PATH message and refund dates

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season PATH message and refund dates

• This topic has 118 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mikeybeast.
  • Topic Starter
    Mama Hawk

I read somewhere on here that if you have the PATH message they were told of possible refund dates of 2/10 or 2/13. Any truth to that? If so, anyone have a link to that info?

Viewing 117 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        mikeybeast

Hello, filed on Jan 23 and accepted on january 24th. In my account it says it will be sent by feb 23 and if not received by feb 28th. contact them. does it normally come at the end of that window?

JOFRANK81

SBTPG received my check from turbo tax, took out my offset and the fees. my DDD is 2/23/17 and I hope I receive it tomorrow. I believe I only had that one offset -_-

Tiffani

Update ;( still no refund I was hoping it would deposit today Tuesday but nothing my actual ddd is Feb 23rd I’m PRAYING I GET IT !!!

JOFRANK81

anyone get their refund yet???

Tiffani

FILED on February 4th
                  ACCEPTED February 5th
                  On February 19th I got a
                  DDD for February 23rd

Usually posts two days before I’m hoping Tuesday (tomorrow) will have my money
                  I also have the Netspend card from turbo tax

Good luck !!!

JOFRANK81

@mahoganie my best friend has a netspend card and her ddd was the 21st and she got hers on Friday! So maybe youll get yours tomorrow. Being that the banks are closed due to Presidents Day. My DDD is for the 23rd but I bank with Wells Fargo and I hope I get mine tomorrow but I doubt it! Good luck!

mahoganie

I filed on 1/21/17 got accepted 1/23/17 took then yesterday I got a ddd for 2/23/17 no posted deposit yet got netspend do you think they will post it Tuesday

Astrea

My Original post:
                        I had the Path Message until 2/16 where now it only shows as processing. Cycle 20170605
                        I ordered transcripts this morning and they show code 846 with refund issue date 3/6/2017. I’m reading on other forums that the DD date is actually 10 days prior to the 846 date, so 2/24/2017.
                        (IRS still indicates processing as of 2/17, even after transcripts have been ordered)

Update: 2/19 I now have DD date of 2/23.

Matt

Mine finally gave me a dd dad for 23 good luck every one

Vman

My mom got that generic message about a week ago.
                            She filed on January 31 accepted same day with status bar
                            then bout week later path message was there
                            then generic message about processing came up.
                            She has filed the same way for 13 years and she has no change yet.
                            She can’t get online transcript but was able to order by mail. Maybe you guys will be in the next batch on Tuesday overnight.

latrina

I filed my taxes on 1/23/17 and I still do not have a date. Is there anyone out there who I still waiting on a date?

MorganaSkye

I’ve had much the same issue as everyone else. After the 16th I updated to “Your return has been received and is being processed” and no bars. I checked early this morning and it was the same thing until around 9am when it updated for me. I finally have a DDD of the 23rd. I filed on the 19th of January. I’ve been frustrated just as everyone else, and have read quite a few different posts on here, but had a bit of a calm down when reading another post yesterday. A wonderful man who works with the IRS as a data transcriber posted a reply to one of the others who have the same issue we do. It can be found here: https://igotmyrefund.com/forums/topic/path-act-update/

He’s the first comment you see when you view, under the name Aaron. Hopefully it helps some.

Brittany Waterman

Hi I keep getting the same messages over and over when I try to check my refund! I received my state Refund 2/10. My tax guy told me yesterday I was processing but that it had been received and accepted already? Can anyone confirm what this means? Any time I check I get the message saying “that we can not provide any information at this time, please check back in 24 hours”. This has been happening for weeks. If I received my State wouldn’t that mean there should not be a issue with my Federal? Thank you

Cris

I have a direct deposit date of 2/23/2017. :)

Nurse that volunteers as tribute for karma

@Amelia.
                                      Are you seriously going to spew this insane nonsense on a public forum? I do have a question regarding a statement you made…..even though I would rather not hear a single solitary word that could possibly come from your mouth. You state that you have worked your ass off your entire life. I’m guessing by your senseless dribble that you’re all of what….14? Because I have a teenage daughter that says a lot of stupid shit like you do. Anyway…I digress. In my professional medical opinion, I have no doubt that you have a certifiable mental health condition. There are a lot of treatment for that. I strongly urge you to seek professional medical help ASAP. OH……but not from ME. EVER. Because I promise you that I would gladly trade my nursing license for the chance to knock your teeth out of your mouth and give you the ass whooping that you abundantly deserve. You know…..the one that your parents clearly failed to give you. I AM NOT AT ALL SURPRISED THAT YOU ARE SINGLE!!!! God doesn’t make mistakes. He would NEVER allow trash like you to reproduce.

April

I just logged into the WMR and now have a Deposit Date of February 23,2017 .I had the EITC and the Path message .So here’s hoping that it will actually be there.

