I got accepted already for early filers.

• Creator
    Topic

Mary

I filed my taxes with TT on 1/7/2016 and got an email from TT today that the IRS accepted my return 1/11/2016 at 3:30 p.m. Now I just pray lol

Viewing 200 replies - 1 through 200 (of 6,869 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Britdixon

Cycle code 20160505 please explain what this mean please.
    Filed 1/26
    COP05 Notice Dated 2/29

Jamie

Finally got a DDD of 04/27/16. So 105 days total, but I’m glad to finally see a DDD!

Jamie

I don’t know if anyone is still coming to this forum..just updating in case anyone else is getting irs screwed like me. Am still waiting still no updates. Has been over 3 months since I first filed. Will update when I finally get a DDD or my money.

Jamie

So apparently when my review was closed out on 2/3 they closed it out with an old code from a few years ago..in turn making my account “unpostable” or in a “freeze”…soooooo..I got a rep on the phone who saw where the wrong code was punched in, so he’s sending it to another department to get released.. I still have no codes or errors just the irs putting the wrong closing code on my review..geez this is ridiculous

Otha Blume

Great Article. blog post ! I am thankful for the points ! Does someone know if I might obtain a sample IRS 8879 copy to complete ?

Cd

Filed 1/22/16 accepted same day
    I’d verify 2/11
    Return transcripts 2/19
    No codes or problems
    After 9 weeks of waiting finally a ddd of 3/30/16
    Will update when it hits my bank account.
    Stressful year over thanks everyone!

Jamie

Ok so I just called the irs. I’m posting this on case anyone else is STILL waiting like me.
    I filed 1/13
    Accepted 1/14
    Lost bars and no topic 1/30
    Called to check on status, had to do identity verification 2/4 (was told had to wait 9 weeks)
    So I’ve been stressed and calling at least once a week to check on my taxes they keep saying nothing wrong that I have to wait the full 9 weeks.
    Well a week an a half ago I called and was told that my account was under review since 1/23. That my 9 weeks was actually up today 3/25. So I called back a few minutes ago..I got ahold of a really nice lady who looked at my account to see what’s going on. She said she sees no errors, but that on 2/3 they closed the review. And that everything has been closed and I should recieve my return by the second week of April because that would make 6-8 weeks from 2/3 when they closed my review…
    I tell you what..this is very stressful and crazy. This year has been absolutely wacked. No one should have to wait this long for a return with no errors. I don’t know what’s going on with the irs but they really need to get it together for future years.

Jamie

Well today is my 9 week mark and still no updates, no deposit to the bank. I guess I have to get a tax advocate today. Oh, I was told this whole time no tax codes, no reason to hold my taxes up, that everything is fine just gave to wait my 9 weeks…what a joke

Ic

@cd
    I wonder do the ta call the job. I’m at a point Wea I would make the letter myself if I have to smh. This is just taking way to long. And to not hear nothing is the worst part of it all. The tax season is just about over with and a lot of people still haven’t gotten their money yet it’s sad.

Cd

@lc
    I hear I filed 1/22/16 still nothing and my tax advocate is a joke. I have no codes at all none no letters nothing this whole time not even a hold code. Nothing wrong with my taxes but still waiting.

Ic

I’m so over this tax year. I jst give up. I’m tired of waiting for my money and still no updates.
    I filed on 1/16
    Accepted 1/19
    Bars gne 2/6
    Order trans w/ new add in 2/12
    Got 570 on trans wit date 2/29/06 0.00
    No letter have been sent out and I Dnt hve a code in my trans to show that one is going out.
    Got a ta that said send in hardship and income verf.
    Contact my job that says their info may not match way through irs has.
    But still have been seeing pple get ddd with the same timeline as me who has done nothing get their money. I mean come on now…how much longer do I have to wait to get my money??? I’m at a point um just gone stop worrying and if it come it come.

Ilovemykids

Just need some relieve,I had the 1121 code and take action on my Wmr site and I was under review, now it’s say we have received your return and it is being processed no bar. So it must of updated this morning since the site updates on Saturdays.Is that a good thing will I be getting a ddd soon.

