Is EVERYONE BEING REVIEWED?!??

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Is EVERYONE BEING REVIEWED?!??

• This topic has 17 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Mary.
  • Topic Starter
    Footballfam123
      @footballfam123

Filed-accepted 1/32. No credits. No bars and TT 152 since Sunday. I dont Want to call! ☹️

Viewing 16 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Mary

@annabanana that’s probably what is happening to mine we moved last tax season but had no issues with being reviewed. We moved back to our old address last year and so far still being processed.

Kim

I called today for the letter 4464c I received. It took no time at all to get through which was awesome. I had to answer questions to verify my identity including info about my 2016 and 2017 return. She said that I was under an accuracy revieww, kind of like a quality assurance type thing. She said that I need to wait 60 days like the letter said and at this time there is nothing else I need to do. She said it could be less than the 60 daus and to keep checking WMR. I’m hoping it updates on Saturday. She said her system only update’s once a week whereas WMR can update daily. She also said that normally you’ll only get pulled for an accuracy review once or twice. I told her that this was the 3rd time because I’ve had to verify id, use an up pin, and been reviewed twice before! Fingers and toes crossed!

My account transcript shows a 2/26 date but has a $0.00 beside it. It also ha’s code 806 with my refund amount show as a negative and a date of 4/15/2018. Hoping I get it sooner rather than later

AnnaBanana

@Stephanie I would say that they definitely are doing a verification of your identity because of the change of address. when I moved ten years ago they did that, then when I moved back to my first address they did again. They don’t always do that, but if you didn’t inform them before you filed your taxes, it can cause it to be flagged :-( once you get the letter, though, and do what they ask of you, usually they can send out your refund right after. Good luck!

Stephanie

Filed 1/26 and Accepted 1/29. “Still Processing” since 2/3 and my transcripts say N/A.

So I broke down today and called. I guess the guy was okay he didn’t have much to say. He put me on hold to come back and tell me that my refund was on hold pending a response from a letter that should be received by 2/27. He couldn’t tell me much else after.

I haven’t gotten any letter yet of course. This has never happened before. The only thing that changed for me was the my address. This is beyond frustrating and I’m tired of this waiting game.

Angela

Filed 1- 18, accepted 1-19 bars disappeared around the 25th. Replaced with your tax return is being processed a refund date will be provided when available. Waited the mandatory 21 days and called yesterday. First person I spoke to…after 45 minutes on hold said that there were no flags on my account but that it was under review and to give it 45 more days before I called again. Hung up and called a tax advocate with the IRS, she checked into my account and told me that I had been flagged for identity verification. Call the IRS back waited on hold an hour and a half, spoke with another agent who informed me I had indeed been flagged for identity verification and a letter had been sent out on 1- 23….. to the address I used for my taxes last year. So obviously I never received it. Since it had been 14 days since the first letter had been sent out they were able to send out another letter this time to the correct address, hopefully I will get it! Will keep everyone updated once I get it and verify on how long it takes to actually get my money. Do not trust the first person you talk to, and I would highly recommend anyone who who’s been told their account is under review, call the tax advocate line and get assistance. If nothing else you’ll be able to get peace of mind hopefully

Jade

570 code*

Jade

I noticed that too i called said i was under review no reason why but i do have a 57p code on my transcripts but also a cycle date of 20180801

Bearcatmum

Filed on 2/1. Status changed to delayed about a week later. Friday 2/16 we received 4464C letter. Hubby is flipping out, tax guys says not to worry. My head hurts and my stomach is upset all the time.

Teepay

Take actin no code .. under review anyone else has this message

Kimberly

I meant By the Way, I haven’t received a letter

Kimberly

Hello Everyone. This is my first time on the forum. I just spoke with an agent after being on hold for almost 3 hours. She said that mine is being reviewed and to allow 45 days from February 15. But, could not guve me a reasom. I filed and was accepted 1/29. So, why start the count from February 15. I do honestly believe that they are telling mostly everyone with EIC and or ACTC credit this spill because they are behind because of this PATH Act. By threat, I haven’t received a letter yet

Footballfam123
                                @footballfam123

@deanna- this is the first bit of feedback today that actually makes sense!

PhickDiva

@Deanna: I believe it!

Deanna

Not sure what truth there is to this but a friend of mine who works for Jackson said people who are getting review letter have just been pushed back because they are eic filers mostly and so many people filed right we beginning. It does not actually mean you are being reviewed or anything is wrong. You may just have a later date then 21 days so they sent those letter out

Footballfam123
                                      @footballfam123

@hueidm- you win comment of the day! 🤣 Can you tell I’m upset? I cant Even type! I meant 1/31 lol

Shesjuswaitin

Good one @hueidm

Hueidm

U are being re viewed cAuse u filed on 1/32

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                      • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.