being processed

Anonymous

For me, I got 2 bars and a DDD the day after I could order my return transcript

Bryan

I was able to order my return transcripts yesterday (2/19) and like others who got a DDD of 2/24. I did not. Still no bars or tax topic. Verified on 2/15. So. I guess it’s just a waiting game..

Fj

When requesting for your IRS transcripts are you asking for 2015 or 2016 year please help

Thakwik1

The Transcript Theory is true.
                                                                Filed on 02/08/16
                                                                Ordered Transcripts on 02/19/16
                                                                WMR updated with DDD of 02/24/16.

Hope this Helps.

mandix0

fied feb 4 and accepted feb 5th, this morning ordered my return transcript and my DDD is Feb 24th!!!! FINALLY!?!?!?!?!

Sarah

I filed 2-2-26 and was able to order both transcripts this morning ! 02-19-16
                                                                    Hoping and praying for a DDD very soon!!!
                                                                    Finally a bit of hope

Deejones

In my past experience being able to order your transcript means money in the bank ,but if you owe or have offsets your return is done processing but it could show that you are not receiving any money back happen to my brother with child support

Thatnerdygirl2016

Filed on 2/10/2016 return was accepted same day. I used freetaxusa.com. No fees included. Bars have remained at return accepted since the 10th. Was able to order return transcript as of today. Is this a good sign? When will my bars move again? I have no ddd or anything. Oh the only thing that I received was the tax topic 152 which were in regards to direct deposits and so forth. When and what date should I expect my return? On the 14th day or the 21st day from whence I filed? Also I direct deposited my return by using a Rushcard and they stated that I can get my refund sooner than the days that were given. Can someone anyone give me some insight please? Thank you!

• #4139635
                                                                        Jazzy

Was able to order my return transcript today 2/13/16. I had to verify my identity 2/10/16. I was able to order both account and return. Does the wmr up date on Sunday’s. I hope I wake up to a DDd tomorrow!!!! Fingers cross

• #4139607
                                                                          Tyty1040x

Was able to order my return as of today. ..hope some progress soon. …

• #4139547
                                                                            The MrsL

I was able to order my RETURN TRANSCRIPT on 2/12/2016. This morning WMR stated my DDD is 2/18/2016. I think when you are able to order them you are able to get your DDD on the following weeks cycle. I hope this helps you guys. BTW I have tried to order that specific transcript everyday. I filed on 1/19/2016 my account was on hold due to idenitity verification.

• #4134442
                                                                              Bill

Filed 2/6/2016 accepted same day. Just ordered my return transcripts tonight, will keep you updated. Used Taxslayer program

• #4130797
                                                                                Alyusha
                                                                                  @alyusha

What everyone else said, plus look at it this way…

You can not order an incomplete transcript. So if you are able to order a return transcript, then that means they have finished everything there is to do on your return for that year.

The transcript is the Official IRS page that they keep on file that indicates everything. Like others said it can be used for all types of stuff, even loans.

So if you can order a return transcript, and that means that in the IRS system, you are done. All that is left is for whatever DDD they put on that paper (that we wont see for 5-10 days) to come, at least if you’re getting a refund.

Whatever method the IRS uses to update WMR, will be updated upon finished transcripts.

In past years many people, including my self, do not get updated WMRs and just get the DD in their banks. This would be because the room full of monkeys imputing data may forget to update some.

• #4130785
                                                                                  TaxMoneyTony

A return transcript indicates you are getting a tax return this year. Most people use that as proof of filing. It also has your cycle, which tells you DDD. Honestly I have used this system for the past few years to determine my DDD.

• #4130770
                                                                                    Ilovemykids

How soon after do yu get your ddd because i finally got to order mines today around 2 something but still have no bars and 9001 code.

• #4130278
                                                                                      Gimme My Mula

According to the rep i just spoke to absolutely NOTHING until 3 weeks after you file or once you get your return! Lol

But seriously, it’s suppose to me your return is on its way. Go to IRS.gov and there should me a link to order your transcript. Or just google IRS Transcript and the link should be there.

• #4130252
                                                                                        Anonymous

How does one order a transcript? New to this and very confused.

• #4130088
                                                                                          Jau

The Past 2 Years When I Was Able To Order My Transcripts After Being Stuck On Processing For Almost 2 Weeks I Was Approved The Next Day And Got A DDD If That Helps

• #4129988
                                                                                            j9small

So, for the past two years that I have been following this site, one thing that remained true for me was that once I was able to order my return transcripts my refund was coming shortly after. The only thing that has changed this year is that you cannot look at them online anymore. I used to be able to see exactly when I would receive it by cycle codes and how much it was and if there was any offset. Now, all we can do is have them sent in the mail. Bummer, but it is still a good sign that once you are able to order your return transcript you will receive a ddd very soon. Always worked for me.

• #4129983
                                                                                              lamoglinsgal

In past years, ordering your return transcript has indicated that your return was done processing, and you would be receiving a DDD in the next day or so. Also in past years, we were able to view the transcript online, and from there we could actually obtain our DDD. Now that we can’t view online, we pullers are continuing on with being able to order transcripts means you’re done processing. Last year, I got my DDD the day after I was able to pull my return transcript.

• #4129970
                                                                                                Ty

I am wondering the same thing. can someone help us out?

Viewing 45 reply threads
                                                                                              • The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.