Path message filers update possible

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Path message filers update possible

• This topic has 133 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Dee.
  • Topic Starter
    Thorin-wifey

So for those of us with the path message is it possible for a update this weekend with a refund date???

Viewing 132 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Dee

did anyone with a DDD of 02/22 not get their deposit today?

KNM1

i have ddd of 02.22.18, i called my bank (CHASE) and they said there isn’t any pending deposits. Do you think i will still receive my dd tomorrow?

idainc
              @idainc

Seems some of the path bars arent matching reality. Can any clarevoyant tell me:

Filed 2/10
              Accepted 2/10

One bar only & topic 152 message
              No EIC and simple return
              Every chart I;ve seen is saying it should be DD and available on 2/23 and from what Ove read here maybe earlier ???

Thanks in advance

Jameeme18

Sorry I meant today,Saturday 2/17/18 wmr still showing generic msg with tax topic 152 though refund received yesterday.

Jameeme18

UPDATE YESTERDAY APPROXIMATELY 545pm cst
                  I received text update from net spend I received federal refund. No special credits,no kids.
                  ALSO,my sister filed and accepted 2/2
                  3 kids,received her state last week
                  She received her federal today as well
                  Turbo tax used to file and both using net spend.
                  WMR has generic msg : return being processed. Tt 152 (still showing at this time.) 2/18/18

ORIGINAL MSG:
                  Filed 2/4 accepted 2/6
                  Path msg for a week
                  Updated today 2/16
                  No bars
                  No tax topic 152
                  Refund amt still there
                  My concern is that it says the still says Processing but does NOT say a refund day/direct deposit date will be made when available or whatever the verbiage is….as many seem to be saying. Hoping something changes tomorrow.

Kaykay

@helpful

So the DD was sent to our banks on Friday morning correct.. asking because the bank will say it takes 3 days however if we have a DDD for the 22nd then we should have our money by Tuesday or Wednesday instead of Thursday.

Kalina

Edit to previous post; my DDD is actually 2/22/18! Even better🙌!

Kalina

Filed 2/8, accepted same day… WMR had 1 bar then received path message a few days later
                        2/17, 2 bars now…updated overnight w/ a DDD of 2/27/18! 😊

Chantel

Went from processing to approved ! DDD 2/22/18

Kirkobanz89

I JUST UPDATED FROM THE WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR TAX RETURN AND IT IS BEING PROCESSED MSG TO APPROVED DDD OF 2/22/18 as of 3:10 CT

Jeo

Just got 2 bars ddd 2/22/2018

Jeo

Just got 2 bars ddd 2/22/2018

Sunshine

Filed 1/31/18
                                  EIC
                                  WMR-received to path message to my bars disappearing to the processing message yesterday

Check your bank, credit union, or cards for direct deposit dates.

After reading the comments I truly thought something was wrong with my taxes because I got the processing message with no bars. I checked last night my online account from my credit union

Yes a direct deposit from the IRS for date of 2/22/18

Jeo

Hey helful can u ask your family member that works at the irs if they can check on the status of my return…lol

Quin

1/26 Filed joint return/ 6exemptions/new baby/child tax/eic/education credits
                                      1/27 Accepted
                                      1/29 Path act and tax topic 152 no refund amount
                                      2/14 wmr finally changed from path act to being processed with refund amount showing again
                                      2/15 transcript cycle 20180505 process date of 2/19
                                      2/16 ordered transcript online again YAY! 846 code refund issued with a date of 2/22 just be patient you can check with santa barbara tax products to see if DD was issued to your bank.

Helpful

HELLO EVERYONE I ALSO WENT FROM PATH ACT TO PROCESSING, CHECK MY BANK AND MY MONEY IS IN MY ACCOUNT. CALLED A FAMILY MEMBER WHO WORK FOR IRS. SHE SAID THE PPL WHO GOT PROCESSING THIS MORNING AFTER HAVING PATH ACT MONEY IS SENT SYSTEM JUST HASN’T UPDATED. THIS IS TRUE BECAUSE MY MONEY SHOWING PENDING IN MY BANK ACCOUNT. ONLY THING MY BACK SAID THEY CAN’T RELEASE UNTIL TUESDAY. HOPE THIS HELPS.

hannah

Woke up path message gone. Updated to weve recd your refund and its processing. At 4 pm cst i got my refund. Both eitc and actc. Surprised and happy!! Good luck guys!

S.G

Has anyone who banks with Chase, every have their refund posted before the DDD? Some of my direct deposits have been coming the night prior but this just started in the last few months.

Whitney

I checked this morning and the wmr had updated and my refund amount was showing again and it stated that it was processing with a tax topic 152. I pulled my account transcript and it still just had a processing date of 2/19/18. I just checked a few minutes ago and wmr had changed again to a one line generic, we are processing your return….blah…blah…etc. and still had my refund amount showing. I then went in and pulled my account transcript again and low and behold there was code 846 with a DDD of 2/22/18. It’s weird though because this means that it updated more than once today.

