Well…. Now, I guess I just wait… (EIC, ACTC)

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Well…. Now, I guess I just wait… (EIC, ACTC)

• This topic has 111 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by cinimod.
  • Topic Starter
    AM88

Hello All,

So, I filed my taxes on 1/12 and was accepted on 1/19 for Federal and 1/23 for state. I claimed HOH, EIC, ACTC (had a daughter this year). Well, I figured with this new law, that I would just check back in on the 15th and see how things are going because I probably wouldn’t see any movement. However, having a nice return coming this year, I have been ever so anxious to get processed, approved, and get my refund. So , being patiently impatient, I decided to check on igotmyrefund.com to see what people were saying and what was going on in the “Refund world” (I come here every year religiously until I get my refund). Well, I see people talking about the new law, talking about getting DDD’s (without EIC) and people able to order their Transcripts.

So, I decided what the hell, I will go try to order my transcripts. I can’t instantly view them online because I don’t have a credit card or mortgage for verification, I do have a debit card and a car load but I would have to go through and find my car load account number. So, I decided just to try to order them through the mail. This is what I did last year and as soon as I was able to order them, I got a DDD within a few days.

Well, I call the number and enter all of my information and BAM!!!! What do you know?? I can order my ACCOUNT and RETURN transcripts for 2016. So, basically my return has been handled and processed. Instantly I was EXCITED… Until reality hit… Am I really going to have to sit here for another 19 DAYS just waiting for my funds to get released KNOWING that they are processed and waiting to be sent to me???!! Man.. that is a tough pill to swallow. I really hope that something happens and they get released or it doesn’t apply to everybody or something to that effect. However, I fear the worst, and if that is the case… The year is going to be EXCRUCIATINGLY UNBEARABLE!

Is anybody else in the same position as me? Has anybody else filed, that falls under the new law, that can order both account and return transcripts?? Thanks!

Filed: 1/12
      Accepted: 1/19
      Claimed: HOH, EIC, ACTC
      Preparer: TurboTax
      WMR: 1 Bar, TT152
      DDD: N/A
      Fees: Deducted from refund
      Transcripts: Can order both as of this morning (couldn’t last night)

Viewing 110 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        cinimod

I filed with eic on 1/13, accepted on 1/13… 04/05/2017 cycle..still nothing…can order transcripts but with still processing..

WillBeas
            @willbeas

Its says starting the 16th, with the vast majority updated by the 18th. The wording is everything, it says “by”

AM88

@Lauren

Also, the government did warn us that this would happen in their press release. They specifically said that there would be an update the 18th and that people may see a slight change to their WMR page or “An intermittent message”.. I am assuming that this “Processing” message is that intermittent message.

Lauren

@AM88 ah ok. Well that seems to be a good thing then. I am not expecting the bars to be relevant this year for my PATH circumstance anyway.
                I just saw someone in another thread say that she spoke to an irs rep and they aren’t going to be depositing anything until the 27th.
                I don’t understand why they bothered saying the 15th they should have been realistic and just said. “you all aren’t getting your money until march” lol

AM88

@Lauren

Ya, it seems like that is what most people have! Mine updated to that, I know a lot of others have as well. I haven’t seen a single person with 2 bars, not one. Although I have seen some people who still have the PATH message.

Lauren

Hey…so the path message is now gone and it now says:

“We have received your tax return and it is being processed.
                    Please Note:
                    For refund information, please continue to check here, or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day.”

The amount is back up on the site too. It was removed for a while. Anyone else get that one?

scottwood

To the little administrator that took my comments from here just because I was telling the truth..which is proven now…fuck you. You allow all of this fake info to get people’s hopes up, this site is garbage

Willa

@teepot

Actually if you are able to order complete transcripts then you are finished processing. If they are blank then you are still being processed but your return has been opened to start, so, yes, it does mean something if you are able to order both transcripts. I have heard this information from multiple IRS Reps over the years and tax professionals. Now, I’m not saying that you are going ro receive your refund by a certain date, this year things are very different. But just that transcripts signal your return has been processed.

teepot

Transcripts and being able to order them does not mean anything. for some its a go, but it definitely does not validate anything, so don’t go by someone else yippies about ordering TS you’ll be extremely disappointed. As a matter of fact I order transcripts last year and was successful, and what came in the mail. some blank info. :{ This year i have the PATH message as normal, and was able to order

WillBeas
                            @willbeas

I’m with @Shwa, last yr for me..
                            The sad part is the ones that think their word is the “only word”, was just asking everyone else questions maybe 3-4 days ago!!! Smh

G.I. Jane

So I just can’t phantom the thought of being able to order BOTH transcripts &
                              Updating on WMR to path act message
                              To only ending up getting a letter for review or audited… Don’t make sense to me at all🤔

Shwa
                                @yupitsshwa

Yea, I had to get approval. This is my last year in this forum because it gets too personal year after year. Been around for about 3 now and sad that we can’t eloquently express how we feel without someone trying to get you to see and own their perspective. I just take the approach of hear info, research it, and report. I’m not anyone’s parent, debate moderator, WMR police, or even trying to obtain credibility through forcing my opinion or reports on others. I think we all learn from each other, and I’ve learned enough now where I don’t have to come back. I hope that trend continues or they start moderating more not to supremes opinions like others have suggested, but to keep it clean. That would make this forum friendlier. In my opinion of course :p

Shwa
                                  @yupitsshwa

All I know is I have both transcripts , filed on 1/7, accepted 1/12, bars went away on the 24th, path message the 24th also, but couldn’t get transcripts until 1/28. Processing date the 13th, so I like many others expect to get my refund by the week of the 15th (next week). I hope you all get yours fast! Peace ✌️

Shwa
                                    @yupitsshwa

@tnmomof4 🎉🎉🎉👌😍… The law is law, but the algorithms in place need to be tested (as they do every year) to ensure accuracy of those systems. Just as the IRS agent told me opening week. A+ to you. A feaking +.

