I got accepted already for early filers.

• Creator
    Topic

Mary

I filed my taxes with TT on 1/7/2016 and got an email from TT today that the IRS accepted my return 1/11/2016 at 3:30 p.m. Now I just pray lol

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 50 replies - 51 through 100 (of 6,869 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Kerri

This storm is finally over I got my DDD last Saturday and got my money today! I’ve been through hell and back! I filed on 1/14 should have recieved my DDD on 2/10 but I was selected for random review I contacted a TA immediately! She informed me that the IRS had requested a copy of my w-2 and a letter head from my company faxed all requested info over and my funds were released last Tuesday….. Thank God! I’m glad it’s over for me to everyone who is still waiting hopefully you will be RECIEVING good news soon… I know what it’s like to be on the other end its so frustrating….

Mekia
    @mekia99

@kyiadarling

I had to do the same thing. It normally takes 2 weeks after they receive the paperwork. I didnt have a TA. I have a DDD for tomorrow. Good luck hope u get some good news soon.

amanda h

well after all the pain and suffering I finally got my money at 10:30 last night

KyiaDarling

Hi guys!!!
    Well it’s me again and let me just give a little background:
    Filed on 1/29
    Lost all bars 2/9
    Got a Tax advocate on 2/13
    Was told letter being sent and to contact TA once I receive it.
    Received 12c letter requesting 1095a form on 3/7
    Faced 1095a letter directly to TA on 3/7 and TA called me stating she received info and was going to expedite the process
    Now I’m waiting for an update on WMR not sure how long the process takes to update but I hope I see movement soon????

KyiaDarling

Hi guys!!!
    Filed on 1/29
    Lost all bars 2/9
    Faced 1095a letter directly to TA on 3/7 and TA called me stating she received info and was going to expedite the process
    Now I’m waiting for an update on WMR not sure how long the process takes to update but I hope I see movement soon????

KyiaDarling

Hi guys!!!
    Filed on 1/29
    Lost all bars 2/9

Herestowaiting

So how are others who filed after me getting refunds before me…..
    There are a number of reasons
    1. They filed their taxes at a time when transcripts were not hit with an automatic posting delay code like 570.

2. They are a daily filer

3. Processed before the prescribed outline
    4.no special handling or codes like ID verify, offsets, etc.

Herestowaiting

Another thing I also wanted to share is most people post their cycle code and assume that is the best way to guesstimate a refund DDD and in some instances it may be helpful but, there is actually more than one cycle code. The other cycle code is for the master file and that is the one that we should look at first because it details the cut off dates that potentially lead to a DDD.

If you have your transcript there is an as of date that a lot of people ask about and that is actually the latest date that you should receive your refund by….so it would be the Thursday or prior to the as of date that is your expected DD.

The cycle as I see it (for many not all)……

File
    1 week later ….. Able to order account transcript
    2nd week …..Either RTN TX is available or no movement
    3rd week ….No movement or Return TX available
    4th week …..No movement
    5th week …… DDD
    6th week …… Payout DD …..you will notice that this will be 2-3 days before or after as of date

Herestowaiting

@All. I too am waiting for an update on my DDD which I presume will be on Saturday since I am a weekly filed. I’ve been following since I filed on 2/5 and have observed the various patterns of other participants and their experience with the IRS. Before I share what I believe to be the pattern, may I ask you to take this information, allow the suggested timeline to work and stop calling IRS getting yourself all frazzled. One thing is for sure tax advocates are merely the middle man to pass on information. They have no override authority, they are IRS employees. So although theyre assigned to assist tax payers they are not play makers. There are very few tax payers who get any real assistance from T.A. if you notice most of the people who say they got a T.A. and sped things up were already within the time frame for their return to be completed anyway! It’s not the people who are getting the 4464c letters who get prompt responses. You form your own opinion but this is mine.

Weekly filers
    Now from what I have observed most of the people who filed beginning the official day filing started, 1/19 through 2/6 were entered into the system with a two week delay on processing. So, you filed 1/19…..couldn’t order account TX til 2/12…..the following week 2/19 you could order return TX….(This group was divided over3-4 disbursement dates 2/27, 3/4, 3/9…..3/16 should c!ear out most of the remaining depending on the number of weeks you were delayed…anywhere from 1-3 weeks. So if you filed during this time and have not gotten any codes, letters aside fromCP05 who h has to be issued after 30 days and when you called you’re told review….those are their instructions…….. you should get a DDD. So you will notice that you were able to order your rtn TX real close to what would have been your 21st day. Depending on when your return was processed the day as well as the time determines where you fall in line. You should also take into account if you were flagged for any reason, that would cause you at least a one week delay. I’m going to post examples shortly. I just really don’t want people rushing to T.A. who in many cases can open a can of worms that you could avoid if we knew a little more about the process.