Igot1000000backcuzilayonmybackhowbowdah

@amelia

Oh.. hunny, didn’t you get the memo? They are delaying tax refunds for self loathing cry babies who don’t get $h!t back for taxes, because didn’t pay $h!t into taxes, because … omg… they don’t make $h!t!!!! Imagine that? They are now making those people, you, take a coarse in common sense, and human compassion. It would benefit you greatly to take advantage since you obviously lack the basic skills to be a teachers aide. Maybe that’s why you aren’t paid well?

Your refund will be ready when you complete the coarse, and after our children eat on your dime.

Good day! 🇺🇸

Danielle76

Wow… all I know is qhwn I find out where the low life dirt bag who works at HC I will be calling and reporting ur scanty ass.. it’s people like u who do the scamking.. N I aam almost certain the reason u r not able room claim kids cause no one wants to get near your uneducated dumpster mouth.amelia, go back to school and learn how to publicly talk . Nobody on this site wants to see your street talking tough grade school words on here. This is a adult conversation and dirt bags like you don’t need to give any opinions about mothers. U r an insult to your surroundings and I feel bad for u.

Proudma30

we still shows that it’s processing but I called the irs today and the said my refund will deposit on 2/23. Big relief! they said we should reflect it tomorrow with their weekly update. Filed and accepted on 1/23 with both credits..good luck everyone

JOFRANK81

I STILL DONT HAVE A DDD AND I FILED ON 1/27! IM SO FRUSTRATED! ANYONE RECEVED THEIR MONEY YET?

bdm19293
                                                  @bmoeller3

Has anybody received their deposits yet that have been approved?

Peter Mauk

Ok, so I’m confused because I didn’t have any dependants. But, I’m still receiving this message?

Tye8277

@Amelia…I can’t help but feel like I know you, and have to mention that as a mother to a child in middle school, it completely frightens me that you would be allowed near any children at all with that mentality, and quite frankly with your limited and poor vocabulary, I’m wondering how you were even allowed to be an “aide”, please do let us know where this is so that I can make sure my child is NOT in that district.

Just a little FYI, it’s an American, not A American….just sayin’. I mean if you want to get on your high horse, or in this case Donkey, you should be sure your grammar is correct before you go on to insult the “others”.

The reason I feel like I know you, is because you represent every other entitled little brat who has absolutely zero concept of what it is to be a single mother/father/parent. I’ve been working my “ass off” since my first job at 15 years old. I am now 40, I think you can do the math on that…I should say…I hope..soooooo, moral of the story is we ALL, all of us that are getting a return, have worked our asses off. Hence, the return. Believe it or not I was also a single working woman before I had my first child at 28. As were all of the rest of the Americans who have had children and worked prior to and after having children.

I definitely would have recommended thinking that post through, doll. Not your best work.

On another note, I actually came on here to see if other people were still having the processing message on their “Where’s My Refund” page. I’ve had this for a while, sill no bar so I was starting to get concerned. I guess I just have to be a little more patient.

Tish

@amelia….I’m so sorry that you feel this way but I honestly don’t believe you thought your message through before typing. So, basically you are saying people with kids are worthless and scammers? Did I read that correctly? If that’s the case, that would put your MOTHER in the same category as us loving parents. So did you wake up this morning and tell your mother how worthless she was because she had you? Also, we will not be frowned upon because God blessed us with beautiful children that we truly love. Maybe it’s time for you to go back to school to further your education and get a career and not a day by day job, after all you don’t have responsibility holding you back, the sky is the limit for you. So why settle for a bare minimum pay job!!! Also, please get your facts right- obviously we all have jobs and work hard on this site. You can’t file a tax return without income but you state we just sit at home on our butts scamming the government. Dear, I’m a single mom, who raised 4 beautiful kids and now are in college and I’m not a worthless piece of crap. You say we are scamming the government because they decided to give EITC & ACTC to boost the economy that’s absurd!!! I believe it’s a good thing to lend a helping hand to those of us that are trying. I could never scam the GOVERNMENT when I work for the GOVERNMENT !!! I honestly don’t see how the parents at your school feel comfortable around their children with the resentment you have towards mothers and kids, I def would report your behavior as we don’t want another school massacre. If I were single with no kids you best believe I would not be sitting around mopping about tax refunds. I would def be in school working on my career job making $70k and up. Oh, but I am doing that and sorry old me have kids to drag along behind me while they too are going to college.

We need PRAYERS!!! Not HATE!!!!

Amelia, I will be praying for you 🙏

Astrea

I had the Path Message until 2/16 where now it only shows as processing. Cycle 20170605
                                                          I ordered transcripts this morning and they show code 846 with refund issue date 3/6/2017. I’m reading on other forums that the DD date is actually 10 days prior to the 846 date, so 2/24/2017.
                                                          (IRS still indicates processing as of 2/17, even after transcripts have been ordered)

Anyone complaining about being single, no kids, and not having a return yet: WE are not holding up your return. WE did not band together to somehow stop the IRS from issuing your refund. WE filed our taxes not because we are not working and scamming off the government, but because we had income and filed a tax return because it’s the LAW and are due refunds due to exemptions and credits because of all the other shit we have to pay throughout the year. Good for you not having to pay $20/day per kid for daycare ($20,800 a year for two kids!!) but don’t try to be a bitch to those claiming a credit they are rightfully due.