Lexi

@michael

I have cycle code 0405 and processing day of 2/13 as well. I know I am weekly but do you think its possible for an update Saturday with a DDD for Wed(15th)..OR will I not see an update until Saturday (18th) for a DDD on Wed (22nd)?? Please and thank you

tnmomof4

We all shall see in the days to come. I don’t disregard anyone’s comments when it comes to the IRS or government in general. Things change all the time. Rules are broken every day. Let’s just hope that everyone get some money coming their way next week.

Anonymous

@Tom hasnt been on today i dont think but he would also be able to confirm.

tnmomof4

I have read a few comments on this thread and I just want to share some information. The IRS runs test cycles in their systems every year. This is done especially when new systems are in place for obvious reasons that testing needs to be completed. Those who state they have received a refund, with EIC and ACTC, before the recognized release date of Feb 15…….well it is possible that they have received a refund. If some remember a few years back when several credits were effected, including education credits. “Some” people were caught in early filing cycles and became recycled causing them to not see a refund for over 30 days. Meanwhile some who filed closer to the second week of Feb. were processed through quickly. The moral of my comment is to respect all and not assume that someone is falsifying information simply because the IRS give a certain date. TEST cycles must be ran. Happy Tax Season to All!

Ash

Ty, it took three days for WMR to recognize the main social from a MFJ return (the other social showed as accepted as soon as it was). So it may be some type of glitch in the system, but it should correct itself.

Ty

WMR is saying the information entered does not match our records. I called my tax preparer and she said due to the PATH act that’s why it is not showing up and that I have been accepted. I filed HOH with EIC and child credits.
                                                Should I make sure they put all my information correct?

Shwa
                                                  @yupitsshwa

At this point I’m starting to feel like Jeff in the sense that people will believe what they want so I’m letting it go. We all aren’t lying , everyone isn’t crazy, seeing things etc. it’s on multiple forums like TT, etc. Yes we know it shouldn’t happen. Yes we know it’s the law lol. Yes we know someone will slip through the cracks because if you believe anything is 100% in our country you’re foolish. And just in case anyone came into the conversation late, no one is saying people are getting their money before 15 February. We are reporting that people have gotten direct deposit dates set for January 30, and Feb 1st that have a combination of either EIC and ACTC, EIC and No ACTC, and even EIC and ACT. Either way it goes by law this should not be happening. So obviously some people are getting through. If they get their money that’s another story and I’m not particularly concerned about that. I am personally concerned with the fact that the system is not 100% and this is the reason why we have to wait longer for money? My argument is not with anybody in the forums. It’s an inquiry as to why this “hiccup is happening g.” And when I spoke to the IRS last week (and I have documented it well in various topics in this forum), they didn’t have an answer as to why it’s happening, and told me that the system decides how the process goes unless they have to manually process it themselves. They have a very elaborate system in place that checks and balances itself. I need everyone to fully understand what that means. Do I’m done with the conversation lol. We spent hours talking about it last night. At this point I feel like I’m talking in circles, and there is zero understanding from the newer people that posted, because they’re not reading the earlier posts just as the community rules suggest everyone does, nor are most of the commenters fact checking. And I do appreciate those that have. Thank you have a great day and good luck everyone! :)

AM88

@Kiki

Yes I will definitely let you all know!!! I just checked on WMR again to be sure and when I logged in, all it says is:

We have received your tax return and it is being processed.
                                                    If you filed a complete and accurate tax return, your refund should be issued within 21 days of the received date. Processing may take longer under certain circumstances.
                                                    Please check here or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go, to check on your refund status.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
                                                    • Tax Topic 152, Refund Information

IRS Privacy Policy

So, fingers crossed!!!!!!!!

Shwa
                                                      @yupitsshwa

-Frank

I agree with 99% of what you’re saying. The only 1% is about your 90% lol. I am in the exact same bias as you except I don’t have the PATH ACT paragraph (as of 1PM EST). I just have the regular TT152 messsge and the 21 days….. return may take longer under certain circumstances, etc… Nothing about the PATH ACT that’s obviously referring to the ACT itself.

Kat

@shae

The person you’re responding to is Tam, not Tom.

Tam is the one who knows what everyone should or should not do with their tax refunds.

Just

I was able to order my transcripts two days ago for both return and account transcript for 2016 via mail bc I had never requested one before I needed to get a pin sent via mail.

My question is wether the IRS would mail a blank transcript? I haven’t received them yet and was wondering if the transcripts that are in mail are only mailed if they have info on them or if there is a possibility that they are blank? Has anyone requested them via mail and received a blank transcript?

JSH2017
                                                            @jsh2017

@Neicey:

Filed/Accepted late on 1/27/17
                                                            1 bar on WMR, TT152 General Refund Info message
                                                            Return Transcript not available as of this morning.

