New Jersey – anyone get an update yet?

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season New Jersey – anyone get an update yet?

• This topic has 124 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by PhickDiva.
  • Topic Starter
    RHelg80
      @rhelg80

The NJ Income Tax Refund Status site states:

“We will issue 2017 Income Tax refunds on or after March 1, 2018.”

I think it said the same thing last year. But it’s already 2/20 and the site still says it has nothing on file for me.

I dug back into my bank statements and I was issued my refund on 3/7/17 last year. So I’m not that worried – I filed roughly the same date/time last year. But I’m just curious if anyone has checked the NJ site and if they have anything yet even if it’s just acknowledging that they have the information.

I was accepted a month ago.

Viewing 123 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        PhickDiva

Just got my state today.

John Fallon

I filed mine on February 1st and have the confirmation number.

It is now May 1st and still the site says it does not find my refund submission ????

wtf

ok just checked saturday AM and its finally approved and should be deposited next week.

PhickDiva

nope

wtf

Still processing filed first week of Feb

Jackie

Still nothing. Stuck on processing. THIS IS INSANE

Jackie

Im praying for an update tonight ….so if they supposedly update on Thursday. Does that mean tonight overnight technically making it Thursday ? OR tomorrow night over night technically making it Friday ???

PhickDiva

Nothing.

Jackie

What the hell I hope we get an update tonight… I doubt it. But geez it’s been almost 8 weeks like when ??? . They supposedly do updates on Thursday and Saturday but I haven’t seen anyone get an update last Saturday… It seems like it’s only been on Thursday nights. I hope I get mine asap. This is really annoying

Kelcf

I had ddd for today and never got money so I called and they sent paper check instead smh. Still haven’t gotten my federal either and I filed in January. This is jus nuts

Shrn

Filed and accepted 1/31. No updates, nothing. My son filed and was accepted Feb 24th, got his this past Monday. So he didn’t even wait a month. Dont understand how this works.

Jackie

It seems that most people think they update Friday overnight .so you’ll see it when u wake up sat morning. And Wednesday over night for Thursday morning.

Diane

Still processing for us too. Accepted Jan 22. So when do we supposedly see updates? Sunday/Monday? Wednesday/Thursday? So confusing, if you ask them, they don’t even know!

Jackie

Still NOTHING

Bre

Dang no update

Kferreira

I’ve been waiting since 1/24/18

Kferreira

Finally!! Got my ddd for the 27th!!

Kelcf

Ddd 3/26 this morning

Phil77

I filed January 25th

Bre

Exactly , they working on the looks of the site but not my damn refund !!! Dangg. I got no letters and nobody will answer any questions about my refund.

asia

The site format looks to have changed, yet no one has changed the fact that I have been PROCESSING since the beginning of time. I filed on January 29th for crying out loud!

Common sense

*when you do something, that’s when they’ll do THEIR job. Until then, stop complaining, it’s a waste of energy on your part* i accidentally put “your” in my previous comment below, obviously its not your job, it’s theirs.

Common sense

Lets be real here guys, New Jersey doesn’t have to use the snow as an excuse for why they haven’t updated yet. It’s because(and this goes for federal and state)goverments of today have realized people have become so complacent and comfortable that they most likely won’t do anything to disrupt or threaten that comfort. Too busy watching stupid shows, on smartphones, twerking, other miscellaneous bs. If people starting having their attorneys send letters to the Treasury of NJ (Department of Taxation), calling their phones non stop, emailing the people in charge of this so there’s a record of their negligence, contacting local representatives, etc. But most people won’t because they assume the next person will. So no, this isnt an Accident, NJ does this because as of yet, over the years, there hasn’t been any consequences, they believe no one can punish the government, so why not? And unfortunately, without consequences, most people won’t abstain from certain actions. Which is why laws are set in place so that if YOU dont PAY THEM taxes on a regular basis, you can be fined and jailed. However, if they dont return your money to you in a timely fashion, well, whatcha gonna do? I say, this upcoming year change your tax status so that way you get the money youre giving them as an interest free loan in your checks and less of a refund. Sure, smaller refund but its a big FU to the Treasury of Nj cause i guarantee you, if enough ppl did this, you’d see them switch up their behavior real quick as they wonder why they’re losing more and more money from the budget. Thats what I’m going to do, this is the last year they get my money to just “hold” and give back to me when they feel like it. They’re lucky we live in a society of law and order, ill tell you that much because this is blatant abuse of power. So you guys can stop thinking this is some sort of accident or fluke on their part, they know exactly what they’re doing and they know(unfortunately) you wont do sh*t about it. When you do something, thats when theyll do your job. Until then, stop complaining, its a waste of energy on your part.