Me&my3

I have been following since 1/19/16 never posted. I didnt know that this irs bs was worldwide. Im going through this as well. I filed 2/13 id verified 2/23 and is still waiting. Cant order transcripts as of 3/19. Im so stressed i cant eat cant sleep. I have bills that are pass due things getting cut off. I was going to get a ta but from the sound of things their not helpful. At this point ima just give up.

cd

Filed 1/22/16
    Id verify 2/11/2016
    Return transcripts 2/19/2016
    Tax advocate 3/1/2016 he is useless!
    8 weeks and still waiting!
    Got call from tax advocate 3/18/2016 saying refund is being released but could tax a few more weeks. He will call me in a few weeks with other update. WT…..
    Tax advocate did nothing BC in a few weeks it will be 9 weeks since I did Id verification anyway! Give me a break! And have to go thru this again next year!

Amanda

Yes!!!!!!! Accepted 1.19……Id verified 2/17…… Ordered transcript…2.19……. 570 code 3.7.16 next to it finaally woke up to DDD 3.23.16

Amanda

So just a updated…. Accepted 1.19 I’d verified 2.17…. Ordered transcripts 2.19…… No update at all just called irs they say just wait 9 weeks…. Really sun ppl got there’s a few days after verified I’m going in a month later grrr o yes I had a 570 on my transcript wit 3.7.16 next to it

Angel

I’m beyond pissed… went into the irs office on the 9th…
    called today to see if theres any update they told me to call the id verify line.
    i did and now they are saying it has not been released they dont know why to make another appointment. that they had to release it after i verified . im so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dom

@texasgirl Where you at? Vacation is over!!! LOL

Jamie

Also what was the point in having me do an identity verification on 2/4 if they already had me under review..was that an excuse to make me wait so they could play around with my taxes!?

Jamie

So I called in to see if they can see any projected DDD, or tell me anything new..i let her do all the digging and then all the talking..I was told that my account was pulled for review on 1/23, and that my nine week mark was from 1/23, and that 3/25 will make nine weeks..she also said she doesn’t see a DDD yet…um the 25th is very close so shouldn’t they have a DDD in their computer by now.? She said she sees nothing else in the computer just that I need to wait the 9 weeks. This is absolutely crazy. So I guess when the 25th comes and goes then they will have to assign an advocate to my case and I will have to wait even longer?!? This is really got my ticked!

Dom

@amanda H Well I got lucky and my TA called me on Monday and told me she went over my earnings statement and the IRS rep took me off verification hold and sent my return to be ammended so my TA said it will take approx. 4 weeks to get my refund finally maybe sooner depending on how fast the Ammended return dept takes to make the corrections.
    I am NEVER filing early again. The crazy thing is now I got Turbo Tax constantly emailing me asking for their fee payment which was supposed to be taken out of my refund. I am going to call them today and tell them hey I have to wait so do you bc they are the ones who push you to file early so I am blaming them for this mess as well bc I never file early but this year gave it a shot and got caught in all this mess.

Tysha Price

Well my wait has finally come to an end!!! I woke up this morning to a direct deposit!!!! But still no change on WMR! It was literally 2 weeks after I did my id verification!! So guys it’s coming…

Isabella Marie

Hi all!
    I can’t believe the tax stress this year! Man o man.
    I filed 1/25 the got a letter a couple of days before March 7 dated March 7. Cp05 letter saying to not take any action. Anyone else received this letter? Thanks. They say it takes 60 days to review but I have heard people say about 3 weeks after the date on the letter you will probably get a DDD, does that sound true?
    Has any one been through this ?
    Thanks so much !

