New Jersey State Refund

Home Forums General Discussion 2016 Tax Season New Jersey State Refund

• This topic has 19 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Dorief.
  • Topic Starter
    Frank

Just filed my New jersey state refund

2/1

Just wondering your guys experience on the turn around time. I know New jersey is known to take there time. Just wondering what was your Time Frame on a refund.

Viewing 18 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Dorief

It has been 18 weeks since I filed on 2/19 and I am still getting the message that they are still processing… Sure they are…!

dave palmer

Thank you again for nothing Christie want to say again

dave palmer

Thank you again for nothing Christie

dave palmer

thank you again Christie

michele podpora

Today will be almost 4 months since nj excepted my return. They have been processing my return blah blah for 2 months now.

Wendi

I filed around April 12. I have been checking the website daily and keep saying it was accepted ..blah blah…I am so frustrated. Am I ever going to get my refund? Anyone have a number ot call or is that just useless?

Did anyone get their refund recently and how long did you have to wait? I filed mine electronically through e-file.

Cathi

I’ve been waiting 10 weeks ! E-filed on March 15th and website still says we have rec’d your return and are processing it. It’s so frustrating!!!

Jackie

Please post of you are waiting for your NJ refund .anyone know when nj updates their site or sends direct deposits out ?

Jackie

I filed my N.J refund on March 8 2016 and today’s April 23 2016. And my refund st ill just says We have recieved your refund but have not yet approved a refund amount . we are currently processing your return bla bla bla . I have never waited this long before . I hear the site updates twice a week . does anyone know what days ? And is it always the same days ? Does anyone know what days they send out direct deposits? … I am going to call on Monday . but I’m so pissed and was just hoping someone out there .either went through what I am or knows more about the system than I do. Just for a little piece of mind.

Jackie

I filed my nj return through turbotax on march 8th , it still just shows on website : we have recived your return but have not yet approved your refund amount …….. .its been like that for about 2&1/2 weeks now, seems like its taking alot longwr than last year . i also read that they stated that if ur refund was scheduled for direct deposit for march 22 2016, they had a problem and all those tgat were scheduled for that date will recive their refunds through mail only. It says u can call for updated info on your refund After April 1 2016

Kim

I checked online last week and saw this message “Your refund in the amount of $826.00 was approved on 03/22/16. It should be deposited into your bank account on that date. Please check your bank statement to confirm this.” It was never deposited and when I called 609-292-5400 today and spoke with rep, she told me that was misinformation and my refund had not yet been approved. WTF???? Told me to keep checking online for the next FEW weeks. My NJ state refund was accepted through TurboTax on Feb. 2.

Timothy

I filed in early February as well and I still have not gotten my refund. It says on the website “We received your tax return but have not yet approved a refund for you. ” The same thing it has said since a few days after I filed. This seems to be taking way to long. Does anyone know if there is a number I can call to make an inquiry as to the exact status or at least a guess as to how long it should be?

Anne

My NJ refund was accepted (says Turbo Tax) on Jan. 29th. NJ’s website had some info about my refund for awhile (saying it was received and being processed), but ever since last week the online status changed (reverted) and now says they have no records of my return even being filed. This is all very concerning to me.

CC

You are so right @Frank. When you owe them their time frame is “RIGHT AWAY!” and when they owe you, the time frame is, “One of these days!” Lol. I’m glad you got your federal though. I’m still waiting.

Frank

Thanks for the input guys

Well my federal is completed and deposited already

That is a long turn around time that you guys are saying

But hey, what can you do?

Funny thing about this state is if you owe them any money, they have no problem to collect it at any mean necessary and at a timely matter. But if they owe you money, they will gladly take their time.

Ragnar nilsen

@Joe where did you get that statement of they don’t start till your federal is approved?? I only ask because I got a email that NJ just accepted my return

Joe

NJ usually doesn’t process refunds until they receive notification from IRS that your federal refund was approved

CC

At LEAST 3 weeks!! Even for an update that they even received it. They are slow. For the first time, this year they are saying 5 weeks plus an additional 2 weeks to get the money to you. You can read it here https://www16.state.nj.us/TYTR_TGI_INQ/jsp/prompt.jsp
                                            Hope that helps.

TraciT
                                              @traci

Last year I filed on 1/26, NJ state accepted 1/27, rec’d my refund (direct deposit) on 2/24. So about 4 weeks.

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                          • The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.