Letter 4464C

• Creator
    Topic

Leslie

Received a letter 4464C from the IRS today. It states that my return was selected for further review and there was nothing for me to do. Also stated that it could take 60 days for me to get my refund. The letter was dated 2/3…the first day I could access my account transcripts. Nothing has changed with my WMR…it still says processing, 1 bar and topic 152. Has anyone else received on of these letters? And if you have, does it really take 60 days to receive your refund?

The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Cindy
    @cynthiag

@ Gabriel did you get a tax advocate ?

Anyone else with an update?
    I’m still in the same stage the waiting stage
    Hopefully I’ll get some new news after the 4th of July

Gabriel

** UPDATE WITH DDD**

Filed & accepted 1/26
    Ordered account transcript 2/3
    Return transcript not available
    Received 4464c letter 2/9 dated 2/3
    Still at one bar w/ tax topic 152
    Message ” your tax return is still being processed”.
    Bars disappeared 2/15
    Order return transcript 2/18
    Message changed to “We have received your tax return and it is being processed”. 2/18
    Still no bars & tax topic disappeared
    Cycle code 20170705
    60 days been up
    Received letter to turn im verification the begjnning of may
    Turned my info in the last week on may
    6/15 got a lettèr saying they received my info
    6/18 checked my refund status & got a ddd for 6/21 finally

msnicki
    @nicki2u

I got the same letter a whole month after I faxed in my stuff. Saying that they received my information on 4-4-17 and will get back to me by 6-18-17. So we just sit and wait and wait and wait.

Cindy
    @cynthiag

Anyone got an update?
    Received letter on may 15th and stated they have received my information if they need more they would contact me by 7-04-2017 so I guess I have to wait

Cindy
    @cynthiag

Well called again just told me that I have to wait till may 22nd to get my letter ordered transcript and it states that a notice was sent
    On April 10th which was that they needed the proof so now I wait. Anyone have any updates or their return dd

Gabriel

Filed & accepted 1/26
    Ordered account transcript 2/3
    Return transcript not available
    Received 4464c letter 2/9 dated 2/3
    Still at one bar w/ tax topic 152
    Message ” your tax return is still being processed”.
    Bars disappeared 2/15
    Order return transcript 2/18
    Message changed to “We have received your tax return and it is being processed”. 2/18
    Still no bars & tax topic disappeared
    Cycle code 20170705
    60 days been up
    No letter nor any updates on transcripts
    Still no bars just the processing message

Cindy
    @cynthiag

Any updates ? I called on April 20th to ask if they received my information they said I have to wait for another letter on or about may 21st!!

Denise

So I called AGAIN today. Got a rep with the nastiest attitude (Mrs. Moore). Not only was she extremely condescending, but the information she gave me was inconsistent with the information I’ve been giving the last three times I’ve called (3 months, 1 call a month). So now, supposedly, I’m supposed to be waiting 30 days from March 25. Mind you, I filed BEFORE tax season even opened and it ends TOMORROW. So beyond frustrated.

I refuse to go through this next year. Changed my tax status to exempt today since I get all my taxes back every year anyway. Let them wait for me next year.

Jane

I noticed folks that recieved 4464c notice mention faxing W2 etc. The info requested was it on the notice? I needed no more info. So trying to narrow down what it could be.

Tp

Wow guys I just decided to pop on here and see how everyone was doing. Mine went through thanks to my tax advocate. She really had my back with all the questions the IRS came back at me with before they would release my check but it’s on the way. Thank god!!!
    Good luck everyone

Cindy
    @cynthiag

Well hopefully I get everything by the end of the week so I can fax all the proof they need then they said I still have to wait 30-45 days for processing good thing I can fax all the info I hope it’s a little faster than mailing but this sure is he’ll hopefully I get my money by summer God willing kneeing fingers crossed. Good luck to all of you guys and thanks for sharing your updates

Denise
    @denise1988

I’m still here too. No updates, no letters, just stuck in tax purgatory.

CARMELPOP
    @carmelnikki

Hey @cindy

I haven’t.. One of my employers messed up on my w2 so they IRS thought I reported more income than I should have. I got a TA a couple of weeks ago and my review date is tomorrow i guess.

HC
    @zipsnet

@cynthiag

I’m still here, my transcript updated on the 6th I think, now it shows code 971 waiting for the letter, I now know I made a mistake and I need to file a 1040X amend form, but I wanted to see what the letter says before filing it.

