March 6-12 filers. A thread for us

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season March 6-12 filers. A thread for us

• This topic has 90 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Dan.
  • Topic Starter
    Kyle
      @inkdbakr

I know it’s early but I wanted to start a thread for us to keep each other in the loop.
      Me:
      Filed 3/8
      Accepted 3/8
      Used H&R Block free version
      New York State
      EIC with 4 dependents
      Large refund

Viewing 89 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Dan

Filed Mar have 8th
          Today updated with no bars but still tax topic 152

Account transcript still blank

Anna
            @anna72

Update… Filed 3/12 Late in the evening. Accepted Same Day. One bar stating Refund in processing until 3/25/17 it updated to notice that I will receive refund 3/29. No adjustments.

Anna
              @anna72

Filed Fed. Taxes using TT and accepted on 3/12/17.
              WMR updated 3/13/17 stating in process and that’s where it’s been sitting ever since.
              EIC
              Self Employed & W2
              Itemized
              Tax Topic 152 Showing but I believe that shows up for everyone once the process has started.
              This is the first year mine has taken this long to process. Was hoping to have refund by 3/24/17 as cycle chart stated.

Angie

I filed March 9 and was accepted same day. Still no movement.

E

I got my Federal this morning !!! :D :D

See you all next year!

@Shelly

My CA returned stated a 2 month returned when I filed , it changed a day later, and I received my return in a week. Good Luck !

Shelly
                    @shelly21

I filed my CA state taxes March 7, 2017, and they were accepted the same day. I did e-file through the CA ftb website. I have not mailed in my federal taxes but they are completed. 😏 Procrastination. However, I had a 2 month message up until Wednesday this week on the 15th, it now reads : Please allow 1 month from the date you filed your return to complete process. Anyone have a change on their status like this?
                    No DD

Terry

My experience:

Filed through Turbo Tax 3/13
                      EITC, self employed, child credits
                      accepted 1 hour later
                      approved Friday (3/17) night, Saturday morning
                      Fees taken out of refund thru SBBT
                      Sbbt today showed p deposited at 11am central time (3/21)
                      refund sent to my bank and available at 3:00 central time today (3/21)
                      funds available since 3pm today
                      I used BlueBird Amex
                      My DDD is for tomorrow (3/22)
                      Hope this info helps the next person wondering. =)

Jane

Filed accepted 3/4. I hadnt updated at all still on 1 bar.

Just got thank you from TurboTax sayin congrats….

DOES THIS REALLY MEAN MY REFUND IS COMING??????

PLEASE ME KNOW….I GOT VERY EMOTIONAL…TEARS OFF JOY!!!!!!!!!

IF YALL GOT SAME EMAIL LET ME KNOW AND HOW LONG AFTER DID U GET DDD WMR

Angie

Still no update for me. And can’t order transcripts.

Filed and Accepted March 9

Monique

Upadate finally

Filed and accepted March 9
                            Approved March 18
                            Ddd March 21
                            1 dependent
                            W2 form

Aaron

Just checked WMR and refund is approved!

DDD by 3/22

Filed 3/8
                              Accepted 3/8
                              Transcripts available on 3/17
                              Refund approved 3/18

Single
                              No Dependents
                              Mortgage interest deduction
                              Claiming Casualty Losses from flood
                              Home Office credit
                              Energy credit
                              Employee expenses
                              Large refund

Travis

This blows. People filing a full week after me are receiving returns before I am? Makes no sense at all. WMR is never updated and I basically have to sit here and wait 21 days before I can get any help. Ridiculous

Kyle
                                  @inkdbakr

Woot woot congrats everyone. Relax time til next year haha. I doubt it will be sent earlier. I’ve never had a refund come earlier then scheduled. For the bulk of us the wait is over. For everyone else, hang in. It’s coming

E

Refund approved ! DDD 3/22 :D

Kyle was right ! LoL

Dee

I filed 3/7 and accepted 3/8. WMR still says it’s process.

I woke up this morning and checked my transcript.

I have an offset code 826, hold code 570 and notice code 971.
                                      At the top of the transcript it says processing date April 3 2017 and credit to account April 15, 2017. I don’t have an 846 code for refund issued.

Anyone know if I’ll receive refund on April 15?

Heather

I woke up this morning to the glorious message that my DD will be sent to my bank “By 3/22″…..so, maybe earlier?? I’m not complaining about the 22nd, just want it to arrive so things can be final :)

Kyle
                                          @inkdbakr

Woke up today with DDD of 3/22 which is exactly cycle date 20171105

Travis

John

How did you find out you needed the verification?

