I need to rant!!!

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season I need to rant!!!

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Meggan.
  • Topic Starter
    Sharon

I need to rant a little because this stupid return has taken over my life! So I filed on 2/3 I had one bar until I lost them on 2/8. I called and was told their was no problem. It means nothing, it wasn’t processed yet. ( probably to get me off the phone because my 21 days weren’t up) I waited until 2/15 to call again since there were no changes on WMR and still couldn’t order either transcript. Still told no problem, didn’t process yet. By the way I didn’t have either credit affected by PATH. I called the tax advocate hotline because my husband was laid off and the only reason I filed early and on my own was I knew we needed money quick. Tax advocate looks into it and says good thing you called, your return can’t be posted to the system to be processed. My accountant has filed with my maiden name +married name for 20 years. I’m not sure why because that is not my legal name and does not match my SS card. I filed just using my married name ( just because I forgot that my accountant always filed using both) anyway they get me to IRS agent that confirms my married name is the name that matches SS number says that’s strange that it was never caught all these years and tells me could take 6-8 weeks but I doubt it will take that long. Tax advocate was supposed to call me within 3 days, never did. I kept calling the number and he finally gets back to me now. Looks and says you’re not even back in the system yet. They only do that on Fridays ( I guess I wasn’t put back in last Friday) and there is nothing he can do, you just have to wait a few more weeks. 😡 So much for them being able to push things along. So then I figured at least I’ll get my NY state refund but noooo!!! Now after close to 3 weeks of “it may require further review, and then being happy last night that it finally said being processed, I updated to refund is finished processing you will receive correspondence within 30 days. FML. Probably the same issue, at least I hope, but you’d think since they ask for drivers license number they’d be able to verify themselves. I swear it better not be another problem. I’m so over this! Thanks for letting me rant, my family is tired of listening to me.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Meggan

Has anyone got mn state yet?

Sharon

Still nothing. I’m not even sure they put me back in to processing. Still can’t order either transcript. The only thing that happened was on my husbands WMR, the refund amount shows but I’m not sure if that means anything. I guess I’m calling again tomorrow. This is so frustrating!

Amra
              @amraann

You got it! Fingers crossed!!!

I hope it will update for you tonight!

Sharon

@amra and @packy. They claim my issue is fixed, I’m just waiting to be put back into processing. He said that only happens on Thursday nights. I was hoping it was put in last Thursday but no luck. Please cross your fingers I get put back in tonight. 🙏

Amra
                  @amraann

Really sorry to read this @Sharon I was hoping that you would have gotten some answerr by now.
                  It seems like the IRS should be sending you an Identification letter.

Packy

I filed and was accepted on 2/10. Up until the 2/16, I had one bar which acknowledges receipt of my return. I then got a message with no bars stating still processing and a refund date will be given when available. For me, this was an indication that I had run into a problem. On 2/21 I called and was told that a letter was sent out to me on 2/11 because I needed to verify my identification. She mentioned that I would not be able to do so until the letter was in my hand. After still not having a letter yesterday, I called back and told the person my issue, she told me, she’d take care of it. After about forty minutes on the phone, she said it was all straightened out and I could begin checking wmr again in about 2 weeks. She also told me it could take up to nine weeks before I am given a ddd. She asked me questions about my 2015 return as well as my 2016 return.

Sharon

I think I can give you a little piece of mind regarding the name. I wish mine had been rejected at the beginning. I wonder why it wasn’t. Because they could not match the name they couldn’t even post it to the master file according to the guy I spoke with. I am not even able to pull up an account transcript because it never posted to the system. Sounds like yours did if you can get acct transcript, and the fact that you still have at least 1 bar is good. I lost all of my bars which was my first clue something was not right. I bet you’ll probably get an update this weekend. I’m still waiting to get put back in, so it’s like I didn’t even file yet. Ugh.

Ashley
                        @apaige219

this is frustrating!!!! im wondering if the name thing is holding mine up as well. I have been married for 6 years but never changed my SS card. So in all the passed years I have filed with my maiden name, this year I just totally didn’t even think about it and used my married name (very easy to confuse my maiden and married name as they are only one letter difference). return was rejected, fixed, and sent back in on Feb 9th, showed “received” on WMR on 2/10.

been stuck on one bar since then, can only see my account transcript but its blank with “AS OF DATE 03/06/2017” and says “no return filed”.

we initially filed our return on 1/31. It has never taken this long for us and aside from me screwing up my name, none of our information has changed. we both have the same jobs, income, etc….

I’m reading on this website that a big update is supposed to take place this Friday night/ Saturday morning, so im going to wait and see if there is an update, and if there is not then I will probably call on Monday.

Hoping that you get your Refund soon!!!!!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.