KyiaDarling

**Update**
    Here’s my timeline:
    F/A 1/29
    Bars disappeared 2/09
    Got TA 2/11
    Received 12c letter on 3/5 requesting 1095a form I faxed back 3/5
    TA called me on 3/10 said she recv’d 1095a form and would request for case to be expedited.
    Called 1-866-682-7451 ext568 today to get an update and actually got a nice lady who took the time to look into my account and she told me the case was closed out today and I have a “projected” DDD of 3/28…She said it could be earlier but can’t say for sure. I guess my question is does that mean I will get a DDD on that projected date, or is that the time frame for now until then? I am a weekly filer so I’m not quite sure when or if I will see an actual update:(

FLraiseD

Ughhhhh! Got the second set of transcripts & now they added another code! Guess that 570 was getting a little lonely…welcome to the family you 971 notice issued on 3/14 little buddy ;) ;) Lmaooo! Could be a CP05 like he got in 2014 saying he didn’t need to do anything. BUT seeing as how they said they were checking his wages to make sure everything was correct .. It could be a “wage verification” letter… Has anyone gotten one of those bad boys? He left both jobs last year for a much better just ONE job this year. So getting anything from his employer would not only be a nightmare but a complete inconvenience!!! If they just want his two W2s I’ll fax them yesterday haha! Since it says it’s issued “3/14” does that mean it won’t be mailed out until then or he will get it in a day or two? I’ve seen people get their letters and say that they were dated almost a week in advance sometimes. That seems to be the norm actually! This nightmare will not end. Will a TA even take you if you’re in review???? I feel they might be able to see something the IRS does too but just won’t tell him cause they don’t care and know he’ll get a letter weeks from now telling him what to do. Even though they could just tell him ON THE PHONE and be nice enough to give him a head start instead of having to wait for the letter to take action if they do end up needing something! This whole system is flawed. Not the kind of flaws you learn to love (or at least accept ) from your S.O. Either!! Hahah =D This is one of the hardest working men I know (Bragging rights like a mofo!<3) lol .. But really and he’s constantly getting messed with by the IRS even though they’ve never found anything actually wrong! It’s like they are out to get him! Jesus I know so many single moms right now who have made $5,000 last year. ALL YEAR! Worked an entire 3 out of 12 months. BUT is getting almost $12,000 back. Yes… T W E L V E || T H O U S A N D !!! Solely for having 3 kids! Who their mothers watched more than half the time! Ok sorry but THAT is one of the flaws I was speaking on. I believe in helping the single mommies but WTF man .. If I gotta work so I can one day have children of my own and make sure I’m financially stable before I do so than it should be even 10x more of the same reasoning for an actual mother! You work your A$$ off to support your kids! 12k is an unholy amount of money all at once! Let’s be honest that’s all just for having children come out of you!!! I’ve literally debated on getting pregnant JUST to get help for my TUITION AND FAFSA!! I have to pay $500 a month for school. Mothers? Oh no .. Moms GET PAID TO GO TO SCHOOL! That’s right y’all .. They get overpaid in student loans/grants that it goes into an account for them to just use. It’s like up to $3,000 a semester!!! Ugh… It’s so unfair. I’m sorry but it is! And I’m no hater! I love how bada$$ these moms are who literally do everything & then some for their kids! Who’s child support payments actually go to .. THE KIDS!! Not to mommies new outfit & purses! I fully support good moms getting this much money back especially when it’s to spoil their kids … Vacation … Bikes .. Books … A new puppy .. What have you. But sadly I’m pissed because I see only ONE out of TEN moms actually doin that. And also if they’re struggling I fully support you paying off your car or paying rent 3 months in advance and stuff like that. But not for mommy to blow on herself or her boyfriend. I just see a lot of crooked shit going on with these “tax filers”&& that to me is the worst one. Basically USING YOUR CHILDREN. Shit… Their grandmas should claim the kids since that’s who watches them most of the time lol. But FR it’s just a damn shame … We bust our asses honestly at work Monday -Friday and do everything right & get screwed while baby momma already done bought her MK bag & bought her man whatever he wanted. They got the kids gummy bears hahaha. Alright I’m done .. Just had to get it off my chest! But really though if somebody can answer my serious questions I’d really appreciate it!<3333 Wage verification letter or info they want? Anybody else with a 971 with 3/14 next to it on account trans? :( It’s so frustrating I could scream! But I’m gonna cry because it feels so much better lol

Confused99

Did anyone else receive a check instead of DD? I was an early filer who finally got approved last week..i filed through turbo tax and was told by the IRS they are mailing me a check instead of DD…I am a bit confused.

