Waited all this time since Jan and got a AUDIT t letter yesterday

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Waited all this time since Jan and got a AUDIT t letter yesterday

• Topic Starter
    Jeannine

Anyone else get a audit letter in the mail ??? Now I just wonder how long I’ll have to wait ??????

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Craig
          @frustratedinmo

@redacted B I got ID verify first then a letter saying do nothing followed by a letter requesting proof of dependence, proof of income, and proof of head of household.

Jeannine

I called think I did the identy thing then got two review letters saying wait 60 days for each .. did same things as always .. called was told to wait nothing wrong then got he audit letter which I now can’t find my daughter in law passed away plus I’m in the middle of surgery on my back and neck … I have been trying to reach some one anyone at the IRS to see if they can resend my letter since idk where to send it or fax my info too … I believe it’s just a stall tactic but it is what it is.. can’t seem to fight it tho

redacted B

Craig, what steps did they have you do? Did you have to verify your identity first or get a CP05 letter first or did they just immediately send you an audit notification?

Spookyrides

@Craig yup’ God Forbid anyone that starts a small business in this shitty economic climate can make a buck! We actually started our own business last year, lost a bunch of $$$, And yet they are Still, Five months later, sitting on $$$ we need to support the very business we poured our life savings into! My advice to anyone trying to better themselves, is Don’t! It’s simply not possible to even dream of a small business. They will crush your dreams big time fast, Five months and counting, and no closer to a solution as to what the hold up is then we were in February. What a complete joke of a tax season this has been!

Craig
                  @frustratedinmo

@redacted B I had to show proof of EIC, Head of household, and wages. Wages because I am self employed. first year of self employment too.

redacted B

What information do they request for an audit? Praise Jesus I’ve never been audited! Although, I guess every single return is audited eventually.

Craig
                      @frustratedinmo

I got mine in April and turned all requested paperwork in in May. still waiting. got a letter saying they would be done with review by October 26. I hope you have better luck.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.