Ohio State …any accepted or updates

• Creator
    Topic

gtjibbb

I filed TT …says Ohio received 1/19…status still pending. Anyone have any Ohio progress?

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 23 replies - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Robyn

Anyone know what this means?

BF owed like $70 for something from a few years ago. He was getting $388 back from state… but i’m confused as to what this means. We opted for direct deposit… but trying to figure out what this means. Are they going to direct deposit the rest of it, and then send him a letter if he wants to appeal it. Or send him a check for the rest of it? Or send him the letter and we’ll have to fight it… they never gave us the option to fix it…this is just what it says.

Your refund will be offset for:
    Ohio Tax Assessments
    888-297-2911

A letter of explanation will be mailed within 7 to 10 business days specifying the offset reasons, and the portion of the refund being considered for offset.

Robyn

I got my state refund deposited today! A whole $3!!! Wooohoo!
    I used TT. Filed on the 20th at midnight. Accepted at 12:38am
    Approved at 1:48am on the 21st. Deposited today at 4pm

Anonymous

Update: I filed through tt on 1/19 and it had been pending ever since. I checked again just now and they had received it and to allow 1-2 days for the status of the return.

gtjibbb

Filed through TT 1/16
    Refiled through Ohio.gov 1/22
    Accepted ohio.gov 1/25
    Rejected TT 1/26

minnie

posted last night here,and went straight to ohio.gov and did my taxes there and now just received a text message saying my Ohio taxes were finally accepted,I think redoing them helped

Anonymous

@jennifer did you file through turbo tax?

minnie

I filed my Ohio taxes 1/17 with tt and my taxes are still pending.so I just went to ohio.gov and filed online there,so I will see now how and if the finally get accepted. I guess 3rd party filing is not being accepted bc of identity measures,but I’m not 100% sure,just thought my taxes should have been atleast accepted by now and they weren’t.

Anonymous

I called my bank my Ohio state refund will be deposited tomorrow

Anonymous

I filed 1/19 through tt. Ohio is still pending. I have never had it take this long to accept. I wonder what the deal is. Has anyone that filed through turbo got their refund or a ddd yet? I almost re-filed through Ohio’s website but don’t want that to mess anything up.

gtjibbb

I just checked Ohio.gov refund status and it says processed please allow 7 days. So filed TT 1/15 OHIO still pending. Refiled Ohio.gov 1/22 OHIO approved processed 1/25.

gtjibbb

UPDATE….I did some searching on TT help forum and alot of people were having same problem. Ohio refund still pending. So I and alot of other people have refiled through OHIO.GOV and as of this morning they have been received by Ohio. But the ones that were filed first on TT are still pending, even now. So they said they have the one I filed at Ohio.gov and if TT does submit one it will just be rejected.

minnie

couldn’t find my previous ohio state refund amount to do the extra security identy measure that ppl & website says needs to be done so I called Ohio tax department and the woman said that I don’t HAVE to do taxes on their website and i dont have to answer the identity questions unless they ask me personally to do so after they accept or reject my taxes. and it will take 3 days after my taxes have been submitted to them if they will need to then. I filed through turbtax on 1/19 and they were submitted 1/22 still pending and says no information on website yet.

WelcomeBack

Sorry, but dates were wrong. My response should say this:

I submitted on 1/20/2016 through Tax Act
    Accepted on 1/21/2016
    Processed on 1/22/2016

This is what I saw on the website when I woke up: Your return was processed on 01/22/2016. Please allow 7 business days from the process date for the refund to be credited to your account. If the refund is not available after 7 business days, please check the refund status again for a release date.

WelcomeBack

I submitted on 1/20/2015 through Tax Act
    Accepted on 1/21/2015
    Processed on 1/22/2016

This is what I saw on the website when I woke up: Your return was processed on 01/22/2016. Please allow 7 business days from the process date for the refund to be credited to your account. If the refund is not available after 7 business days, please check the refund status again for a release date.

Trask

Individual Income Tax
    File Faster
    New 1/19/2016: The Ohio Department of Taxation has implemented increased security measures to protect Ohioans and the state from identity theft and tax fraud. As a result, all taxpayers using Income Tax Online Services are required to complete a new registration.
    Each taxpayer will need his or her:
    2014 Ohio Withholding amount (if an Ohio IT 1040 or IT 1040EZ was filed), OR
    the issue date from an Ohio issued Driver’s License or State ID to register.
    If you do not have the required components OR if you are filing an Ohio income tax return for the first time, you are not eligible to use Income Tax Online Services.

Mary
    Admin
    @ma4pa

From user Ohio 740
    2016/01/24 4:35am

@jamel huntet: I am I’m Ohio but haven’t filed my taxes yet, however I have seen several people on here say that you are required this year to go to Ohio.gov to file your state taxes. They are requiring it as an added security measure I guess. So you may want to go to the actual Ohio.gov website and check into it. If you file through there and it gets accepted then I believe the one you have filed with TT will just get rejected but that shouldn’t cause a problem. Hope this helps.

Riss

I submitted on 1/19 and mine is also still pending – doesn’t show on the refund lookup site. Confused about why it’s still pending.

gtjibb

I filed with tt 1/15, immediately rejected…generic code. resubmitted 1/16. Checked back a few days later tt efile details said 1/19 Ohio received on 1/19 status pending. Checked again today …tt efile details say Ohio received on 1/22 status pending. I have never had a problem with them getting accepted right away. I was just wondering what the hold up is…is it Ohio not accepting yet?…which doesnt seem to be the case…or is it Turbo tax?…a glitch etc idk.
    I know where and how to check my refund status, but of course Ohio says they have not received my refund info. I called Turbo Tax they advised me that it was out of their hands since it has been submitted that I just need to wait for an accepted or rejected email.

rebecca

I filed my ohio on 1/19 accepted 1/20 checked my status and it says my refund is under manual review and if i don’t receive it in 60 days to contact them. My first time filing a state return only filed because its free through tt this year. I’m assuming that’s why I have a manual review

kat1170

you can go to ohio dept. of taxation to check status

kat1170

my ohio state says processed on 1/20/2016 and allow 7 business days to deposit will update when it does

gtjibbb

How/where did you receive your status. Thank you!

Anonymous

My Ohio state got processed on the 19th

Viewing 23 replies - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.