Lizzy

@ Texasgirl or anyone

I received a letter from the IRS stating that they had adjusted my refund in my favor, I am getting more money now. In the letter it said if you haven’t received your refund of $XXXX.00 then you should receive it within 4-6 weeks. Does that mean I should get a Direct Deposit date any day now? Has anyone else received this letter and shortly after received their refund? When would you expect to receive the refund after receiving this letter. I had to overnight my 1095A form because I had insurance from the marketplace.

Filed return: 01/06/16

Accepted by IRS: 01/12/16, or opening day 01/19/16

Overnighted my 1095A/received by IRS on 02/03/16

Updated on 02/26/16 from “we are still processing your return and a date will be when available” to “we have received your return and it is processing”

Received on 03/12/16 letter from IRS dated 03/14/15 Adjusted refund in my favor

***No update on WWR since 02/26/16***

Ic

@carmen
    Hey
    Did you get a TA or have to send in any paperwork in order to get your refund?

Ic

@carmen
    Thnk you. You gave me a little hope because the irs sure not giving any type of information. This tax year has been the worst! On top of that the irs reps are so rude!!! Hopefully I see a ddd soon. I never had to wait this long before.

Carmen

@Ic
    Hang in there it’s coming I had the exact same timeline u had and I just got a ddd this Saturday for 3/16/16 so anytime now..and yes my freeze code had no amount beside it either..

amanda h

@Dom

When I took my stuff to the adovate before he could get it to the irs for verificateion I got a ddd, and they did not contact my employer or not yet anyways

DOM

I got a good question for anyone who had to do an income verification letter… Did the IRS contact your employer? My tax advocate told me they might or might not. My employer thinks I screwed something up on my taxes when in fact his accounting people screwed up my W2!! So he thinks if the IRS calls him he is in trouble…smh

Willis
    Participant

@jamie

Sorry to hear that you got no update yet. It is coming tho. They can’t hold it forever. I hope you get it soon. Best of luck to you.

Ic

@carmen
    I filed on 1/16
    Accepted 1/19
    Lost bars on 2/6
    Was able to order transcripts on 2/12
    I just don’t understand why it’s taking so long. I got no letters or no codes on wmr. I know the 570 is a freeze code. What I don’t understand is what the date 2-29-2016 mean beside it. Is it the date they removing da freeze or what. The have 0.00 beside it. Has this happen to anybody else and they got their money? This tax season is horrible!!!

Tysha Price

So after losing bars on 2/13 an update on WMR saying they have received my refund and they are processing it! I hope this is the end of the road for me!! Did ID verification on 3/1…on 2/13 I was told they were sending a letter out to me…never got that letter!!! Anyone else have that statement on WMR that got a DDD a few days later?!? Please let me know!!!

Jamie

@willis

Congrats to you and all others who got a DDD today..I still don’t have one. I would go ahead and call the irs again but I know they will give me the same runaround..I only have 3 more weeks til my 9 week wait is up since id verifying..so fk them..they gotta come off it sometime soon lol

