On fb pathers are reporting getting letters

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season On fb pathers are reporting getting letters

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Prettyladyte.
  • Topic Starter
    Starsha

On fb pathers with good codes on their transcripts are now reporting getting cp07 letters from IRS & their transcripts codes are changing . Seems like no one is in the clear until after the next update. Having the path message is not a definite good thing. IRS seems to be doing things really different this year

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Prettyladyte

I was told I was under review when I called the Irs to order my transcripts. The person I spoke with said it could take anywhere to 45 days which would put me st April 1. He said if I received a letter it would be CP something. This has never happened to me. Will it take that long and what can I expect ? Will I see a update tonight or will they hold it until they’re finished reviewing me ?

Lance

Yes transcripts won’t update with any new codes until path is over

Charley

A CP07 letter has to do with Schedule A issue. Schedule A is for itemized deductions. If you didn’t itemize, then it won’t be an issue.

Nikesha
                @nikesha

I agree. I dont think we’re are going to know anything for sure u til Saturday and forward

Willie T

For what it’s worth: A CP07 notice is sent to people who file a 1040/Schedule A and itemize their deductions.

“The IRS received your tax return and are holding your refund until they complete a more thorough review of the benefits you claimed under a treaty and/or the deductions claimed on Schedule A.”

source: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-cp07-notice

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.