I got accepted already for early filers.

• Creator
    Topic

Mary

I filed my taxes with TT on 1/7/2016 and got an email from TT today that the IRS accepted my return 1/11/2016 at 3:30 p.m. Now I just pray lol

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 50 replies - 101 through 150 (of 6,869 total)
  • Author
    Replies

texasgirl

@tls

Congratulations, great news! Thank you for the kind words and you are very welcome. I am so happy for everyone that finally got their DDD this weekend, but is still sad for all those who didn’t. Isn’t it nice to get all that stress off. I think we all learned a lot of lessons this year and because of it, we are all more knowledgeable and better prepared for what to come in 2017 and what to do and what NOT to do…in hope to keep our refund moving thru the process with minimum delays and frustration.

Over 700,000 letters were sent out on Monday 29th, so check your mail and pray your name isn’t on one of them….I already read where IRS is expecting higher volume of fraud next year so they will be scrutinizing every single thing until they have verification to match up all income reported…

So everyone please dot every i and cross every t, next year. Let’s all prepared for a better and smoother journey in 2017.

Good luck…to all those who are still waiting…you are all in my prayers…and I will be thinking of you even when I am not here to give support….I do care about all you guys :-).

texasgirl

@Amanda

Wow, that was a surprise uh? Now tell me again, was the amount of your return more or less after the amendment?

If it should be “less” it is a good chance IRS caught it in time to pull it back to make the correction…since they did not have the amendment until yesterday….

If it is more, than may just let the portion go thru and send you the other portion within a couple of weeks…

Look at your bank account and see if it is pending, if not, it should be on Monday….let’s hope you see it…If not, then its a good chance they Pulled it…for correction ugh :-(.

All you can do is watch your account between now and Wed…don’t get discourage if it isn’t there….ok. At least you will know what cause the additional delay….

Good news, you finally got your DDD…keep me posted ok.

I will scroll thru all the posts from the 6th – 16th upon my return to catch up…hope I read a lot of good news :-).

texasgirl

@Upset mama,

Read the entire link about 9001 code. Based on what I read see if this relates to you…

Did you try to check the WMR using any other SS on your return that was not the primary? If so, that generated this code because they flagged you thinking someone was trying to get into your account other than you…

You must get in touch with IRS or an Advocate and demand what you need to do to clear this up….and release your refund.

If this article does NOT apply to you….then it is something else holding you up….and until you find of what to do or send….you could be waiting and waiting and waiting…

What did they last IRS rep tell you?…….its got to be something you can do….let me know if this article explained what is going on with you…ok. Good luck…really feel bad for you and your son, this has to be the worse nightmare ever….and you so depend on this money like we all do….I am so sorry for you :-(

http://thecollegeinvestor.com/15858/what-does-irs-reference-number-9001-really-mean/

Upset Momma with a Toddler

@texasgirl

So today has come and still nothing. My information has not changed from the message from when I got the reference code 9001. It seems that I’m not gonna get mine. (Sighs). This just really sucks. I have a 3 year old child and I feel like I can’t even support him

amanda h

@Texasgirl

So I had to amend my return yesterday and hand delivered my income verification to him yesterday as well he told me he would expedite it and it would be around March 25th well I woke up this morning with a ddd of 3/9 do u think I will get it or will it be on hold

Dom

@Texasgirl What up!!!! So I never heard back from my TA….smh I cannot even get her on the phone. I called the TA hotline and an extremely nice lady told me that my rep noted she has to call me back by March 23… But she never called me to confirm she got my paperwork like she said she would. The lady on the hotline told me she did not see any notes that she received my fax…smh. I already left her 2 messages and not even a return call.. I honestly give up dealing with this nonsense this year. I am just going to keep it moving and if I get it I get it. I already submitted everything they needed there is nothing more I can do. Have a safe trip!!

l1978

@texsagirl

Just wanted to say thanks!!!!
    Was reading all the advice you gave and took it. I finally got the approve status like you said this morning. Now I can stop stressing I know it will be here soon. Good luck to everyone else hang in there. They told me 6-9 weeks but as you can see from me it was just to get me off the phone. It only took 2/8 to 3/5 so keep your heads up

Lizzy

@ Texasgirl or anyone

I received my return transcript and my cycle is 20160505, what does that mean?