Phoebe_Joyous1
    Participant

Pot of Gold @ the end of the ——-Where’s my Refund rainbow!
    Hi everyone -I hv flwd the forum for some time seeing how u R assisting one anthr as they ride the waves of WMR? Finally an update worth sharing
    Filed/Accepted-02/01
    WMR bars disappeared-02/12
    Called 02/13-yes this was when staff was wrking wknds to ID VERIFY
    (no ltr received)
    Called IRS- 02/16 to follow-up on status of ID-verify
    Very nice Rep adv all was good -now back in que ( re-sequencing)
    WMR-bars reappeared 02/27
    Called IRS – 03/01 advocate line just to get more indepth expl. correction on Income now released for approval
    Called IRS-03/03 CSR to see if ltr sent out as no movement on WMR)152 code still
    remains
    03/05-Can order transcript ?NO BARS yet 152 remains -“refund date will be …”
    03/08- Called Advocate line (not to request one)but to get a Human being who doesn’t mind answering questions or assisting.He always remained calm and polite to each rep.
    Advocate rep std things hv been corrected allow 6-9 wks but things are moving
    03/12-WMR-DDD 03/18!!!
    My friend always keep the faith,he was polite with each IRS rep btw he used a professional tax preparer the correction was due toHIM not waiting on a settlement 1099-R form from an old emplyer :(–nvr rc’d transcript
    *don’t rush to file wait on ALL of your W2,1099,10-95,etc to file
    *always remain calm w/the IRS Rep they don’t hold a magic wand
    *pray before each call& only call when u are calm and can receive the response whether positive or negative
    *keep calm your refnd or ltr will come soon
    ((((my prayer is GOD please release a refund to each person who is due a rfnd QUICKLY-amen!))))
    @texasgirl you Lady R amazing,kind,such a sweet spirit as Ive noticed all of the assistance you and others hv provided to the ppl on this forum.God Bless U all

Amanda

@FLraiseD same here accepted 1/19…. Did id verify on 2/16 and was able to order transcripts 2/18… When i got the account transcript everything was normal except the 570 with a date of 3.7.2016… An still no update……. I have no idea whats going on and almost afraid to call …..

Willis
    Participant

So after 2 months, I finally got a DDD for 3/16. Yay. Now we just wait for the deposit. Hopefully all the other early filers get some good news soon if they have not already.

FLraiseD

F/A 2/2
    Lost bars 2/19
    Finally could order both trans 2/22
    But with no DDD we called on the 23rd day and was initially told its was a review and to wait 30-60 days. No letters going out and nothing more they needed from us. Transcripts had 570 code with 3/7 for the date. Called on the 8th to see what they decided and was told that they are just manually looking over his W2 to make sure everything was correct. So basically they didn’t lift the hold but extended the review but this time was told yes it’s a 45 day review (not 30-60 we are originally told) and that still no letters or anything needed and to just wait it out. Was hoping to see the wording change from tax return is STILL being processed to tax return has been received. Cause usually that change follows with a DDD but sure as hell its still the same damn generic message it’s been for weeks now! So frustrating because it would literally take 20 minutes to look over what the info we put down for his return and what his w2 states. It’s complete bs!

Willis
    Participant

As of this morning we were finally able to order our return transcripts. Maybe that means that we will get an update this weekend. One can only hope. So ready for this nightmare to be over.

@carmen

From now on we are going to have someone do our taxes. Paying a little bit is better than waiting 2 months. Today was our 2 months since being accepted.

carmen

@Ic
    code 570 is a freeze code i had the same code on the 3 transcripts i had with no amount next to it but they are still holding my funds hostage. when did you file?

carmen

@willis
    All we can do is wait i have been waiting i filed 1/14 accepted 1/19 got transcripts for account and refund on 2/5 lost bars and tt got a TA and still waiting hes been telling me for the past 3 weeks that the freeze has been lifted and all i need to wait is for the funds to post. Im really hoping i get some good news this weekend 3/14 makes 2 months since i did my taxes the longest i ever had to wait next year i think ill mail it out instead this is nuts.

Ic

Good morning…
    Does anyone know what code 570 with dat 2-29-2016 with 0.00 beside it mean?

Willis
    Participant

@jamie

The frustration is there for sure. But what can we do? I’ll post if I get an update or not as well. Hopefully we do. I’m tired of waiting.

Jamie

@willis

That’s what the irs tells me too..to wait the 9 weeks from 2/4..I’ve told them that’s crap because I know other People who filed AFTER me and verified AFTER me have gotten theirs..they tell me that “everyone’s taxes are different” wtf ever lol..I think they are playing some kind of games this year..more to the story I’m sure..hopefully we get a DDD for Saturday morning! I’m trying to stay positive because I know ‘eventually’ they have to pay up..just frustrating! I know you are feeling the same frustration. I’ll keep my update on here Saturday morning whether I got a DDD or not.