Also, last year my DDD was 2/23 but the deposit was in my account on the 21st; which may have something to do with me banking at a Credit Union. Anyway I am hoping to see it in my account on Tuesday, which will be really nice.

egrigg

@tbay no need to worry. I woke up path gone, no bars or even a code. It’s happened to a lot of people. Look out tomorrow 02/17 for a possible ddd .

Tbay

I Filed my taxes on the 24th and now my path messages has disappeared. Should I be worried?

SERENA

Hi everyone, glad the bad comments are done. Yesterday was crazy about super heros and stuf. Wll, checked my status and it says the same thing. had the path message yesterday and this morning it says processing your return. I have been hearing an update will be tomorrow? I hope that’s true. Fingers crossed!

IRON MAN

I HAVENT WSPOKEN WITH VISION AND CAPITAIN AMERICA, AND THI SAID THOU SHALL RECEIVE UPDATES TOMOOROOW WITH DD DATES OH 02/23. THE BAD GUYS IRS AND THANOS HAVE DECIDED TO HOLD THEM FOR A MAGICAL REASON, TRIPLE DAT BACK

LOKI

LOKIIIIIIIIII HERE

mighty thor

AVNEGERS ASSEMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEE……

Oliviat

Hey @angie I got the same thing you did. The message dissapeared and it said they were processing it.

MissToya

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

This is the link on Irs.gov that shows those with EITC or actc will receive an update

• Where’s My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remains the best way to check the status of a refund. Where’s My Refund? will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC and ACTC refund filers on February 17. These taxpayers will not see a refund date on Where’s My Refund? ‎or through their software packages until then. The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so these taxpayers should not contact or call them about refunds before the end of February.

Hope this helps, I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s update.

Lori

I was worried until I seen my transcripts update 846 dd 2-21-18 all smiles my way

Angie

Update from earlier – I got an updated transcript with a 846 code and refund date of 2/22. Good luck everyone else.

momjess
                                                                    @momjess

Gotbthe transcript Code 846 with ddd 2/22

Funnaymonay

My path disappeared also, but my online transcripts show 846 and refund date of 02/22. So it’s not a bad thing. At least on my end anyway.

Angie

I woke up this morning to my PATH message gone and saying they are processing my taxes. Yesterday I was able to order both my transcripts, but no DDD yet. Anyone get DDD after their PATH message disappeared ??

• #4219771
                                                                        Mrs.Brown

Accepted 1/18. Bars disappeared 3 weeks after. Received path act now path act and it says we have received your return and it is being processed. Anyone else had this happen?

• #4219704
                                                                          Jj

A lot of people have had the same thing happen. They can’t approve the DD yet so they put processing since the 15th has passed.

• #4219700
                                                                            Shermika

I filed 02/02 after 4 days got the path act message now today it went back to saying that we have received your return and it is being processed has anybody have this happen

• #4219606
                                                                              Jj

Just check on my status. Path message is gone and says processing return.

• #4219425
                                                                                Admin
                                                                                Kimikaze
                                                                                  @kimikaze

I want to remind everyone to read How We Moderate Comments (HWMC)

Some excerpts….

Comments that harass, attack individual users, violate rights, laws or any other comment we deem offensive and not in spirit with our goals may, in our sole judgment, or upon request from other users, be removed.

Flaming is anything that is said or done to insult another person. All members are to be treated fairly. If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all.

Off Topic and Niceties. Please keep off topic and niceties to a minimum. Niceties are comments that consist of “OK” and “lol”. While at times some off topic and niceties are OK, please keep in mind these comments will be moderated after at time to reduce feed congestion and make it easier for users to find on topic information.

• #4219347
                                                                                  Jameeme18

Filed Feb 2/4
                                                                                    Accepted 2/6
                                                                                    No kids or
                                                                                    credits , including no education credit
                                                                                    Received id verification quiz today

• #4219245
                                                                                    Anthony

filed 02/02/2018 accepted same day. nothing since..

• #4219171
                                                                                      momjess
                                                                                        @momjess

@mikefromohio

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

The update info is there

• #4219147
                                                                                        MikeFromOhio

I went to irs.gov/refunds and all it says is you wont get a deposit until the 27th if the PATH act applies to you. So I still don’t see this 2/17 update everyone is getting all up in arms about.

