Letter from IRS about form 1095-a

• Creator

My fiancee got a letter from the IRS yesterday saying that he did not include his 1095-a for the marketplace insurance. So we printed it out and faxed it to them this morning. The lady on the phone was not very helpful. She just kept referring us to the letter stating that it would take 6-8 weeks. I am sure it will not take that long being that it was not an amended return but yet a simple mistake. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue and how long do you think it will take to get itself worked out?

The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 230 total)
  • Author

Bruno bermudez

I need all you guys help im trying to obtain a home loan and they meed my 2014 tramscripts today i fax my 1095A and 8962 form to this fax #559–456-7233. Can you please advise me if i should mail it as well and provide me with an address??? Or any other fax where i should send it?
    By the way i sent the forms with a fax cover amd my name and social on too of each lage
    Please advise guys. My family amd I need a home asap

Update: Finally can see my transcripts! Refund date of 5/18/15! Accepted 2/18! Only took them 3 months! WMR still says processing…

Does anyone know if that is the date I’ll get my refund? Could I get it sooner?

4/25: WMR bars returned with DDD of 4/29 so there is hope. Guess we just have to wait longer these days.

Filed and accepted: 2/20
    WMR bars disappeared: 3/13
    Received 2 letters requesting 1095-a (slightly different return addresses): 3/31
    Mailed two 1095-a’s: 4/1
    Nothing heard since – what is going on? They said it could take 6-8 weeks more.

Dennis C

I filed and accepted 3/31, bars disappeared 4/17, currently at “still processing, a refund date will be given when available” , received letter today 4/23 that they need a copy of my 1095-a to support my 8962 and then it will be 6-8 weeks after they receive. Well, now I have realized that my fax I sent cover sheet was blank and my 1095-a’s didn’t have our SSN on them on each page like it asked. Can I just re-fax everything or can I call and them let me know? Thanks

Filed on 2/3. Accepted 2/4. Received a letter on 3/23 asking for my 1095. Faxed to IRS on 3/24. Have heard nothing since. I have been filing income taxes since 1987 and have never had a problem until this year because of the 1095. Why are we being punished for their stupidity? UGH!!!1

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me. I filed and then was accepted 2/18. Couple of weeks later my bars disappeared. I waited….tried calling, couldn’t get through. Finally, I was told I would be receiving a letter, because my 8962 & 1095 didn’t match. I took over a week to get the letter. Faxed the 1095 electronically, but I didn’t get a confirmation. I contacted fax provider who said on their end it was successfully sent. Two weeks later, no changes, so I call the IRS yesterday. They tell me they have no record of receiving the fax, but it is likely it is still being processed and wouldn’t show up until they’re done. Basically, just wait! I told the lady, but what if you didn’t get it? Should I resend by fax or email? She was like NO! Don’t do that.

So what are my options? I don’t want to wait another 3 weeks to find out they don’t have my info! This is so frustrating.

I don’t know how to fill out the 8962 is it necessary for me to send the 8962? Can I just send the 1095? Did anyone just send the 1095 and got their tax return processed and received their refund? Please advise

Will you give me the fax number provided on your letter? They have mailed me my letter three times and I have not received it and the person on the phone could not find the fax number to give me. Thank you in advance.

@ robert j,

That code will be pertaining to the letter you received about needing the 1095.

Filed 2/19
    Received letter 3/10
    Faxed back 3/11
    Able to see transcripts 4/3 (code 570)
    WMR updated 3/10 with DDD 3/14
    Received refund 3/14

Robert J

Good morning, faxed 1095A and 8962 3 weeks ago. Finally able to see transcriots with the following codes and I was wondering pertaining to the notice issued and the date being 4-27 does this mean a second notice was issued for a different reason ?

WMR states due date of 4/15/15. Transcript stated 4/27/15. It’s almost over. Process started March 4, 2015. Pretty much 6 weeks to the day to get processed. Just happy it’s finally over. And I didn’t sign up for Obamacare for 2015.

Update: Check my transcript today. Code 846 with refund date of 4/27/15. WMR shows still processing. I’m just happy this almost over. My refund wasn’t decreased due to forms 1095 and 8962….

@Sondra, congrats to you..my transcript updated on yesterday and gave me a refund date for April 27, 2015 as well..Checked WMR this morning and a deposit date is April 13..your transcript will tell you that date but WMR should be updated for you tomorrow and it should give you a direct deposit date for April 14 or 15..