Willis
    Participant

@jamie

I have called the IRS several times. No answers. Just the same BS over and over again. That 6-8 weeks crap that everyone had gotten told. TA is telling me the same thing when I can get a hold of him. This is complete BS. I’m so tired of waiting. We shouldn’t have to wait at all. It’s our money. We work for it and they take it. Then when it comes time to give it back, they don’t want to.

Jamie

@willis

I’m still waiting also. Filed mine 1/13 accepted 1/14. I had to do identity verify on 2/4. Mine reads “still processing your return”. Have you called the irs? What do they tell you? All they tell me is that nothing is wrong and to wait..lol it’s beyond ridiculous how long Tax payers are having to wait this year!

Willis
    Participant

So, Are there any early filers still waiting? I files thru TT on 1/7 accepted 1/11. They didn’t start processing until 1/19. Bars and tax topic gone end of Jan with “Your return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available.” Now as of 3/10 mine still says the same, but my husbands says “We received your return and it is being processed.” Anyone know anything about it? Is that good? Does it mean nothing? We have had a TA since 2/16 and he has been very little help. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Carmen

@kerri Thank God it’s finally over for u I’m still waiting but I know it won’t be long my TA said I should have news hopefully this weekend..

Kerri

This storm is finally over I got my DDD last Saturday and got my money today! I’ve been through hell and back! I filed on 1/14 should have recieved my DDD on 2/10 but I was selected for random review I contacted a TA immediately! She informed me that the IRS had requested a copy of my w-2 and a letter head from my company faxed all requested info over and my funds were released last Tuesday….. Thank God! I’m glad it’s over for me to everyone who is still waiting hopefully you will be RECIEVING good news soon… I know what it’s like to be on the other end its so frustrating….

Mekia
    Participant

@kyiadarling

I had to do the same thing. It normally takes 2 weeks after they receive the paperwork. I didnt have a TA. I have a DDD for tomorrow. Good luck hope u get some good news soon.

amanda h

well after all the pain and suffering I finally got my money at 10:30 last night

KyiaDarling

Hi guys!!!
    Well it’s me again and let me just give a little background:
    Filed on 1/29
    Lost all bars 2/9
    Got a Tax advocate on 2/13
    Was told letter being sent and to contact TA once I receive it.
    Received 12c letter requesting 1095a form on 3/7
    Faced 1095a letter directly to TA on 3/7 and TA called me stating she received info and was going to expedite the process
    Now I’m waiting for an update on WMR not sure how long the process takes to update but I hope I see movement soon????

KyiaDarling

Hi guys!!!
    Filed on 1/29
    Lost all bars 2/9
    Faced 1095a letter directly to TA on 3/7 and TA called me stating she received info and was going to expedite the process
    Now I’m waiting for an update on WMR not sure how long the process takes to update but I hope I see movement soon????

KyiaDarling

Hi guys!!!
    Filed on 1/29
    Lost all bars 2/9

Herestowaiting

So how are others who filed after me getting refunds before me…..
    There are a number of reasons
    1. They filed their taxes at a time when transcripts were not hit with an automatic posting delay code like 570.

2. They are a daily filer

3. Processed before the prescribed outline
    4.no special handling or codes like ID verify, offsets, etc.

Herestowaiting

Another thing I also wanted to share is most people post their cycle code and assume that is the best way to guesstimate a refund DDD and in some instances it may be helpful but, there is actually more than one cycle code. The other cycle code is for the master file and that is the one that we should look at first because it details the cut off dates that potentially lead to a DDD.

If you have your transcript there is an as of date that a lot of people ask about and that is actually the latest date that you should receive your refund by….so it would be the Thursday or prior to the as of date that is your expected DD.

