"We have received your tax return and it is being processed".

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season "We have received your tax return and it is being processed".

• This topic has 34 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Spooky.
  • Topic Starter
    matthew

I have been on the “your tax return is still being processed” msg for weeks, i wake up this morning to “we have recieved your tax return and it is being processed” what’s the diff ?

filed 1/17 accpted same day been no bars since feb2nd

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Spooky

@Sheletha: now your in the 30-60 day processing window, providing they can’t find anything else wrong to stall you with. People have lost their apartments and cars over this crap. Colledge student? Get on your local Congressman or Congresswoman and Social media and complain! Only way next year won’t be as bad if not worse!

Sheletha Deason

I have been waiting since feb 2 2018 (date Accepted) on April 2nd 2018 ( ID verification) i am under review and last week i called the IRS and a nice lady sent a request to release funds but status is still the same I am A first yr college student and I really need my money. I am beyond pissed. I need some answers ASAP

WMRstalker

Well, I am happy to report Micah was right!!! I also received my DDD of 5/23 just now. So happy the long wait is over!

redacted B

I verified my identity on May 7th. My WMR is still showing the same message of “Still being processed”. I wish you all the best of luck as mine clearly hasn’t changed.

WMRstalker

Hoping Micah R prediction hols true for me as well… hehehehe will update you all tomorrow

WMRstalker

Hello all.
                    Here’s my story: mailed paper tax 3/2/18, wmr updated with 1 bar no codes amount still shown a week later. Stayed there until 3/20 bar disappeared. Called just to see what I would be told. IRS rep stated no problem standard processing but had me to do ID verification anyway. I have had ID stolen, someone filed taxes using my ssn a few years ago. I didnt know it until I received a letter from IRs stating I now would have to use a PIN that they send yearly. I made sure to add that pin to each paper I mailed in to IRS.
                    Anyway, IRS rep told me it would be 8 weeks before I would hear anything and not to call back until after those 8 weeks. So I contined checking WMR religiously and same message STILL BEING PROCESSED refund dated will post when available blah blah blah… I called back 5/14- 6 weeks later and the gentleman told me the issue was my filing status changed so that held it up and to wait 6 more weeks. He assured me the issue was settled said computer kicked it out and had to be manually done but all was corrected and clear Ugh. Well, 5/18 my status went from still being processed to we have received your taxes and it is BEING processed, amount still showing no tax codes and I have never received aletter. Im hoping that I get a DDD with the next major update. Any thoughts? Good luck to everyone

Luis C.

I have previous ID theft on my IRS account so keep that in mind. Nonetheless, I want to share how mine progressed.

I filed by paper, even though they claim slower processing, it appeared on my WMR within 2 weeks from mailing. About a week after that, the bars were gone and were replaced by the “still being processed” with TT 152.

After about two weeks the TT 152 message went away and my refund amount reappeared, about a half week later on a Wed., it changed to “tax refund received and is being processed”. Then 2 days later on Sat. I got the DDD set for 4 days later. In total it was shy off 6 weeks, right on schedule for paper filing.

Hope this helps some see how the progression of messages may work.

Ishmael barajas

Guys it’s called Patience if your refund status says your return is still being processes a refund date will be provided when available it means you have to verify id.
                        Call Irs and tell them it’s been over 3 weeks and no update then he or she will look into your account and see that you have been sent out a 4883c letter in 2 weeks you will receive that letter call the number from the letter and give them inform nation on your last year’s return and current return and then your refund will be processed

Hazel

I meant mines lol…. Someone help

Hazel

I stated that it being processed …. It it because of my identity theft

efilerookie

Hi, something told me to google my refund status and I came across this site lol. I was wondering if anybody could give me an insight on what might be going on with my refund.
                              This is actually my first year filing a tax return. I filed it myself It was accepted on 01/22/2018 and my status bar disappeared and said “Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available.” on 02/03/2018. It remained that way until Friday, 02/23/2018 and it changed to “We have received your tax return and it is being processed.” And it still says the same thing now cuz I just checked again lol -_- Mind you, I called during the week to check on the status because I thought maybe I made a mistake but they told me that there were no errors and mine is just taking longer to process. I read about transcripts and various letters on other threads. No verification letters were sent out to me. I can’t view my transcript online since I don’t have a credit card or mortgage. Anybody in the same boat or had the same messages can share when their status updated and how long they had to wait? I’m counting on this money to help with these ridiculous first year college expenses :(((.

quay719

I’m glad to hear about the DDDs. However, I didnt update lol. I will be calling.

