The 1/28 Club?

• Creator

Anyone else here file and get accepted yesterday? I can’t be the only one. No DDD as of yet, but I’m hoping for one soon. I have one bar on WMR, and Topic 152 immediately popped up, so my fingers are crossed. Any thoughts as to when you guys think we’ll get ours?

The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 254 total)
  • Author

Still nothing…

Ryan M

I too filed with form 1095 and still haven’t recieved anything. I filed 1/30 not exactly 1/28 but pretty close. The past three years it has taken forever for me to get my refund. I’m guessing I’m in the same boat and probably recieved a letter asking to fax form 1095. I don’t even call because I’ve learned they usually feed you some bs. You just pretty much have to give up checking on the status and forget about it for a couple days. That’s the only way that keeps me from going crazy lol. Good luck

update.. called back yesterday.. Was told that since I had surpassed day 40 that thye could now tell me the truth… wtf… She said 1 out of every 5 returns with 1095 forms were being held for review. And if you didnt have the official form as opposed to the info being entered by your tax preparer then your return was sent to the reject room. But they have been informed not to do anything with those returns until the 40 day mark. Then they will send out a letter instructing you what to send in and where to send it too. She said until that point you are stuck in limbo. She told me all they needed is a copy of the original 1095 form faxed to them and that it would be up to two weeks before I see a change in the wheres my refund. She said not to bother to call to see if they recieved the fax because they wont tell you ( that part really annoys me and seems really fishy) and then she said and don’t bother calling back for 4 weeks because worst case scenario is it might take them that much longer. grrrrrr I will tell you this.. I might be able to put off calling for a week or two but I’m not giving them another month with no checking up on them!

still waiting.. ive called three times technically 4 .. I tried for a ta but was told no. Anyway still no answers just keep waiting. I’m getting highly annoyed at least send a letter or something! geez this is getting old.

I got my state but no federal after over a month.

3 hours trying to dial in, finally got through to an IRS rep…

Apparently, because I moved and there were “address changes” between the last time i filed and this time, they suspected identity theft/fraud… so they decided to send a letter to the address that I no longer live at to verify my identity, and when they got no response assumed that identity theft was indeed the problem.

During the call i answered about 25-30 questions to verify my identity, and apparently now they will send a letter via snail mail to my new apartment which holds the instructions to help me finalize that I certainly am myself so I may finally have access to my stupid refund.

CALL THEM DILIGENTLY… many of you may not know that their phone lines are open until 7pm… i started calling in around 4:30pm… make sure you hit the right numbers to get to a rep… Have your previous years tax info & weird random stuff like your mother’s maiden name/ your last 10 addresses/etc/ etc

@Jen J

Glad to hear you got movement. Just checked transcripts….blank n/a still. WMR is saying it is currently unavailable and to try again later…. Horraay

Jen J

Good news for me and hopefully everyone else who filed/accepted January 28th….

My WMR FINALLY updated just now…..I filed January 26th….Accepted January 28th…February 5th I was pulled for a “Random ID Fraud Review”….I was told not to expect anything until at least March 19th…so I freaked out, but remained patient….

Last night my status changed and my bars came back. About an hour ago my DDD appeared with a date of March 4th, but I expect it March 2nd as last year it was two to three days early because I use NetSpend.

Hopefully everyone else gets good news from the overnight update!

We seem to be in the same boat .. Filed with HRblock on the 28th and accepted same night. Feb 13th we had two bars but no deposit date. The 15th we had no bars just the still processing message. no codes. I called IRS and got through, Was told it was a complex system error that the returns were kicked out of the system and returned to it on the 1st of Feb. To call back on the 21st. So on the 21st I called back and was told same story but to call back if we didnt have it by the 1st as they is a backlog of returns and they are trying to get through them I suggested maybe they would make headway if they did those first instead of proccessing the newer returns first. He said the irs doesnt work that way. Now that its almost the first I try calling and each time I am put on hold for 30 minutes or so and them a message comes accross the line.. basically sorry too many calls goodbye and it hangs up. I am so not happy right now!

I filed on 1/28 but i’m not really sure when i was accepted. Got my state refund back on 2/24 but it’s day 30 and still no federal. Called this IRS this morning and managed to get thru to someone after about 40 mins. 10 mins later the rep tells me to call back in 6-8 weeks starting from 2/06??? I’m a little confused. Anybody else having this problem?

