I'm filling mine on 23 Jan and hope to receive my money by mid February

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season I'm filling mine on 23 Jan and hope to receive my money by mid February

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Gennefur.
  • Topic Starter
    Lucky one

Last year I filled my taxes early and didn’t get my money until late April. Mine was chosen to be audited last year. I pray it does not happen again this year

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Gennefur

@jemar707

I wait every year now until the open date. Years ago I got stuck in a test batch that was delayed for a month and everyone else filing after me for their refund. So I am now forever paranoid of going too early.

Debbie

I had to wait until January 23rd to get my 1099-R from CalPERS. I e-filed at 2:04pm and got an email that it was accepted at 4:03pm. I checked the “Where’s My Refund” site and it said it was accepted. Now, at 6:50pm, I checked the “Where’s My Refund” site again and it’s saying “You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.” Maybe I got lucky and they grabbed it to process…more likely, they’re going to reject it for some error they found. We shall see what we shall see!

KM

To the person that is filing on the 23rd and hoping to receive by mid February. That seems fair I don’t claim children or anything really so I am not sure about that stuff but I think getting your refund in mid-feb should be very possible.

I am just sending this message as a reference for anyone:

I filed my yesterday, 01/18/17 and it was accepted today 01/19/17, I used hr block free e-filing online. I don’t claim anything other than single and 1 dependent and haven’t been delayed or audited ever (although I have made a mistake in the past and had to pay for it but that didn’t really effect anything) and hope for everything to proceed as normal. I will be in touch on my refund status,

KM

I am just sending this message as a reference for anyone:

I filed my yesterday, 01/18/17 and it was accepted today 01/19/17, I used hr block free e-filing online. I don’t claim anything other than single and 1 dependent and haven’t been delayed or audited ever (although I have made a mistake in the past and had to pay for it but that didn’t really effect anything) and hope for everything to proceed as normal. I will be in touch on my refund status,

Jennifer Echols
                  @2017taxes1984

Hey all my tax filers!!!! We’re back at it again!!! 2017 came so quick, and of course, they are already talking about delays!!! I won’t be filing until the end of January, in hopes that I will receive mine mid February. What do you guys think?

WPBF

I file my Taxes on 1/18/17 and got accepted the next day, check WMR and has one Bar, hoping t get it by mid FEB have EIC AND CTC.

Admin
                    jemar707
                      @jemar707

I’ve notice a lot more people are waiting to pull the trigger until 23 Jan whereas in past years I think people just transmitted without fear of sitting in the “test queue”.

Krystyna
                        @kcoy2016

I filed Saturday and was browsing the site there has been some early acceptances made by the irs (possibly test batches). I hope mine gets accepted early or on time and I get money quick (: last year I filed early and got it mid feb.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.