Test Batch

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Test Batch

• This topic has 86 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Rachel.
  • Topic Starter
    Michigangr
      @michigangr

When does it end?

Viewing 85 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Rachel

@Sue, I filed 1/13 and also was accepted in the test batch. I have not gotten mine either. Ordered my transcripts and had that 570 code with a date of 3/5 next to it. Gave a processing date of 2/26. No idea what any of that means.

Sue

I filed on January 19 and was part of test batch as well. I received 4883C letter and replied to it two weeks ago. I spoke with IRS last week by phone to follow up and the computer system still has my return pending/ waiting to be processed. It has been three months, no DDD or further info from IRS at this point :-/. Has anyone in the test batch actually received thier refund?

Marie

I sent the information for my Ltr 12 c now two weeks later my account transcripts has code 810 Refund Freezef. Is that typical of letter ltr or am I being audited?

Trista
                @trista

@Marie

I am so sorry! Again, I’ll admit to avoiding the forum a bit in order to avoid DDD envy.

Ok, your letter 0012C signifies the need for additional information before processing your return: that can mean missing forms or documentation, along with a couple other things:

“We need additional information from you to process your tax return.
                We are sending you this letter because we need more information to complete the processing of your individual income tax return. This information can include:

Missing forms or schedules to support your entries on Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ
                Verification of income, withholding, and credit amounts
                Documentation to reconcile advance payments of the Premium Tax Credit (PTC). Please refer to PTC page for more information about letters regarding advance payments of the PTC.”

Also, as far as delays:
                “…If you’re entitled to a refund, we’ll send it about 6-8 weeks from the time we receive your response.”

So, it does appear as though something additional was required, either because it was missing from your original return paperwork, or they needed to verify something specific. Audit? I would say no, but I would also say that I haven’t personally experienced the audit procedure.

Send what was requested by the most convenient method (fax, email, or postal mail), and then be patient. Set your expectations appropriately for the delay.
                GOOD LUCK!

lance

nobody with eic or actc has gotten a ddd or refund yet and wont until atleast the 15th. anyone claiming to is mistaken the credits they actually claimed

Kaycee Messmer I

Has anyone with EITC AND/OR ACTC credits ACTUALLY received their refunds yet? I see some ppl saying they have a DDD, just curious if they got the money!

Marie

I just received and LTR 12c asking for W2 , 1099r to help support line 64. I sent the information I had but what if they need note will they contact me again or just file without it? Also is this an audit? I’m a little unnerved should I be afraid?This never happened to me before. I don’t know what to expect.

Marie

Trista,
                        I was accepted in the test batch on January17, 2018 and since then I have not received my refund. It has been 16 of the 21 days and I am still on the one acceptance bar with the code 152 and message of you should receive your taxes within 21 days if it is accurate. I went on my IRS transcription page and the 2017 is u set my wage and income transcript and the account transcript booths have the message the message on it is blank below with “No record of return filled.” The account transcript does not have any of my account numbers. I am concern but more frustrated as others I have received their taxes and mine seems to be forgotten.What is happening? My refund is always processed by the 16th day. Nothing has been done to my return and I feel it is forgotten. Does that happen? What is your opinion of all of this happening in my return?

Trista
                          @trista

@Dan
                          So sorry for the delayed response! I’ve been avoiding the site a bit to tamp down my DDD envy. ;-)
                          To directly answer your question, Dan, in the literal legal sense, no one claiming EIC or ACTC will see movement on their refund before mid-February. That’s the party line, anyway. HOWEVER, I really think you could see an early deposit. Here’s why:

Just from the patterns I’m personally noticing in my research, it seems that those from the Test Batch** with EIC only** (meaning no ACTC) are seeing earlier DDD dates already (1/29 and 1/31, so far). However, it appears those with ACTC or an offset are seeing varying messages (Topic 203 or the PATH act notification message).

My thoughts are – if you have consistently filed for & received EIC in past years, and got into the early test batch this year, you may have the optimistic chance of actually getting an earlier deposit into your account! This is only the second year with the PATH delays active, so we’re all kind of feeling it out as we go.