Twiddlingthumbs

I hope they don’t use the snow as an excuse NOT TO UPDATE!!!! Computers work when it’s snowing !!!!!

Jackie

Wonder when the next update will be. . when did you file @Phil77 ?

Phil77

March 20th mine says still processing.

Jackie

Thank you @RHelg…. That’s sweet. But hey come in a as much as you like.. Whatever makes the time go faster. I feel like we’re serving a prison sentence lmao…(not that I’ve ever been in trouble ) lol

RHelg80
                                                                @rhelg80

I’m trying not to post here anymore because mine came through and I don’t want to add insult to injury for you all, but I cannot fathom why NJ is still taking this long for all of you. This is so messed up. I really hope you all get an update soon.

Jackie

Still nothing for me. ImMost likely getting a letter. Anyhow. I just heard that someone called and was told it would be at least 4 weeks from the 1 St cuz they didn’t even start looking at returns until then …then about 15 min ago someone who filed Feb 2 got a DDD for 3/22 … It updated about 20 min ago for them . Mine is still processing so I guess im beat ….

Jackie

Still no update man this sucks

Jackie

Just so annoyed. .. I really hope to see an update tomorrow morning.

Jackie

Still nothing. I wasn’t expecting an update tonight anyways

• #4239985
                                                                        asia

Guess what??

No Update

• #4239900
                                                                          Jackie

We gotta get an update this Saturday and hopefully with a direct deposit date for Tuesday the 20th …. Like WTH? NJ is smoking crack this year

• #4239890
                                                                            Thecatsdidit

No freaking update ! NJ is the absolute worst !

• #4239885
                                                                              Jackie

Wow this is such bullshit this year

• #4239871
                                                                                PhickDiva

No update.

• #4239862
                                                                                  Bre

Still no update wow

• #4239858
                                                                                    Bre

I tried to check the website and the whole site won’t come up

• #4239852
                                                                                      Frank

No update for me, I filed Jan 22. I forgot when it was accepted. But it was either next day or a couple of days after. No letter received and still stuck on processing. This is the worst year so far.

• #4239850
                                                                                        Jackie

So annoyed

• #4239848
                                                                                          Bre

Last time they updated after 3am i think

• #4239846
                                                                                            Jackie

So far still no update…I guess I’ll call in the morning. Something’s got to be won’t it’s been 7 weeks

• #4239511
                                                                                              Jackie

Hoping tomorrow we get an update!!

• #4239485
                                                                                                Jackie

Bre** mine updated to processing on the 1 St too . So I hope Thursday we get an update . We have to. They can’t possible make us wait much longer….right ?? …… Fingers crossed

• #4239478
                                                                                                  Bre

I filed 1/31 and it updated to processing on March 1st . I have no received a letter or anything so hopefully a update this week….

• #4239420
                                                                                                    Jackie

I cant believe you people are waiting since JANUARY still . That’s insane..I filed Feb 5 and I thought that was too long …..

• #4239354
                                                                                                      PhickDiva

@Jackie:

I filed on 1/23.

• #4239292
                                                                                                        Jackie

Maybe when we wake up Thursday we will have an update ? ???? Cuz so far the only updates I’ve heard of was on March 1st when mine and lots of others went to processing message…(2nd bar) and that was a Thursday . And then last Thursday the 8th when some people woke up to DIrect Deposit Dates for Tuesday. The 13th ….. I thought they say they update 2xs a week well this year it sure as shit don’t seem like it.

• #4239207
                                                                                                          Jackie

There even slower than last year.. If that’s even possible. … Suckbags

• #4239195
                                                                                                            Thecatsdidit

Still no update.

• #4239192
                                                                                                              LF

My letter finally came yesterday. Luckily I already submitteed all my crap almost 3 weeks ago when they told me on the phone. NJ SUCKS. I think I’m calling the taxpayer advocate of NJ today. I don’t have time for this crap I’m having a baby soon and need the $ to prepare.

• #4239178
                                                                                                                Jackie

Still nothing .. anyone get an update today? …
                                                                                                                  PhickDiva** when did u file?

• #4239162
                                                                                                                  PhickDiva

No update yet.