Day 30….nothing as well. Right there with you champ. Was hoping the 1/28 club would be all done for the year by now…

Update for the 1/28 club:

HRB sent email around 1am last night notifying they were in receipt of my RAC.
    It hit my bank (BB&T) as an ACH deposit around 5am. My DDD was 2/25. They flag approvals on Fridays to send out funds on Tuesday & your bank can hold the funds if they want but I would read up on your banks policies for the account type you may have to see what the individual stipulations are.

My WMR bars still say Approved & almost always update LATE ( 1 x weekly on Wednesday night after deposits hit that morning apparently )

Don’t let the anticipation consume you. I waited about 28 days for my taxes this year [all the while being unemployed]…..better than the 2.5 months last year due to Education Credit glitch.

Good Luck until next year.

Day 28…still nothing.

Oh yeah and filed MFJ. Husband lost bars 1/31 and I lost bars 2/15.

So update:
    Filed and Accepted 1/27
    Tried to access transcripts 2/12- told to call IPSU.
    Called IPSU and was told that even if I did have an identity flag on my account they cannot open my account until the 21st day.
    Called back on 2/17- was told that it actually is the 22nd day.
    Called back on 2/18- was told that they have until the 22nd business day.
    Lost my ish. Went into local IRS office on 2/20 at noon and was faced with a sign that said, “Sorry due to a high number of tax payers seeking services we can only assist those who already have a number.” And they weren’t giving out anymore numbers.
    Been playing phone tag with local Tax Advocate office and finally got a hold of them today. Given a case and case number. Was warned that usually it’s 75 days from first contact (2/12) and even if they step in it’s HIGHLY UNLIKELY I will have a return within 3 weeks even with them pushing my return through.

I am a squid of anger.

My return is in the same situation. I had to call a tax advocate and was told she will do her best that the irs has a glitch in their system and not enough people. so without her help I would be looking at 6 to 8 weeks otherwise at least two weeks…… I filed 1/29 and 1 bar…

Howdy all. I filed and was accpted on 1/21. Just got off phone with IRS. My return was not actually processed til 2/3. They stated I had a fraud flag on my account which was not true. After answering many questions…verifying past returns..and rep researching…stated it will be sent to another department for processing AGAIN. It is now released but who would have thought all this BS. Has to be a system glitch…I have read many others in same situation. So I would suggest that if you have not yet received return to call them. Number I used was 8008290582…ext 652. She could not truly explain to me why I was stated had to be the new system being faulty. Oh well…atleast I can now expect it within 21 days again…lol. Hope this helps all :)

Has anyone been able to speak with someone live? Filed and accepted on 1/28 and WMR is still showing its being processed with no bars

I finally got my WMR bars back today & my refund was Approved! I also had an updated adjustment to my initial refund amount. I have determined via my series of events that I in fact lost those bars as a result of being under manual review due to an anomaly found within my tax return considering I know exactly what they adjusted numerically. I never spoke to anyone at the IRS nor did I receive a letter. In my case no news was good news even with the slight adjustment to my expected refund amount.
    I have a DDD of 2/25 which delayed my expected DDD of 2/18 by 1 week.

Help me out i am a 1/28 filer and i have not got my refund and i lost my bars on 02/14 with
    tax topic 152 i check the WMR today and it say my refund has been approved but is being mailed? Why is my tax refund being mailed and not direct deposited??

I’m in the same boat with everyone else. I filed TT and it was accepted on 2/9. The first time I checked WMR, I was at 1 bar, now there’s nothing but the 152 message. It’s only been 11 days for me, but for the past several years, my refund has come in 8 days or less. Here’s a tip I read on the TT forum: If you e-filed with TT, then your filing fees will come out of this bank in CA. You can type in the same info needed for the WMR and see if your fees have been processed yet. If not, then the refund isn’t immediately on the way.

Hope this helps. I checked and nothing so far. Good luck, all!

Nope, nothing…WMR still no bars, with topic 152 and refund amount shown. Transcripts are the same 570 with 3/2/2015 next to it. I am thinking that a batch of filers from 1/26-1/30 were all flagged. Maybe something to do with TT fraud? I’m in FL so I don’t have a state return just Federal.

With all the chatter about being under review I am half expecting a letter in the mail.
    Nothing to date yet. Just a lot of NOTHING & confusion.
    I am not sure who I am suppose to call in to considering the automated systems ruling the phone lines.
    My 21st day was yesterday & no dice yet.
    I have no idea if my return is really being processed but my HRBlock is telling me nothing.
    Does anyone have a number to get in touch with an actual person? I should be able to get some info according to the 21 day wait period blah blah blah.