Joshua

@Texasgirl
    My direct deposit date is March 9th… do they release my funds that day or do they release it to your bank that day then I will have to wait a few days until the money is available?

amanda h

So I finally got a ddd of 3/9 but I filed an amendment this past Friday thru the tax advocate, he said he would put a super expedite on it, so I woke up the next day with the ddd, but when I check wmr its with the original amount not the amount after the amendment, I wonder if they will still ddd on 3/9 or will they freeze it?

Anonymous

I have been following this post for a while and haven’t posted. So here’s my timeline:
    File 1/16
    Accepted 1/19
    Lost bars 2/06
    Order transcripts 2/12
    Was told my refund was under review since Jan. Didn’t get a letter. TA not really helping. Was told it would be 45 days then 60 days and 11 weeks. My transcript has a code of 540 I know is a freeze code but had $0.00 beside it…no letter is going to be sent out to me. So am I going to get my refund soon? I just don’t understand why is it taking so long and why the irs won’t give me any information. Ugh…I hope I Dnt have to wait to much longer. Anybody else going thru this?

Mekia
    @mekia99

@ Texasgirl

After almost 2 months of waiting. I finally have a DDD of March 10. This has been a long roller coaster ride. I pray next year be better. I will make sure I have all my ducks in a row. To everybody that got a DDD congrats and to the ones that’s still waiting hang on in there. It’s hard but you will see the light at the end of the tunnel. Texasgirl I hope u enjoy your cruise. I want to say thanks for being so helpful to me and others. You were truly helpful. I will be in San Antonio next month taking my kids back to Sea World since we got rained out last year during Memorial Day weekend. Gotta use my raincheck before they expire lol. Im also coming to Austin to take the boys back to the state capitol never know I might run across u lol. You are truly a blessing from God and I wish there were more people like you. Again have enough fun for me on your cruise.

carmen

Guess ill just continue to sit and wait this is just nuts called due to the letter i received stating i needed to ID Verify just for them to tell me im beyond ID verification they switch me over to another line and the agent there says u have a TA so we cannot give you any information on that. My TA calls me today and says they have already input the adjustment to take off the freeze just waiting for it to post he said that last week Monday to me and now today he says the same says i dont know what is taking them so long to release he said hopefully this friday i should have an update lets see. this is just unreal.smdh

waiting

1-23: filed/accepted
    2-4: able to order return transcript
    2-8: called IRS to check status, told my refund was on hold
    2-8: requested Tax Advocate
    2-11: told I was under review for income verification; faxed info same day
    2-13: lost bars, but kept tt 152
    2-22: called TA for update, was told case assigned and actively being worked. IRS had until March 1-2 to respond if not before
    3-1: TA called and advised refund is being released, but could take 3 weeks to issue refund

I did receive a CP05 letter with 2/29 date

3-6: woke up to 2 bars and DDD of 3/10

Capstun

@ upset at the IRS

I filed the 14th of Jan called after 21 days said I was resequenced and to wait to weeks..After two weeks was told in review…no letters no codes….still waiting….

Very upset with irs

File 1/16
    Accepted 1/19
    Lost bars 2/06
    Order transcripts 2/12
    Was told my refund was under review since Jan. Didn’t get a letter. TA not really helping. Was told it would be 45 days then 60 days and 11 weeks. My transcript has a code of 540 which I know is a freeze code but had $0.00 beside it…no letter is going to be sent out to me. So am I going to get my refund soon? I just don’t understand why is it taking so long and why the irs won’t give me any information. Ugh…I hope I Dnt have to wait to much longer. Anybody else going thru this?

Tysha Price

Good Morning. Here’s an update…

Ordered my transcript on 2/19
    Got my transcript in the mail on Saturday!
    It has some date of 20160505…what does that mean?
    I was told on 2/13 that they were mailing me some letter in which I never received. Did verification on last Tuesday. This is beyond annoying!!