Brad

Unfortunately, it appears that rather than simply delaying the refunds from processed EITC and ACTC returns, the IRS decided to move those returns to the bottom of the pile. The IRS was supposed to begin ISSUING refunds starting on the 15th, but it appears that they only began processing those returns on the 15th. I liken this action to that of the Titanic. Often high utility bills and winter layoffs,etc cause people with limited income to have their “economic ship” start to sink. The tax “refund” is a lifeboat given to many families to help them make it through this difficult time of year. However, the Path Act has given the lifeboats to the 1st & 2nd class passengers and told the rest that they can simply drown in the sinking ship. Its amazing that a person with hundreds of thousands of dollars in investment & business income can have their complex return processed in a week, while someone with limited income has to wait over a month under the guise of “fraud prevention.” This ridiculous Act just further shows that we are a government OF the Rich, By the Rich, and For the Rich…….This Act should be challenged in court as it is a form of discrimination based on economic status AND is disproportionately hard on African-American and minority communities (And I am neither by the way). Where’s the NAACP??

Steve

I was in the same situation checked this morning an have a deposit date of Feb 22nd. Bars are back approved. Finally the wait is over.

MinaChan

@ Amelia: Calm the hell down. You’re single? Cool. No kids? Awesome. Don’t blame others for your refund being delayed. The new law obviously doesn’t apply to you, so take it up with the IRS and find out WHY your refund is delayed INSTEAD OF bitching at strangers you don’t even know on the internet. Jeez, I don’t even know you (I really don’t like judging people I don’t know) but holy fuck, you come off as a complete bitch. I’d hate to be that negative and single. LOL!

futureMrsL

This is so frustrating…..filed 2/2 accepted 2/3 I too was getting the Path message and to check after Feb 15th and now I am getting the “We have received your tax return and it is being processed.” I had twins in 2016 but my fiance is claiming them, I filed as single only worked 2 months of 2016 due to pregnancy and was/am in school full time so my returns were super easy. Am I getting the processing message due to being a full time student? My fiance filed feb 13th and he claimed the EITC and he has the orange bars but his has only been accepted…..

waiting247

PATH victim. Filed and accepted 1/26. As of this morning PATH message changed to processing message. Just checked transcripts and shows refund issued and code 846 but the date on that code is 3/6.

Do those dates matter ?

My cycle code was 20170405.

Hoping to see deposit tmrw!!

lani

accepted january 18th. i was able to order return transcripts but thats al i know. path message gone just the generic message that everyone else is getting….this sucks. called IRS and they were no fucking help!

skullz

@ten1seven She does seem a lil uptight

@amelia
                                                                        GOOD FOR YOU you work your a$$ off just like most other Americans out there waiting to get there taxes. So you are a single person who pays their taxes just to wait? tell me about that!! I’m a single mom who works her a$$ off just to pay taxes just like you, except unlike you when I get home I don’t get to relax and enjoy myself.. nope, my job is not done, just like millions of others who are waiting for their taxes! So yes, those of us who get the credit more than likely deserve it. So it was ever so nice of you to rant, but clearly unneeded!!

• #4173857
                                                                        HEATHER

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?? AM I UNDER INVESTIGATION???

We have received your tax return and it is being processed.

• #4173855
                                                                          Ten1seven

@amelia

You seem uptight. Maybe if you can get some d**k maybe you’ll have one of those kids to get that money back, you silly little b***h.

• #4173821
                                                                            Finalllyyyyyy

No, it says that they’re processing. The same as most of us got. I was placed on hold for awhile and she told me that she’s showing my DDD for 2/22/17. It kind of shocked me actually.

• #4173718
                                                                              Cris

@Finalllyyyyyy Does WMR on the website reflect what you were told on the phone? Just wondering since the website updates at night usually…

• #4173697
                                                                                Finalllyyyyyy

I spoke with the IRS a few moments ago and was given a DDD of 2/22.

Filed 1/23
                                                                                  Accepted 1/23
                                                                                  Awaiting both credits

• #4173686
                                                                                  April

Wow Amelia just because you were not blessed with a family like the rest of us working parents dont be mad. We work we have children. You know those children you see all day in order to have that awesome job of yours. You seriously could not have been thinking when you wrote this. You must think before you speak, in this case before you type. Please grow up as we pay your DAMN salary.

• #4173630
                                                                                    Cris

Does anyone happen to know if people who file after February 15th are being subjected to the same delays as those of us who filed early? That’s what I don’t understand. My return was accepted on January 19th and I knew I wouldn’t be getting my refund until after February 15th because I claim both of the credits. A friend of mine filed her taxes last week and she already has a direct deposit date. She too claimed both credits but her refund is not being delayed at all. I find this unfair and almost like lower income families are being penalized for not earning a lot of money.