• #4219102

@Serena – I’m attempting to help break the cycle of the non-refund/tax talk. PATHers won’t be getting an update until 02/17 :o)

• #4219055
                                                                                          SERENA

hi, wow, I thought this site was for refund info! has anyone seen any movement on the irs wedsite? I have just the path message . I just this weekend we will get an update. last year I got my ddd on the 23 of feb. maybe this year it will be different or the same

• #4219035
                                                                                            Jennifer

@Trish… my thoughts exactly. IRS probably gets off with the people whining. lol

• #4218513
                                                                                              Dynasty

• Where’s My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remains the best way to check the status of a refund. Where’s My Refund? will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC and ACTC refund filers on February 17. These taxpayers will not see a refund date on Where’s My Refund? ‎or through their software packages until then. The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so these taxpayers should not contact or call them about refunds before the end of February. (This is copy and pasted from irs.gov)

• #4218495
                                                                                                Dynasty

If u go to irs.gov. Select Refunds. There It Says most early Eitc and Actc filers will get an update on february 17th, that we will receive no updates until then on WMR or Tax Software packages.

• #4218472
                                                                                                  MikeFromOhio

Where is everyone getting this 2/17 update info? I didn’t see it on the site and last I heard the PATH act forces them to hold it until 2/15 so where is the 2/17 coming from?

Not that I don’t believe it, but I take everything with a grain of sand til I see some proof.

• #4218221
                                                                                                    Dynasty

@Miranda it’s a cycle code very similar to the rest of ours. We should all get an update with a DD on Saturday the 17th.

• #4218204
                                                                                                      Dynasty

@Miranda if it’s 20180504 it’s fine. Its not Just Code 504.

• #4218147
                                                                                                        Miranda

Sorry my code is actually 0504 with a processing date of the 19th so what does that mean

• #4217610
                                                                                                          Kirst
                                                                                                            @skyrimgoddess

Last year, I filed Feb. 22nd and got my refund March 8 from SBTPG or whatever. This year I filed feb. 4 and expect an update sat. Saying around the same time or Feb 24 to 28. I was accepted within minutes last year like I was this year.both years took 13 minutes to accept. This year there is only a 200 increase in my refund due to having another rugrat in may. So here’s to updates by the end of this week.

• #4217531
                                                                                                            KMD1
                                                                                                              @kmd1

Last year I had DD of 2/23 got the message the Saturday before. IRS is saying deposits will be the 27th. But it also says dependent on bank. I am hoping to see a Saturday update this year as well.

We will have to wait and see.

• #4217491
                                                                                                              Sara

I also have the path mssg. These threads help me alot. Although i find that some people are letting the stress of waiting for refunds get to them and taking it out on others. Try not to forget we came together on this site looking for answers or reaching out to give them to those less aware of whats going on. I’m not a saint by any means. I just hate seeing people forgetting whats more important than money.

• #4217081
                                                                                                                Jlm684

I’ve been lurking this board the past 2 years. I have EITC and kids. Just want to say thanks for all the great information and entertainment for the people who think etiquette and manners disappear on the internet.

On another note…can’t wait for the 17th…can’t wait for an update!

• #4217043
                                                                                                                  EddieK

I was accepted on the 26th of January. Have just ACTC and have had no movement at all. Just says it’s processing. I had the PATH message last year but then I updated on Saturday the 18th last year and got a DD on the 22nd. I anticipate this year will be the same with me getting the update on the 17th and a DD of the 21st.

BTW, I have Tax Topic 152 so not concerned over an audit or anything

Thoughts on this? I have read a lot of people who should show PATH are still just processing and last year others had the same.

• #4216543
                                                                                                                    Danielle

Where’s My Refund? ‎on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app will be updated February 17 for the vast majority of early filers who claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit. These taxpayers will not see a refund date on Where’s My Refund? or through their software packages until then

• #4216356
                                                                                                                      Kay eazy

I have the path too and I’m just wondering anyoone have a Dr tonite

• #4216233
                                                                                                                        Magpie

Filed: 1/29
                                                                                                                          Accepted 1/29
                                                                                                                          HR Block

One bar 1/31
                                                                                                                          PATH msg 2/3
                                                                                                                          No updates, Tax Topic 152

EIC/ACTC both claimed. Was able to order transcripts 2/8, haven’t received them yet, but I’m sure they won’t be very helpful at this point.

Any input on when I will update? I’m pretty sure I updated on a Saturday last year (weekly) and received the money 5 days later.

• #4216111
                                                                                                                          lance

Like last year transcripts wont update with any new codes besides the codes you filed until PATH is over

• #4216101
                                                                                                                            momjess
                                                                                                                              @momjess

Since no one has seen an 846 code on trans yet I don’t foresee any path ddd’s tomorrow.

• #4216091
                                                                                                                              lance

Plus you sound like a weekly so look forward to saturday

• #4216084
                                                                                                                                lance

Most likely no

• #4216082
                                                                                                                                  Marie

Tonight possible update? I have path message on 10 th feb …

• #4215661
                                                                                                                                    Aaron

IRS.gov says update will be 17th for us Path Act people. I had one bar from January 30 till 2/09 then it went to the Pat Act Message telling me to wait till mid to late February on 2/10. Remember the IRS does not give out an exact date to anyone because something can happen and they want to cover themselves should something arise with ones return. That’s why it says ”Mid to Late February” If you filed a straight forward error free return you should be good to go and see an update on the 17th. Mine did on the 16th last year right when the IRS said it would and had my money a week later on the 22nd.