Lizzy

@ Texasgirl or anyone,

Still no update just refresh your memory. I called on thursday 03/03/16 and was told it is still processing and to allow 9 weeks they didn’t see anything wrong. I don’t know what to think. What does you think?
    I filed on 01.06/16
    Accepted on 01/12/16
    Received a letter about 1095A Healthcare paperwork
    Overnighted and received by IRS on 02/02/16
    Verified Id over the phone on 02/23/16
    Able to order Return Transcript 02/26/16
    Status changed from We are still processing and a date will be provide once available to we have received your return and it is being process on 02/26/16

Nikki

@texasgirl

Well I got a not so good update! All bars have now disappeared with message “Your tax return is still being processed” “A refund date will be provided when available” It still has all my other original info, as far as status and amount goes. I still can not order return transcripts either. :( so frustrated!

Elizabeth738

Update to my post I just did:
    Hi all just checked the mail cp05 notice is this mean I’m being audited ???
    They said April 21st they will send my return or another notice omg and to do nothing wow… All I can say

Elizabeth738

Hi all !
    Everyone hang in.. I sure am still.
    I got my account transcripts a day or so again. It says 971 letter issued for March 7th. Does anyone know what kind of letter is coming ? Anyone in the same boat? Wmr says tax topic 152 still filed 1/21. Yikes! Lol thanks

Small update.

After faxing my 8962 and 1095 on 2/13 I called yet again today and was told I needed to verify my identity.

Hopefully I will be seeing it sooner than the 3-4 weeks I was told on the phone.

Longest I’ve ever had to wait

impatiently waiting

@texasgirl

I called the automated line for my cp05 letter and put in all my info and call id and the line says that I have a scheduled credit for the original amount of my return on 4/15 and the date my review will supposedly be done is 4/14. Do you have any insight on if that is in fact the release date? or is it just a generic message?

texasgirl

@Gabriel,

Not sure how long it will take, guess all you can do is wait and hope it is this weekend….

Also, google that questions and see if any other forums are dealing with the same issues that may provide additional insight…good luck.

Jamie

@texasgirl

I finally got an email from tax act after all this time saying “thank you for using tax act and now that my return is accepted”….hmmm hopefully that’s a good thing! Keeping my fingers crossed!

texasgirl

@Dee,

Great news, hope you will be surprise and get it this weekend….wouldn’t that be awesome yahhhhhhhh :-)

@Melissa,

Now that is strange, but hey at least you got your refund already, some strange things are happening this year….maybe someone else was trying to steal your identity….you know they mailed out 700,000 letters on the 29th to everyone who info was breached……PRAY YOU DON”T GET ONE OF THEM…..who knows this just may be the letter that they sent out…

Let me know what you find out when you call them ok…just curious…smh.

texasgirl

@Nikki,

Uhmmmmmmmmm, I don’t know what is going on then. Google the question and see if you can find any additional resources regarding Code 052….maybe they made a mistake and they are reversing their error….

Well, like you said, if nothing happens this weekend, then call them back on Monday….

@Miamigirl

Congratulations, do that Happy Dance already….lol. About time they released your money :-).

Miamigirl

UPDATE****

Just got a call from my TA. GOT A DDD of 03/09!!!! I’m so excited! Once again texasgirl… You were right on the money. This is awesome.

Melissa
    @emmjay

@texasgirl

I already got my refund on 3/2… But today I just got a letter in the mail which I figured was my transcripts I ordered on the 26th. Well it’s not them, instead it’s a letter that says..

We’re contacting you to report on the status of the request we received. We apologize for the inconvenience but we are not able to process your request at this time. You or your representative can contact the Idenity protection specialized unit. (And then gives the number)

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

DEE

@texasgirl

Hey i had to fax my amended return to my Ta and she told me she sent it to be processed and now i just have to wait a week for an update

Miamigirl

@TonyC

Wow, I really hope I hear something from my TA today. I would love to have confirmation of a DDD instead of speculation. I hope everything works out for you and your money arrives as planned if not sooner. I may just call the TA hotline and see if they can give me any insight if I don’t get a call by this afternoon. Fingers crossed! Lol

Anonymous

Filed early bars dissapeared on 1/31 able to order return transcripts on 2/12 I have called and called said CP05 letter. I don’t have to do anything just wait. It could take the full time but that is not the case I could get my deposit before I even get the letter. Anyone else get this letter or receieved deposit before letter. But my refund is there just on hold. This really bites. Any suggestions??