• #4238919
                                                                                                                    Jackie

RHelg80***
                                                                                                                      I wish you a great year. Spend your money as foolishly as you want.. All year we have to be responsible with your money so your due… Thanks for the insight about how the bars work.. I don’t remember them last year. Hopefully we will get our update tonight n if not going for Thursday updates. Anyhow thank you for starting this discussion. It’s been nice talking to you. Too next year 😉

• #4238845
                                                                                                                      RHelg80
                                                                                                                        @rhelg80

Sorry I haven’t been back for a few days. Just to address the question about stages: Mine initially started at stage 2 (Processing) and then skipped stage 3 and went streihht to stage 4.

I double checked this morning and my DDD is still tomorrow.

I wish you all a lot of luck. Unbelievable how slow this is this year.

• #4238843
                                                                                                                        Thecatsdidit

Wow still nothing ….. I guess I will get an update tonight or a letter in the mail

• #4238775
                                                                                                                          asia

The state is taking FOREVER this year. They accepted my Return on 2/1/18. I am still sitting in “processing” and have been for two weeks. Has anyone tried calling yet?

• #4238714
                                                                                                                            Jackie1 hi

No update yet …….geez

• #4238582
                                                                                                                              Jackie1 hi

No update today 🤔

• #4238550
                                                                                                                                Jackie1 hi

I wonder if it goes to reach bar. Like mine went straight to processing I never seen the first bar highlighted green the one that says data entered or so.ething like that. Then there’s processing the one that mines been on then checking for accuracy then refund approved …. Did you guys have yours go through each stage on the site ?

• #4238546
                                                                                                                                  Jackie1 hi

Still nothing.. Wondering if I should call …. I was accepted 6th of Feb ….filed Feb 5th….

• #4238435
                                                                                                                                    Thecatsdidit

No update for me . Accepted on 2/13.. this is the longest I have ever waited . This year I filed about 2 weeks later than normal; I guess this is why it’s taking longer .

• #4238350
                                                                                                                                      Bre

Exact*

• #4238348
                                                                                                                                        Bre

Whats the ecact days they update ??

• #4237772
                                                                                                                                          Jackie1

Anyone get any update today,?

• #4237365
                                                                                                                                            RHelg80
                                                                                                                                              @rhelg80

@Jackie1

Thanks, and I’m sorry you haven’t gotten and update yet. :(

• #4237238
                                                                                                                                              Jackie1

So maybe we will get our update next Thursday with DDD of the 20th??? I hope dinner but I think last year it too about 6 weeks and I’m just going into my 6th week now ….. SMH…

• #4237236
                                                                                                                                                Jackie1

Omg Rhelg *** what did I say …I had a feeling there would be an update last night with DDD for the 13 the look back at my post ..crazy shit … I just wish I was right about myself lol
                                                                                                                                                  …ROB*** when did u file?

• #4237231
                                                                                                                                                  Jackie1

Still no sign of my money and I gotta shovel snow ..

• #4237222
                                                                                                                                                    RHelg80
                                                                                                                                                      @rhelg80

Mine updated – I got a DDD of 3/13

• #4237216
                                                                                                                                                      Jackie1

WTF???¿? Still NOTHING!!!!

• #4237211
                                                                                                                                                        Rob

Still nothing

• #4237114
                                                                                                                                                          Rob

zzzz

• #4236824
                                                                                                                                                            Jackie1

Shit that really shitty . They get worse and worse every year it’s a longer and longer wait. . They’re a bunch of suckbags . Sorry just pissed ….I hope my hunch is right and we get an update tonight ..oh shit we might not anyhow cuz of the storm so they probably won’t have noone working to update the site ..we better have an update by Saturday morning with ddd’s for next week …. I wish I could give them a taste of their own medicine. Well in their case bullshit….

• #4236815
                                                                                                                                                              RHelg80
                                                                                                                                                                @rhelg80

I was accepted on 1/24. Six weeks ago. This is crazy.

• #4236812
                                                                                                                                                                Jackie1

Still stick on processing since the 1st of March. Filed 5th of Feb. I think we may get an update tonight guys and hopefully a DDD for maybe the 13th .or next week … But I have a funny feeling well see an update tonight. Hopefully though at least no later than Friday / Saturday…. Jersey is on some dumb shit!!

• #4236748
                                                                                                                                                                  RHelg80
                                                                                                                                                                    @rhelg80

Still nothing.

Last year I got my refund on 3/7.

I just tried calling their non-automated customer service center and all I get is a recorded message saying “sorry but due to inclement weather conditions we are unable to take your call at this time” and then it hangs up.

New Jersey is unreal.