As for those with the PATH message, I don’t have any guesses there. Maybe because I’m in that group & am trying not to blow a bubble big enough to burst. But also maybe because the ACTC involves a PEOPLE factor…as in you’re claiming other short humans on your return. Which may involve more caution or research for the IRS.

For those with offsets (again, not including those with ACTC), I can see them getting closer to their predicted DDD, with maybe a couple of days (to a week’s) delay. That right there is straight up optimism, though. No basis of fact for that one, folks.

That’s just my personal rundown and assessment I’ve put together by reading every tax refund webpage and forum I can get my grubby fingers onto. If optimism won’t hurt you financially, I say be hopeful.

Now…back to avoiding the internet. My green-eyed internal monster is starting to notice those January DDDs…

STL2ATL

I always check SBTPG before WMR after my refund as been accepted. But now I am confused. So here is my situation..

Attempted to file 1/11 like I do every year, but forms were not available
                            Filed 1/19
                            Accepted 1/22
                            WMR one bar 1/22
                            WMR still on one bar as of today 1/28
                            Filed with TT stated I have EIC and CTC not sure on ACTC
                            Fees paid through SBTPG

Ordered both transcripts on 1/26 by mail…

— My husband said he heard hear in ATL on the Rickey Smiley morning show, it was a lady on there answering questions regarding taxes and she stated those that was affected by the PATH last year should not be affected this year…especially if using the same dependents as the prior year. NOT SURE OF THE LEGITIMACY

Like @jerrica I noticed each discussion she posted she have a DDD for 1/31 with EIC. Others have stated they went to seeing the PATH message. Do anyone have any idea as to me not seeing anymore movement? I don’t have a DDD or PATH just the same ole one bar. When may I see an update to my situation?

@jerrica
                            I am hoping you come back with good news on Wednesday.

Dan

@trista i have eic and have a ddd. Will i still have to wait as expected or will i get it as said on wmr and irs2go?

SM
                                @mamabear127

I filed my return on January 24th, both state and federal were accepted the 25th. I already have deposit dates for both federal and state. Federal due to be deposited January 31st, and state within 15 days of the 25th. I’m assuming I must have been a part of the test batch since I received deposit dated before tax season officially begins.

DJ

I just got banned from fb page just for asking question about an advance. I always file TT I should have gone elsewhere if i wanted an advance now I know. I was accused of trolling though I don’t understand why you would ban me for asking a quesiton?

To reply to the actual thread is there a way to confirm you are in a test batch?

Trista

@Kim

Important Tax Filing Dates & Refund Dates
                                    When can I file my tax return? The first day to officially file your 2017 tax return is January 29, 2018. However, many tax software programs will allow you to complete your return and “file” it before that date. They will then hold the returns until the IRS begins accepting them. Some taxpayers who submit their electronic tax return early may be able to participate in the IRS HUB Testing program. This is a controlled testing of the tax return system. The IRS processes a small percentage of tax returns from major software providers to test the tax return submission process and allow for fixing bugs before opening the doors to all taxpayers.

From http://figuide.com/2018-irs-tax-refund-schedule-2017-tax-year-when-will-i-receive-my-tax-refund.html

Trista

@Kim (from the FiGuide website):

“When can I file my tax return? The first day to officially file your 2017 tax return is January 29, 2018. However, many tax software programs will allow you to complete your return and “file” it before that date. They will then hold the returns until the IRS begins accepting them. Some taxpayers who submit their electronic tax return early may be able to participate in the IRS HUB Testing program. This is a controlled testing of the tax return system. The IRS processes a small percentage of tax returns from major software providers to test the tax return submission process and allow for fixing bugs before opening the doors to all taxpayers.”