Nikki

@texasgirl
    No I don’t have a ROTH account. So I’m not sure why they would be doing a adjustment to my income. I also do not owe any back taxes and I do not have any offsets. Last year I didn’t receive my taxes for 30 days not sure why because I never called to see but I do remember it being well over 21 days and also my WMR being stuck on 1 bar almost the entire time. I just pray that there isn’t a problem and like last year I will just get it a week or 2 late. I’m gonna cross my fingers and see if anything changes Saturday. If not then I will be calling back again next week.

TonyC

@MiamiGirl

Filed 1/17
    Accepted 1/19
    21 days was up 2/9.
    Called 2/15, was told under review and letter will be sent out.
    Called again 2/17, got the same story, so I called the TA hotline and was assigned a number
    TA called back next day from Puerto Rico (because I’ve moved to the UK, PR deals with International clients) and told me I was on hold for Income and Withholding verification (I received a lump sum redundancy so had an unusually large amount withheld). Also that my W2 was already in the system so I didn’t need to fax anything in, they just needed to get the IRS to prioritize my processing.
    I qualified for hardship because I needed the refund to move from Cardiff to London for my new job by next week (3/11).
    They called back as promised on 3/1 and advised that the return had been released from hold and should be in the batch for updating by today (1/4) and they would call back to confirm.
    As promised they called me back this morning to confirm a DDD of 1/9.

texasgirl

@Miamigirl,

Thank you, and I agree with you as well, that all cases are not alike some of the theories are working just fine from some but may not be for others…

We are just at the mercy of IRS this year……

I am hoping you ALL get good news soon especially tomorrow since I will be leaving on the 6th and will not return until the 16th…..but will check back with everyone to see how they are doing. I promised I would see it thru till the end for everyone who may need my support ……I feel everyone frustration, pain and anger….I been there, it happened to me last year.

Have to go….chat with you all later.

Miamigirl

@Texasgirl @fedup

I have to agree with texasgirl. I know there were huge issues for early filers (as I was one of them on 01/15) but now, it appears that once you’ve passed your 21 days and have complied with whatever crap they want from you, your transcript is definitely an indication you’re moving forward. My TA said to give it 7 days after my return was reprocessed (on 02/25) and sure enough, things started to change after being idle for almost 2 months. I know every case is different but I guess for me, it’s been working out just as my TA and texasgirl said.

texasgirl

@Nikki

I did a little research for you….and it seem like Code 052 is some type of reversal code. Do you have a ROTH Account? If so, it look like it may have something to do with that income reported that they are adjusting…

052 Adjustment to Income.

ROTH
    IRA election to reflect that the total taxable conversion amount is subject to tax (Primary
    Taxpayer)

I will call back and ask….but they are fixing an error maybe be in your favor or against…not sure.

Try again on Saturday morning and see if you can order the return or see any updated messages, sometimes the WMR will not change and you can still see deposit pending in your account before that updates…

Hope this helps some…let me know ok.

texasgirl

@fedup

You are absolutely correct, we realized that if you ordered your return and did NOT see a ddd within 3-5 days that was the first indication that IRS flag the return and the only way you would know why was to start calling….

I personally do not know of any facts that if you order a return you are thrown back in que…

After someone gets a ddd that are NOT ordering returns again after the fact. At this point they are watching their accounts….to see if a deposit is pending the following week of the ddd stated.

I have heard that are putting a HOLD on the deposits even tho they gave a ddd on the WMR. Why they are doing this is beside me…so strange the way IRS is flagging after that fact…and NOT before.

This year has been totally different that any past years I have dealt with them. I assume it is because of the fraud, breaches and not having W-2’s upfront to verify legitimacy is causing a lot of these delays….as well as offset, back taxes, name changes, new addresses, new dependents added. I think I have seen it all this year….

All we can do is speculate and try to figure out IRS thought process.

If someone has already be told what they need to do and have done it, and they are able to order a transcript and the message has changed, it is very likely they are heading in the right direction to see a ddd….usually that happens with 1-2 weeks the most….

Good luck….and all we can do it wait and see…and hope for the best….for everyone who is still waiting…

texasgirl

@fedup

You are absolutely correct, we realized that if you ordered your return and did NOT see a ddd within 3-5 days that was the first indication that IRS flag the return and the only way you would know why was to start calling….