MFS/ACTC/W2/Business, Medical, Real Estate, Charitable Deductions … TurboTax
                                                            Direct Deposit – Fees PrePaid – No State (FL)

There is a forum specifically for 1/27/17 filers and almost ALL of them who don’t have EITC or ACTC woke up to DDD of 2/10/17.

Please keep me posted if you have any changes and I will do the same!

*******************************

…. and the negative people on here need to get a grip. If you have a problem with the purpose of this site, which is to bounce ideas and questions off of each other so we don’t go nuts waiting, then go troll somewhere else or sit quietly in your mom’s basement and eat your Totinos. I don’t see a post where anyone asked for your nasty opinions.

Neicey

Anyone only able to order account transcripts? Or any one was only able to order account can now order both return and account transcripts?

Filed/accepted 1/28
                                                              H.o.h Eitc education credit
                                                              I know a few people who filed the exact same way as me eitc hoh education credit and they have the path message and are able to order both transcripts.

WillBeas
                                                                @willbeas

We’re all here to help one another. I’m only here to get info and provide info where I can. If you dont know I suggest you dont respond. Every tax situation is different. I don’t appreciate the fact I have to scroll through y’all nonsense to find what im looking for. None of us would be here unless WE ALL NEEDED OUR MONEY!!! PERIOD!!! STOP JUDGING AND PLZ NO FEEDING THE TROLLS!!

Shwa
                                                                  @yupitsshwa

Oh and Michael,

I did note in my post it wasn’t from the IRS…..

Shwa
                                                                    @yupitsshwa

I swear it seems like the rudeness level increases here every year. All I was saying was IF people wanted to do that, they should explore that option. I’m not anyone’s financial advisor so I it’s not personal man. Y’all IGMR police need to chill…. It’s almost like you guys have an auto response ready to go as soon as someone posts lbvs.

Shwa
                                                                      @yupitsshwa

There are some people getting refunds through a RAL. Liberty tax service is doing it. People with path credits are getting loans (not from IRS ) up to 1,300. Call and confirm. So next year maybe folks should explore that option to take the edge off the wait a little.

arienneashley

I filed 02/06/17 and was accepted the same day! I have EITC , ACT, AND EDUCATION CREDIT .

When I checked “wheres my refund” it cant find my info . it could up until today ? anybody else in the same boat

• #4162044
                                                                        Justin

Cool. Thanks @Tom. Keep us updated :)

• #4162036
                                                                          Tom

I’m not 100% sure, but I think employers are required to send W2’s to Social Security, not the IRS. I don’t truly believe they are cross checking W2’s. Could I be wrong? Sure… Just like mostly everyone, most of this is new to me.

• #4162027
                                                                            Justin

@Tom

Thanks for the quick reply! No, I did not try to order my AT. Like you said, it doesn’t really make a difference. Last year, I got my DD before it ever updated in WMR and it took another week for it to show as such, which makes it pretty clear there is no such thing as ‘up-to-date across the board’ where the IRS is concerned.

It is one thing or another EVERY year and it is nice to have these forums to know I am not the only one in a state of anxiety over the annoyingly long wait.

While I have your ear, here is a quick question …. if the IRS is now requiring W2/1099 be furnished to them by 1/31/17 under PATCH, why can we not get access to Wage and Income Transcripts until the end of April/beginning of May this year? Just curious…

• #4162023
                                                                              NeedInfo

@Tom so right on it is sad just sad to see people cling to false hope..transcripts is just a shot in the dark yes it could mean this or that but in no way does it mean anything other than progress hopefully, that’s it!

Look to error codes or instruction to call on WMR or a letter in the mail box that’s the only time to be concerned or if none of that has transpired then only call after 21 days has passed other wise the irs just give anyone a complete bs answer.

• #4162017
                                                                                Tom

I’ve come to learn ordering transcripts is not an exact science and does not mean there is something wrong with your return. Usually, people have little success ordering their transcripts before they hit the second status bar OR get the PATH Act message. However, 1 is NOT dependent on the other. Can you order your account transcript? Not that it matters, I’ve already received my refund before I could order my transcripts, but it does indicate progress is being made. Keep in mind that if there is an actual problem, the IRS will ALWAYS send you a letter.

• #4162006
                                                                                  Justin

@Tom (definitely NOT Tam) ….

Filed 1/27
                                                                                    Accepted 1/27 at 330pm EST
                                                                                    1 bar, TT152
                                                                                    Claiming ACTC, itemized, business/medical/homeowner deductions
                                                                                    FL – No State Filed
                                                                                    RETURN TRANSCRIPT UNAVAILABLE AS OF 2/8/17

Hi Tom. you seem to have a good grip on things and I like your no bs responses. I wanted to pick your brain.. I know I have to wait until after the 15th for my (hopefully) approval and DDD but should I be concerned that my RT are not yet available to request via mail yet based on my filing/acceptance date? I see that a LOT of people are able to request their RT but some filed a week or two before I did. any feedback from you (or anyone) would be REALLY appreciated.

• #4161914
                                                                                    Tom

The PATH Act message basically just means… there will be no movement until Feb. 15th, so please STOP checking it until then.

As far as being under review… yeah, maybe that’s the case. But if you have a processing date and the amount is what you are expecting on your transcripts, you’re good to go. The IRS will NOT put a processing date on an account that is under review. Once the processing date is given, you’re in queue for your refund. Mind you, PATH Act now starts the queue on Feb 15th.

In most cases, the review is as simple as them verifying your identity… in other case, there may have been an error… most of the time, it is resolved quickly. Will it hold up your refund? It could, yes.