The cycle as I see it (for many not all)……

File
    1 week later ….. Able to order account transcript
    2nd week …..Either RTN TX is available or no movement
    3rd week ….No movement or Return TX available
    4th week …..No movement
    5th week …… DDD
    6th week …… Payout DD …..you will notice that this will be 2-3 days before or after as of date

Herestowaiting

@All. I too am waiting for an update on my DDD which I presume will be on Saturday since I am a weekly filed. I’ve been following since I filed on 2/5 and have observed the various patterns of other participants and their experience with the IRS. Before I share what I believe to be the pattern, may I ask you to take this information, allow the suggested timeline to work and stop calling IRS getting yourself all frazzled. One thing is for sure tax advocates are merely the middle man to pass on information. They have no override authority, they are IRS employees. So although theyre assigned to assist tax payers they are not play makers. There are very few tax payers who get any real assistance from T.A. if you notice most of the people who say they got a T.A. and sped things up were already within the time frame for their return to be completed anyway! It’s not the people who are getting the 4464c letters who get prompt responses. You form your own opinion but this is mine.

Weekly filers
    Now from what I have observed most of the people who filed beginning the official day filing started, 1/19 through 2/6 were entered into the system with a two week delay on processing. So, you filed 1/19…..couldn’t order account TX til 2/12…..the following week 2/19 you could order return TX….(This group was divided over3-4 disbursement dates 2/27, 3/4, 3/9…..3/16 should c!ear out most of the remaining depending on the number of weeks you were delayed…anywhere from 1-3 weeks. So if you filed during this time and have not gotten any codes, letters aside fromCP05 who h has to be issued after 30 days and when you called you’re told review….those are their instructions…….. you should get a DDD. So you will notice that you were able to order your rtn TX real close to what would have been your 21st day. Depending on when your return was processed the day as well as the time determines where you fall in line. You should also take into account if you were flagged for any reason, that would cause you at least a one week delay. I’m going to post examples shortly. I just really don’t want people rushing to T.A. who in many cases can open a can of worms that you could avoid if we knew a little more about the process.

Joshua

@texasgirl
    My direct deposit date is March 9th… do they release my funds that day or do they release it to your bank that day then I will have to wait a few days until the money is available?

amanda h

So I finally got a ddd of 3/9 but I filed an amendment this past Friday thru the tax advocate, he said he would put a super expedite on it, so I woke up the next day with the ddd, but when I check wmr its with the original amount not the amount after the amendment, I wonder if they will still ddd on 3/9 or will they freeze it?

Need my $$
    Participant

I have been following this post for a while and haven’t posted. So here’s my timeline:
    File 1/16
    Accepted 1/19
    Lost bars 2/06
    Order transcripts 2/12
    Was told my refund was under review since Jan. Didn’t get a letter. TA not really helping. Was told it would be 45 days then 60 days and 11 weeks. My transcript has a code of 540 I know is a freeze code but had $0.00 beside it…no letter is going to be sent out to me. So am I going to get my refund soon? I just don’t understand why is it taking so long and why the irs won’t give me any information. Ugh…I hope I Dnt have to wait to much longer. Anybody else going thru this?

Mekia
    Participant

@ Texasgirl

After almost 2 months of waiting. I finally have a DDD of March 10. This has been a long roller coaster ride. I pray next year be better. I will make sure I have all my ducks in a row. To everybody that got a DDD congrats and to the ones that’s still waiting hang on in there. It’s hard but you will see the light at the end of the tunnel. Texasgirl I hope u enjoy your cruise. I want to say thanks for being so helpful to me and others. You were truly helpful. I will be in San Antonio next month taking my kids back to Sea World since we got rained out last year during Memorial Day weekend. Gotta use my raincheck before they expire lol. Im also coming to Austin to take the boys back to the state capitol never know I might run across u lol. You are truly a blessing from God and I wish there were more people like you. Again have enough fun for me on your cruise.

