Refund Rejected for IP Pin??

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Refund Rejected for IP Pin??

• This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Nikolio29.
  • Topic Starter
    Kristen1983
      @kristen1983

My return was rejected because they said I didn’t enter my IP pin..however I don’t know what this is…and dont have one. I tried to retrieve one online and it wants me to enter a credit card, home or car loan account number…but I don’t have any of that. I dont have credit cards and the only loans I have are student loans. I have never had an IP pin before…anyone know what this is and why I would be rejected for it???

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Nikolio29

Does anyone know how long the process is to validate a paper return mailed on (2/11) from not having my IP Pin?

I got my first bar finally (3/2) after 2 1/2 weeks from mailing my return.

I just want to have peace of mind with an educated estimated time frame, if possible that is..
          Thank you an God bless

taxprohelpdesk132

If you cant get ip pin number you have to file a paper return and it will take about 7-9 weeks from the day irs receives it to get your refund.

Nikki
              @nlua

Every time I try to retrieve my ip pin online it says technical difficulty and I have tried entering my old address multiple different ways and even tried my new one since I had called the IRS and let them know I never got the letter and that I have moved twice since then and gave them my new address but still says technical difficulty or technical error. I am hoping it’s just a problem with the site but if not does anyone know how long it takes to process and receive a paper return? Also, since it was rejected from TaxAct/IRS due to the ip pin can I just print out the return I did on TaxAct and attach my w-2’s with it and just mail it out? Please help, I have been out of work for a month due to cervical cancer and really need this asap to pay my bills and get my kids clothes and shoes until I can go back to work!

6foot5slim
                @6ft5slim

Great congrats @Kristen1983

Kristen1983
                  @kristen1983

Woohoo…one bar!

Kristen1983
                    @kristen1983

I did indeed have the letter at home! Entered the IP pin they sent me and bam…returns accepted…thank goodness

Kristen1983
                      @kristen1983

Hmmmm…. Ill have to check my mail bin..thankfully I don’t throw anything away-I did have an identity theft situation last year-I didnt think anyone had stolen my identity, but i had to call and answer a series of questions etc to prove I was who I was…I bet I have a letter from the IRS at home.

Shmeka

I had a IP Pin due to someone trying to file fraudulent tax return , but here is the issue i was not notified until last year of this problem from the IRS rep when i called inquiring why it was taking so long get my refund I filed my return in Jan. and did not get return until End of March last week to be exact anyway this year the IRS sent a letter to me in Dec with the IP PIN on it you may have to call and wait,wait,wait,wait to speak to someone and find out what can be done. Hope this helps!

Kristen1983
                          @kristen1983

Thanks for the response! I’m just curious why I was never told to give one before? I thought it was weird that this year I had too….does everyone have to do this now?

6foot5slim
                            @6ft5slim

It’s a identity pin that you will need to file your tax return. It is added protection to make sure no one can fraudulently file on your behalf. Without it you will have to mail in your return.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.