• #4161910
                                                                                      Anonymous

Why do people think that they will get a DDDbefore the 15th??? Lol cracks me up. When you can see both completed transcripts and have a processing date then you are done.

• #4161895
                                                                                        Savanna

I have the path message. I was told that just because you can order your returns doesnt mean it was approved or processed. Just what I was told. I was also told if your amount is gone on wmr that means your under review. Not speculating but was told by an IRS rep.

• #4161740
                                                                                          Tom

@Ty

My understanding is only early filers are being held. The explanation is it is because that is when a lot of fraud/ID theft occurs. By holding the funds, it allows the real filers to get their returns in before the fraudulent ones get deposits and spend the money.

Obviously, there’s more to it, but that is the primary reason.

• #4161719
                                                                                            Ty

What I don’t understand is this new path law to hold our refunds until feb 15? So what happenes to the people who file after the 15? What happens to them there funds don’t get held up? This is so unfair they should have held everyone’s refund for x amount of days that would have been a better law. I filed 1/13/17 accepted on 1/17/17 first I had topic 152 on the 19th then path message on 20th I called my emerald card thru H&R Block called costumer service and had a recording my funds will be deposited on 2/8/17 I’m not getting my hopes up

• #4161689
                                                                                              Tom

@No One In Particular

I’m a little confused as to how I was rude… I didn’t pay it much attention earlier because there were actual questions. Is being matter-of-fact now a form of rudeness?

I mean, if you would rather me bs you and tell you whatever you wanna hear just so you can bitch, whine and call me a liar later when it doesn’t happen, fine… this ones just for you! EVERYONE effected by PATH Act will receive their DD’s tomorrow, the IRS realized that an April Fools Joke works better on April 1.

For those who prefer factual, pointed answers… Ask away.

If it comes across as being rude, sorry in advance, but the truth is often neither pretty or welcomed, but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s well, fact. Maybe you should just be better at being an adult and realize you will NOT get your way more than you will get your way.

• #4161445
                                                                                                JENNI

@tom
                                                                                                  Thanks so much!! :)

• #4161429
                                                                                                  Tom

@nikesha

Thanks! I just tell it the way it is.

• #4161415
                                                                                                    NiKesha

@Tom
                                                                                                      Boom!!! Lol I see others are not a big fan of yours but I am!! Thanks for all the helpful info, keep it coming!!

• #4161195
                                                                                                      Tom

@Jenni

I am aware of some people getting letters, I’m unsure on how this affects anything. One person in particular, got a letter from the IRS but also has a processing date on their transcripts.

If you have the PATH Act message on WMR, don’t worry, this is exactly what is suppose to happen. You are being processed as normal, your payment is just being held. If you can order transcripts, it is in my experience that you should be fine. Anyone affected by the PATH Act will not see movement until, or after Feb 15. Your status bars should return then… and if your processing date is Feb 13th, you should see your refund in your bank by the 15th, depending on your bank.

• #4161133
                                                                                                        JENNI

@tom
                                                                                                          Since you work in the Tax business have you heard of anyone that has the path message, get a letter from the irs? Or has it just been people with no movement? Ty :)

• #4161125
                                                                                                          JENNI

Wow!! Why all the nastiness people??? No one knows anyone’s situation so don’t make rude comments and accusations. Some of us desperately need this money to pay tuition for our kids, some things you can’t plan and save for, like broken bones and taking time off work because your Mom gets sick and passes away. This guy Tom and Michael are giving us good accurate information. Not crazy stories about test deposits and stuff. Most of us are on here to hear the kind of info they are giving us…not the other bs

• #4161113
                                                                                                            Alison

@Tam
                                                                                                              The IRS does test batches a few weeks before opening day to make sure their system is accepting returns efficiently. They have no need to do a test batch on deposits, they have sent out plenty already this year. Our “PATH” deposits are the same as everyone else, they just are sending them later instead of as soon as they are processed. Unfortunately we have to wait (only another week now!!!! YAY!!) Stay positive, our day is coming!!

• #4161090
                                                                                                              Tom

@Tam

There is a difference from being rude and being straight to the point.

You can take whatever I say however you want… but one thing is certain, the law is the law.

And there were NO test batches with returns issued already. There are acceptance test batches every year, but that has no bearing on when you get your refund.

• #4161063
                                                                                                                Tom

@michael

Depending on your bank… I think it is safe to say you will see it then.

• #4161057
                                                                                                                  Anonymous

@Tom yep we all basically need to wait. Hopefully i see something on the 15th lol

• #4161047
                                                                                                                    Tom

@michael,

They will start processing on Feb 13th, some may see it the 15th. However, until the 15th, you will not see a DDD according to law.

@shwa

I have these wonderful things called breaks and days off… I also don’t work 24/7. Because I mean, last time I checked there’s more than 10 hours in a day. Oh.. and I also use this site to do some homework, see how tax season is trending… But I mean, i guess you wouldn’t have ever thought that I’m not a machine, huh?

As far as clientele, i have about 100 people in mine… 90% have already filed… I have a few who routinely wait until the very last day to file, and then I have the drifters who come in when they have time.

I work for a small tax prep service, but most of my time is answering questions.

• #4161027
                                                                                                                      Anonymous

@Tom someone on another thread also said they got a DDD and told them they are full of it or just didnt read the transcript properly. I have a family member at the IRS and did find out though that if my date says processing feb 13th that if my bank is quick i MAY have my money on the 15th otherwise by the end of next week.