• #4215542
                                                                                                                                      Kennedy

So will Saturday if you don’t have the path message yet and u are claiming the credits . Will you update to path or not ? Lol it’s all so confusing . We filed the 6th so we are later than some . But we have the one bar ? No path message yet 😁

• #4215514
                                                                                                                                        Bebe38

It’s all in the wording everybody if you pay attention it says the IRS cannot issue refunds to people claiming EIC or ACTC until mid to late February not that refunds will be processed until mid to late February people who are getting audited or getting letters or having to ID verify that have path message have the tax topic 151 not 152 if you also call the hotline it will tell you that IRS cannot begin issuing refunds until mid to late February if there is nothing wrong with your return hope this helps good luck everyone the wait is almost there

• #4215508
                                                                                                                                          tswan20
                                                                                                                                            @tswan20

Let’s remember Monday the 19th is a bank holiday

• #4215459

@Skittlez – I’m okay dear – was gone for a couple of days and decided to give my mind a break from the refund chaos – refreshed and ready to contribute again!!!!!! Thank you for checking #IGMRunite

• #4215360
                                                                                                                                            Aaron

I filed on 1/30 and accepted on 1/30 My WMR went from 1 bar to no bars just showing the path act message on 2/10 telling me to check back mid to late February for a DD date on 2/10.
                                                                                                                                              I went through this same exact thing last year. After about 7-8 days with 1 bar it went to no bars with just the path act message telling me to wait till after the 15th and sure as the IRS said I got my update on the 16th and my money on the 22nd.

This year you will not see an update until the 17th like IRS.gov says and that is if there are no other complications with your return. A lot if not all people have had there bars go away after 5-8 days of being able to track on WMR. It’s normal. As long as you have the path act message telling you to check back mid to late February you are fine. That message says it all. You are done processing but they wont update WMR for us path act people until the 17th so our WMR is stuck in limbo until then.

My brother filed a simple return with a little 400 refund with earned income and his did the same as mine. Bars went away just path act message and I know his is correct because it was one w2 that took me 5 minutes to enter lol.

• #4213167
                                                                                                                                              Ibtesam riaz

Users can file their taxes online in just a few minutes. Qualified tax support is available, and the software is incredibly easy to use
                                                                                                                                                • Faster
                                                                                                                                                • Easier
                                                                                                                                                • More accurate

https://goo.gl/d31XPc

They take the guesswork out of filling out your taxes! Many people can file in less than 15 minutes, and get their refund as fast as possible!

• #4213160
                                                                                                                                                Jodi

Can anyone help me? I received my transcripts today. They are filled out and i have my cycle code but no processing date. It says 00-00-0000. Even blank transcripts I’ve saw have a processing date at least. Anyone have any ideas about this. Not sure if i should be stressed or not. There’s no other bad codes or anything on it. Filed 1/19 accepted the same day and updated to path within the next week and been there since.

• #4213144
                                                                                                                                                  Skittlez

@rellyohboy I have an emergency; true hardship here so dude I’m trippin lol

• #4213140
                                                                                                                                                    Jenna

That’s right Skittlez! Lol Someone said another update Tues or Wed so I really think we’ll update and maybe have this weekend coming!

• #4213138
                                                                                                                                                      Rellyohboy
                                                                                                                                                        @rellyohboy

Have patience, Stop trippin and wait.

• #4213131
                                                                                                                                                        Skittlez

@Jenna although it seems a bit crazy I’m praying that actually happens since the holiday is in the way. Let’s all pray for that idea. Can’t stop us from hoping right? Lol

• #4213129
                                                                                                                                                          Skittlez

@unicorn kisses. Are u ok??

• #4213082
                                                                                                                                                            Jenna

I totally think so!

• #4213080
                                                                                                                                                              Jenna

I work at a bank and Saturday the 17th the bank will be on the business day of 20th so we could all get dd post on Saturday! That’d be real nice!!!

• #4213051
                                                                                                                                                                Sarah

Filed 1/23/2018 got accepted on the 24 have the Path message. Ordered transcripts have cycle date 20180505. Anyone file around same time and have ddd. Hoping maybe end next week.

• #4213043
                                                                                                                                                                  Jenna

I’m very hopeful!

• #4213038
                                                                                                                                                                    Waiting

Same deal, filed on 1/24, accepted on 1/25. Was stuck on 1 bar without path forever and now no bars and path message.

Glad I’m not the only one, makes me feel better.

• #4213036
                                                                                                                                                                      Dylann Roof

Ashley you are find. If there was a problem it would state that there had been a problem processing your refund or you would receive a letter. That is the generic PATH ACT message.

