Path vs Offset

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Path vs Offset

• This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tay.
  • Topic Starter
    Luckymissrose

Hello! So, here’s the breakdown:
      1/26 filed TT, EIC, CTC
      1/29 Accepted
      2/3 Updated to Path

My husband has an offset on the offset line, but we updated to Path and still tax topic 152, not he 203 offset code. Wouldn’t the offset supersede the Path? Maybe we are lucky and they aren’t offsetting. I felt like last year, once the Path updated, you were done processing and just waiting for DD?

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Tay

If you’re expecting an offset but are unsure when will you for sure know either way?

Star

Had an offset last year of close to 2000$ still got my refund in 8 days after I was accepted I had filed with JH but never again. This year no offset and it’s been a long 15 days. Smh bars disappeared last week same generic path message. 2 days ago the site was saying my info didn’t match and yesterday back to same path message. You would think that EIC and ACTC would get theirs first becuz we have obligations. But I guess we have to wait since we created more tax payers. The way it goes in my head anyways *sigh*

Luckymissrose

@Cici From all the research I’ve done, it appears that it doesn’t. I’ve followed all the silly theories; ie my income is on SSA, transcripts are done, etc. I’m hoping my positive research ends on that note! :)

CiCi

Does the offset delay the refund? If so by how long?

Luckymissrose

Perfect! Thanks! It’s the first time for an offset, so I wasn’t sure which was first. :)

Melissa

Mary is correct. Once WMR updates after the 15th with dates, you’ll see the 203 then

Mary

You will not see the 203 offset until you get your DD. Or that is what my past experience.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.