John

I got a letter in mail about 21 days after I field my taxes. Do t want to get your hopes down. Just giving you what I know from my experience in the same situation

Travis

John

How didn’t you find out you needed the verification?

Candy

Filed and accepted 3/7
                                                  No update, still one bar.
                                                  Looking at my past returns I always got my update on Saturday overnight and deposit that following Wednesday or Thursday. Last year I was able to order transcripts one day before WMR was updated with a date. Was just able to order return transcripts today.

Kyle how do you know your cycle date?

Aaron

Just checked and was able to view my return transcript. Cycle posted was 20171105.

John

Travis

Same thing happen to me.

I filed 2/2 and accepted same day bars disappeared on 2/8 and had the same message. Turn out my return was pulled for ID verify. Did that on 3/8 was able to order both transcripts this morning. So the nine week wait isn’t true. The longest wait will be for the letter you need to verify. Hope you get phone verify.

Travis

Filed with TT on 3/3, accepted same day. On 3/11 my bars disappeared with message your return is being processed you will be provided with an update when available. Also, not able to order the return transcripts by mail. Does anybody know if they do this by alphabetical order or something?

E

Kyle

Well… Hell … if you’re excited then I am too !! Haha (I’ll just take your word for it ) haha

Kyle
                                                            @inkdbakr

Google lol. 2017. The year. 11. The 11th week of the IRS processing cycle. 05. The 5th business day in the IRS process. Day 1 is Thursday. 2 is friday. 3 is monday. Etc :) so 20171105 is Wednesday deposit. Woot woot

E

Kyle

I have the same . What does that mean and how do you know this info ? Lol

Kyle
                                                                @inkdbakr

Cycle date on my refund is 20171105 so I’ll get a deposit Wednesday woot woot

E

Stephanie! Thank you for the positive vibes !

I was able to request transcripts online…..so tick tock…tick tock any minute now !

Taramg5

Filed 3/13
                                                                    DDD 3/21
                                                                    Woke up this morning to DDD of 3/21. I didn’t check wmr yesterday but I’m assuming it updated for me last night.

Filed my husbands the same day and no update for him.

Stephanie

GOOD MORNING ABD POSITIVE VIBES TO ALL!
                                                                      FILED 3/8 (AFTER 7PM so probably 3/9)
                                                                      ACCEPTED 3/10
                                                                      APPROVED 3/17
                                                                      DDD 3/21

Kyle
                                                                        @inkdbakr

The rumor is once you are able to order return transactions than your processing is done and should update soon. There’s a section on the IRS website to order them. I select the mail option as there’s less verification involved.

• #4191956
                                                                        Heather

Ugh, still no change :(

Is there a specifc wording on the WMR that shows you can request a transcript? What does that mean as far as processing status?

• #4191908
                                                                          Kyle
                                                                            @inkdbakr

It’s coming soon. I was able to order return transcript this morning.

• #4191857
                                                                            Kyle
                                                                              @inkdbakr

Awesome Asher. Nice fast turnaround for you

• #4191852
                                                                              Asher

Filed 3/11 (after 5p)
                                                                                Accepted 3/11
                                                                                Approved 3/16
                                                                                DDD- 3/20
                                                                                EITC, ACA penalty, no fees, HR Block online

State (CA) –
                                                                                Filed 3/11 (after 5p)
                                                                                Accepted 3/11
                                                                                Approved 3/13 w/ refund within 10days message.

• #4191816
                                                                                Heather

I meant to say that some calendars showed the 24th :) I can’t remember for sure but, I think I have had the deposit in the bank before the federal showed a DD date in past years. Fingers crossed :) I just always feel like I can put the tax returns behind me once the deposits are there without problem. Until then, I keep my filebox sitting on my desk :(

• #4191806
                                                                                  Kyle
                                                                                    @inkdbakr

No new news for me. Filed and accepted the 8th. Still at “received / processing” message. Unable to order refund transcripts either. I saw a calendar that said 17th and one that said 24-27th. I do know that even if approved today we probably wouldn’t have a deposit until Monday. My past experience is deposit 4 days after approval.

• #4191804
                                                                                    Heather

So, I filed on 3/10 and both state (KY) and Federal were accepted on 3/10. (Filed around 5pm eastern time).
                                                                                      Today, my state has updated to say that a direct deposit has been authorized and I should receive it within 10 days (this usually takes way less YAY!)
                                                                                      My Federal hasn’t updated past we have received and are processing. I have checked several of the online refund calendars. Some say that I should receive on the 17th if accepted before 11am on Saturday, March11. Others say the 17th. I’m hoping the earlier option. Anyone else from my timeframe have any info.

