Taxpayer Advocate Service Case Criteria

Home Forums Archives Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) & Other Help Taxpayer Advocate Service Case Criteria

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Ashley Linton.
  • Topic Starter
    Admin
    IGMR Admin
      @igmr-admin

As an independent organization within the IRS, TAS helps taxpayers resolve problems with the IRS and recommends changes to prevent future problems. TAS fulfills its statutory mission by working with taxpayers to resolve problems with the IRS. TAS case acceptance criteria fall into four main categories:

1. Economic Burden
      2. Systemic Burden
      3. Best Interest of the Taxpayer
      4. Public Policy

You can read more in our post about the Taxpayer Advocate Service

Or ask a question in our live discussion at igotmyrefund.com

Learn more about TAS Case Criteria by visiting: https://www.irs.gov/irm/part13/irm_13-001-007

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Ashley Linton

Still waiting on LAST YEARS refund. Transcript shows cycle date as 20180905 and a credit. The last code is 570 additional account action pending. Recently lost my job, single mom of two, no child support or government assistance, also support physically disable mother and mentally disabled brother. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Serena

I filed an was accepted 1/28. It is passed my 21 days and still no refund. My water has been shut off and my electricity will be off tomorrow if I do not pay. I was depending on my refund to pay my bills. I have a 3 and 4 year old and I really need my electricity and water. Could you please help

Chiara Agudelo

My refund was offset and my kids and I are facing eviction

GiveMeMyDamnMoney
                @givememydamnmoney

I meet the criteria and was approved but they are so busy I waited on hold for 6 hours and got booted off the hold system after 2 hour waits THREE times. I still haven’t connected with an advocate and my situation is so dire that I’m going to lose my car and get evicted. If anyone is hoping a Tax Advocate will make it faster…not likely since they are impossible to even talk to.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) & Other Help’ is closed to new topics and replies.