Cindy
    @cynthiag

Well I’m guessing everyone else got their ddd well I didn’t I got a letter from the IRS just wanted to update you guys ik being audited now I have to send proof of head of household, my wages, proof my kids are mine, proof they live in the US, and proof of my identity

Cindy
    @cynthiag

I’ll be calling on the 7th just to make sure it’s been the 60 days so I guess no one has an update yet! Hope they tell me something positive on the 7th

Tp

So hasn’t it been the 60 days for most people on here who didn’t get the tax advocate? So has anything changed or has the IRS told you any good news?

CARMELPOP
    @carmelnikki

Went to the TA office yesterday after multiple failed calls. She advised that I was under income and credit review and that I need to prove hardship. I’m waiting for my assigned rep to call by Friday or I will be going back on Monday

Cindy
    @cynthiag

Any updates? STill no letter
    I’m just waiting for April 6th to call

Tp

@Lauren
    If you’re still looking on this page now that you say I got your ddd I’m just wondering how is it that you said they did an amended return for you but they’re not sending a check? If you look up anything about amended refunds they don’t do direct deposits they only send checks so I’m trying to figure out how is it that you’re getting a direct deposit????!

Tp

@Lauren
    If you’re still looking on this page now that you say I got your ddd I’m just wondering how is it that you said they did an amended return for you but they’re not sending a check? If you look up anything about amended refunds they don’t do direct deposits they only send checks so I’m trying to figure out how is it that you’re getting a direct deposit????!

Lauren

Finally got my DDD, 3/29!! Good luck everyone!!

HC
    @zipsnet

Well another morning and not changes !! I guess I will have to wait one more week until Apr 1st. so I can call back and they will finally be able to tell me why my taxes are under review !! ~sigh~

Meengla

I did finally get my DD yesterday and so this ordeal has ended. I hope it ends for all–not fair to be denied your $ for so long and too often without any explanations.

Tp

So I just got off the phone with my tax advocate and she said that everything has been approved but for some reason they’re going to mail a check instead of direct deposit??? She couldn’t tell me why but at least I know it’s coming.

CARMELPOP
    @carmelnikki

I live in the bay area and we only have the option to leave a message for a TA and they will call us back within 24 hours. I called monday and still havent heard back

Tp

@cindy
    I ordered mine today again since I can get mine online with a credit card to verify my identity. So yes I ordered it today and it still has my processing date of march 6th. That’s what made me get a tax advocate. Now I’m just waiting for the processor to put it in my papers so they can approve it finally and send me my money. Like I said in a previous post from what I’ve seen is it takes around the 2nd week of people sending in the documents so I’m hoping by either Wednesday’s or Saturday’s I get my update

Meengla

I am sorry for you guys. If they really have a reason to put a hold then then must let you know. Holding on to your moneys for so long without reason is so unfair!
    I am supposed to get my Direct Deposit tomorrow …fingers crossed…the proof of the pudding is in the eating!

HC
    @zipsnet

I called IRS today and they game me the same generic under review nothing to do answer, I have to wait 60 days from the day I filed and to call back after April. 1 if I don’t see any changes on the web ! ~sigh~

Cindy
    @cynthiag

Well got my transcript again and it’s the same 😔😔😩 so i guess I’ll wait till April

Cindy
    @cynthiag

@ tp
    Have you ordered a new transcript ? If so when did u get the most recent one?
    I’m waiting for my second transcript I ordered since I have to wait 10 business days to
    Order a new so I’m still waiting :-/

Tp

@carmelpop
    I have a different cycle code on my transcript but the rest of the codes are the same. My processing date is still showing as march 6th so it doesn’t seem like that date means anything at all. I think it’s code 571 that means reverse the 570 code which means review or something like that. Code 846 means the refund is being released so that’s the only code that I even care about showing up. If i don’t see that then I don’t bother looking at anything else on my transcript. Good luck

Tp

@carmelpop
    I have a different cycle code on my transcript but the rest of the codes are the same. My processing date is still showing as march 6th so it doesn’t seem like that date means anything at all. I think it’s code 571 that means reverse the 570 code which means review or something like that. Code 846 means the refund is being released so that’s the only code that I even care about showing up. If i don’t see that then I don’t bother looking at anything else on my transcript. Good luck

CARMELPOP
    @carmelnikki

Hi,

So my transcript says: 20170905 3/20/2017 0.00
    I have a code: 806 766 768 with dates 4/15/2017 and 570 with 3/20/2017.

