Question About Refund With Error

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Question About Refund With Error

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by LadyV.
  • Topic Starter
    NY315

I filed and got accepted 1/23. On WMR, my bars disappeared and displayed the PATH message sometime around 2/10. On 2/16 it switched to “We have received your refund and it’s being processed” and has been there since then.

I did get a 1099-MISC for $918 after I filed that I had forgotten about. I’m assuming I’m under review and will get rejected, but TurboTax advised me not to amend or supercede my existing return until the IRS makes a decision on what I’ve already filed. Otherwise my refund contained 3x W-2s and a 1099-G totaling just under $15,000 with no dependents

What do you guys think the chances are that my $1525 (with $300 EITC) refund will be approved? Is there a chance I just got resquenced and will get a DDD this weekend? I cannot access my transcript, but I have not received any mailings.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        LadyV

The IRS has no clue of your missing 1099. They don’t start to get employers w-2, 1099 reports until after the tax season which is why people end up getting audited later in the year.

angeleyes67
            @angeleyes67

When you check where’s my refund did you have any codes at the bottom like you normally have topic 152? You are probably not going to get rejected or reviewed just wait until the update again to see what is going on with your refund status.

Bfbf

Well I don’t think it was accident cause you knew you wouldn’t get eic with over 15k in income so u purposely forgot that last 1099 . I’m sure that’s how the irs views it too

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.