Checked my transcripts this morning and got the highly anticipated 571 and 846 for 4/27/15

Filed 1/31
    Accepted 2/5
    Recd part of my refund–EIC and tax overpayment -3/4
    Did not get premium tax credit. No letter recd yet. WMR says processing and under review.
    Called the number listed with code 1242 and still no closer to understanding why or what if any addtl information is needed. Anyone with the same experience?

Yesterday I was FINALLY able to view my transcripts.. And I had the wonderful 846 code with a date of 4/27/15 beside it!!! Refund issued!! They increased my refund by a whooping $22.. I’d rather they had kept that $22 and saved me the stress and aggravation…

Today WMR updated, my bars are back and a DDD 4/10/2015!! Woohoo!! This whole process took 58 days for me. 2 days short of 2 months..

Praying y’all get an update this week as well!

I do have a new phone number to reach a live person if y’all want to give it a shot 1-800-829-0582 ext 332 with reference code 9021.

Hang in there everyone!

@Angie, http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

You can get your codes by viewing your transcripts, if they’re available.

Hi. What site is giving you codes? I faxed in my 1095 and 8962 forms on March 4 and I haven’t been able to get any information. I spoke to rep trying to get an update yesterday,and she said she was transferring me to someone who could give me an update. She sent me to a recorded message. I thought that was so mean…

@Sondra, yes, I got code 846. When WMR a updated I also had a DDD 4/8. I just checked my bank account and my money was deposited. I am so glad this is over! Hopefully you’ll get yours soon!

Hello everyone. Hope you ask had a fabulous Easter…

The irs does not update on Sunday and Monday.

I still have the 570 code. No 846 yet….I’m hoping soon being that the last rep I talked to told me if I didn’t get my refund by April 13 to call. The 13 is Monday. After doing further research I found that any refund with 5 digits had to be mailed which means longer processing.

@ stevie…. did u get the 846 code?

Congrats to u both @ Sondra n @ Stevie, I know it’s been a long progress and I’m still playing the waiting game.
    @ Nani, congrats to you too..it seems like yours progressed very quickly. I’m so pissed because when the representative told me I can fax mines without he letter, and a whole month, nobody can tell me anything that my fax was received.. so I talked to a real nice representative on Thursday and she told me that the reason why they didn’t receive mine, because I did it without the letter. So i faxed it the right way and pray that I hear something real soon..so stressed!!!

Hey, ya’ll. I’ve been following this thread for about a while now but haven’t commented yet. I just wanted to give my timeline of how long it took me to ( finally ) get my refund back.

02/05: Filed electronically through TurboTax
    02/06: Accepted by the IRS
    02/27: Called the IRS after waiting the typical 21 days it takes to get your refund, but was unable to get an actual person on the phone through the given phone number on the IRS website. I tried this number several times over the next few days and was never able to reach a person. At this point the bars on the WMRT were gone.
    03/03: Through scouring the forums for Turbo Tax support, I found a different customer service number for the IRS and was told by a representative that I had been “randomly selected for further review” and that my taxes could take an additional 2 weeks to process.
    03/18: Called the IRS back to find out where my refund was since an additional 2 weeks had passed. Was told by a representative that a letter had been sent out to me a week prior and that I should be receiving it soon. She would not tell me what the letter was about.
    03/20: Received the letter that asked to send the IRS a 1095-A form ( nothing else was requested ). I faxed the form the same day, making sure to put all the required info on the cover sheet and my SNN on each page.
    03/27: Called the IRS again to confirm they received my fax. I was told they did indeed receive it and that I should be getting my refund on 04/17 or sooner and to call back if I did not get it by then. The representative actually told me I would -either- be getting my refund on the 17th, or another letter requesting more info. She also said that once the forms are received by fax, it takes up to 10 days to process them and it can possibly take another 6-8 weeks to get my refund. This was also stated in the letter I received on 03/20.
    04/03: Bars reappeared on WMRT, with a DDD of 04/06.
    04/04: My tax return was already in my bank account as “pending for 04/06”, however the funds are already available.

I hope this helps in any way. The terrible part is the waiting, but they are working on it. The “other” number I called to reach the IRS was 1-800-829-3903, not the one listed on the IRS website. I was lucky enough to get people on the phone each time who actually seemed willing to help out. I really hope the rest of ya’ll get some answers soon and that your refunds come through! Much luck and Happy Easter!