Tp

So it’s been a little more than a week since I faxed in the paperwork that my tax advocate asked for and still nothing has happened yet. I talked to her last Friday and she said nothing happened and for me to wait patiently. From what others have said it seems like they’ve got their ddd about 2 weeks after they sent everything in so hopefully I see something change by Wednesday or Saturday’s update. I can’t wait to put all of this behind me and I can move forward. Good luck to everyone else

Lauren

@cindy, I didn’t have proof of a hardship, I told her that my roommate was kicking me out and I need my return to find a place to live.

Meengla

Cindy and Lauren,
    I am sorry. Been through this, I can fully empathize. IRS really really needs to do a better job.

Update on mine: Now the WMR page is showing ‘Refund Approved’ and that

Your tax refund is scheduled to be sent to your bank by March 22, 2017.
    If your refund is not credited to your account by March 27, 2017, check with your bank to see if it has been received.

Cindy
    @cynthiag

I’m from Texas so I called a tax advocate but she told me I needed proof of hardship disconnection notice or eviction letter I don’t have other of them thank god i told her about my situation and as per her knowledge the IRS doesn’t take 60 days to review that it may be sooner so I’m hoping she’s telling me the truth my trasncript had 3/06/2017 as a processing date but nothing happened justa ordered my transcript again let’s see if there’s a change I’ll keep u guys updated

Lauren

Hey guys, I know it’s been a while but here is my update and back story…..
    1. I filed 1/21 and was accepted on 1/23.
    2. I received a 4464C letter on 2/7 dated for. 2/2.
    3. I was able to order my account and return transcripts on 2/8. Account transcript had a hold code with the 2/27 date.
    4. On 2/27 I called to get an advocate.
    5. On 2/28 my advocate called me and informed me that my wages were off your $61 and requested that I fax her a copy of my original 1040A with my wages crossed out and the correct wages above them and to sign the last page.
    6. On 3/14 my amended return was assigned to someone, I wasn’t aware that I had done one….
    7. On 3/16 the amendment dept closed my case and I should have a DDD in the next couple of days.
    *** I can not access any information on where’s my amended return, where’s my refund still says we have received your return with my old return amount and they told me my account transcript won’t update for 2 weeks.

Meengla

@CarmelPop,
    Go to IRS.GOV, under Tools, select Get a Transcript, then select Online, register–you will need your phone, after login in, select Federal Tax as the ‘Reason’ for Transcript, The select 2016 in Record of Account. A new popup windows will have your Transcript. You can view online and also save it as .xhtml page on your then change extension from .xhtml to pdf if you want to.

The Transcript shows more updated and accurate info then the WMR page–which STILL shows me as your tax refund being processed!!

CARMELPOP
    @carmelnikki

Okay.. How are you reading your transcript? and which one do I review and what field?

Meengla

Thank you guys.
    No, I didn’t contact any Advocate. My taxes were e-filed probably between 3-5 of February and the 4464C letter was dated 10 Feb.

Maybe, the Big Govt came to this page, traced me down, and decided to ‘pacify’ me. So whine like I have been doing on this page–to get their ears :)

IRS still sucks!

Cindy
    @cynthiag

@meengla

Did u contact a tax advocate ?
    When did u receive the 4464c letter?

HC
    @zipsnet

@Meengla

Congrats !! and Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you too!

Meengla

Guys! I just checked my Transcript and it looks good!

571 Additional Action Resolved on 03/13/2017
    846 Refund Issued 04/03/2017

So pretty safe to say that my Refund will be coming via Direct Deposit on 3 April. Yay!!!

I hope all others stuck have their Refunds be made asap. This site has been very very useful for me and the feedback provided by others has been great. Thank you all!

PS. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

Meengla

I have been reading this thread every day in the hope that things are moving for other people–kind of trying to vicariously get some hope! My situation hasn’t changed a bit. I had checked the Transcript after the magical date of 03/13/17–nothing had changed there and even the magical date was the same.
    IRS sucks!

Cindy
    @cynthiag

Still waiting for my transcripts to see if anything has changed. Since we have to wait 10 business days to get a new one also waiting for April to get a letter from them I just wish this nightmare is over and I get my refund have a lot of bills to pay ugh this sucks

HC
    @zipsnet

@TP

I’m still here, nothing has changed about my situation, not even my transcripts which still showing processing date as 3/6/17.

Tp

It seems like there’s a lot less people commenting on these threads. They must have got their refunds and forgot about all of us.

Tp

So I know the tax advocate submitted my paperwork I sent in and she said it was over for processing so here I sit and wait some more. Hopefully I see a change on wmr this Saturday. That would be amazing. I’ve never waited this long for my refund out of about 20 years of filing. Wow saying that makes me feel old. lol. I’ll keep everyone posted

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 165 total)

The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.