I personally do not know of any facts that if you order a return you are thrown back in que…

After someone gets a ddd that are NOT ordering returns again after the fact. At this point they are watching their accounts….to see if a deposit is pending the following week of the ddd stated.

I have heard that are putting a HOLD on the deposits even tho they gave a ddd on the WMR. Why they are doing this is beside me…so strange the way IRS is flagging after that fact…and NOT before.

This year has been totally different that any past years I have dealt with them. I assume it is because of the fraud, breaches and not having W-2’s upfront to verify legitimacy is causing a lot of these delays….as well as offset, back taxes, name changes, new addresses, new dependents added. I think I have seen it all this year….

All we can do is speculate and try to figure out IRS thought process. I

If someone has already be told what they need to do and have done it, and they are able to order a transcript and the message has changed, it is very likely they are heading in the right direction to see a ddd….usually that happens with 1-2 weeks the most….

Good luck….and all we can do it wait and see…and hope for the best….for everyone who is still waiting…

Nikki

@texasgirl
    Well not much of a update for me! :( my WMR has not changed what so ever. It has always said “we have received your return and its being processed” that has not changed. Still on 1 bar with TT 152 as it has stated since I filed on 2/14. No call yet from TA. No letters in the mail, no error codes and I still can not order return transcript. I was able to order account transcript about a week ago but haven’t received it in the mail yet. I’m so confused cuz I was told on the phone the first time that I was resequenced and am now in review but it doesn’t state the reason in the computer nor does it state I am going to tecieve any letters but additional 2 weeks is needed. The 2nd time I called the lady told me I am no longer in review I was resequenced and am back in processing with a code of 052 and no letters have been or will be sent as far as the computer was stating! Plus Additional 2 weeks is needed. Seems like the only thing these reps can agree on is the additional 2 weeks is needed! This is so frustrating!

fedup

just to clarify I was able to order return transcript on Feb 19th. And still didnt get a DD. So just because you can order them doesnt always mean you get a DD. And the return trans. had all of my filing info on it, no codes, but read at the bottom no return found!

fedup

Another note– I wouldnt dare go near ordering transcripts this year. I’ve been reading alot and it seems that people are getting a DDD or are told they have one and then they order their transcripts and it throws them back into review. This is just my opinion but I’ve seen many people say this has happened to them. We cant take years past experience to figure out this year.

texasgirl

@patrick

Try ordering your transcript this morning and see if you are able to…good luck.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

@Mika

If I was you I would call IRS all day today until someone give you some answers, ask for a supervisor if you must. I wouldn’t just sit and wait because you may only have to submit a letter or whatever needed to get your refund released…not sure if you tried ordering your return transcript if not try this morning, who knows maybe you will see a ddd tomorrow as well….good luck. Keep me updated ok.

800-829-0582 #652

800-304-3107 IRS Offset Hotline
    800-829-1954 IRS Refund Status Hotline
    800-908-9946 Transcript Request Hotline

Good luck everyone, got to get to work.

Have a good day!!!

texasgirl

@Ritchie

Have you tried order your “return” transcript today? If not, see if you can, if so, you may be in for a pleasant surprise tomorrow morning….you may have been updated today. Good luck.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

@kathryn

I see you just filed a couple of weeks ago, but if IRS is back on track you may be have a ddd as well, see if you can order your transcript….that will be the first sign that movement is taking place….if you can and do not see a ddd tomorrow or next week….then you should be on the phone contacting IRS…they may be able to tell you this morning if they see it in the system try calling it won’t hurt….

800-829-0582 #652

Also check via phone, sometimes it updates faster than online.

texasgirl

@Miamigirl

Yeahhhhhhhhhh Miamigirl, so happy for you, I am looking into my crystal ball and guess I am making out some letters that look like DDD flashing in neon lights on this bar called WMR this Saturday…..and in the near future a deposit on March 9th…hehehehhehehhehhee….all my fortune telling better come true….or I am out of a job…lmbo. LOL, good luck and I hope you finally see this journey ends tomorrow….praying for your girlfriend :-)

@Tony, @Fedup

Look like you two as well finally getting a DDD for next week. About time uh?…..smh. IRS really sent many down a rocky rocky road….which for you will be smooth paved when you see that money hit your accounts :-).

fedup

Ive had a TA since feb.10th . She first called on the 2/17. She told me mine got caught in limbo for ID verify, i did on 2/10. and for income verify. My employer income verify was received by IRS on feb. 11th. and my return has just been sitting in limbo ever since. Last wed she called and said she was sending over to have it released and yesterday she called and said my refund was released on Feb. 29th and it takes about a week to hit the system and generate a DDD. She said she will call me back on 3/9 to give me a DDD. So frustrating…A week was today why cant she just give me a date? Hoping she is telling the truth and I wont believe it until it hits my account. She is always very vague with her information. No updates on WMR. Ive had the 152 and 9001 codes from the beginning. Filed 1/27, accepted same day.