Still no update for me :( Trannies still say n/a for 2014 except for 1 W2 on Wage. Congrats to those that have received an update. Praying for those of us that are still waiting.. Hope everyone has a Happy Easter!

Thought I’d come moan here again.
    Filed accepted 1-23
    2-26 told on the phone to wait for letter, no we can’t tell you what the letter is about
    3-4 got letter, faxed it back same day
    4-3 called “we haven’t received any fax and it’s been 4 weeks so you can send it again.
    No Thank you
    4-6 send it registered/certified mail on Monday, then what, wait another 8-12 weeks? Sure why not

Here’s my update:

Able to see transcripts today (April 3). Code 570 additional account action pending date 4/20/15 …

@sondra Thanks. WMR a hasn’t updated for me…still no bars but it has the tax topic. I got my date from the transcripts. If yours was completed on the 27th of March then you should be right there with me because I think mine was completed about the same time.

@ stevie

Congratulations! Did u get you ddd from wmr or a representative?

Finally something good to report!

F/A via CPA 2/16
    LTR 12C recieved on 3/9
    Faxed on 3/9 and 3/10
    Wording on WMR changed 2/28
    4/3 able to view all transcripts but still no bars on WMR

DDD 4/20

I’m hoping that it will deposit sooner than 4/20, next week would be awesome.

@Kelly, please wait to fax your forms in because I talked to a n IRS Rep. today n she told me to fax my forms in with my letter because it have a batch number on them so they can go to the correct Dept. Don’t forget to fax your cover sheet with your SSN number on all sheets faxed!!!

@Kelly, Yes i think that would be the best thing to do. When you fax make sure you have a copy of your name and ssn number on the top of both sheets, because that’s where i messed up at. I only had my information on just the top sheet, so they know they r both together.

@Sondra, You’re probably so right because I did fax mine on two different days, but wouldn’t someone at least see my fax? I’m able to see my transcripts but 2014 is still saying N/A. To me If the representative said your information was completed on March 27, it seems like they should know the refund date also.

I filed with turbo tax and refund was accepted on Jan 23, 2015. Nothing else happened on my account an called Irs end of Jan to be told I should have received letter asking for form 1095 they said give it longer to get to me. Called back a 2/25/2015 and they said they would request letter be reset to me and need to give new letter up to a month to get to me. Still no letter. It’s been more than 30 days on hold now (already over an hr). Does anyone know if I could just print out 8962 and fill it out and fax it with my 1095 without having copy of letter from irs? So frustrated!! Any advice????

@ Netra

I faxed mine 2x (in the same day, one after the other to be sure it was sent). If u faxed them on different days then yes, it may slow up the process a bit because they may think the 2nd form is a corrected form.

Personally, I haven’t seen any movement online. Transcripts still won’t let me in and wmr just had my amount and topic 152. The last rep I talked to said everything was completed March 27, but didn’t have any other information.

@stevie, thanks so much for that information. I filed on 2/2 and was accepted the same day. My bars went away on 2/21 with a tax topic 152. Called IRS on 2/25 after my 21 days was up n he told me that they was sending out a letter concerning my 1095 form. So i asked what the fax number was n he gave me the wrong number, thanks to him, because after i called back three days later to see if they received it which was 3/5, the lady put me on hold, came back and asked me what number i faxed it to, and i told her that the guy i spoke to the other day gave me 800-204-5017 n she said she don’t know where he got that number from. She gave me the correct number 800-204-5020. It will be 4 weeks tomorrow and they told me it will take up to 4 weeks to process from the time they receive my fax. Guess what? As of yesterday, they don’t see where i faxed it in, n she said it’s still sitting in the errors department.This is complete BS. My twins are graduating from High School on May 17. I think i need to call a Tax Advocate. I’m just having headaches behind this. Different representatives telling me different things.

@Netra, sorry I can’t help you. The only thing I can tell you is that the 12C letter days it could be delayed if you mail it after you fax it. So I’m not sure if it will delay if you fax it twice.

@julianna scott: You need to see about getting a tax advocate. I won’t comment on your frustrations that are directed at those of us who filed after you.

No real update on my situation. I did notice on Saturday that a 1099 was added to the Wage & Income transcript….still 2 W2s missing. On WMR, I noticed that the wording changed and Tax Topic 152 is back. I’m hoping that’s a good sign.