On the positive side, my WMR has updated to say it’s processing again and the PATH message went away so hopefully I will have my deposit soon. :)

• #4173554
                                                                                      Jessica
                                                                                        @ariannaadoresu

My girlfriend has had the processing page this entire time, never had the path act message, and has the eic!! I really thing they didnt start processing anything path refunds till yesterday, which makes no sense to even have the path act if they werent using the time to do ours as well!!!

I have a cylce code of 20170405, have the credits, and no 846 code. its weird that people who have a later cylce date are getting the 846 code already …I also check 2015 transcript, had the 846 code with date of 2/22/15 but i had got mines the first week of feb. so lets hope these march 6 dates is the latest date it will be deposited

• #4173551
                                                                                        JOFRANK81

I WAS ALSO ABLE TO ORDER MY TRANSCRIPTS. EVERY YEAR ITS ALWAYS SOMETHING. WHO ELSE IS HAS THIS HAPPENED TO? I FILED AND WAS ACCEPTED ON 1/27….UGH! THIS IS THE LONGEST I EVER HAD TO WAIT!!!

• #4173545
                                                                                          JOFRANK81

MY PATH MESSAGE IS ALSO GONE AND I HAVE NO BARS. IM JUST AS CONFUSED AS THE REST OF YOU ALL. MY STATUS SAYS IT WAS ACCEPTED AND WILL POST A DATE BUT NOTHING AS OF 2/16. THIS LAW IS B.S.!!

• #4173539
                                                                                            Tyler

AMELIA is a dirty rotten BITCH

• #4173483
                                                                                              Jackie

@Crystal THANK YOU. I was just thinking the same. I get where the frustration comes from but its totally directed at the wrong people. Ive worked since i was 18 and im 30 now with 3 kids, and have never once depended on anyone to help me. So when someone like Amelia says “THE OTHERS” are the reason why shes delayed in her refund it makes me livid. Amelia my dear your part of our nations problem. I hope you grow up one day.

Also, Ive never heard of a non-working mother being able to collect taxes. EVER.

Oh, and I forgot you work at a Middle School around children. I truly hope this type of way of thinking doesn’t rub off on any of em… we need less of YOU’s running around.

• #4173383
                                                                                                Donna

i found the following message on the IRS website when looking for info, for mine now says processing……It basically states things will be updated on the 18th

I claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on my tax return. When can I expect my refund?
                                                                                                  • By law, the IRS is required to hold EITC and ACTC refunds until February 15. However, taxpayers may not see those refunds until the week of February 27 – if there are no processing issues with the tax return and the taxpayer chose direct deposit.
                                                                                                  • Where’s My Refund? will be updated on February 18 for the vast majority of early filers who claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit. Before February 18, some taxpayers may see a projected deposit date or an intermittent message that the IRS is processing their return.

• #4173338
                                                                                                  taxessuck

Well, I would like to extend a warm welcome to all of you who updated to the processing message from all of us who have been here for a while. I have been on that processing message since 24 January, never changed. So, to all of you who are just joining me, Welcome aboard!

• #4173251
                                                                                                    Crystal
                                                                                                      @crymarie00

Hey, Amelia, I am so sorry you have such negativity in your life. I am a mother of 2 have worked my ass off my whole life. I have been paying taxes for the last 21 years. I have always gotten a refund (mainly because I claim 0 – so they take it out up front but I get a return every year). Up until 5 years ago (when my first born was about 3 months old) I have always worked 2 jobs over 80 hours a week… So while I understand you being pissed, please don’t bunch all of your hate for people who have kids as being the sole reason why you aren’t getting your refund earlier. And the date of the 27th is for people filing with EIC & ACTC, and as I understand it, from the majority of my single friends, they have already gotten their tax refunds…so maybe it isn’t the fault of people with kids, its your own fault.
                                                                                                      Have a wonderful day.

• #4173274
                                                                                                      lildad

Cheryl try clearing your browser history and cache…

• #4173239
                                                                                                        Lauren

Oh wait *edit @amelia unless you have EIC and that is why you are being affected.

• #4173236
                                                                                                          Lauren

@amelia you shouldn’t be getting delayed I’ve seen plenty of single people in your position getting their refunds back. Did you speak to someone at IRS that said you would be affected?

• #4173202
                                                                                                            Cheryl

I am getting the same “being processed” response. I tried to sign up for a transcript, and I am not able to complete the form. Each time, I get an automated response that says that the browser needs to be closed and I need to resubmit my info. I have tried this several times with the same outcome. Anyone else?

• #4173187
                                                                                                              amelia

Taxpayers who receive the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit will face longer delays in 2017 and will not be able to access their refunds until the week of Feb. 27 at the earliest.