• #4213032
                                                                                                                                                                        Ashley Lopez

I filed 1/24 got accepted 1/25 after a couple of days of having bars. Now I only have a path message. I’m so worried what if something is wrong or I’m getting audited.

• #4212864

@Ih8Lance – Although @lance contributes to many of the threads (and I personally have had LOTS of interactions w/ him) and sometimes (not ALL times) doesn’t have the most super warm and fuzzy tone – to come on here @Ih8Lance and make the comment you made with the profile name you chose is totally toxic and saddens me. @lance has provided productive information — I’ve commented (kindly) to him – along with others like @Kimikaze suggesting a more gentle approach – and seen him change his tone dramatically.

Please – perhaps consider changing your profile name and not spread that sort of toxic contribution. Nothing in your post relates to refunds/taxes.

• #4212838
                                                                                                                                                                          Skittlez

We will all update by next weekend. I received path til Thursday so I probably won’t update again til next Thursday prayerfully with a of Feb 21

• #4212679
                                                                                                                                                                            Zannah

I see a lot of quipping about when deposits are sent and bank releases. I work for a major bank, so I feel qualified to give some input on this.
                                                                                                                                                                              When a direct deposit is sent, it must go through a process called automated clearing house or ach. This process is designed to ensure that the funds are available before they are deposited into an individual’s account.
                                                                                                                                                                              Ach transactions take 24 hrs to process period, no exceptions. So when the irs sends you a ddd, your deposit is generally sent to the ach 24 to 48 hrs prior to your ddd.
                                                                                                                                                                              Some banks will only release funds when they have cleared the ach system, some because they are federal funds, will release the funds are soon as they can see them pending. That depends on your banks internal policy regarding ach.
                                                                                                                                                                              That is why some people have funds available a day or two before their ddd and some not until the ach has processed. Cards like the emerald card deposit as soon as the get notice of the incoming ach and that is how they deposit your funds “early”.
                                                                                                                                                                              I hope this helps. Please feel free to repost or cut and paste where needed.

• #4212535
                                                                                                                                                                              Smurfette

My queation is what is the path message? What would it say. I have still processing with no bars and tax act 152.

• #4212525
                                                                                                                                                                                Need my money
                                                                                                                                                                                  @bonna

I filed 1/31/18 accepted the same day. I been on 1 bar until this morning 2/10/18 when it updated to the path. Does this mean those of us that have this will get a ddd this week or another update tonight with actually ddd. Just Asking🤔🤔

• #4212334
                                                                                                                                                                                  Milly rock

PATH MESSAGE. I was accepted on 1/26 and i was stuck with one bar until today (saturday feb 10) . now my bar is gone. NOW I have the path message. My refund amount is gone. I also have topic 152. I had both child credits and eic credits.

• #4211930
                                                                                                                                                                                    All Is On

I will just say I received my DD last year on the 22nd. That was the 1st Wednesday after the 15th. Refunds were being deposited on Wednesday’s last year. If the same holds true, we can have our DD by the 21st this year.

• #4211908
                                                                                                                                                                                      Skittlez

Guys when I tell you I read this ENTIRE thread from the beginning and was cracking up!!! My only disagreement is theasy dates of last year. I know 4 people personally who did receive their refunds the week of the 15th. But…none of them were before the 17th.
                                                                                                                                                                                        With that I, this year has really been moving smoothly than last year and lots more with better outcomes than last year. And everyone knows the ddd is often later than the actual deposit. We just have to wait and see

• #4211876
                                                                                                                                                                                        dysphunktion
                                                                                                                                                                                          @dysphunktion

Damn lance. It seems like you come lurking into every thread looking for some excuse to belittle, berate or otherwise be an ass to someone. Why?

I don’t believe that there are people here actively trying to convince people of various things just to troll them. Not that it can’t happen or that it hasn’t happened here before, I just don’t believe it is happening in the instances you comment on.

Again, why?

I would love to believe you and that you’re crusading against misinformation and protecting your fellow refund seekers from getting their hopes up…bbutttt, nah. There are so many other ways to go about helping keep the facts…the facts. But nope. You choose to talk down to people.

I can’t believe I just wasted whatever energy the above keystrokes cost me…on this.
                                                                                                                                                                                          Shrug.

• #4211780
                                                                                                                                                                                          Admin
                                                                                                                                                                                          Kimikaze
                                                                                                                                                                                            @kimikaze

@lance: Maybe just wording it a bit nicer or not coming off so abrasive may have a little more impact on getting your point across :)

• #4211775
                                                                                                                                                                                            Nikesha
                                                                                                                                                                                              @nikesha

I really dont understand what the issue is. This PATH stuff may be ridiculous, but just think what if someone got a hold to your children’s info, claimed them and there you go the real nightmare starts. Everyone including myself is praying on a ddd tomorrow but realistically I know I wont get an update until next weekend or later. Sadly I believe lance is correct, but just be patient. Im just hoping I dont lose any bars or get the dreaded ID letter. Haven’t heard of anyone getting one yet, last year was nuts!!!