• #4191783
                                                                                      Angie

Filed and accepted March 9 and still at one bar with tax topic 152.
                                                                                        Used TT

• #4191778
                                                                                        Kyle
                                                                                          @inkdbakr

Still at one bar here. Still processing

• #4191779
                                                                                          Kyle
                                                                                            @inkdbakr

Still at one bar here. Still processingand still not able to order return transcript

• #4191769
                                                                                            Carolyn

Filed and Accepted on March 11 today March 16th & still on 1 bar tax topic 152. Just wanna stay updated with everyone else who filed around this time..

• #4191747
                                                                                              Aaron

Filed 3/8 with TurboTax
                                                                                                Accepted 3/8
                                                                                                Still one bar
                                                                                                Tax Topic #152

Single
                                                                                                No dependents
                                                                                                Mortgage interest deduction
                                                                                                Claiming Casualty Losses from flood
                                                                                                Large refund

• #4191729
                                                                                                Anonymous

Still one bar 152 topic
                                                                                                  I dependent… Wmr lol
                                                                                                  Hr block online

• #4191728
                                                                                                  Anonymous

Still one bar 152 topic
                                                                                                    I dependent… Wmr lol

• #4191721
                                                                                                    E

Received CA Refund this morning !

• #4191455
                                                                                                      Kyle
                                                                                                        @inkdbakr

UPDATE:
                                                                                                        No update yet :-P

• #4191405
                                                                                                        SHAKYA

MY RETURN WAS ACCEPTED 3/6 AND I HAVE A DIRECT DEPOSIT DATE OF 3/14 AS OF 3/10, I HAVE AN EIC W/ 2 DEPENDENTS

• #4191370
                                                                                                          Kyle
                                                                                                            @inkdbakr

No new update for me. Still one bar, still pending. Able to order account transcript but not return transcript yet

• #4191254
                                                                                                            sandy

My DD is PENDING for the 15th in my Credit Union this morning. They NEVER release funds early :(

• #4191223
                                                                                                              chicky

Jane–if you have to pay the insurance penalty, that should be factored into your refund amount already. I didn’t have insurance for two months and when I entered that info my refund amount went down *sigh*. But after I filed/sent it to the IRS, everything went fine.

In fact, I came back to say that it’s Sunday 3/12 and at 9pm my prepaid card was loaded with my refund even though the official DDD is 3/15. (Filed 3/3). I’d suggest using one of these cards if you want to get the refund that much sooner. Mine is the PayPal prepaid one.

Good luck everyone!

• #4191162
                                                                                                                Kyle
                                                                                                                  @inkdbakr

Jane-
                                                                                                                  I’m not sure how the whole insurance penalty works or if it delays the process. I have no update yet and am not able to order return transcripts. I also only just filed on the 8th.

• #4191160
                                                                                                                  Kyle
                                                                                                                    @inkdbakr

Kate-
                                                                                                                    Thanks for the info :)

• #4191150
                                                                                                                    kate

Kyle- i have one dependent and EIC. could be a total coincidence but anytime I filed in March, I got the refund within 9/10 days. took longer if I filed in February.

• #4191142
                                                                                                                      Jane

HELP WITH ADVICE FROM MY FELLOW IRS FAMILY…..THX IN ADVANCE!!!

PAID TURBO TAX
                                                                                                                        FILED 3/4/17
                                                                                                                        RECIEVED & ACCEPTED 3/4/17
                                                                                                                        VERY SIMPLE RETURN
                                                                                                                        SINGLE
                                                                                                                        NO DEPENDENTS
                                                                                                                        NO EIC
                                                                                                                        ONLY THING IS NO INSURANCE PENALTY SO NOT SURE HOW THAT WORKS
                                                                                                                        ……ON WMR I’M ON 1 BAR/RECIEVED SO IN
                                                                                                                        EXACT WORDING…. IT SAYS RETURN RECIEVED AND IS BEING PROCESSED. I HAVE TAX TOPIC 152.
                                                                                                                        ANY THOUGHTS NEIGHBORS?

• #4191124
                                                                                                                        Kyle
                                                                                                                          @inkdbakr

Lovey30 congrats

• #4191114
                                                                                                                          Lovey30

Hey guys 3/7 filer here:
                                                                                                                            Filed:3/7
                                                                                                                            Accepted: 3/7
                                                                                                                            DDD: 3/15

EITC, 1 dependent, IRS ID PIN used.