StressedOUT

Update
    I wrote a while ago that I had to file an amended return because TurboTax had screwed up my income amount and my withholdings but my tax advocate just told me that my employer never reported my income so now I have to get a letter verifying my income from my employer and then I have to verify my ID which I’ve already done I filed January 20

Upset Momma with a Toddler

@Texas girl

No none of that relates to me cause I have not used anybody else’s social but mine. I just don’t understand what the hell is going on. I will be calling the irs on Monday. The last two told me that they have until March 10 to finish my return but that doesn’t make sense. I will call tomorrow and get an update one way or another

Jamie

@fedup

I believe you are correct! And lol, notice this site shut down for hours after u said it! Haha they know ur on to their secret ;)

Ack

I filied on 2/5 got accepted same day after 11am. Waited the 21 days, called the irs told i was under review and would be receiving a letter. Received the cp05 letter 3/4 date on letter 3/7. Now wmr showing ddd 3/9. I am confused, am i gettin my return or are they still going to hold it until 4/21 as the cp05 review letter states…uuuuggggg needed my money 2 months ago.

fed up

I honestly think the government /IRS are having money issues with paying refunds and dont want anyone to know and panic the public so they are just saying wait 9 weeks. Even for people that have no obvious hold ups other than a wait time. I mean what else would it be?

Jamie

@texasgirl
    I did my identity verification by phone on 2/4, that’s when the rep told me to wait 9 weeks and that I was being put back in que that day. What’s funny is I have called about 5 times since 2/4 and very rep tells me the same thing, that “it hasn’t been 9 weeks yet, and that I need to wait 9 weeks”..when I tell them to please check if there is anything else they need from me, any codes, any reason why I’m still being held, they tell me “no, you just have to wait the 9 weeks from 2/4″…..something is definetly screwy!

texasgirl

@ALL,

Wish you all the best and I hope and pray that soon good news will be in the near future…just hang in there and stay strong, but be firm in getting your answers….

This is a great group and I am sure there will be many here to carry on during my absence to support and help in any way they can…

Take care, and good luck….please have some good news on the 16th for me….:-).

I am watching the primaries;

Have a good night….sleep well.

P.S. Dom, you hold down the forth ok….:-).

texasgirl

@Dom

LOL, I am already packed and not leaving until afternoon, don’t sail off until 6pm and I will have 7 days to rest and enjoy a long week cruise….and then a few more days before I go back to work on the 21st.

They worked my butt off this last week, I think they were trying to get 3 weeks out of me in one week…hehehehehehhehhehehehe….

My suitcases been packed since last weekend…I plan ahead…lol.

Well, just don’t let me come back and find a you made the World news…trying to get your return processed…lmbo.

Be good and hang in there….kill them with kindness when you go ok….it will get your further…hehehehehhehheheh.

Dom

@Texasgirl yea it is crazy but you know what … Enjoy that cruise…now get off here and go rest up!! you got some cruising to do starting tomorrow..!! Be safe!! I will be here or you will here about me going to the IRS processing office and pushing my return thru myself!!! lmao

texasgirl

@Jaime

You ordered your transcript on 2/12 and still nothing…yep something is wrong. Have you verified your ID yet or got in touch with a TA? Try verifying online or via phone, then call on Monday, if all fails go to your local office…

You should have been updated and refund released by now. Especially if you are NOT in the next update next Saturday or before…wow.

@Dom,

Yes, it has been a very trying and frustrating year, if only IRS would communicate more effectively and truthfully, many of the issues could have been resolve…that made a bad situation worse and put a huge amount of stress and undo hardships on many taxpayers this year….I would file a compliant against them even after all is done….unprofessional to say the least. Crazy year for real..smh

texasgirl

@Carmen @laila

Have you tried to verify online or via phone…try doing it now, then call IRS on Monday and see if they show it has been verified…

1-800-830-5084 Id verification #

https://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/Taxpayers-Receiving-Identity-Verification-Letter-Should-Use-IDVerifyirsgov

@cd

You got your return too early, it had yet to be processed and the generic date of 4-15 is the latest date they can hold your return before paying you interest….end of tax year deadline date for everyone…pay it no attention.

The code 20160705 = week of Feb 15 – 19 this is the cycle date they plan to complete your return. Usually it take about 2 weeks to resequence. Also you are a weekly flier, so since nothing else is holding up your return, you should see an update early Friday morning and a DDD for March 17th or sooner….so I think you are good to go for next weekend update…I really feel like you will be a happy camper…real soon…good luck :-).

@tls,

If you have not verified your ID, I would follow Carmen and laila lead, IRS told them the same thing they did not have to do anything but yet they did…smh. Call them on Monday and pray they will tell you what is going on…so sorry to hear this is happening to so many of you guys…:-(

@Amanda

Dom is correct 570 is a freeze code and the date of 3-7-16 is the date IRS have to remove the freeze from your account….