Initially, we heard reports about a switch that would delay those refunds until Feb. 15 but another 12 days has been added to that process, based on the latest reports.

i am single ( which means they tax my ass off all year long and i never get back crap )
                                                                                                                no kids ( again meaning they tax my ass off all year and i never get shit back )
                                                                                                                working America (again paying taxes all year, for years )
                                                                                                                I work at HC middle school(as a aide so naturally i really don’t make crap but have benefits and a awesome job )
                                                                                                                i have literally worked and paid taxes my whole life and now because of the pos people that want to lay on their asses and not work and then scam the government for every penny they can get has made it to where even now I have to wait for my taxes! pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                                                anyone who works in America with no kids and that’s single is FUCKED! I have always said i should get a extra tax credit for just being a normal working none kids no dependents single American! but no i get screwed because of all the OTHERS!

• #4172911
                                                                                                                RICHARD J COLBY

checked my WMR no bars but said being processes did mine 1/21/2017 accepted 1/23/2017.anyone know when i’ll be getting my refund,i have direct deposit

• #4172867
                                                                                                                  NF

Mine is now saying its being processed too. Just have to wait

• #4172790
                                                                                                                    Smith

Hey I checked my status on Where’s My Refund and it told me check after15th so I’ll check after the 15 today is the 16th and now it is saying process and still processing what does that mean

• #4172275
                                                                                                                      Nerdy type

Momof4, if you know anyone who is really doing that, please tell them just to take back some cans and claim $1 of income. That’s all you need to be eligible for the credit.

The fraud the IRS is trying to head off is related to organized crime. Falsified tax returns are their new #1 way of making money — faster, safer and less traceable than drugs or prostitution. People simply load a return onto a prepaid card in someone else’s name, using their social security number, etc. Thousands of people have lost their returns this way in the last two years, and there is no way to reclaim those funds. I know it’s a pain to have to wait, but … much better than the alternative.

• #4171689
                                                                                                                        JUSTME

hi, if you can order both transcripts is that a good sign? Looked p my info still the path message…grrr

• #4171536
                                                                                                                          PearlP

@Chiffon

Does SSBT only work if you had fees? I filed with TT but it was free to file.

• #4171503
                                                                                                                            Momof4

I don’t know any nonworking parents of 10 filing returns, but I have heard of nonworking parents that allow other people to claim their kids for the EITC & ACTC and split the refund with them. So, yes it is possible for a parent of “10” or even “2” to not work and still benefit at tax time. And that is the reason for this new law and why we are all having to wait and be on edge, because of people who do just that. Just saying.

• #4171301
                                                                                                                              Chiffon

Well I do taxes and if you filed with a company such as Turbo Tax, and had fees paid from your refund, then you can check the Santa Barbara Bank website sbbt.com. This is where your refund goes directly after the IRS releases your refund so that Turbo Tax can take out their fees and they send you the rest, so if you check this site and they haven’t received your refund, the IRS hasn’t released it yet. This applies to the federal refund only. I think this site will be more accurate than the wmr site being that they don’t always update on time

• #4171282
                                                                                                                                RadioClash

It seems like this all has to do with making sure they are refunding to the actual taxpayer.

I posted this on another question…

I was accepted 1/24 and I had no EIC or ACTC credits but I itemize. I received the 4883C letter yesterday to confirm my identity and I called. When I called she said they are sending out a CP05 which means they are reviewing something in my return…

The WMR has said there is a delay in my refund for weeks now. I think it’s because I bought a house this year and itemized for the first time.

Unfortunately we just have to be patient and I am actually ok with them checking and double checking. I have had my identity stolen before.

• #4171260
                                                                                                                                  Kehau

Here on Maui, I filed early being we only have 1 W2 to file, with 4 children. My friend on the other hand has 3 children, she filed last week claiming her children and received her refund yesterday… Not sure why the IRS would release her refund being its the “new law” with individuals falling in the range of the PaATH act.

• #4171229
                                                                                                                                    Shwa
                                                                                                                                      @yupitsshwa

I’m really disappointed in this years forum. Why are we not investigating ourselves? We can’t blame people for speculation. Blame the trolls (absolute lies), not people speculating. People seem to take info as face value and simply aren’t reading other topics, not asking for sources outside of the old “I’ve done this for 300 years, have family in the IRS, family tax business, etc. it’s comical, but sad. We have to do a better job at educating g ourselves. Start at IRS.gov, read the archives that are free, press releases that are free, and your tax preparers website (as major preparers usually have most credible info). But yeah, I think the bashing and over sensationalizing the misinformation word would stop if we would just, well, read….

P.s. I’m still waiting too. Filed 1/7 with both credits. Got state 2 weeks ago.

• #4171212
                                                                                                                                      MikeFromOhio

Okay, that’s what I thought was being quoted. It says “for the vast majority it will update on the 18th” this is a CYA move in my opinion. It doesn’t actually say it will not update before then, but rather most people will not see an update before then. So some people can/will be updated before then.

It’s a small difference sure, but misinformation isn’t helping anyone.