• #4211760

@lance – frankly I probably would have continued defending my stance but soon I realized I’d better double check my facts before sharing (what I thought was hopeful news). I also was searching for the WHY — which is why I stayed (and continue to stay) on the forum. I’m glad I listened to those who said it was impossible (though sometimes their words could have been kinder – uh hum -) but regardless – I’m glad I learned!!!

• #4211757
                                                                                                                                                                                              lance

@Unicorn, atleast you admitted you were wrong
                                                                                                                                                                                                I just hate people purposely giving people false hope and lies. We are all anxious to get our money and people like that make it worse when they give people hope to get it early only to come the next updates and see the disappointment

• #4211753
                                                                                                                                                                                                lance

Thanks, people cant read facts straight from the IRS lol. Makes them look even stupider than they already looked after thinking someones at the irs waiting to press a ”release refund” button lmao. Again noone has or will be seeing a refund until 2/15, point blank period.

• #4211749

LOL @Lance…now be nice (although you always make me giggle)…

The logic is (and I have been a victim of naivety myself) that those stating they have received a refund claiming the EIC or ACTC must be mistaken. Not intentionally being vindictive…but remember @Lance, I too was mistaken!

All, I came on here and claimed I had received my refund THIS YEAR on 01/30 and filed WITH the EIC credit (b/c I had the credit last year). After many…including @Lance informed me I HAD to be mistaken, I went back and looked at my return…

Sure enough, LINE 35 shows I qualified for the CTC (but I did not qual for ACTC) and LINE 42a is BLANK! I had to come on here (on like 8 different strings) and apologize.

I know we want to believe that those who have the EIC/ACTC credit are getting but until you look at those TWO lines (and in between for the ACTC) or your friends/family show you…they are mistaken.

I only share this, not to shame or accuse people of lying – but because I WAS WRONG MYSELF and LEARNED

Crossing fingers for ALL!

• #4211742
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Admin
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Kimikaze
                                                                                                                                                                                                    @kimikaze

No one on PATH is going to see their refund prior to 2/15. They will not be sent until the C- Freeze code on the accounts is released.

21.5.6.4.5.1 (12-20-2016)
                                                                                                                                                                                                    C- Freeze – Refund Holds
                                                                                                                                                                                                    The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015 (the PATH Act), was enacted on December 18, 2015. The PATH Act contains several changes to the tax law that affect individuals, families, and businesses, and help safeguard against tax fraud. The PATH Act mandates that the IRS not issue any refund on tax returns claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) until February 15th.
                                                                                                                                                                                                    All current year tax returns that claim EITC and ACTC filed before February 15th, will contain a C- freeze on the account, to hold the refund.
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Prior to February 15th, the refund cannot be released:
                                                                                                                                                                                                    by inputting any type of adjustment to the account
                                                                                                                                                                                                    due to a hardship (hardships will not be considered as long as the C- freeze is on the account). This includes the part of the refund that is not associated with the EITC or ACTC.
                                                                                                                                                                                                    The C- freezes will be systemically released on February 15th. Refer to IRM 21.4.1.4, Refund Inquiry Response Procedures, and IRM 21.4.1.4.2, Return/Refund Located, for additional information.
                                                                                                                                                                                                    https://www.irs.gov/irm/part21/irm_21-005-006r#idm140050723433120

• #4211740
                                                                                                                                                                                                    creolegirl33

@lance – I guess that’s your way of acknowledging you didn’t know what you were talking about. Apology accepted. Lol

• #4211734
                                                                                                                                                                                                      lance

Lol just so you know noone is pressing buttons at the irs, its all automated with computers mostly

• #4211730
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Geishadoll_39

@Thorin-wifey😂😂
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Honestly I couldn’t believe it just by her telling me but seeing is believing…I am a PATHer too an i wish I was so lucky…but this is truly nothing to get upset about….the I.R.S. does what they want to do…so everyone should just relax and just wait until its our turn to receive our money.😊

• #4211725
                                                                                                                                                                                                          creolegirl33

@lance – Can you not do any better than ‘can you read’???.

Do you think that any deposit that is sent is actually sent on THAT day. As if there are people that are waiting until the stroke of midnight to press a button? Your payroll, if direct deposited, is actually sent prior to your payday. There are some non-PATH affected people with a DDD of 2/13 and they have a pending deposit from the IRS in their account RIGHT NOW. So…if the IRS sends an automated clearing house (ACH) deposit with a SETTLEMENT DATE of 2/16, they would actually send that payment to the bank PRIOR TO 2/16. That is the way any ACH payment works. The settlement date being after 2/15 is their being complicit to the law.

