Missing Bars since Friday 2/9

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Missing Bars since Friday 2/9

• Topic Starter
    Michigangr
      @michigangr

Filed 1/18 accepted 1/19 lost bars 2/9. still have my tt 152 and amount and ssn and hoh status on the left. After numerous calls yesterday I gave the identity call today and this is what she told me
      So i called irs protection identity line just spoke to a Rep actually the first rep that sounded like she know what she was talking about Said i had an unstoppable issue and they send me a letter on 2/9 to verify Id. I asked her why if i had not had any changes, she said she seen it many returns the have this problem is due to the american opportunity credit that flags your return I said well nothings changed from previous i ask did it have anything to do with equifax breach she said No that breaches only affect their system like the one they had recently on fafsa. She said call as soon as i receive letter and that it doesn’t take as long the horrors people write about she said As soon as I verify that this was my return file they will release it she said there arent any other issues. I will sit and wait.

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Michigangr
          @michigangr

@sharin24 i am able to see mine but return says no tax filed account has all my information but on amount it has 0.00 as of date 2-12-18 and wages are blank ut that usually doesnt fill in until later in the year

Michigangr
            @michigangr

i am able to see mine but return says no tax filed account has all my information but on amount it has 0.00 as of date 2-12-18 and wages are blank ut that usually doesnt fill in until later in the year.

Sharon24

It won’t allow me to create an online account. It gets to send code and then never sends a code. I was able to order both online but from what I understand they could come blank. Ugh. This really is frustrating.

Michigangr
                @michigangr

@Sharon24 None here, uugghh this sucks.no letter no info on transcripts either. have you checked your transcripts?any info on them?

Sharon24

Any updates or letters @Glenn or @michigangr? I know it’s only 2 days but I’m getting impatient. Lol

Michigangr
                    @michigangr

@sharon24 i had this credit last year and i didn’t id verify uggghh!!!

Michigangr
                      @michigangr

@lol right!!!!

Sharon24

Yes, let’s keep each other posted. Damn college kids. Lol

Michigangr
                          @michigangr

@Glenn Thank you! same to you!

Glenn

Wish you luck, guys. I also claimed the American opportunity credit with TurboTax 1/31 accepted. Haven’t heard anything since – still on 1 bar with reference 152. Others are getting DDD and I still can’t get a transcript.

Michigangr
                              @michigangr

@Sharon24 well hopefully we get this “infamous letter” soon!!!! I was really looking foward for my refund in the next few days but i doubt that will happen.

Sharon24

I filed 2/1, accepted the same day. I used Turbo Tax. Lost bars 2/9

Glenn

Sharon, when did you file this year?

Sharon24

Hmm interesting. Thanks for passing on that info. I lost my bars on 2/9 too. I also have the American opportunity credit. I used same credit last year and had to verify. And what she said is true, once I verified last year it was about a week after I got a DDD.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.