• #4171044
                                                                                                                                        Doug

@Mikefrom Ohio

https://www.irs.gov/uac/newsroom/avoid-the-rush-be-prepared-to-validate-identity-if-calling-the-irs

The third of fourth section. But it says the 18th, not the 16th

• #4171035
                                                                                                                                          MikeFromOhio

@Joester Do you have a link to that?

• #4170979
                                                                                                                                            chris

i filed and was accepted on the 28th have had the path message ever since and today the 15th i still have the path message sure is nice of the government to punish low income family’s who rely on this return to pay bills its like they are punishing us for having kids and being low income it states if you file for eitc or the actc you will be delayed but yet my buddy got his 2 weeks ago and he filed for just the actc its complete horse shit

• #4170917
                                                                                                                                              Thia Ray

I never got the PATH message,mine has said your return has been recieved and it is being processed, so what does that mean????

• #4170870
                                                                                                                                                Joester

3:54PM CST. The IRS just sent out a press release. The IRS Where’s My Refund tool will not update until February 16th, 2017 for those that still have the PATH act message. It will begin updating WMR on February 16th through February 18th for the vast majority of EITC/ACTC taxpayers.

• #4170777
                                                                                                                                                  Kaylee
                                                                                                                                                    @kaylee

@Ary

That’s not the PATH message. That’s the normal “your return is currently being process” and tax topic 152 is normal. Those with a PATH message doesn’t have any bars, amounts, and it says to check back after February 15.

• #4170773
                                                                                                                                                    Kaylee
                                                                                                                                                      @kaylee

@Anonymous

The 21 day clock doesn’t start until the IRS officially opens. So that’s the 23rd. 21 days from that is February 13. It doesn’t matter if you’re an early filer and was accepted before the IRS officially opens for processing. Your 21 days doesn’t start until then.

• #4170631
                                                                                                                                                      Ssrah

How can you be non working and file a tax return?

• #4170629
                                                                                                                                                        Dee

I WISH I could find time to be lazy with 2 kids, LOL!!
                                                                                                                                                          10 KIDS=SuperMom…aka SuperTIREDmom!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😋😋

• #4170604
                                                                                                                                                          Ellie

@ not yourmom. Lmao

I don’t know anyone with 10 kids but they can’t be lazy in some areas of their lives lol

Ima thinking they are quite BUSY!

Bless their heart s…..better them than me!

• #4170598
                                                                                                                                                            Polo don

WTF

• #4170597
                                                                                                                                                              Notyourmom

Do you actually know any lazy people with 10 kids who lie on their return?

Cuz I don’t. And I know ALOT of people.

• #4170593
                                                                                                                                                                Deminitis

That statement is lazy

• #4170581
                                                                                                                                                                  an

and one more thing its a good thing maybe now they will get the non working lazy people with 10 kids that lie on their return. makes me sooo mad …

• #4170580
                                                                                                                                                                    an

Calm down the money for the eic clearly states dont expect it until the end of the month millions and millions of returns,. i been the same way but not getting my hopes up it will come when it comes. but ill go with their end of the month thing

• #4169843
                                                                                                                                                                      thegrandemperor

If you filed after a certain date will you not see a PATH act message because you’re too close to the 15th?

• #4169606
                                                                                                                                                                        Misty

For those saying they only deposit 2 days a week, that is false. They deposit every weekday, I have even saw a deposit on a Saturday in past years. Last year it was on a Tuesday, so not sure where this whole “only deposits on Wed and Fri” came from. Anyone receive their refund?

• #4169440
                                                                                                                                                                          foreverfragile

ok yall. to all those questioning TT152, it’s not a glitch and it’s not an approval. if you click on it it tells you that you see that TT because you are getting a direct deposit. (This part is fact)

(this part is opinion) From all that i’ve been reading and the fact that i have done taxes for over 20 friends and family last year and this year, i know that the PATH message means that you are already approved and just are waiting for the 15th. I have 2 other people that filed these credits and they still do not have a path message and they received letters from the IRS for verification and ID verify. I also agree with everyone that has said, The IRS cannot release Refunds until the 15h, not that they wont process returns before that.

I was accepted on january `13th so i am believing for a DD date on wednesday.
                                                                                                                                                                            Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.

• #4169103
                                                                                                                                                                            amomslife
                                                                                                                                                                              @amomslife

The it’s will start releasing dd Feb 15th for sure might not be for everyone because I mean we are talking about millions but the first batch will for sure be Feb 15th so depending on your bank you might receive it later than that.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/newsroom/2017-tax-filing-season-opens-today

Refund Delays
                                                                                                                                                                              A law change now requires the IRS to hold refunds on tax returns claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) until Feb. 15. Under this change required by the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS must hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with the EITC and ACTC. Even though the IRS will begin releasing EITC and ACTC refunds on Feb. 15, many early filers will still not have actual access to their refunds until the week of Feb. 27. The additional delay is due to several factors, including weekends, the Presidents Day holiday and the time banks often need to process direct deposits.
                                                                                                                                                                              This law change gives the IRS more time to detect and prevent fraud. Beyond the EITC and ACTC refunds and the additional security safeguards, the IRS anticipates issuing more than nine out of 10 refunds in less than 21 days. However, it’s possible a particular return may require additional review and take longer. Taxpayers are reminded that state tax agencies have their own refund processing timeframes that vary, and some states may make additional reviews to ensure their refunds are being issued properly. Even so, taxpayers should file as usual, and tax return preparers should submit returns as they normally do.

