Refund taken back after pnc called to verify my refund check

Home Forums Archives Under Review Refund taken back after pnc called to verify my refund check

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by rg1257.
  • Topic Starter
    Michael
      @ihatepnc

My wife deposited her check on 3/9 and the check cleared on 3/12. We went to get 2 bank checks and the manager of the PNC branch refused to give them to her and said they funds are available but not cleared so I went and started yelling and she said come back Monday. We went back and she still would not give us the money and then yesterday afternoon she told us that the IRS froze the funds and wants the check back. We called the IRS today and after searching they did request the check back and are verifying the withholdings. I’m not sure what that means??? The refund was 252k because of quite a few gambling wins that taxes had been withheld. Any advice?? Tax advocate said they can’t help…talked to 2 people at IRS and could not even get the reason the asked for it back. Advocates told us it was to check withholdings. PLEASE ANY IRS CONTACT NUMBERS OR ADVICE THAT MAY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED. This money was to expand our business and if we can’t get it by April 1 we will lose everything.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        rg1257

guess my man shouldnt have been gambling… sounds like you were trying to steal 252k of our taxpayer dollars. this is probably why its so hard for us to get our refunds these days

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • The forum ‘Under Review’ is closed to new topics and replies.