• #4159925
                                                                                                                        scgirl

Thanks Michael!

• #4159885
                                                                                                                          scgirl

This is the message from H&R Block……

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015, the IRS is required to hold all refunds for taxpayers claiming these credits. This means the IRS won’t issue your refund before February 15. This delay applies to all tax preparation companies and filing methods and impacts your entire refund, not just the portion associated with these credits. While the IRS will begin issuing refunds with these forms starting February 15, your federal refund will not appear in your bank account until the week of February 27. (If you’ve chosen direct deposit and your return doesn’t have any IRS processing issues, this allows time for your financial institution to post your refund to your account.)

So, may not get any funds until the week of February 27th!

• #4159880
                                                                                                                            Tom

Dunno how to edit…

Code 846 signals your refund is on its way…

Code 826 means your refund is being used to pay old debts..

There’s MANY codes that could be on your transcript.

• #4159867
                                                                                                                              Tom

@shwa

826 means the refund was processed… You have codes I’m sure… 3 to be exact… but none are 826 as those won’t happen until 2/15

• #4159242
                                                                                                                                Anonymous

which code do you see and where? 826 means overpayment transferred and 846 also mentions overpayments so not sure thats what you would be looking for.

• #4158998
                                                                                                                                  MizuSeirei
                                                                                                                                    @mizuseirei

OK. Here is my update. Yes, I am still waiting just like expected and just like everyone else who has either filed early or in my case has claimed one or both of the specified credits for the new law. I filed 1/23 and accepted 1/23 with the “Path Act” notice on 1/28.

I just received my transcripts in the mail (account and return).

My cycle date is: 20170405 . . . What does this mean?

I see that it has a processing date of 2/13. . . . Why is it set for a future date?

I have been reading another post from a different thread’s from people that mentioned the transcripts being BLANK. . . . This is not my case. My transcript looks pretty much complete. No errors. Everything looks just about right for what I can see.

If you are able to decipher this for me, then I would appreciate it very much.

• #4158996
                                                                                                                                    TheWaitIsReal

The wait is agonizing. I really hope the path message means we are good to go come the 15th.
                                                                                                                                      Anyone know phone number to order transcripts?

• #4158392
                                                                                                                                      Anonymous

I was able to get both transcripts today but have the PATH message. Has anyone actually gotten a deposit yet or are those lies? also how do i see the processing date etc?

• #4157982
                                                                                                                                        WillBeas
                                                                                                                                          @willbeas

Your the lucky one I see @Julia , I hope to get a surprise as well

• #4157973
                                                                                                                                          Julia

I had just the child tax credit on my return no EIC, and I just got an update of a deposit date of 2/07/2016

Refund Status Results
                                                                                                                                            Print. Take the survey.

Return ReceivedRefund ApprovedRefund Sent
                                                                                                                                            Your return has been processed and refund amount approved. Your return has been processed and refund amount approved.

Your tax refund is scheduled to be sent to your bank by February 7, 2017.
                                                                                                                                            If your refund is not credited to your account by February 12, 2017, check with your bank to see if it has been received.

Please Note:
                                                                                                                                            For refund information, please continue to check here, or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day.
                                                                                                                                            IRS Privacy Policy

• #4157955
                                                                                                                                            TheWaitIsReal

I filed the 23rd. Not sure when I got the path message as I pretty much forgot about it till around 2/1. Today I tried to order transcripts but it wasn’t working. Not sure why I’m pretty sure I go my address right. Should I be worried? I tried the online first but I forgot my password and I went as far as making a new account but couldn’t because this year they are asking for 8 digits from your cc # or auto loan # and I don’t have anything they asked for.

It allowed me to get to that screen after I entered my address when trying to order online transcripts but the same address I put in for the mailed transcripts was incorrect.

Only thing I haven’t done is call the number which I might. And if I do I’ll keep u guys posted

I’m really hoping to hear some good news after the 15th.

• #4157423
                                                                                                                                              Tom

What is so hard to understand? If you have one or both of the credits and actually qualified for them… you cannot and will not get your refund before the 15th. There is no accidental release, no tests, no nothing.

Your return gets locked out automatically when it is processed. No one can magically unlock it and release your payment.

• #4157122
                                                                                                                                                Niecey

If people really are getting theirs early I bet this weekend we’ll know for sure sinces thats the big update.

• #4157081
                                                                                                                                                  Lauren

@stacie whaaaa seriously? I have filed the exact same every year minus this year because my husband filed with me. Thats cool she got her money already though. I don’t have the path act yet. I guess perhaps because I filed later.
                                                                                                                                                    Mine shouldn’t be flagged for review anyway because I am a really simple boring middle class person LOL.

• #4156983
                                                                                                                                                    WaterSpirit
                                                                                                                                                      @waterspirit-mizuseirei

So I’m still waiting, The wait sucks.

• #4155758
                                                                                                                                                      Shwa
                                                                                                                                                        @yupitsshwa

*leads

• #4155753
                                                                                                                                                        Shwa
                                                                                                                                                          @yupitsshwa

And the evidence just keeps pouring in…..

Keep me updated on whether or not you guys get your deposit before the 15th because this could be a hiccup up in the system or a could be what the IRS lady told me last week. The fact that it is happening to a lot of people leave me to believe it’s not a hiccup.

• #4155716
                                                                                                                                                          Stacie

Here’s an odd one. I am an accountant assistant and do taxes for a few close friends of mine, as well as my own. I qualified for both EIC and ACTC, as well as one of my friends.