Miamigirl

@tonyc

When did you file? Did your TA call you today or last night? How long have you been working with him/her? Just curious because I’m waiting for mine to call to give me my date as well.

TonyC

Finally – TA called back and confirmed DDD of Wednesday 9th March.

Miamigirl

@texasgirl

I am now truly convinced that you are the all seeing/all knowing IRS GENIE! Just as you said, I am now able to order my return transcripts for the first time this year. Just as you said…. It’s amazing how something so small such as a transcript can make a person’s morning. THANKS GIRL!

Ritchey65

I was accepted 1-19 and still processing. I finally decided to call the IRS. I spent about 25 minutes on the phone while they tried to figure out what was going on. I was told I need to do nothing. My return was affected by the Feb 4th system crash. I would have to wait 6 to 8 weeks from the system crash date.

Anonymous

I filed on 2/19 through H&R BLOCK and still no update or DD

Mika

@Texasgirl

The ta never told me the reason why they was holding my refund n also told me it was nothing she can do for me n to wait for a letter. Thats y i told her i didn’t want her on my case anymore. I said ill just play the waiting game smh. I dont have a offset or owe back taxes. The office didn’t tell me anything either

@texasgirl

Was only able to order Account transcripts. Did that 2-3 weeks ago and have not received them in the mail

texasgirl

@Mika,

Did the TA even bother to tell you why your refund was being held?

20160505 = week of Feb 1 – 5th is when IRS was scheduled to complete your return. Since your cycle ends in (5) you are a weekly filer….actually Feb 4 you would have been updated for a DDD on Feb 11th. Think that was the time IRS got backlog for two weeks and resequenced a lot of people….so they fell behind….their will be an update tonight, hope you get some good news this weekend..

It appears they are reviewing your return for some reason, maybe your employer hasn’t submitted the W2 yet for IRS to verify….and they just holding until then…

If the TA would have assisted you, all you had to do was submit a Letter of Income to get it release…until you get IRS or a TA to tell you what the reason is….all you can do is wait…

See if you can order your transcript again between 12am – 6am…check to see if you have any offsets as well….or you could have some back taxes due….when you went into the office they didn’t see anything in their system as to why you are waiting…?

Let’s hope you will be surprise and see your DDD this weekend….ok.

texasgirl

@tls

You are correct updates will happen tonight up to 6am for a Saturday DDD….

Possible thru 6am Saturday morning as well….

I have seen where some saw DDD pending on Friday…after the update …

Hope many of you will see a ddd …..I am really rooting for you guys….:-)

texasgirl

@patrick,

They are telling everyone 6-8 weeks and I have heard as well that most saw their DDD anywhere from 1-2 weeks after faxing the form…

Are you able to order your transcript yet? If not, try up to 6am in the morning…or up to Saturday morning…

Good luck

texasgirl

@andre @Miamigirl

Updates are tonight after midnight until 6am, try ordering your transcript between these times, if you are successful it is a good chance you will see a DDD this weekend…

Andre, with the message changing that is a good sign, that you could see it this weekend, if not then movement is happening so I will have no doubt you will by next weekend.

I will keep an eye on my bank account starting tomorrow and next week….for a pending deposit.

Good luck you two :-)

Miamigirl

@andre

The message changing from we’re still processing to we have received your return and it is being processed does not guarantee that we’ ll get a DDD. We’re just assuming that based on what we’ve seen last week. My TA told me I should have my money within 7 days from Tuesday and this morning my status changed. I still can’t order mynreturn transcripts so things are still a toss up.

Andre

To anyone or texasgirl

So if my wmr status hasn’t changed from “we are still processing your return” to “we have received your return and it’s being processed” does that mean I probably won’t be updated Saturday? Im a 1/19 filer who did id verify on 2/5, no other issues.

Viewing 50 replies - 101 through 150 (of 6,869 total)

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.