• #4191080

Has anyone gotten message “There is a Delay in Processing Your Return” Reference # 1541?

• #4191069
                                                                                                                            Kyle
                                                                                                                              @inkdbakr

Wow Kate. That was fast. Any dependents or credits?

• #4191063
                                                                                                                              Kate

woke up to two bars and a DDD of 3/15!
                                                                                                                                I could order my return transcript yesterday, but I didn’t put too much faith into it.

(filed and accepted 3/7)

• #4191055
                                                                                                                                Jane

Filed 3/4 and didnt update….still 1 bar tt 152. Maybe 2morrow??? What yall think???

• #4191033
                                                                                                                                  chicky

Same as Sandy (exc single HoH w/ EIC) big update earlier this morning and now have two bars and a DDD of 3/15! (filed 3/3)

Now to hope everything goes well with the deposit, sheesh!

• #4191028
                                                                                                                                    sandy

forgot to add.. I ordered my transcripts by MAIL
                                                                                                                                      and I have 2 BARS now.
                                                                                                                                      Also Identity theft 2 years ago so had a special PIN

• #4191026
                                                                                                                                      sandy

I got my DDD this morning for 3/15 YEAH!!

TT
                                                                                                                                        3/3 filed
                                                                                                                                        3/3 approved
                                                                                                                                        married filing joint
                                                                                                                                        3/10 ordered transcripts
                                                                                                                                        3/11 DDD of 3/15

• #4190912
                                                                                                                                        E

FED Filed 3/8 Accpeted 3/8
                                                                                                                                          FED Filed 3/8 Accepted 3/9 California
                                                                                                                                          Education Credit
                                                                                                                                          2 Dep NON EIC

*California Note*
                                                                                                                                          On 3/9 I got the 2 month wait status. I was sh*tting bricks as I’ve noticed that some CA residents have been waiting since January for an update. This morning 3/10 , CA return was approved !! There’s hope CA people …THERE IS HOPE !!!!

• #4190869
                                                                                                                                          chicky

thanks lemonyfresh, that helps a lot!

I can order my return transcript by mail….that means they’re done processing it right? still at one bar, still have tax refund 152 message.

• #4190857
                                                                                                                                            lemonyfresh

My son and I filed 3/2, and accepted by IRS 3/2.
                                                                                                                                              His, single, EZ, by 3/5 had DDD of 3/9, got cash in credit union 3/8.

Everyday I checked WMR, i had one bar, topic 152, and refund amount.
                                                                                                                                              Me, 1040A, first yr with new address and married filing sep. no eic. very straight forward return.

Yesterday, on 3/9, I found the bars missing, topic 152 gone, return amount gone; just a “still processing” message. I was panicked.

This morning 3/10, I checked WMR to find 2 bars, with full return amount back and a DDD of 3/14. Yay.

Hope this helps someone. Have hope and good luck.

• #4190837
                                                                                                                                              Jared

Sandy, fiked same as you but on 3/2.
                                                                                                                                                Still only at one bar with no DDD…

• #4190826
                                                                                                                                                sandy

used TT
                                                                                                                                                  filed 3/3
                                                                                                                                                  accepted 3/3
                                                                                                                                                  married filing joint
                                                                                                                                                  WMR still at 1 bar
                                                                                                                                                  finally can order both transcripts by mail this morning
                                                                                                                                                  will I get a DDD tomorrow?

• #4190776
                                                                                                                                                  Kyle
                                                                                                                                                    @inkdbakr

No changes for me yet but then again it’s only been two days :-)

• #4190770
                                                                                                                                                    KJ

I like to think that tax topic 152 means that I should recieve a refund if nothing is found during processsing. I want it to stay on 152 until it changes to a direct deposit date, lol.

Some ppl who filed the same day I did, already have DDDs. But, everyone’s situation is different. I try to remain positive about it because they claim to process it in 21 days, most get it wayyy before then. We are spoiled, lol.

• #4190766
                                                                                                                                                      chicky

Tax topic 152 means definite refund, right?

• #4190736
                                                                                                                                                        KJ

Filed on March 4th
                                                                                                                                                          Turbotax with fees
                                                                                                                                                          EIC with one dependent
                                                                                                                                                          Education credit
                                                                                                                                                          No offsets

Still on tax topic 152. I was told that WMR updates on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Hoping we all see a positive update maybe this upcoming Saturday.

