ID verify multiple years in a row?

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season ID verify multiple years in a row?

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by kit0kat2009.
  • Topic Starter
    Jaime

Pulled for id verify last year and did so successfully in office last year. Does it happen multiple years in a row or is it a one and done type of thing? Looking for past experiences. I e heard people say it’s a three year thing hoping it’s not!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        kit0kat2009

I had it happen multiple years in a row. Not sure if it was 3 or 4 years in a row. However last year I didn’t have to. Thankfully and I’m hoping that’s the case this year as well.

My experience doesn’t mean it happens this way for everyone.

The last year it happened. I actually expected it. I called and ID verified about a week to 2 after filing. Another week or so I got the letter saying I needed to ID Verify. I showed my husband and was like I already did. Things went smoother that year and I ended up getting it around expected date.

It can happen multiple years, but that doesn’t mean it will.. I know it’s not very helpful or useful. If WMR looks weird, it’s sometimes a indicator.

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.