My WMR shows the path act message, and so does one of my friends who qualified for both as well. However, she called me this morning that she could see her refund pending in her account. Of course, I did NOT believe her, so I had her send me a screen shot and, well- she was not lying- it is there pending for 2/1. WTH?? We BOTH filed 1/15 accepted 1/19

What in the world is going on????

• #4155305
                                                                                                                                                            Elle

Hello All! Happy tax season!

I read everyone’s post and I have one question, sorry if I am a broken record. For those that have been able to order their transcripts, I know last year you were able to determine your DDD by some of the numbers on it. Has anyone been able to decode that? I have not attempted to order mine this year but i was just curious. Thanks in advance :)

Filed 1/25
                                                                                                                                                              Accepted 1/25
                                                                                                                                                              1 bar, TT152
                                                                                                                                                              Claiming EIC & ACTC
                                                                                                                                                              NJ State Accepted 1/26

• #4155282
                                                                                                                                                              Shwa
                                                                                                                                                                @yupitsshwa

Hey thanks man. I wasn’t trying to be right though. I just wanted to state what I was told without being called crazy, etc. But hey, it’s the internet :D! Have a good one and keep us updated!

Btw, my NE refund is on the way. Day 3 on the path act message. Filed 1/7 accepted 1/12. Expecting to see the message until the money is already deposited. How it was for me last year as welll. Good luck all

• #4155280
                                                                                                                                                                Ken

I think @shwa was right guys. He put in a post last week but he spoke to the IRS and they said that the system determines how people are processed. I called today and the Agent who was Irritated it seems told me the system does all the work. If it detects something that’s when they manually review and that’s why sometimes you’ll see a certain status on WMR and then it changes. Kind of like when your refund amount goes missing, and stuff like that. She said it’s a meticulous process and we can be assured there won’t be any fraud because of the path act law. I asked her about people getting money yet and all she said was if the system determines all the checks are clear it’ll assign a date based on historical processes and current processes on a persons account. I asked her about the new law and how it works with the system and she said she cannot give out specifics. She said the system cannot detect law (I felt she was being condescending), and that if people are getting refunds it’s because the systems in place all checked out 100%

After I heard that, I’m actually at a blank on what the heck is really going on now. I don’t think they know themselves what is going on tbh. I just want my money!!!

• #4155268
                                                                                                                                                                  Kat

Wait, I just read your post more carefully.

Sorry, I don’t know what receiving the PATH message when one shouldn’t has to do with a PATH-affected person getting their DDD. Thanks for the info though.

• #4155266
                                                                                                                                                                    Kat

The people in those threads specifically say “no EITC or ACTC” though. The others who replied to them don’t specify, but it’s implied.

• #4154864
                                                                                                                                                                      redacted D

Here’s another post on a person that got the path act message and shouldn’t have.

https://igotmyrefund.com/forums/topic/123-accepted-ddd-21/

• #4154862
                                                                                                                                                                        redacted D

Here’s a link to a post I found. Person received path act message and didn’t qualify for EIC or ACTC.

https://igotmyrefund.com/forums/topic/feb-15th-delay-for-non-eic-and-ac-read/

• #4154846
                                                                                                                                                                          Kat

Could anyone tell me where to find a post by someone claiming they’ve received a DDD despite being affected by the PATH act?

I’m not accusing anyone of lying, but I’ve looked and haven’t found even one. I’d like to see for myself.

• #4154840
                                                                                                                                                                            Ken

I’ve been following some posts and I too have seen people getting their refund dates with EIC and ACTC. What I’ve seen was people have DDDs of Feb 2nd, but they said their online transcripts said a processing date of Feb 13.

On another note it’s sad to see people gang up on people because they have a different experience than yours. People need to grow up smh. We all are waiting.

• #4154322
                                                                                                                                                                              iiKryptic

@Jeff
                                                                                                                                                                                Agreed, if anyone thinks the IRS is going to break the law to get you your refund sooner, well your dreaming. This is not just something the IRS thought out of thin air, it IS on the lawbooks and the IRS must follow it. Don’t everyone get antsy now, youve waited all year for your refund whats another month? Or you could be like me and just up the numbers on your W4, I dont loan more money than absolutely necessary to uncle sam, interest free might I add. Instead I get maximum paychecks throughout the year and a dinky refund at the end.

• #4153870
                                                                                                                                                                                Kat

@karen

Nope, the website specifically says the entire refund will be held.

• #4153804
                                                                                                                                                                                  Shwa
                                                                                                                                                                                    @yupitsshwa

@Karen

As much as I’d like to hope that would be true, under the law it’s not allowed. I’m in the same boat as you too!

• #4153802
                                                                                                                                                                                    karen

Does anyone think it’s possible that they will be holding the EITC and Child tax credit money on refunds, but still dispersing the rest of the refund on the earlier schedule date? That may explain some of the inconsistency.

• #4153760
                                                                                                                                                                                      Shwa
                                                                                                                                                                                        @yupitsshwa

@Kiki

It’s all good I understand how stressful this can be just like the next person LOL. I just know coming together is going to bring us more answers than the opposite. So it’s all good :)

• #4153754
                                                                                                                                                                                        Stacie C Worrel
                                                                                                                                                                                          @catloon

The PATH ACT message is a GOOD thing…It usually appears the day after transcripts are available, like a DDD would have in previous years..