Can anyone tell me will there be a processing delay if i faxed my 1095 forms more than once?

julianna scott

hello I filed January 6th yes you read that right JANUARY 6th I was accepted the 13th my cp letter was mailed to the wrong address on the 20th of January. I patiently waited the 21 days before calling to be informed of the cp letter and the agent told me to mail in my 8962 form for the 1095. So I mailed it on the 6th they got it on the 10th of FEB. They could not acknowledge they received it until the 17th of February. On March 20th we received a letter at our correct address that they received our forms and need another forty days. I pretty began the tax season and will close the season while still waiting. And yes I call every so often. And yes my taxes are basic just like last year. And no I cannot see my transcript nor order the 2014. How sad irs. I was read my letter after I had mailed and on the letter it states to NOT fax them if you already mailed them. So yeah thanks agent who told me to mail it I am sure many people have gotten theirs already and others complain when they send theirs in March when I sent my taxes before they even opened.

I called the irs today and spoke with a nice representative that told me that everything was complete, but he couldn’t tell me exactly when I would receive my refund or be able to see my transcripts. He said he didn’t want to lie to me or give me any wrong information. He did said that I should get my refund within 4 weeks of from the date they completed everything (which was March 27) and to expect my refund by April 27. The past rep told me by April 13 (which is 4 weeks from the date they received the 1095).

Complete meaning what though???

@grace Thanks.. No update yet…. fingersX Really could use it… The house we are renting has been foreclosed. And we only found out because the auction was held in front of our house this past Friday!! Ridiculous! Our landlord, or should I say former landlord, couldn’t even give us a heads up! So looks like we’ll be moving VERY soon. Could really use my refund now, especially since I most likely lost my deposit on this house!!

@ Cyndi thank you! I’m sending positive vibes your way for an update.

Finally transcripts update with 570 and 971 code mailed 1095a copy to irs last week. Anyone else that has had the 570 and 971 codes on their transcript got a refund or a 846 code yet? Or know what the 570 code is for? Does it have something to do with the 12c letter and them wanting the 1095a form sent?

@grace Congrats!! You are giving me hope! Since your process is pretty much exactly a week ahead of me, I’m hoping that I’ll get updates this coming week!

@LadyT I had the same issue!! Try one of these numbers 1-855-262-0485 or 1-855-204-5020 An IRS rep gave them to me when I called asking for a new one! Hope this helps!

Here was my situation, filed on 02/05 accepted 02/06. Bars disappeared 02/25 and received notice for 1095a and form 8962 on 03/02. I faxed in the forms that same day. Yesterday I was FINALLY able to view my transcripts. WMR still showed no update. I think to myself I doubt they made any changes on a Saturday, well sure enough. …WMR updated overnight and states my deposit date is on April 1st!!!! Finally! !!! I hope everyone sees some type of movement today! !!

I got a letter stating they needed my 1095 and I had 10 days to respond. Well I was one of the ones that Healthcare.gov processed and incorrect 1095 so they had to correct and resend it. I received the letter 10 days after I was suppose to send it to IRS. The number they told me to fax it to stays busy, I have tried to fax it several times and it stays busy. Anyone have a working fax number?

Again no update for me… ugh!!! I called again today… was on hold for 1 1/2 hours!! No info.. he verified that they did receive the form I faxed over then told me that they had 10 business days to work on it from the day they received it.. I said those 10 days have passed and then he was at a loss and said he was going to look further into my account and put me on hold for 5+ minutes. When he came back he told me that my file is out of errors and back in processing and should receive an update soon. but wouldn’t tell me when… Hoping he was telling me the truth and not making something up to get me off the phone.

Was finally able to see my transcripts :) cycle code 20151205. 846 04/13/15…. FINALLY movement. It does show that my offset had already been applied to the 2012 year. I hope everyone has some type of movement today :)

Still no updates here either :( 8 weeks since f/a and 3 weeks since faxing info over! Sooooo frustrating!! I wish I could actually see my transcripts… but it just has N/A for 2014!

@Sondra I’m sorry to hear about your situation… did you consider getting a TA? They might be able to help move things along for you. I would talk to a rep about it, maybe, if you get a nice rep, they can help you decide if it’ll help.

Correction received* and I’m* damn auto correct

@ Sondra still no update for me as well. I’ve called multiple times. I faxed the forms on 03/02 and a week after called to confirm they’ve received, but there was no update. I still can’t view my transcripts and WMR still says processing with no bars. It’s been 24 days since they’ve revived my forms :( in so frustrated.

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 230 total)

The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.