Trista

@Kim Generally speakin, early-accepted status (this year, accepted before January 29th) means you are part of the IRS HUB Testing program. Your revenue won’t be impacted if you have EIC or ACTC deductions; by law, those are held for security reasons.
                                        “Important Tax Filing Dates & Refund Dates
                                        When can I file my tax return? The first day to officially file your 2017 tax return is January 29, 2018. However, many tax software programs will allow you to complete your return and “file” it before that date. They will then hold the returns until the IRS begins accepting them. Some taxpayers who submit their electronic tax return early may be able to participate in the IRS HUB Testing program. This is a controlled testing of the tax return system. The IRS processes a small percentage of tax returns from major software providers to test the tax return submission process and allow for fixing bugs before opening the doors to all taxpayers.”
                                        http://figuide.com/2018-irs-tax-refund-schedule-2017-tax-year-when-will-i-receive-my-tax-refund.html

Also, the “accepted” status is basically just confirmation that your return was sent to and received by the IRS. Like a government delivery receipt. The info will be reviewed.
                                        During the review process, they look for math errors on your return and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

Jeanee Williams-smith

I filed on January 4th 2018 got accepted on January 5 2018 checked today received path act message check back mid to late february

Jerrica

@T You’ll need to check your account transcript for an offset code. I am showing the Topic 203 as well on WMR but my transcript did not show an offset code, and I have a defaulted student loan. I called the TOP line and it didn’t give me an amount, just told me to call the agency with my loan. So I did, they didn’t have info about an offset either.
                                            You can go online to view transcripts instead of waiting for them in the mail, it’s going to be the quickest way to find out if yours are being offset.
                                            I’m still wondering if they can somehow change the transcript on me. 😬 I have a DDD though for Wednesday. I’ll let you know what happens with mine.

Trista
                                              @trista

WMR will only reflect the amount from your returns. It cannot take offsets into account.

T

@Trista yes it’s my defaulted student loan. But my question is some people have gotten their refunds still even with this happening. Shouldn’t wmr change/reduce my refund amount?

Trista
                                                  @trista

@T Dept of Edu is usually college or student loan related. Do you have any unpaid?

Guillermo
                                                    @mito

2 bars today confirming DDD Jan 31st.
                                                    Filed 22
                                                    Accepted 23
                                                    HR block

T

@Trista I called that number and it says i have one offset for dept of education, and that it MAY be offset. They say nothing about the amount still with my ddd issued. According to wmr I’m still getting my full refund.

Trista
                                                        @trista

@T Somewhere there (if you click on the Tax topic link, I think)you should find a number you can call to get more info on the reason & amount of the offset. It’s an automated system, so you should be able to call today.

T

Tax top 203, which is a offset. Ddd of this Wednesday, it still shows my full refund. Is it being withheld or should I expect my deposit on the DDD?

IT SAYS it MAY be offset, I can’t find anywhere saying it’s taking it all. Still shows my full refund to be deposited on wmr just with tax topic 203. From my understanding once the irs approves the refund it’ll usually change your refund amount on wmr no?

Taxsha

I just looked back since 2013 my ddd have been on a different day of the week. Does that mean I’m a daily?

Guillermo
                                                              @mito

Filed 1/22
                                                              Accepted 1/23
                                                              Still one bar
                                                              But transcript says “846 refund issued 1/31/2018

consuela P

filed 1/21 though TT with the free edition,got accepted the 22nd on our federal and the 25th on our state.Have one bar on WMR site and no EIC no ACTC just the regular child tax credit with two children same job same kids for 3 years now I believe we are part of the test batch set.With that said does that mean we will be getting our income tax on the 29th? with the early people or will we be waiting longer?Also we got our taxes last year on a thursday so are we daily or weekly?

420too

@Michigangr(15) Thanks!

Michigangr
                                                                    @michigangr

@420too that means they are processing they update throughout the date from my experience they are usually update around 2pm for mine personally but i seen people update as late as 9pm

420too

Was able to see account transcripts today but no info showing – page is not completely blank but there are no numbers or dates. Is this a good sign?

TM

So I was able to order my RETURN transcripts online for this tax season. But no DDD on WMR yet. Is this a good sign?

• #4199484
                                                                        Nick

Filed 1/23 with TT
                                                                          Accepted 1/23
                                                                          Second bar today with DDD of 1/30

Good luck everyone else….