And if you were really as passionate about it as your insults try to convey that you are, you would do a little research before making yourself look foolish by arguing FACTS with someone who clearly has more KNOWLEDGE about the process than you do. You are wrong…and you can do absolutely nothing about it. Lol

• #4211705
                                                                                                                                                                                                            lance

Can you honestly not read? The IRS cannot ”release” refunds before feb 15. That means they wont send anything until that date. Doesnt sound like knowledge and logic to me

• #4211697
                                                                                                                                                                                                              creolegirl33

There were definitely some people that received their refund before the 15th last year – that were affected by PATH. The law requires that the refund be held until the 15th. Technically, if the IRS schedules a refund to be deposited on 2/16 (which means that they send the ‘prenote’ to the bank before that date the same way they do any ACH payments), there can be some banks that allow ‘pending’ funds to be in accounts on 2/14 (just the same way that some people get their paychecks earlier). So, technically, BOTH the law could have been followed and some people could be TRUTHFULLY saying that they received their funds prior to 2/15 last year.

See how easy a little knowledge and logic is….

• #4211692
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Amb

@waitingpatiently The 19th is Presidents’ Day , my refund was the same cycle code and same date last year as your filed this year 1/28 accepted 1/29

• #4211683
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  creolegirl33

I see a lot of people with the EITC & ACTC credits hoping to get the PATH message in the next update or PATHers thinking that it’s a sure indication that you’re ahead in the processing queue – as if seeing the PATH message is the only indication that your return is making progress in the process if you’re claiming the credits.

Last year, there were plenty of us that NEVER received the PATH message and still received a DDD (updated WMR on 2/18 for us weeklies) with most of everyone with the PATH message (2/22 & 2/23 for most of us). There were also PATHers that went back to 1 bar and processing before receiving that same DDD.

So for anyone that doesn’t update to the PATH message, I wouldn’t worry about it. I NEVER have and I definitely get the credits and have never gotten my refund any later than those that do see the PATH message. For those with the PATH message, basing on last year, most of you will be getting the same DDD as most everyone else. I am at 1 bar and still processing…and I actually hope I don’t see the PATH message because it hasn’t really meant an earlier deposit in the past. But I hope we all see updates tomorrow.

• #4211673
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Waiting Patiently

Last year code was: 20170405
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      This year: 20180405
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Last year: Refund was released on Feb. 23rd but was deposited on the 20th
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      This year: I’m hoping refund to be released on 22th and deposit into my account on the 19th!!

That’s my theory lol.. But honestly it seems like things are moving fast and smoothly this year. We can all make assumptions on when we will get our money but just be patient!

• #4211660
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      lance

So are you saying some people are exempt from laws? Lol

• #4211653
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Thorin-wifey 😂😂

@Gesishadoll_39 Thank you!!! Exactly what I was saying I’m not going to argue either I just hate when folks try to put everybody In the same boat not everyone is in the same both when it comes to the path process that’s just how it is plan and simple

• #4211648
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Tish

Wow – I thought I was the only one who kinda felt that way!!! What bothers me is the people on here acting like they’re not wishing and hoping that their money would come before the 21 days. I get EIC, but I am still hoping that mine updates in the morning to a DDD of 2/14. If it doesn’t…..OH WELL!! But I’m wishing and hoping until 8:00 in the morning when I check. LOL!!!

• #4211629
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Geishadoll_39

Hi guys…I really wish you all would not argue about this…honestly everyone’s situation is different so no one can say who hasn’t received this or that but I can be honest about one thing…there are people who have filed with both credits and received their refunds…I have a relative who has received hers…yes she filed both credits and she filed on 1/24…I couldn’t believe it myself until I saw her refund check with my own eyes..and no it was not an advance unless tax prepares have begun to give advances over $8,000. Yes I am confused…and yes I know the PATH law but people are getting their refunds…so please don’t take a stand and argue with people. ..

• #4211627
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              angeleyes67
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                @angeleyes67

Thorin-wifey 😂😂 You don’t have to explain anything to any one. You know when you got your refund. I am sick of the bullies on this site acting like they know what is going on in someone’s household.

• #4211623
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                angeleyes67
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @angeleyes67

@Fedupw/allofyou PLEASE tell me how you know if someone is lying or not. You are the only toddler on this thread acting like a damn fool. Get off of this thread if you don’t like what people are saying. I can’t stand people like you that seems to think they know every darn thing. How does it effect your life what people are commenting on about THEIR taxes?