Filed 1/12
                                                                                                                                                                                          Accepted 1/18
                                                                                                                                                                                          EITC, ACTC-
                                                                                                                                                                                          PATH act since 1/24

• #4153744
                                                                                                                                                                                          Kiki

@shwa yeah I know was being a little defensive. Like you said we all in this together. I guess I took it the wrong way like you was trying to call me out lol it’s all good… we shall see I can’t wait until tomorrow.

@AM88 please and thank you we need to see how things goes for you. I hope you we both wake up to DDD! Lol Plus with the info SHWA shared with us gives us a little more hope as well!!

• #4153739
                                                                                                                                                                                            AM88

@Frank

Typically they update to approved and give DDD’s in batches.. IIRC, and I believe I am, there were people last year who were able to order their transcripts earlier in the week than I was, so I kept calling every day and kept getting disappointed when others could order theirs and I still couldn’t. But those people who could order them, didn’t get a DDD the day after and they were posting about being able to order transcripts but still no DDD, and how it doesn’t mean anything apparently. I ended up being able to order mine eventually on friday 2/5 and then they ended up getting their DDD’s the same day I did on 2/6 for 2/10..

So, maybe, possibly, yours was gone through and approved on Wednesday, then you were able to order your transcripts because they enter it as soon as they finish it, Now, they will update WMR tonight, like they did last year, and we will get DDD’s tomorrow for 2/1??? Hey, I can hope right. Like I said, I am pretty positive that is how it went last year.

• #4153737
                                                                                                                                                                                              Frank

@AM88

In my situation, I was able to order both transcripts on wed and still no deposit.
                                                                                                                                                                                                My bank is a credit union. So I also get my deposit early also because they give me funds before the release date.

But I wish you luck and hope that you will get a deposit.

• #4153731
                                                                                                                                                                                                AM88

@Kiki

Well, that kind of makes me wonder now. If I get a DDD and don’t have to wait until the 15th I will be EXTREMELY excited and you better believe that I will let EVERYBODY on here know if I do. Last year, there was the delay for early filers and the whole “resequencing” thing where people who filed after us got their refunds before us.

HOWEVER, last year, I was finally able to order BOTH of my transcripts on Friday 2/5/16, I then woke up to a DDD on 2/6/16 and the DDD was processed on 2/10/16! SOOO, if I am NOT effected by the PATH act and it sticks to the same routine it has for the last few years. Then, that means if I was able to order both transcripts today, I should get a DDD tomorrow 1/28 for deposit on Weds. 2/1…

Which would be AMAZING!! Although, it makes sense that they wouldn’t hold ALL refunds until 2/15, I mean that is literally MILLIONS of refunds all sitting in a holding pattern and waiting. Especially considering that 90% of people receiving a refund file before 2/5. That is a lot of people with EIC and ACTC!.. My initial reaction to the “ACT” was, with the new law requiring employers to submit W-2’s online before 1/31, that they would hold all refunds until the employers submitted them and then cross check everything and release them as they approved them. But, who knows.. I hope this is the case and they aren’t holding all refunds FOR SURE and that your refund just COULD be held until then.

• #4153729
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Shwa
                                                                                                                                                                                                    @yupitsshwa

@Kiki Now you know I haven’t read all your messages lol! Smile hun we’re all in this together. I meant no disrespect or was trying to undermine your post. I was just posting my results that happened to be the opposite of your theory. No worries though. We all shall see when the great wizard AI gives us our money :p

• #4153719
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Kiki

@shwa if you have read all of my post from day one I have clearly stated many of times that early filers are most at risk that doesn’t mean all. So kudos to you that you don’t have the Path Act as of right now. I’m talking to those who have it specifically I was talking to AM88 anyway.

• #4153686
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Shwa
                                                                                                                                                                                                        @yupitsshwa

@Kiki

I’m not so sure about that theory. I filed 1/7, Accepted 1/12, ordered both transcripts as of this morning, no Path ACT message. Please see my post from my IRS Agent Call an hour or less ago.

• #4153677
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Frank

@AM88

I was accepted on the 19th

That being said, It seems to me that my theory might be wrong. In your situation of the PATH act showing and disappearing and returning. It seems like that’s not a reliable source of figuring out if the return is processed and approved. Now the only theory still stands is that if you can order both transcripts. That’s a seeing if your return is processed and reviewed.

• #4153666
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Kiki

@AM88
                                                                                                                                                                                                            This is starting to make more sense to me. From the reading the path act it clearly states that early filers will be effected if claiming EIC OR ACTC. Since you filed 1/12 that would be considered early so on the 1/23 you were automatically given the PATH act notice. But after taking a closer look at your returns they noticed it was you and nothing was fraudulent so now it’s been processed and release. Think about it… why would they process your return if they have until the 15 th to process it. If you can get your return apparently it’s done and processed so why hold the return. The whole point of this act is to prevent fraud. So technically you wouldn’t be able to order return because it’s not processed yet and still under review. I think that’s how this path act is being handled. I believed they reviewed it and seen it wasn’t fraudulent so they went shared and processed it which shows it’s been comply because you can order return transcript

• #4153660
                                                                                                                                                                                                            AM88

@Frank

See, the weird thing is that I filed 1/12, I was accepted 1/19, and today I was able to order my transcripts.