I actually just got off of the phone with the IRS.. basically i was told that my return didnt make it thru the ‘fraud-identity theft phase” so now my return is under review. This process can take up to 6-8 weeks. Supposedly they cant see or tell me anything else until April 2nd. Although my return was accepted Jan 28th…my six weeks did not begin until Feb 5th. Im hoping that it doesnt take anywhere near 6-8weeks.

Okay so last night I checked my WMR and now I have lost my bars like most of us in the same boat. Still shows my refund amount on the side. And SBBT still shows they are awaiting my refund. Transcripts still blank. Only ‘account’ and ‘wages’ available.

Anything new with your side?

Did you get your refund today buddy? Its weird that we are on the same little timeline and I still can’t see anything on my transcripts and you can. Keep me updated!

@Cassandra Arango

Is accurate is that date for those of us who have been confirmed to be “under review”? March 15th sucks lol. But it is what it is I guess.

Cassandra Arango

You was one of the lucky one who is having a manual review and the date to send those refunds March 15th

i would also love a number to call. I can only seem to find the automated crap

Can you please give me the number that you called. I am calling the number from the fraud protection..and really not getting anywhere with them. Thank you

I called IRS yesterday and the agent told me that some of us who filed 1/28/15 didn’t get actually receipt in not until 2/4/15 or later. I guess Turbo Tax sends in a bunch and sends them to IRS but not necessarily receipt in to their system. My understanding was that usually when there was a delayed in receipt, you would not see the WMR and it would just say your tax refund is still being processed… The 21 days starts from the actual date the IRS receipt it in. In my case, mine was receipt in 2/4. The DDD has nothing to do with the cycle code. The funds will be processed and released but they can’t tell when because it is computerized. If transcript already showed means that the was the date of receipt and transcript will be updated once process is complete. I assume mine would have an update by Friday with DDD by next week.

Ok, I’m confused…

So I got letter 4464C 0 today…kinda freaked out about it but after reading some more posts I am a bit lost. The 4464C is dated 2/6/2015, the day after I was able to first access my transcripts (which 2 out of 4 were N/A blank, no return filed etc etc). Since that day I have been unable due to technical issues access my transcripts until today 2/18/2015. My transcripts give me a cycle code of 20150605 but I still have 570 listed. The only codes I have on my transcripts are 150, 806, 768 and 570.

Would I have a 971code as well?

Here is a time table

1/28 filed/accepted via TT, one bar WMR
    2/5 accessed transcripts for the first time 2 out of 4 n/a blank no return filed
    2/14 lost bars on WMR, still have topic 152 and refund amount
    2/18 able to finally access transcripts again, received letter 4464C dated 2/6/2015

Could I have been under review and they reviewed my return by now and have given me a cycle code? If so I am supposedly a DDD of 2/19/2015 (tomorrow).

I was finally able to call in (today is my 21st day) I was told by some witch that my refund still has not been processed and that it was in the “posting” department which means they have up to 8 weeks from Feb 9th to process my refund. She never allowed me to ask questions like what is the “posting” department or if my return was accepted Jan 28th why did it take almost 2 weeks to get to another department. FML I still havent received a letter from the IRS and im just as lost as I was before I spoke with the witch today

UPDATE #2

Got the dreaded “thorough review” letter…yayy.

Filed & Accepted 1/28
    Requested transcript 2/13
    Lost WMR bars 2/14
    Nothing but ‘Still processing’ since then.
    No mailed transcript arrival yet
    No update via HR Block
    No refund yet.

I had lost bars on WMR over the weekend…still am missing bars, I have topic 152 and my refund amount is showing. After weeks of not accessing my transcripts I was able to access them. I am able to see three of four. Also I finally have a cycle code of 20150605 (2/19/2015)…but I don’t have 846…just 570.

Filed via TT 1/28 and accepted same date
    Blank transcripts on 2/5/2015
    Lost bars on WMR on 2/14/2015
    Able to access transcripts 2/18/2015

Ginger G

How did you get in contact with the IRS or a TA? I filled and got accepted on 01/28 and all my WMR says is “Your tax return is still being processed, a refund date will be issued when available.” My refund amount is still showing up on the left side though. Im really anxious and I just want to know whats going. Any information would be much appreciated right now.

I contacted a TA and did verification of identity.. She’s sending it in today! Still have no bars or info on what’s happening.. Would love an update!