• #4211619
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Thorin-wifey 😂😂

@fedupw/allofyou not to be funny and I can only speak for myself but I did get my refund before Valentine’s day last year so nobody really can say who did or did not receive their refund at a certain time

• #4211606
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Thorin-wifey 😂😂

@fedupwithallofyou actually I can’t speak for anybody else but I did get mines before Valentine’s day last year…

• #4211565
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Fedupw/allofyou

It’s obvious that some of you are flat out lieing on here. Not one soul received a DDD before the 20th last year that had the PATH…. NO ONE WITH THE PATH MESSAGD WILL GET AN UPDATE TOMORROW OR BEFORE THE 15th🤬 you are adults acting like toddlers! How many times do the IRS have to tell you it takes UP TO 21 days to process some returns… The path law is clear! Bite my butt dog gone it!!!

• #4211556
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Tish

Can anybody explain to me what mid-February is?

• #4211493
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Courtney
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            @lexky84

Last year after being on Path I received my refund on 2/17/17
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            It was released on the 15th it just never made it to my American Express card so Jackson Hewitt called me on the afternoon of the 17th and told me they had had my check since the day before and had tried emailing me.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            I was shocked! Because at the time my WMR never even left path message, I didn’t think it would have came that quick but it did! I was still anticipating a WMR update that Friday evening lol! 🤗

It’s not going to be much longer before most have their refunds. And I do believe many will have DD’s for next week. It generally don’t take 10 days to reach bank accounts.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            I do know that I’ll never file early again if knowing I’m going to walk the path. 😔

• #4211485
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            WaitinginTexas

🙄

• #4211484
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              WaitinginTexaa

I filed and got accepted 1/29
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Every year WMR updates Saturdays for me but I’m still not on PATH message. Hoping I’ll update to a DDD tomorrow but realistically probably won’t see that update till the 17th

• #4211434
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Geishadoll_39

@soldier321
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Wow…I know you’re happy but I didn’t know they gave Saturday dds. …I hope I have the same …I filed and was accepted on 1/29

• #4211393
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Soldier321

I had the path message just check and have DDD for 2/17 filled 1/28 accepted 1/29.

• #4211353
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Amb

Was advised weekly updates will start 2/17 praying that is not the case and wake up to a DD tomorrow but having Path as my status , looks like I go to wait. Please update here if you had Path and got or get a deposit date ….I mean really instead of arguing that’s what we all want to know or I know I do. Thank you to all for providing their experience this year.

• #4211335
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Admin
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Kimikaze
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        @kimikaze

No. Those who are held by PATH have a freeze on their account that is set to release starting the 15th. It is called a C- Freeze and is not something that is seen on any transcripts. PATHers will not see any updates to transcripts or WMR until AFTER the 15th.

You can read all about the C- Freeze from the IRS Manual here: https://www.irs.gov/irm/part21/irm_21-005-006r#idm140050723433120

• #4211328
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Belle

I do have a clue, I have a lot…

Don’t get mad at what I’m saying about YOU
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Have a little faith along with other people

I know I won’t get my refund until they’re ready to release my funds but some people here are for advice because they’re in a dilemma, maybe financial dilemmas you’ll never know.

I’m just tired of seeing that PATH law when it never follows because I’ve seen people get their money ON the 17th plenty times they have updated the week before so stop saying the same thing over and over because they get that part DAMN

Btw I’m not being rude, I’m never rude I apologize if I came off that way I’m just giving advice like you are…it just distinguishes from yours is all

• #4211283
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          lance

Dont get mad over the truth Belle, go back and find posts from last year of anyone getting an update before the 15th and show us, otherwise stop talking out of your ass when you have no clue what you’re even saying

• #4211264
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Belle

What people aren’t realizing is that the irs has been saying the same exact thing for 2 years and people have updated the week before the 15th, I’m not saying that they’re liars but it’s just to keep people patient.

I’m sure everyone has seen the law, as people have posted it on here countless times and lance has told everyone the same thing on every thread, he’s an irs agent 👏 👏 👏

• #4211111
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Lance

No, the irs said you won’t see a ddd until the 17th

• #4210935
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Tracey

This the message I received last tax season about the Path Act:
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  IRS will begin releasing EITC and ACTC refunds starting Feb. 15, but cautions taxpayers that these refunds likely will not start arriving in bank accounts or on debit cards until the week of Feb. 27. The IRS wants taxpayers to know it will take additional time for their refunds to be processed and for financial institutions to accept and deposit the refunds to bank accounts. For EITC and ACTC filers, the three-day holiday weekend involving President’s Day may also affect their refund timin

• #4210747
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Sara epps

THIS WAS COPIED FROM IRS WEBSITE! They have already processed your return just can’t issue funds. READ THE EXACT WORDING!

By law, the IRS cannot issue refunds before mid-February for tax returns that claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC). While the IRS will process your return when it is received, it cannot issue related refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards starting on Feb 27, 2018, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with the tax return.

• #4210741
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Dee

Hello,I doubt it,I don’t think an update is gonna happen until after the 15th for others. I’m not expecting an update until the 17th

• #4210738
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Amber

Nope they can’t process them u til after the 15th. The earliest I see a deposit date posting will be the 17th.

Viewing 132 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.