• #4199480
                                                                          lb47
                                                                            @lb47

I just checked my tax account. I can order my transcripts, I have ACTC, nothing else. My refund is not approved, but I have a processing date on my transcripts of 2-12-2018. I DO
                                                                            have an offset from an amended return from last year. on all of my transcript accounts i.e., record of account, tax account, return transcript, and account transcript, THEY ALL have an as of date of 2-12-2018. Hope this helps.

• #4199477
                                                                            Marie

I got accepted on 1/17 but am frustrated because I have not gotten my DDD and others accepted after me have received this date. My transcripts have not been updated.

• #4199445
                                                                              Jibbbjawww78

Accepted 1/22 TT
                                                                                Cycle Date 20180405
                                                                                DDD 1/31/2018
                                                                                Still 1 bar on WMR, but transcripts available this morning. I did have an offset. Best wishes everyone!

• #4199436
                                                                                psychosic
                                                                                  @psychosic6

<DDD 01/30/18

• #4199413
                                                                                  Harley

@jade because the IRS is already updating to the second bar for some people. It clearly says refund date of 1/29/2018.

• #4199411
                                                                                    Jade
                                                                                      @smhppl

Just curious if the IRS doesn’t start processing returns until the 29Th why do some of you believe you will receive DD on the 29Th??? Be realistic ppl.

• #4199395
                                                                                      Rick

After twenty calls to both H&R Block and IRS finally got message today that my return has been received by IRS, one bar on WMR. HOORAY! Thanks from the IT person at H&R today who went the extra mile after speaking with me. At this point it is unimportant when refund is issued at least my return is accepted.

Guess I need to have more faith in the system!

• #4199161
                                                                                        Jerrica

@Cory Do you have EIC or ACTC?

• #4199146
                                                                                          Cory

Filed on the 19th accepted a few hours later. Wasn’t able to order transcripts on 1/23 but today 1/24 was able too. Shows refund issued date for 1/29. We will see.

• #4199115
                                                                                            Kim

@dandi

It looked like I could order my transcripts for 2017. I didn’t actually order them but they had the year available as an option. I didn’t want to jinx anything … ha ha ha … I’m hoping that I’ll have my DD next week when they officially open on the 29th. I filed on the 19th and was accepted on the 22nd. As of yesterday morning 1 bar on WMR and still 1 bar today. I’ve got my fingers and toes crossed that WMR will update over the weekend and I’ll have my DD next week. :)

• #4199014
                                                                                              Dandi
                                                                                                @dandi

I filed 1/19/2018 when my form was finally available, got accepted the next day and can order all transcripts today (did not check before today). Still showing only 1 bar.

My account transcript says refund issued 1-29-2018…same thing happened last year, I got my refund the day the IRS officially opened. Crossing fingers that happens again this year!!

1040A, Head of Household, CTC but no EIC or ACTC.

• #4198937
                                                                                                Kaycee Messmer I

Forgot to mention, I filed 1/19, accepted 1/19 in test, WMR shows 1 bar, EITC and ACTC.

Was in test last year as well but didn’t get my refund until early March, hoping for a better DDD this yr.

• #4198935
                                                                                                  DebbieT

RiRi – Did you mean ‘approved’ instead of ‘accepted’?? I’ve never heard of anyone getting their DDD three days after being ‘accepted’. But three days is appropriate after being ‘approved.’

• #4198933
                                                                                                    Kaycee Messmer I

Rick, you can call HR Block headquarters and get a refund since we they screwed up!

• #4198929
                                                                                                      Kaycee Messmer

I was able to order 2017 transcripts, both account and refund a few days ago, before my taxes were accepted by the IRS. I’m checking daily for 2018, but nothing yet. Does anyone see the option for 2018 transcripts yet?

• #4198909
                                                                                                        RiRi

Anyone else ever have super fast turnaround on their DDD? For the last four years, my refund has come in three days after being accepted. I was part of the test batch so should I expect that again, or will I have to wait to see a refund after the official opening day?

• #4198792
                                                                                                          Michigangr
                                                                                                            @michigangr

Sorry for typos. No one is able to order 2018 transcripts yet. No one no matter what is impossible

• #4198790
                                                                                                            Michigangr
                                                                                                              @michigangr

No o dis able to order 2018 transcripts yet.