• #4236611
                                                                                                                                                                    LF

Just letting you all know I didn’t receive any letters yet but when I called them they said I had a letter coming. So I don’t think anyone has received letters yet. But they also told me if you had the eitc credit the chances of them requesting more information is higher this year then ever. I would call If you get no updates soon just in case there is a letter going our you can get a head start sending in your documents since I don’t think once person physically received a letter yet. I sent all my info in a week and a half ago and still no letter yet “/ filed 1/29

• #4236583
                                                                                                                                                                      Bre

I have netspend too. I don’t understand whats taking so long ? I have gotten no letters or anything for more information. I received my fed a while ago now. I know so many people whos stuck on processing too. Whats going on

• #4236573
                                                                                                                                                                        rob

I have netspend and usually i get my deposit before the website updates so if that happens this year ill let u guys know…waiting sucks.

• #4236478
                                                                                                                                                                          RHelg80
                                                                                                                                                                            @rhelg80

@rob Not sure but I created this thread on a Tuesday (Feb 20) which is when mine switched from “your information can’t be found” to “Processing.”

• #4236446
                                                                                                                                                                            rob

Anyone know what nights nj website updates?

• #4236324
                                                                                                                                                                              RHelg80
                                                                                                                                                                                @rhelg80

New Jersey just gets worse and worse every year.

• #4236299
                                                                                                                                                                                Wheresmymoney

Never have i ever had to wait this long to get my refund back in anyother state. This is so CRAZY. I really am starting to get pissed.

• #4236271
                                                                                                                                                                                  Rob

wtf new jersey.

• #4236227
                                                                                                                                                                                    RHelg80
                                                                                                                                                                                      @rhelg80

No update for me yet, either. Really depressing.

• #4236123
                                                                                                                                                                                      Rob

No change yet

• #4235972
                                                                                                                                                                                        Jackie1

LF – sorry u gotta send in info. That’s all a bunch of bullshit anyhow. ..it shouldn’t take them a month just to friggin let u know u need to prove who the hell you are ….. ridiculous…bet they dont give a shit who you are when your paying your taxes….. On EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER BOUGHT IN YOUR DAMN LIFE

• #4235968
                                                                                                                                                                                          Jackie1

Hoping we get updates tonight ….

• #4235642
                                                                                                                                                                                            LF

Someone had a ddd for 3/8***

• #4235629
                                                                                                                                                                                              LF

I got no updates but I saw on another thread someone for a few for 3/8. I had to send in more information to them so I won’t be seeing mine until probably may or June . If anyone ever had to send in more info to them ever how long did it take for you to get your money? Funny bc everything they asked for they should have already (ss cards for me and my son, birth certificates, and 1099s) . Been filing the same crap for years now nothing has changed.

• #4235503
                                                                                                                                                                                                Wheresmymoney

This is crazy i could really use MY money. Whats the hold up. Why is it taking so long. Sot my fed almost 3 wks ago.

• #4235389
                                                                                                                                                                                                  RHelg80
                                                                                                                                                                                                    @rhelg80

I have mine set to deposit directly to my checking account.

• #4235381
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Jackie1

Is anyone having their Jersey refund direct deposited onto a prepaid card? Mine suppose to go in my NetSpend. Just wondering if anyone else is. Or has anyone had theirs already deposited in a card? First time I’m doing it like this so I’m an wondering if it will come up to 2 days faster like they advertise…

• #4235377
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Jackie1

Filed Feb 5 finally showed processing on March 1st 2018 but nothing since .. I thought once it went to processing it would only be a day or two before I got a direct deposit date…guessing that’s out ! It really doesn’t need to take this long everything is done computer automated…… Jersey does this shit every year
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Well at least the last two or three years .. but as soon as ANYONE gets a DDD please post here. Thanks and good luck

• #4235367
                                                                                                                                                                                                        RHelg80
                                                                                                                                                                                                          @rhelg80

I haven’t found any evidence of anyone anywhere getting any update from NJ past “Processing.”

I mean, I haven’t found a lot of people posting anywhere (including here) about their NJ tax refunds but even so…

• #4235361
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Jackie

Still processing! Hoping for an update soon! BROKE!

• #4235359
                                                                                                                                                                                                            RHelg80
                                                                                                                                                                                                              @rhelg80

Anyone get an update yet? This is very frustrating.

• #4235242
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Rob

same

• #4234948
                                                                                                                                                                                                                PhickDiva

No update. I’ve been processing since the 1st.

• #4234870
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Njfiler

Did anyone update today at all? Or is everyone still processing

• #4234847
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    RHelg80
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      @rhelg80

@LF

Nope, never had to send in more info.