So if for any reason your refund don’t deposit…it may not take them long to fix the math error and release your refund…maybe only a week delay if any….I hope you see a pending deposit Monday…

Jamie

Still no DDD today. :/ I’m so irritated, filed 1/13 accepted 1/14, Id verified on 2/4, was told I was put back in que that day..ordered return transcripts 2/12..I’ve called numerous times and have asked the reps if there are any issues holding my return from being processed and they all tell me no, but here I sit STILL with no DDD!

Dom

@Texasgirl Crazy? more like annoying…lol But I am not going to get my blood pressure boiling over this. I honestly give up and will sit back and wait.

texasgirl

@fed up

Congrats glad to hear you finally got that ddd…yeahhhhh :-)

@laila @Carmen

You two been asking them for weeks if you needed to do anything, and they kept saying no…and now a letter….wow. This could have been resolved weeks ago and your refunds released. I would file a compliant with upper up and demand answers as to why they did this to you guys…..I am so angry myself to hear this crap…smh. Monday, I would call and be pissed off….good luck, please let me know what you find out.

@Dom,

Maybe she was busy and just didn’t note in the system she had faxed it, hope that is the reason. IRS, has been lying to so many this year and putting many thru unnecessary stress. All you can do is try to get the TA to return your calls with an update….but hopefully you will see some movement before the end of the month….crazy year uh?

DOM

@Amanda the 570 code means there is a freeze on your refund

tls923

No update for me. Im gonna call on Monday and asked to talk to the department that is reviewing my return since im supposely under review. If no answers then I’m just gonna forget about it all together. Justv tired of this game.

Amanda

Does anyne know what code 570 witha date of 3.7.16 next to it means… With no 846 code

cd

@texasgirl
    So I filed 1/22 accepted same day
    Id verify 2/11
    Ordered return transcripts 2/19
    Got a very unhelpful tax advocate last Tuesday said don’t need anything from me
    Got my return transcripts yesterday with no codes on it at all! I mean WH..
    No freeze code nothing
    Never got any letters or codes on wmr
    Transcripts 20160705
    No dates expect the April 15!
    Grrr help!

laila

@texasgirl

Thanks for your respond..just nack from work and i got a letter from them today to id verification through website or calling them on monday what that hell is going on now is unbelievable how many different things they are doing this year

DOM

@Texasgirl No it was the TA hotline that said they did not see any notes that my TA rep got the fax they said she should of noted that already… I hope that will be the case she did tell me when I spoke to her that once she sends the ammended return it will take 4 weeks to get my DD or another letter. MIND YOU I NEVER RECEIVED THE FIRST LETTER!!! NO LETTERS AT ALL!!! lmao and IRS said they were sending me one……way back in January! nothing.

Carmen

This is unreal all this damn wait to get a letter stating that I need to ID verify WTF I can’t believe the games the IRS has going this year..I’m so done with this bullshit..They get on my last nerves..I continued to ask if I needed to do that no your just in review now this I really can’t..soo sooo upset!

fed up

Just letting you guys know that I woke up this morning to my bars back with a DDD of March 9th. wednesday. Hopefully this is the end but i’ll stop holding my breath when i see it in my account! lol. I filed on 1/27 and had tax codes 152 and 9001 and had to get a TA on 02/10. Just a little background on how long it took. I was held up for ID AND income verify and if i hadnt gotten a TA my return would still be in limbo!

texasgirl

@Amanda,

Uhmmmmmm, let’s just hope IRS will let it go thru and will send you notifications that you owe the $700 back or you could just call them and make the payment so you don’t accrue any interest…

But if it is not pending in your account on Monday – Wednesday, then you will know that IRS put a hold on it…

good luck…

impatiently waiting

@texasgirl

I ordered my transcripts(both) on 2/12 and 2/19 they never came. I ordered again by phone this time on 3/3 so we will see. I will just file an amended return after the 15th if I cannot get that employer who is MIA to verify income etc. I am almost positive this is the hold up and I am sure IRS can’t find them either :-/

amanda h

@Texasgirl

After I did the ammendment yesterday it was $700 less than original but when I check the wmr with the original amount it says ddd 3/9

texasgirl

@Elizabeth,

Yep, that is what the code 971 was referring to that a letter was in the mail….so you got it Cp05 ugh….