• #4198788
                                                                                                              Candice

I filed with HR Block on the 20 got accepted today and just now was able to order both the account and return transcripts and I filed with 2 dependents

• #4198785
                                                                                                                Mdlr

Filed through TurboTax on 1/20/18, was accepted today, I was able to order my 2017 transcripts does that mean I’m good to go?

• #4198744
                                                                                                                  Marie

So with the extension that means refunds will be issued in the meantime?

• #4198732
                                                                                                                    Kim

As of this morning wmr shows received with one bar with the standard link to 152 refund information. Fingers crossed for a smooth refund process and dd.

• #4198697
                                                                                                                      Trista
                                                                                                                        @trista

@Marie: There is a bit of a question mark about refunds being issued, but the general consensus is that the automated processing of returns will continue, but the issuing of refunds will not happen during the shutdown.

I also gather that delayed refunds will largely depend on how soon the shutdown ends relative to January 29th (official open date for returns).

• #4198693
                                                                                                                        Marie

During the shutdown will refunds be issued? Will they even be processed at all. My WMR is still showing 21 days message with acceptance. Will IRS abide by this or take a little longer?

• #4198685
                                                                                                                          Rick

So got an e-mail from H&R block that my tax return was sent through test batch, but H&R had not revised the medical portion of Schedule A so now my refund is rejected, but no not according to H&R Block it is still pending????????? I have not been accepted by IRS and won’t be as form is incorrrect (why did it change from when I paid for it?) Of course, now I’ll end up having to mail it and go through a lot of trouble and H&R charged me a fortune to file a simple 1040 with a schedule A that should have been free to boot. Any suggestions?

• #4198670
                                                                                                                            Rtbartonie

Sorry additional info I filed with H&R Block.

• #4198668
                                                                                                                              Rtbartonie

I filed 1/17/18 ,was accepted, 1/18/18 and I have one bar, with topic 152. No path act note yet. Filed with EIC, and school credits.

• #4198666
                                                                                                                                barbara

I e-filed with TurboTax on Jan 18 and was accepted on the 19th. Showing 1 bar on WMR. I am hoping to have my refund by the 26th. Will keep you posted. (NO EIC or ACTC).

• #4198616
                                                                                                                                  Tina

Filed with taxslayer on 1/13 submitted to IRS on 1/17 and IRS accepted on 1/18 WMR shows one bar with tax topic 152. Just me and my husband, no dependents, no EIC or child tax credit or education credits. Last year were were sequenced :/ I am a weekly. So. .. let the wait begin. Good luck all.

• #4198610
                                                                                                                                    cheryl e kendrick

I filed yesterday but not accepted yet, so not everybody is, have been a test batch every year I can remember so this could be a first, wonder if its due to the shut down?

• #4198588
                                                                                                                                      lb47
                                                                                                                                        @lb47

I just checked WMR and I am on one bar. We have the ACTC, nothing else. I’m thinking that it will be at least February 15th or later before we see refunds with either ACTC or EIC. last year, I got my refund around that time. Everybody else got there’s around February 5th without the child tax credit delays.

• #4198586
                                                                                                                                        KMD1
                                                                                                                                          @kmd1

Filed 1/15 Accepted 1/19 Probably got in Test Batch this year. EIC will most likely hold me up in this process. Now Government is Shutdown again too. We need to really elect people that will stand up for us !!!

Good Luck all.

• #4198576
                                                                                                                                          Roni

Filed Jan 14. Accepted today. NO EIC or ACTC

• #4198572
                                                                                                                                            JAbs

Has everyone who has filed been accepted? I finished filling today and was accepted thirty minutes later and have one bar.

• #4198559
                                                                                                                                              Trista
                                                                                                                                                @trista

To those who asked, the Test Batch group are just e-filed returns that are classified as “Accepted” prior to the official IRS Return opening date (this year, it’s January 29th). So, if you’re accepted, you’re probably in the HUB Testing program. (It’s a way for the IRS to test the software in the electronic submission process, and resolve any bugs.)