Terri

I despise autocorrect. DDD of 2/28, not DVD. How embarrassing!

CLEVELAND ROCKS

Filed 2/3
                                    Accepted 2/4
                                    WMR changed to the processing message with refund amount and tt152 on 2/18
                                    2/24 woke up to DDD 2/28

matthew

Micah you rascal! You were right i got DD 2/28

Bellee
                                        @bellee

Micah was right 👀

Bellee
                                          @bellee

Matthew have you updated?

I woke up and checked I have a DDD 2/28

I hope you do as well

NetraF
                                            @netraf

There have been so many differences posted between the messages:

“We have received your return and it’s being processed”

and

“We have received your return and it’s still processing. A refund date will be provided when available. TT 152”.

They are not the same.

I’ve noticed people with the first message (like myself) have been told:
                                            1) Do nothing, it is still processing.
                                            2) Transcript code 570
                                            3) Wage Verification
                                            4) Re-sequenced

People with the second message have been told:
                                            1) Do nothing, it is still processing.
                                            2) Various letter sent. (review, ID verify, etc.)
                                            3) Re-sequenced call back after the 28th.
                                            4) A letter will be sent.

Either way…. the IRS needs to do better with their lies, excuses, delays, etc… This is frustrating for sooooo many people.

Tammy

If you filed over 21 days ago and wmr is saying still processing or you can’t check on your status most likely you are under additional review . I’m in this situation as of now and was told to wait at least 45 days before it’s complete. I called a tax advocate to find out why my return was on hold and she said my income on my return didn’t match what they have . I was told to fax a 1040x so now I’m waiting to see what’s next. My return was accepted on 1/23

Chelsea

same for me. Filed and accepted 2/5 and have been sitting at “your tax return is still being processed” this morning i have changed to “we have received your tax return and it is being processed”

hoping for a return the 26th or 27th. Turbo tax gave me an estimated date of the 27th Im just hoping there was no hold up…..

NY state tax did go through with a DD date of 2/27, BUT they did say that my refund amount was changed and to expect a letter in the mail regarding why…..

Shesjuswaitin

I’m more then stressed for right now. I have been picked for a random review that could last up to 45 days?!? Got a transcript last week which was blank but talking to rep today he stated this one isn’t so is there a chance it could tell me something different then the IRS rep are? I also was asked questions about my W-2 like taxes withheld and all that along with parents info could this be because of identity verification? I just need some answers!

Bellee
                                                    @bellee

Well you’re right about that, but we have to keep the hope also ❤️❤️

I’ll keep everyone updated tonight, we shall see good news Matthew 💁🏽‍♀️

matthew

Hope is the only road we can travel Bellee

Bellee
                                                        @bellee

So do you think after updating last night, that we can update again tomorrow morning also? 🤞🤞

quay719

I have the same message. I will be sure to update what my wmr says tomorrow since updates should happen tonight. I am a little stressed about this.

Shesjuswaitin

Same message no update still from when it updated last Saturday with still being processed and refund when available!

Tonya

filed 2/4
                                                              accepted 2/4
                                                              bars gone
                                                              and the new message

of you return is still being processed still lists my ss and amount of refund to the left just all bars gone.

Bellee
                                                                @bellee

Same thing happened to me this morning @matthew

I was on still processing for 3 weeks until I ID verified this week, and I woke up to being processed this morning

matthew

Thank you i hope so

Micah Rudolph

That means tomorrow you will have a direct deposit date @Matthew

Shortcake

Updated I guess over night early morning
                                                                      Filed 2/4 accepted 2/4 I was on one bar with message until this early morning then change to still processing message

tuff1430
                                                                        @tuff1430

No bars here… Same message :-(

• #4230782
                                                                          Terri

I am going out on a limb here to say everyone may have a different experience from mine, but maybe this might help someone. I filed and was accepted 2/7. I went from the PATH message to “We received your return and it is STILL being processed” last Saturday. Then it changed the wording this week to “We received your return an “It is being processed” The “STILL” was gone. Woke up today to approved with a DVD of 2/28. I had EITC and the first year of changing to head of household and reporting alimony.

My guess is the change in the wording may possibly indicate movement towards approval.

• #4229963
                                                                          Scottie

Is your bars back

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                        • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.