However, immediately after I was accepted I checked WMR, which couldn’t find me. Then 2 hours later I had 1 bar with the standard message, then on 1/20 & 1/21 WMR couldn’t find me again, then WMR went from not being able to find me at 9AM on 1/21, back to 1 bar and the standard message at 7PM on 1/21. Then, on 1/23 I checked again and I had 1 bar and the PATH act paragraph underneath with TT152. I remember thinking “God this sucks, I am actually going to have to wait til the 15th” and I showed my wife the PATH act paragraph on WMR. Then, on 1/24, 1/25 & 1/26, it was the same everyday, 1 bar, PATH act paragraph, TT152… In fact, last night at 10PM when I checked it, it had the 1 bar, PATH act paragraph, and TT152 at the bottom.

Then, TODAY I was able to order both of my transcripts for 2016, so I figured I would check WMR again. Now, when I logged on, it was 1 Bar, with the standard message “your return is being processed”, “9 out of 10 returns are processed within 21 days.”, with TT152 and nothing about the PATH act???… It is weird to say the least.

• #4153652
                                                                                                                                                                                                              geminij

thank you guys wish me luck im about to try it that way lol

• #4153646
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Christine

Same here also.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Filed 01/17/17
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Accepted 01/18/17
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Still one bar.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Ordered BOTH transcripts 01/27/17
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Filed HOH
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  With EIC only

I am a weekly cycle for the past 5 years. They process on Thursday. Order transcripts Friday WMR uodates Saturday

But I have a strong feeling tomorrow will only see out bars disappear or that crazy path act message to wait to the 15th

I totally agree with Frank

• #4153644
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Lauren

I really don’t trust many things and tbh I am not sure I believe they are doing this to prevent fraud. It’s probably just the conspiracy theorist in me.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    BUT anyway. I am in the same boat this year.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    I did a couple things this year. I tried my numbers with H and R block and Turbo tax…to see if there was any difference and there was. H and R block gave me like farrrrrrr less of a refund amount than turbo. People say there is no difference but there really is and for me I am not sure why that was. I digress… I even went into H and R to see if maybe they could advance some of it but the person doing my return was like blind and couldn’t type and she said that they are being made to test people in branch this year. The whole point of them doing the refund advance is because they are being lobbied to catch fraud. Which is annoying because who actually knows until the person is audited by the IRS which means they could be doing this to innocent people.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    I don’t like it. It’s invasive in an already invasive process.

Either way I feel your pain! Hold it out

• #4153641
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Shwa
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      @yupitsshwa

Same Here!

Filed 1/7
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Accepted 1/12
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      1 bar, TT152
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      NE State Accepted 1/24
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Cycle Code 20160505 (last year this gave me a DDD of 2/10 (when I received my funds, and yes, I’m aware of the new law)

Yesterday I used my old address to access returns for 2016 and they weren’t available. This morning, both were available for delivery using my new address. Based on the same things happening over the years, it’s time for the hard part- waiting lol.

Speaking of the new law, in the forums we have a long time user of IGMR who had filed early, and got their returns online which showed a 2/13 Processing date, but WMR shows a DDD of 1/29. This person claimed HOH, and EIC only. Just thought I’d add that for further debate/discussion.

*I am in the process of calling the IRS now to ask why it’s showing people processing dates in advance. I’ll keep you all updated shortly.

• #4153640
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Frank

I’m also in the same boat as you, I know my refund is processed and approved. I was able to order both transcripts since the 24th. The day after I was able to order my transcripts. WMR changed to the PATH act paragraph.

So I’m 90% certain that if you go from 1 bar on WMR to the PATH act. That means your return is processed. Now if there were any problems with your taxes. WMR would notify you to call or show a different tax Topic then 152.

Any one else agree with this theory?

• #4153635
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        AM88

@geminij

You would just put the 945, they are talking about only your address numbers, nothing included in the street name itself.

• #4153634
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          AM88

Isn’t it though? During any other year, I would be ecstatic, knowing my DDD would be given any day and I would have it soon! This year though, it feels as if something is being taken from me. I worked hard and paid my taxes all year, only to get screwed into a longer wait. Look, I understand the principle behind it and wanting to prevent fraud..

and I could understand for people who normally file a paper return that are now suddenly electronic, or for people who normally file after 2/1 now filing early, or for people who have switched jobs frequently, or have had fraud issues before..

But, I have filed 6 years in a row with the same job, with my pin number, with ID verification on return, with TurboTax every year and I always file early electronically, etc. etc… So, idk, I know I feel this way because I just want my money back. I am not going to go under or struggle without it, I have a good job but I also have a wife and 3 kids living on one income and it is the nicest time of the year, when for a few months, we don’t have to live paycheck to paycheck..

It would be different if I knew it wasn’t even processed, sitting in a que somewhere, waiting… But knowing that it is done and processed and I just have to sit and wait for 3 more weeks AT LEAST, is REALLY FRUSTRATING. X-(

• #4153630
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Lovethem

Just the 945

• #4153627
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              geminij

can i ask you guys a question.. When I call in for my transcripts and it says to put the numbers from my street address would i put ..for example (945 18th street) do i put 945 18 or do i just put 945

• #4153621
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Amber
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @amchelem

I filed the 19th, accepted the 23rd. I wasn’t able to order transcripts yesterday but just tried and was able to. I have EIC.

• #4153620
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Whyyyyy

Same here, this sucks

• #4153612
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    shawn

Yep I’m in the same boat accepted on 1/13 and able to order both transcripts today. I have EIC and ACTC ugh its freaking frustrating.

Viewing 110 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.