So…is this really going to take 6-8 weeks?

Home Forums Archives Under Review So…is this really going to take 6-8 weeks?

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by kay.
  • Topic Starter
    kay

Got the dreaded letter this morning. Doesn’t say I am under audit but my a**hat employer apparently did not send the IRS my W2 or 1099 (I was a contractor so I didn’t care which one) – regardless, I reported the income and what he withheld and they are asking for those docs. They want a response in 20 days and I’ve already loaded the docs I need and I am going to run to UPS now. I live in California and the letter is addressed to somewhere in California, so they will receive it this week.

But this explains why the bars went away on WMR. There is no “audit” word and they said there is no need to turn in an amended return. It doesn’t say it’s under review on WMR but clearly if they are requesting additional information it is under some sort of review.

…has this happened to anyone else (extra info needed) and did it take 6 weeks?
      I want to cry because I planned to use the money to get my car out of impound(the car I was living in, no less) and so all that hope is gone. I have a job but I am a contractor so pay isn’t regular.
      Thank you IRS for using antequated systems and keeping the money I let you hold interest free.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
      Replies
        kay

this is miserable
          filed my state today, hopefully they are a bit more expedient but I won’t hold my breath.

Paris

Yes going through it right now

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • The forum ‘Under Review’ is closed to new topics and replies.