It specifically days they will release on Feb 15th.

• #4169084
                                                                                                                                                                              amomslife
                                                                                                                                                                                @amomslife

@anonymous

Ok, let me give my opinion one more time. Today is the Monday the 13th for those who have a processing date on your transcripts for today I guarantee you will see. An update on wmr Wednesday morning or your dd in your account. Even for this who are not affected by the path law who have been waiting for a ddd I bet you will be updated on wmr on Wednesday also you might not even see your bars move they might just release your dd it had happened. And for those who dont make it in the Wednesday bath with an update on wmr or a ddd at least you will be next in line and will see an update Saturday.

People we are here to share information, opinions, and personal situations we have encountered. Let’s help each other and leave the negativity behind tax time is stressful enough we all just want our money right or a clear understanding on why we haven’t received it yet. So with that being said @anonymous I’m going to forget your rude comment you just be blessed and have a nice day

• #4169060
                                                                                                                                                                                Mona

So I tried to get my transcript online. I go through all the steps, i get to the end, and it tells me its disabled and call this number.
                                                                                                                                                                                  I’m praying its only saying that cause of the fact that i also am part of that Path Act. On the WMR site tells me:
                                                                                                                                                                                  **Check Where’s My Refund after February 15 for your personalized refund status. It’s updated once a day and remains the best way to check the status of your refund**
                                                                                                                                                                                  I don’t want to go into panic mode. Uggghhhh

• #4169054
                                                                                                                                                                                  JENNIFER

My son’s message was saying he would get his refund on Feb 15th but he got it this morning at 7:13 a.m. Monday Feb. 13th, 2017

• #4168633
                                                                                                                                                                                    kathryn Martinez

I filed on the 27th accepted on the 27th filed the earned income credit and child tax credit and additional child tax credit I have been on path 152 ever since but then it updated on Friday and it still says 152 but in a different way now it’s saying that I can check back after the 15th does that mean that I’ve already been processed and approved or they still keeping me in limbo thank you for useful information please

• #4168620
                                                                                                                                                                                      Cassie

So I must give my “opinion”
                                                                                                                                                                                        The PATH msg on WMR says due to the path act we can not release any refunds until Feb. 15th…..
                                                                                                                                                                                        It doesn’t say, due to the path act we will not process you until the 15th, or anything like that…
                                                                                                                                                                                        In my opinion it clearly reads that we have a refund but they can’t release it. The wording seems pretty obvious to me.

• #4168450
                                                                                                                                                                                        Marie

Has anyone received there refund today?

• #4165040
                                                                                                                                                                                          detoured
                                                                                                                                                                                            @detoured

This comes directly from the IRS website:

The PATH Act of 2015, approved by Congress, requires us to hold the refund for tax returns that include the EITC or ACTC until Feb. 15. We cannot send refunds before then. However, the IRS cautions that your refund likely won’t arrive in your bank account or debit card until the week of February 27, if there are no processing issues with the tax return and you chose direct deposit.

The 27th date is because returns for PATH may be delayed due to Presidents Day.

• #4163402
                                                                                                                                                                                            Anonymous

what you said isnt an opinion, thats just false information.

• #4162677
                                                                                                                                                                                              amomslife
                                                                                                                                                                                                @amomslife

Yes you are right, thank you for that correction. What I meant was most people receive an update on where’s my refund on Wednesdays and Fridays I know I always have. As stated in my previous post I’m just giving my opinion like everyone else I never said it was a fact.

• #4162664
                                                                                                                                                                                                Kim

WMR updates daily and the IRS deposits 5 days a week.

• #4162662
                                                                                                                                                                                                  amomslife
                                                                                                                                                                                                    @amomslife

Wmr updates Wednesdays and Fridays and deposits on Wednesdays and Fridays. My guess is if you have a processing date for Monday 2/13/2017 you will get a direct deposit on Wednesday 2/15/2017. If your processing date is 2/20/2017 you will receive your deposit Friday 2/22/2017. Just my guess. We have been able to order account and return transcripts which has always been an indicator our returns are done processing now they are just waiting until the 15th which is the first legal day they can release returns.

• #4162650
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Mama Hawk

Good luck everyone! Here’s to hoping we all have our money next week on the 15th.