For those with EIC (Earned Income Credit) or ACTC (Additional Child Tax Credits), the refunds themselves are held, due a law that went into effect last year. This year, they have estimated that EIC and ACTC filers will first start to see statuses change on Where’s My Refund around February 18th. Refunds may start to roll out around February 27th (although a few of us got them days earlier last year).

• #4198554
                                                                                                                                                cheryl e kendrick
                                                                                                                                                  @cherlyq63

so last year they started releasing the refunds for eic on the 15th of Feb and i got mine on 2/22
                                                                                                                                                  I was part of early test last year so I do not think so

• #4198544
                                                                                                                                                  Clubbin’ Gnomes

Does anyone know (it is possible the answer is somewhere else in another string…but I like this group), if it’s possible to get into the TEST batch (and refund early) WITH claiming EITC?

• #4198542
                                                                                                                                                    Melissa

Filed w the Block. E filed and irs accepted on the 17th EIC and ACTC. Not expecting anything until probably late Feb. This holding crap sucks up until last yr i generally got my refund the first week of Feb now its late Feb

• #4198538
                                                                                                                                                      Kim

Filed through TurboTax today. Says accepted. Also says won’t be approved until late January. How do you know ow if you are in the test batch?

• #4198536
                                                                                                                                                        Mac
                                                                                                                                                          @rpm508

Hey guys, I e-filed last night via TaxSlayer around 8PM (1/18/2018) and the IRS accepted my return today 1/19/2018. WMR on the IRS website is currently showing 1 bar! I filed Single and don’t qualify for either EIC or ACT so technically I should see my return within 21 days. I will keep y’all posted. Good luck to the rest of you!

• #4198534
                                                                                                                                                          Trista

First, really happy to find a friendly, well-informed group of folks having a conversation. 🙂

Filed on the 18th (Turbo Tax); accepted this morning (19th); EIC and ACTC. No frills or itemization, here.

They had the same delays last year, & I think I was in the test batch then, too. Filing and acceptance dates were nearly identical(January 17th and 18th, 2017, respectively). Ultimately got my refund deposited to my account on Feb 22nd last year. WMR updated status 3 days before actual deposit.

• #4198532
                                                                                                                                                            lb47
                                                                                                                                                              @lb47

Filed today, accepted today, TT. We have ACTC.

• #4198530
                                                                                                                                                              Lainy
                                                                                                                                                                @lainy

Sent mine in last night and was accepted this morning. EIC & CTC

• #4198523
                                                                                                                                                                Theresa P

I was just accepted today. I have EIC. Wonder if the test includes early DD

• #4198522
                                                                                                                                                                  Michigangr
                                                                                                                                                                    @michigangr

@maryd I just got accepted and I have eic and act

• #4198520
                                                                                                                                                                    MaryD

Does this test batch also include those getting EIC?

• #4198515
                                                                                                                                                                      Admin
                                                                                                                                                                      jemar707
                                                                                                                                                                        @jemar707

@holly: the way I understand it is that the “21 days” clock won’t officially start until the 29th.

• #4198513
                                                                                                                                                                        Holly

Mine was sent to the IRS on the 17th and Accepted on the 18th when HR Block said the 29th. It said my refund should be issued within 21 days. Does being in this Test Batch mean that we are still with everyone else and it will not get processed till the 29th, or will it be earlier?

• #4198511
                                                                                                                                                                          Jessica

Im kinda curious about the test batch too

• #4198509
                                                                                                                                                                            Admin
                                                                                                                                                                            jemar707
                                                                                                                                                                              @jemar707

I think I just read it closes on 24th on home page. Or maybe was that you that said it? Lol

• #4198506
                                                                                                                                                                              Admin
                                                                                                                                                                              jemar707
                                                                                                                                                                                @jemar707

@Juan: Some returns are selected to be submitted early before the IRS officially opens on the 29th.

• #4198504
                                                                                                                                                                                Michigangr
                                                                                                                                                                                  @michigangr

when the irs is testing their systems, people usually get Accepted before :opening” day

• #4198502
                                                                                                                                                                                  Juan

What exactly is a test batch

Viewing 85 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.