JUST GOT TRANSCRIPT IN MAIL– Codes?? Cycle!?!!

Home Forums General Discussion 2016 Tax Season JUST GOT TRANSCRIPT IN MAIL– Codes?? Cycle!?!!

• This topic has 17 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Cody orr.
  • Topic Starter
    Ash

Okay so I was able to order return and account trans on 2/5.
      I lost bars and tax topic on 2/6
      I filed on 1/29

I just got the transcript in the mail. Showing no freeze codes.
      Showing

My cycle is 20160505.
      It shows my processing date as Feb 22nd.

Any insight? Maybe I’ll get a DDD next Saturday?
      I got nothing this update.

Viewing 16 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Cody orr

OK I got my return transcript in the mail and have a cycle code of 20160805,can’t find a cycle chart to tell when my deposit will be,heard from a few people the cycle code is the deposit date just backwards,any one else get the same cycle code

Herestowaiting

So how are others who filed after me getting refunds before me…..
            There are a number of reasons
            1. They filed their taxes at a time when transcripts were not hit with an automatic posting delay code like 570.

2. They are a daily filer

3. Processed before the prescribed outline
            4.no special handling or codes like ID verify, offsets, etc.

Another thing I also wanted to share is most people post their cycle code and assume that is the best way to guesstimate a refund DDD and in some instances it may be helpful but, there is actually more than one cycle code. The other cycle code is for the master file and that is the one that we should look at first because it details the cut off dates that potentially lead to a DDD.

If you have your transcript there is an as of date that a lot of people ask about and that is actually the latest date that you should receive your refund by….so it would be the Thursday or prior to the as of date that is your expected DD.

The cycle as I see it (for many not all)……

File
            1 week later ….. Able to order account transcript
            2nd week …..Either RTN TX is available or no movement
            3rd week ….No movement or Return TX available
            4th week …..No movement
            5th week …… DDD
            6th week …… Payout DD …..you will notice that this will be 2-3 days before or after as of date

@All. I too am waiting for an update on my DDD which I presume will be on Saturday since I am a weekly filed. I’ve been following since I filed on 2/5 and have observed the various patterns of other participants and their experience with the IRS. Before I share what I believe to be the pattern, may I ask you to take this information, allow the suggested timeline to work and stop calling IRS getting yourself all frazzled. One thing is for sure tax advocates are merely the middle man to pass on information. They have no override authority, they are IRS employees. So although theyre assigned to assist tax payers they are not play makers. There are very few tax payers who get any real assistance from T.A. if you notice most of the people who say they got a T.A. and sped things up were already within the time frame for their return to be completed anyway! It’s not the people who are getting the 4464c letters who get prompt responses. You form your own opinion but this is mine.

Weekly filers
            Now from what I have observed most of the people who filed beginning the official day filing started, 1/19 through 2/6 were entered into the system with a two week delay on processing. So, you filed 1/19…..couldn’t order account TX til 2/12…..the following week 2/19 you could order return TX….(This group was divided over3-4 disbursement dates 2/27, 3/4, 3/9…..3/16 should c!ear out most of the remaining depending on the number of weeks you were delayed…anywhere from 1-3 weeks. So if you filed during this time and have not gotten any codes, letters aside fromCP05 who h has to be issued after 30 days and when you called you’re told review….those are their instructions…….. you should get a DDD. So you will notice that you were able to order your rtn TX real close to what would have been your 21st day. Depending on when your return was processed the day as well as the time determines where you fall in line. You should also take into account if you were flagged for any reason, that would cause you at least a one week delay. I’m going to post examples shortly. I just really don’t want people rushing to T.A. who in many cases can open a can of worms that you could avoid if we knew a little more about the process

Drea

Still nada
              Filed 2/1
              accepted 2/3
              no bars since 2/19
              able to order transcripts cycle code 20160705…but my return has not been processed yet the transcripts were incomplete.

I can not believe it has taken this long….

Tiffany

I got my transcripts 02/23/16 I have a cycle code 20106705 it said 03/07/16 I think that’s when they take the hold off I just called the IRS and the Lady said april27 that’s to long wait 9weeks please help me god no DDD yet

Michelle

I filed the 21at of Jan I believe. My bars disappeared a couple weeks later. Then I received a letter to verify my is so I did and was told I passed that but still needed to go to local office which I did. Lady at the local irs told me she released the hold for verification. I ordered my transcripts2-23 and received them with cycle code 20160705. Still same on its where my refund. Can someone please please please help me understand what’s going on and when should I receive my refund? Thank you bunches!!!

MinneSnowta

@ruby I got my transcripts yesterday and I got the same cycle code and this morning I updated today to a ddd 3/2 I been a long time lurker and this year I’ve noticed that some get update’s in the am leading into Saturday and then in the pm leading into Sundays there are 2 updates on Saturday I am a weekly one update a week practically

Ruby merritt

I recieved my return transcript yesterday with the cycle posted. 20160705?? Have anyone recieved a date?

Drea

Hi!

Ok so I ordered my returns got them today with a cycle code of 20160705…which if I read correctly is supposed to be Feb 25th, 2016. That kind of makes me a little worried but I checked my last years return and it took 19 business days to get my return. According to the irs rep I spoke to, I was accepted on 2/3 which would put my 19 business days at 3/2….if I don’t get my ddd my 3/4 I will officially be worried but I am just not going to freak myself out about this anymore…what can I do but remain positive and hope I am not the 1% getting audited..hopefully my bars come back this weekend!

Sighhhhhhhh.

Good luck to us still processing!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

I got 20160705- can someone tell me what this means?

lemont

so i filed and accepted on the 29th of January… Its past the 21 day mark, status when calling the irs, they say its still being reviewed but my cycle posted says 20160705… no letter in the mail…

Gatskn

Did any of you receive a DDD or deposit yet? I have the same cycle code with a cycle date of 2/22/2016.

Ki

I filed 1-25 ordered both transcripts 2/15 received today with cycle 20160505 but no other code.. Whtas that mean..

Billy

My transcripts came in and they have codes:

It also has a process date of 2/22/16 and a cycle date of 20160505.

Any thoughts?

kristie

I just got my transcripts yesterday also and have a cycle date of 20160505
                                    but I am wondering where you see all these other codes! I don’t see anything else – I do owe the IRS around $1400 so I am expecting my refund reduced by that amount but I am wondering why I don’t see the codes on my transcripts? I am on a payment plan with the IRS and I spoke with them yesterday and they said they see the debt has been paid and to give it more time –

hoping you are correct about the cycle date being when I will get my refund, counting on it!

Ash

It didn’t show the deduction code or that the amount was taken yet. So hopefully next week!

Hope

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/transaction_codes_pocket_guide.pdf

Use this link to look up the codes, but to me it looks like:
                                        105 They filed your return
                                        806 They applied the credit for having excess taxes taken out and FICA
                                        766 They applied what you owed to the irs to your debt
                                        766 They recalculated your refund amount
                                        768 They applied the EIC

So it looks complete and like they will be sending your money on the 22nd (which is the 5th week and you’re a weekly cycler (like me). 20160505 :)

Hope

Ash,
                                          I am thankful to see this. I ordered my trans the same day as you, lost my bars the same day as you, with all the same things. I thought I’d get my trans today in the mail, but our rural mail is so slow so I guess it’ll be Tuesday (Since Monday is a holiday). I do not know what those codes mean, but I’m going to look them up and see what they mean. I think the 22nd must mean that’s when they plan to send you the money. I hope, bc this is just insane.

Didn’t you say you owe money to the irs? Did the trans show that it was taken out? :)

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                      • The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.