Question about SSA

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Question about SSA

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jomaa.
  • Topic Starter
    Nikesha
      @nikesha

If SSA has not updated the income for 2017, does that automatically mean return not processed? I read somewhere that it can take up to 6 months for wages to be updated, which will not affect your refund. Is this true?

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Jomaa

My regular wages show up but I’m also self employed and that’s when I know because it shows my combined income

Jomaa

I filed and was accepted 1/24 my info updated on ssa last week

Cantwait

@jooma when did you file?

Nikesha
                @nikesha

Thank you. I will check in the morning. Hopefully I’ll get good news.

negasonic teenage warhead

Nikesha in my experience being self employed once the irs approves your income they report it to ssa. I always see my income added right before the path act message changes to a ddd. Maybe the do it in some kind of order and they just havent gotten to your yet check it tomorrow morning or saturday.

Nikesha
                    @nikesha

Yes Im self employed, my husband works married filing jointly

negasonic teenage warhead

Nikesha are you self employed?

Jomaa

In my opinion not true because for the past 5 years I knew my return was processed by looking at my ssa account and seeing my wages and once again this years my wages in total
                        Showed up about a week ago hope this helps @nikesha

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.