Did the website update for you with anything? I’m assuming not.

• #4234841
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      LF

Well I called in and I’m one of the unlucky 5% that is going to be sent out a letter for more information. The rep yesterday gave me all the codes I needed so I could just upload all my stuff already to be one of the first ones. So I did that last night. Now I have to wait 90 freaking days for them to review it. Crazy considering I’ve been filing the same return for about 5 years now.

Taking a long shot here but has anyone ever had to send them more info? And if you did how long did it take for your return yo get to you?

Really sucks bc I’m having a baby soon and really could have used the $ :(

• #4234648
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        RHelg80
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          @rhelg80

Well, I guess I was wrong. No update. Unbelievable.

I found my post from last year. My post was on 3/1/17, a Wednesday:

“We approved your refund in the amount of $X to be deposited into your bank account on 03/07/17. It can take up to five days to show in your bank account. If your refund doesn’t show in your bank account after 5 days, check the bank routing and account number reported on the bottom of your New Jersey state tax return.”

So they are tracking later/higher delay this year since pretty much everything was the same with my tax situation last year except I had to file multi-state this year. I could believe they might need some extra time to research the credit I am claiming against the taxes I paid to NYC, but even so, it doesn’t seem like anyone else got an update, so I am going to assume that they are just slower this year than last year.

• #4234154
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Rob

Nothing online yet for me either fucking nj

• #4233969
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            LF

So I called back just bc the first lady wasn’t giving me clear information. The 2nd person I spoke to was very nice. I asked her if I have a letter pending to be sent out like the last person told me and she told me there is noithing pending at all to be sent out to me and everything looks fine. WHAT THE HELL NEW JERSEY.

• #4233927
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              LF

Well I just called and talked to someone. The lady told me a letter will be sent out to me requesting more information. Funny bc I’ve had the same job and same dependents for about 5 years now. So I guess I’m screwed for a while. Good luck guys

• #4233826
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                LF

@RHelg80.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Yeah even the phone line that is supposed to give updates has no record on my boyfriend or my tax return. But the website does. So I hope your right

• #4233806
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  RHelg80
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    @rhelg80

@LF

No, I just think they suck at updating, frankly.

Based on what I remember of past years, I believe many of us will see movement on the site tomorrow and will get DDDs of next Thursday-ish.

That may be a little too optimistic, but I think NJ’s primary issue is poor communication.

• #4233804
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    LF

Do you think it’s going to take 4 weeks from the time we first got the processing message?! I been trying to call them all morning and the automated message keeps say that the volume of calls they are getting is too much for them to handle and then it hangs up

• #4233791
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      RHelg80
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        @rhelg80

I still have no update beyond processing.

To say I am frustrated is an understatement.

• #4233554
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        LF

Did anyone update today since today is March 1? Nothing here..

• #4232497
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Jackie

I filed Feb 5 was accepted by n.j on the 7th and it’s still saying they have no information on my refund… It’s taking sooooo long !!! Nj sux . If fed filing opens at the end of Jan then they know that’s when people start filing their taxes so why can’t they just get on board and start when fed starts so people get their money back together since they file it together. I mean come on it goes the same way every single year ….

• #4232465
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            LF

Whenever someone gets a ddd please post it. I filed 1/29 just updated to processing on the nj website on 2/24. This is the only nj forum I found for 2018

• #4231832
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Wheresmymoney

Thats crazy that its gonna take so long. What days do they update?

• #4231357
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Wheremybarsattho?

Nj online tracker says they didn’t even begin processing my refund yet.

NJ always sends them out around mid-march or so.

• #4231314
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Wheresmymoney

The site says it starts to send the1st of May will it update first? It shouldn’t take this long.

• #4229690
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    PhickDiva

Nope.

• #4229574
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      RHelg80
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        @rhelg80

I’ve been checking daily. The NJ site just updated today: My return is now in the “Processing” stage.

• #4226033
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        RHelg80
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          @rhelg80

@Frank Agreed. I had to file dual-state and got my NY refund in early Feb. To be honest, I didn’t even notice that I had gotten it until today (it was a tiny refund). NJ is so late, every year.

• #4226027
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Frank

I feel like NJ is one of the last states to start issuing refunds. Every year I see post about other states getting refunds in Jan. And feb. And we have to wait till march to get an update.

• #4226010
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Wheresmymoney

It says the samething for my refund. I was starting to get really worried. Happy i found this post

• #4224992
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              PhickDiva

No.

Viewing 123 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.