• #4162508
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Dj

Thank you Ary it’s so weird that all these people are getting the PATH message yet didn’t claim the credits that should prompt to you to get it I hope it’s just a fluke but I’m seeing alot of people who filed way after me and they already have a DDD and I still have no date I was able to order both transcripts last week so maybe I’m a weekly and it will update soon

• #4162424
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Katherine Stephens

My husband and I did our taxes on Jan. 30th and were accepted the same day. We did the iec and child tax credit. H& R block says on the refund status that……. Federal return status: We’ve taken the necessary steps to deposit your Refund Transfer funds into the bank account(s) included on your return. This usually takes three to five business days, but might take longer. So, make sure your money’s been deposited into your account before you try to spend it. Your current-year tax prep services are now complete. So Now I’m confused, are we getting our refund By Friday Feb. 10th or the 15th? And on the irs refund status it says the path act with the # 152 on the bottom.

• #4162413
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Ary

@Dj we also did not have EIC or AITC only the regular CTC & we somehow got the TT 152 link, we’ve been at 1 bar since 1/25 and our return is identical to previous years. It says its being processed and with a generic message that we should receive our refund within 21 days. Not sure if the TT 152 link is an error. We’ve always received our refund on Wednesdays and wmr never seems to have an update past 1 bar until after we’ve gotten our direct deposit.

• #4162367
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Dj

I’m not sure if that’s true or not I got the same message aboutchecking on the 15th but I don’t have,EIC OR AITC ONLY regular child tax credit or the CTC and I got the path message and others many of us got that message even people that didn’t even claim the credit at all

• #4162358
                                                                                                                                                                                                              LisaV

i think, and this is just a guess, that when it changed from the first block to the second, if you have EIC it went to the PATH message. if you have 152 on the bottom it is suppose to mean you are approved and waiting on the refund which cant be sent till the 15th. so, i am guessing they will send first in first out and we will get them along the way. i am more concerned by reading that they only do DD on fridays, so that is the 17th. or the 24th.or past that

• #4161737
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Nancy

My thought is that my refund will be sent to the back in the 13th per my transcripts and I this k the banks will release them the 15 th. Just like with social security payments. The bank gets them about a week earlier but doesn’t release until the 1st or 3rd. I have Netspend and I always get my social security at least 3-4 days early. I believe I will get my refund as soon as Netspend gets it.

• #4160164
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Anonymous

I was accepted january 12th. Feb 13th is my processing date. Thats well beyond 21 days…

• #4160158
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Anonymous

Where did the last two people get that info? lol the processing date is when its sent to the bank. From the IRS’s mouth themselves. The path act just says you cant have the money till the 15th. The wire will take a few days. Ill have mine on the 15th.

• #4160050
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      donna Heil

Processing date is only 21 days after you were accepted. They say that it takes about 21 days to process a returm. Your transcript don’t tell you no refund dates.

• #4159967
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Tay

A “processing date” is 21 days from when your return was accepted.

• #4159951
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Angie

I have my return transcript, but not processing date. My cycle posted is 20170405…Am I going to be a lucky one that will see it sent the 13?! I filed on the 20th, accepted the 23rd…I know the 13th will be the 21st day, so hopefully I will, but who knows with this tax year.

• #4159923
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            brittnabby
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              @brittnabby

On my Record of Account it has AS OF: Feb. 20,2017
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Cycle posted 20170505
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Is this when my return will be refunded? I am just confused this year with the PATH ACT. My

• #4159913
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Anonymous

So hopefully i get a direct deposit from the IRS next Wednesday

• #4159912
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Anonymous

I filed on the 10th of January and was accepted the 12th of January. I claimed both credits that put me under the PATH Act. Nobody has a “issue” date of the 13th. It says processing date and you find that by looking at your account transcript.

• #4159875
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Tyler
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    @tszelis1

@ Michael did you claim the EITC?

• #4159844
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    brittnabby
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      @brittnabby

Where can I find my issue date? I can get all my transcripts.

• #4159759
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Nea
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        @yvette

I have path Act but I pulled up my return transcript and it has issue date February 13th.

• #4159639
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Ohiogal

@ Michael when was your filed & accepted date? I’m hoping my path message & tax topic 152 will get me a release date of 2-13!!

• #4159629
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Anonymous

@lolo, like i called the IRS and got someone actually helpful and said i should see mine sent out the 13th and depending on the bank get it in 2-5 days. With my bank it will be the 14th or 15th though. The path message with no error codes and the tax code 152 on WMR are a good thing.

• #4159623
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Lolo

I have the path act message. Had it for a while now. Filed through hrblock with the emerald card(fees taken out) and have EITC and ctc(filed the same way for a cpl yrs now). I did call the emerald card and was told that I shld get mine by the 13th.

• #4159610
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Layla

We can only hope, but I doubt it. People are seeing process dates on their transcripts and speculating. I’m pretty much just planning on March.

• #4159585
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Anonymous

The date of the 13th is the processing date. The law doesnt state that they wont process returns until the 15th just that the funds wont be available until then. Meaning if they send the money on the 13th then itll probably hit the bank of the 15th. Most ive seen have a date of the 13th too.

• #4159571
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Bill

No, As far as i have read in the law they will not release any until after the 15th, If some people do get them they will be extremely lucky and prolly in a systems glitch

Viewing 117 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.