ID Verified, new tax codes, ugh!

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season ID Verified, new tax codes, ugh!

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by Betty.
  • Topic Starter
    JENrud

I went to irs office last week and ID verified. Guy told me I wouldn’t see changes on WMR. Checking my transcripts, I have tax code 570 with a cycle 20180805. Has anyone received their refund with a 570 code, any further review, how long did it take. I filed and accepted 1/31. ID verified 2/20. Has anyone with 570 needed to provide more info? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can see my refund amount with the negative sign, and processing date of 3/12/18. But cycle would make it 2/28?

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
      Replies
        Betty

My situation this year has been one of waiting, waiting, and more waiting. I filed taxed electronically 1/19. Completed ID verify on 2/20, told to wait up to 9 weeks. at of now it has been 4 weeks with no update on WMR. I noticed on my transcripts there is a process date of March 19th and a 570 hold code with date March 19th next to it. From reading postings I am gathering this is the anticipated date my refund should be released. My transcripts have no other coded except 150 and 806. To be honest the IRS are reducing their processing centers down to 2 so waits will only increase I suspect. I will be looking into changing to 1099 versus W2 soonest so in the future I pay you uncle same once per year… by April 15th of course. You take my money all year and when time to pay me what is due I wait 2-3 months? I’ll switch things up and pay you nothing more then what I owe by April 15th of the following year.

Kelcf

I got the 570 code and cycle date 20180705 with processing date 3-5-2018. It’s been this way since the first big update. No changes no letters and the IRS is also no help. Keeps telling me to wait until 27th. After not getting update today I give up. I’ve been driving myself nuts trying to figure out when I’m gonna get my taxes. I was in a major car accident two days ago and could really use this money to pay for repairs. But this is jus stressing me out. Can’t rely on getting my own money back from the government clearly. Im gonna check wmr once a week every sat. Other than I quit with all the codes and cycles and processing messages. I’m jus DONE

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.