• #4190734
                                                                                                                                                          chicky

Yup, a two more people on Igotmyrefund’s Facebook page filed on 3/2 and 3/3, both got a DDD of 3/10.

I’m going to stop looking because I’m starting to feel sick. Just gonna hope that it’s like last year and the deposit will just show up tomorrow instead of a problem. :(

• #4190222
                                                                                                                                                            chicky

And Kate I never know what they mean by “big update”, the WMR site itself says it’s “updated no more than once every 24 hours, usually overnight.”

The person I’m referencing saw an update today (thursday). So…??

• #4190219
                                                                                                                                                              chicky

Saw someone who filed on 3/4 got a DDD of 3/13. So of course now I’m afraid there’s a problem for me because I didn’t get any update at all, ugh.

• #4190129

Nothing on mine. One bar tax topic 152…Gotta love government

• #4190104
                                                                                                                                                                Jared

Filed 3/2 with turbo tax.
                                                                                                                                                                  Accepted same day. Still only 1 bar on wmr… Hoping for a quick turn around!

• #4190099
                                                                                                                                                                  kate

Filed and Accepted 3/7
                                                                                                                                                                    EIC 1 dependent.
                                                                                                                                                                    NJ

I’ve heard the big updates are wednesdays and saturdays?? correct if i’m wrong!

• #4190095
                                                                                                                                                                    kate

filed and accepted 3/7
                                                                                                                                                                      EIC 1 dependent
                                                                                                                                                                      WMR is at one bar

i think there’s a big update wednesdays and saturdays?? correct me if i’m wrong!

In past years, I’ve gotten my refund quicker when I filed in early march vs. early february.. so we’ll see.

• #4190091
                                                                                                                                                                      Anna
                                                                                                                                                                        @martinez00anita

Posting for my sister:

Filed and accepted 3/8
                                                                                                                                                                        No credits
                                                                                                                                                                        Single
                                                                                                                                                                        H&R Block Free
                                                                                                                                                                        CA

I got the following message for my state taxes(I can’t believe processing will take two months!):
                                                                                                                                                                        We received your 2016 California Income Tax return on: Wednesday, March 08, 2017.

We are processing your return at this time. Please allow the following timeframes for processing to be completed:

2 months from the date you e-filed your return.

4 months from the date you mailed your return.

If we make adjustments to your return, we will notify you by mail.

• #4190086
                                                                                                                                                                        chicky

Nothing new here either. Still at one bar. This time of year makes me so nervous :(

• #4190059
                                                                                                                                                                          Kyle
                                                                                                                                                                            @inkdbakr

None for me but I just filed yesterday. Return received and topic 152. Status showed up on WMR minutes after I was accepted.

• #4190056
                                                                                                                                                                            Jane

Updates anyone?

• #4189957

Filed 3/3, TurboTax, accepted same day. Had Education credits as Head of Household w/ 1 dependent One bar right now…..
                                                                                                                                                                              Last year I filed January 29 and it was a NIGHTMARE Got pulled in one of the first batches and had to get a Tax Advocate. I waited this year and am PRAYING for quick turn around!

• #4189900
                                                                                                                                                                              chicky

Yes, it was always like that for me, around 11,12 days. Last year I was shocked and now I’m just hoping for a repeat lol.

• #4189889
                                                                                                                                                                                Kyle
                                                                                                                                                                                  @inkdbakr

The average wait time for me every year is between 11 and 13 days from the day I file to the day I get my refund in my account

• #4189878
                                                                                                                                                                                  chicky

Can I join up with you guys? I’ve not seen a thread for anyone in March and was starting to feel lonely.

Filed 3/3
                                                                                                                                                                                    Accepted 3/3
                                                                                                                                                                                    Used efile.com
                                                                                                                                                                                    NJ
                                                                                                                                                                                    Head of Household
                                                                                                                                                                                    EIC with 1 dependents
                                                                                                                                                                                    No offsets acc to hotline
                                                                                                                                                                                    Refund to Paypal Prepaid/Bancorp

As of today 3/8 I have one WMR bar, tax refund 152 msg.

Last year I got my refund in 6 days and never got past one bar. Couldn’t order transcripts either. I’m praying that this year works out the same!

• #4189841
                                                                                                                                                                                    Jane

Filed and accepted 3/4
                                                                                                                                                                                      No credits
                                                                                                                                                                                      When do u think we will get updated saying approved?

Viewing 89 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                  • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.