@Gene Taxpayer
    How long does the review usually take

Gene Taxpayer

When your bars disappear it usually means you have been subjected to a manual review by a person rather than computer. They system found an anomaly within your return.

spicy My bars are gone as well i hope that means good things. Filed on 01/28

I am hoping that the bars disappeared and a DDD will come shortly after losing bars. I still have topic 152 and my refund amount.

my WRM had one bar at one time stating that my return had been accepted. As of now I have no bars and it said “return being processed” in italicized words. My refund is displayed on the side of the screen however. I have been checking my mail daily waiting on a letter of some kind to tell me something. I am not able to download my transcripts…I keep getting directed to the fraud department. I called and learnd that someone attempted to file a return for me in 2011. No refund was issued so now I have to file that return again. I was told that this had nothing to do with my current return being held up ( I filed for the last 2 years without any problems) I pray that on Wednesday I get some good news. I had a trip scheduled to the Domincan Republic the first week of March and it’s looking like I have to reschedule it.

I got the letter on Wednesday 2/11/15. The letterhead shows a date of 2/6/15 so I’m assuming that’s when it was issued you know? I have also been told this letter may be used in reference to an identy verification. I’ve also been told that a lot of the early filers who were resequenced or stuck in the ‘glitch’ had these notices sent generically and don’t necessarily represent the current reason for the delay, if any… None of what I’ve been told can be verified yet of course. Its all hearsay at this point, which only makes this even more aggravating.

How’s your WMR looking? Are you able to view transcripts yet? I can see 2 of 4 but when I download them there is no actual data available besides a ‘AS OF 2-23-15’ date. I have a HR Block right next to my home so i popped in and asked about being under review and a gentelman told me that if i was under review WMR would be blank or have no bars and would not be displaying your refund amount. So I honestly don’t know what to believe or think at this point since I can’t confirm anything anyone has told me.

Have you heard any rumors or anything that might help? I haven’t checked WMR or my transcripts today. I’ll check them in a little bit and if anything has changed I’ll post back. I also haven’t actually contacted the IRS just yet. I plan on calling on the 18th(21st day). Hope we arent waiting til May or later for a refund.

Thank you soo much…one last question (I hope) do you remember when you received the letter? I spoke with someone who said that because of some new “identity protection” b.s my refund is on hold and for up to an additional 8 weeks.
    I’m wondering if this is the same thing that you’re talking about

The letter is actually very vague. Basically says ive been picked for a thorough review and states if I haven’t received my refund or if I haven’t been contacted by the IRS in 60 days, I then may call them. Also states that I personally am not required to do anything at this time.

This year has been a headache. First time I’ve ever received a letter or had my refund delayed in anyway. Not sure why me lol. I file single, only one job all year, no deductions, nothing at all but my w2 info. Easy as can be.
    Hope this helps.

The letter is actually very vague. Basically says ive been picked for a thorough review and states if I haven’t received my refund or if I haven’t been contacted by the IRS in 60 days, I then may call them. Also states that I personally am not required to do anything at this time.

This year has been a headache. First time I’ve ever received a letter or had my refund delayed in anyway. Not sure why me lol. I file single, only one job all year, no deductions, nothing at all but my w2 info. Easy as can be.

Hope this helps.

@toasty what exactly is the 4464C letter..

.I am still waiting on some sort of answer…WMR hasn’t had bars up for the last week and no one will tell me anything until my 21 days are up which will be Wednesday.

I know I’ve heard from some people that those who filed on 1/28 got caught up in some glitch…

I’m just overly pissed off

I filed & was accepted on 1/28 — WMR bars stayed on ‘Accepted’ w/ Tax Topic 152 without any movement or updates until last night. I woke this morning to find my WMR bars gone w/ no Tax Topic, all it said was it was being processed & a refund date would be provided when available. I did call 2/13 & order my transcript via mail b/c I cannot view electronic due to ID theft protection I have on my SS#. I also called & checked the ‘offset’ hotline to be sure. Nothing happening at this time but will update accordingly. I hope we have some good news after the holiday.

I filled and was accepted 1/28. I got the 4464c letter and they date on it said 2/6/15.

When you said you hope what you read it true. What exactly were you referring to. Hoping this is just a generic letter sent out.

Only update I got last night was losing bars on WMR…still have 152 and can see my refund amount…hoping what I’ve been reading is true that a DDD will come very shortly.

I filed on 1-28-15 and woke up this morning with a DDD of 2-19-15

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 254 total)

The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.