Scroll down, I provided some information regarding this type of letter….here is some additional information on that topic…hope this helps…good luck ok

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Understanding-Your-IRS-Notice-or-Letter

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130307172654AAPEc2f

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaIkOnBbwQs

texasgirl

@DOM

Hey homie….there you are…miss you my friend. Ahhhhhhh so sorry you have to wait so long, but you are moving tho, and you are lucky you got that TA, I think she will get your refund release most likely by the 23rd, this is why she gave you that date; usually they do because they feel you will have your ddd by that time….now I am surprise IRS is saying they do not see any fax info tho…that worries me…hope she will return your call next week with some good news/update. You are a trooper, so I know you will hang in there until the end :-). Give up, not you…lol. See it thru the end….eventually it will come…when is the question right?….:-). I hope upon my return….you will update me with good news…so save your post until I get back…ok. I want to do the Happy Dance with everyone that got their ddd while I was gone…and thank you for the well wishes while on my trip….I hope it be a safe one, I just seen on the news ships had to turn around due to storm…yikes…:-) Hang in there my friend …ok.

@Lizzy

20160505 – week of Feb 1 -5, this is when IRS started processing your return but stop due to backlog, and issues they may have found….you been resequenced. You are updated on Friday mornings and ddd will be updated on Saturday….so keep your fingers cross you are almost at the finish line….still keep checking the account and hopefully before March 17th you will see a ddd…good luck. I am pulling for you ok…

@lalia

Yes, I had to send a Income Letter to verify what was reported on my W-2 and if it was not for the assist of a TA it would have taken 60 days waiting on IRS to contact my employer to verify on their own….scroll down a little bit and I broke it down in full details my experience and what I had to do. After a TA, it took IRS to respond back to her in a week, then the next week my refund was released….

So, yes you really do need to do something….or wait until IRS does….please read my post it will tell you everything in details.

Keep calling them and demanding they let you know what you can send …..or take to the local office, that will be a good first step…..for now if you don’t get anywhere with them on the phone…ok.

Ask them again to generate you a hardship for an advocate to contact you….good luck ok

texasgirl

@impatiently waiting

That is indeed a generic message, I had that on my account transcript last year…it just saying they need to complete it by the end of tax year which of course is April 15. If they don’t then every day after that day, they owe you interest, just like we will owe them interest if we don’t file or pay by that date…

Keep on them until they give you some insight on what is holding it up so long….if you have done everything you can do, I am baffled. When were you able to order your return transcript? I am hoping you will see yours on or before the 17th as well….I would call them all next week until they tell me something…

Also, keep your eye on your bank, and the WMR does update all weekend…so let’s hope for a surprise ddd or pending deposit….

Check via phone as well….I hear that update that before the WMR…ok. Keep me posted

800-304-3107 IRS Offset Hotline
    800-829-1954 IRS Refund Status Hotline
    800-908-9946 Transcript Request Hotline

Good luck…ok

texasgirl

@patrick

Wow, why is IRS asking you to verify your identity so late in the game….they should have done this weeks ago…smh.

Well I heard it did not take more than 1-2 weeks after people verified their ids to get their ddd….so you may still see one this upcoming week or by the 17th the latest. Don’t think it will be that much longer…

Keep the faith and stay strong…you getting close to the end of this horrible journey…sure isn’t a memorable one uh…:-(

texasgirl

@Lizzy

Since you were able to order your transcript on 2-26, look like you may have just missed the update on Saturday, but hey, you never know you may see a pending deposit this week, the WMR sometimes does not always update and you can see your refund before it does…so keep your eye on your bank…worse case, you should be in the next batch for a ddd on March 17th or sooner.

So don’t get too discourage just yet, I have seen some strange behavior with the IRS this year…anything is possible..they do release refunds manually not always in batches…so a few trickle in between huge updates…so keep your fingers cross you be surprise this upcoming week….ok.

Good luck :-)

laila

@texasgirl

Can you let me know if u did receive your return after the 60 days and did yiy send any info to the irs after getting that 4464c letter i dont mind the wait…just want ti know would they give me my refund after all that wait…im just tired kf calling them and i cant even get a TA cause they said i had to wait fir letter and the 60 days can u give more info and sorry to bother if anyone else has any info that can help me understand this letter which i hasnt receive it yet gladly appreciate it

texasgirl

@Nikki

Wow, that really sucks. Uhmmmmmm you still can’t order your return yet. What was the last thing told to you by IRS? If you are a weekly, you most likely won’t see another update until next Friday….that do update transcripts/wmr daily so it is still early…keep trying to order via phone /online…and checking…refresh my memory did you ever get an advocate? If so, what did they tell you…this is really unreal.

Who know what may happen…

800-304-3107 IRS Offset Hotline
    800-829-1954 IRS Refund Status Hotline
    800-908-9946 Transcript Request Hotline

Viewing 50 replies - 51 through 100 (of 6,869 total)

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.