Mailed refund checks

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Mailed refund checks

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Bill.
  • Topic Starter
    Lucy burke

Does anyone know when refund checks are mailed out? They usually mail them on fridays but for some reason this year it has a mail date

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Bill

my info is for 2/22ers – 26thers should add 5 business days and call on the 3rd…

Bill

usually 2-3 days after the checks are cut, and they were either sent yesterday or this morning… If you haven’t seen your check by the 27th, call the treasury – not the irs – and ask about your “Disbursement” not your “Refund” – it’ll be less confusing to the phone staff that way…
            :)

credit-karma
              @creditkarma

Me too. First year to get refund by mail check. I was asking for direct deposit but get check instead. Do not know why. Refund will mail on Feb 26. I wonder how long does it take to actually received it. Any idea?

Missj

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

This will help you screen your incoming mail

Lucy burke

This is my 2nd year getting a mailed check but usually wmr says it will be mailed on such and such date. Now its saying mailed by. So I guess were just waiting on that 3rd bar to appear

* Kayla *
                    @keithandkayla

Mine also has a mail date. Actually, it says “scheduled to be mailed by February 26, 2018”. Hoping it comes a bit sooner because my work schedule keeps me from being able to check my PO box Thursday through Saturday.

Let’s keep each other updated on 3rd bar and when they are actually received. Maybe we can nail this down for others.

Michigan79

We are having ours mailed too ? Not sure why . We asked for direct deposit. Happened to us last year too. We have a mail date of February the 26th ? I thought last year it was mailed on a Friday ? Not sure tho

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.