carmen

Guess ill just continue to sit and wait this is just nuts called due to the letter i received stating i needed to ID Verify just for them to tell me im beyond ID verification they switch me over to another line and the agent there says u have a TA so we cannot give you any information on that. My TA calls me today and says they have already input the adjustment to take off the freeze just waiting for it to post he said that last week Monday to me and now today he says the same says i dont know what is taking them so long to release he said hopefully this friday i should have an update lets see. this is just unreal.smdh

waiting

1-23: filed/accepted
    2-4: able to order return transcript
    2-8: called IRS to check status, told my refund was on hold
    2-8: requested Tax Advocate
    2-11: told I was under review for income verification; faxed info same day
    2-13: lost bars, but kept tt 152
    2-22: called TA for update, was told case assigned and actively being worked. IRS had until March 1-2 to respond if not before
    3-1: TA called and advised refund is being released, but could take 3 weeks to issue refund

I did receive a CP05 letter with 2/29 date

3-6: woke up to 2 bars and DDD of 3/10

Capstun

@ upset at the IRS

I filed the 14th of Jan called after 21 days said I was resequenced and to wait to weeks..After two weeks was told in review…no letters no codes….still waiting….

Very upset with irs

File 1/16
    Accepted 1/19
    Lost bars 2/06
    Order transcripts 2/12
    Was told my refund was under review since Jan. Didn’t get a letter. TA not really helping. Was told it would be 45 days then 60 days and 11 weeks. My transcript has a code of 540 which I know is a freeze code but had $0.00 beside it…no letter is going to be sent out to me. So am I going to get my refund soon? I just don’t understand why is it taking so long and why the irs won’t give me any information. Ugh…I hope I Dnt have to wait to much longer. Anybody else going thru this?

Tysha Price

Good Morning. Here’s an update…

Ordered my transcript on 2/19
    Got my transcript in the mail on Saturday!
    It has some date of 20160505…what does that mean?
    I was told on 2/13 that they were mailing me some letter in which I never received. Did verification on last Tuesday. This is beyond annoying!!

StressedOUT

Update
    I wrote a while ago that I had to file an amended return because TurboTax had screwed up my income amount and my withholdings but my tax advocate just told me that my employer never reported my income so now I have to get a letter verifying my income from my employer and then I have to verify my ID which I’ve already done I filed January 20

Upset Momma with a Toddler

@texas girl

No none of that relates to me cause I have not used anybody else’s social but mine. I just don’t understand what the hell is going on. I will be calling the irs on Monday. The last two told me that they have until March 10 to finish my return but that doesn’t make sense. I will call tomorrow and get an update one way or another

Jamie

@fedup

I believe you are correct! And lol, notice this site shut down for hours after u said it! Haha they know ur on to their secret ;)

Ack

I filied on 2/5 got accepted same day after 11am. Waited the 21 days, called the irs told i was under review and would be receiving a letter. Received the cp05 letter 3/4 date on letter 3/7. Now wmr showing ddd 3/9. I am confused, am i gettin my return or are they still going to hold it until 4/21 as the cp05 review letter states…uuuuggggg needed my money 2 months ago.

fed up

I honestly think the government /IRS are having money issues with paying refunds and dont want anyone to know and panic the public so they are just saying wait 9 weeks. Even for people that have no obvious hold ups other than a wait time. I mean what else would it be?

Jamie

@texasgirl
    I did my identity verification by phone on 2/4, that’s when the rep told me to wait 9 weeks and that I was being put back in que that day. What’s funny is I have called about 5 times since 2/4 and very rep tells me the same thing, that “it hasn’t been 9 weeks yet, and that I need to wait 9 weeks”..when I tell them to please check if there is anything else they need from me, any codes, any reason why I’m still being held, they tell me “no, you just have to wait the 9 weeks from 2/4″…..something is definetly screwy!

texasgirl

@ALL,

Wish you all the best and I hope and pray that soon good news will be in the near future…just hang in there and stay strong, but be firm in getting your answers….

This is a great group and I am sure there will be many here to carry on during my absence to support and help in any way they can…

Take care, and good luck….please have some good news on the 16th for me….:-).

I am watching the primaries;

Have a good night….sleep well.

P.S. Dom, you hold down the forth ok….:-).

texasgirl

@Dom

LOL, I am already packed and not leaving until afternoon, don’t sail off until 6pm and I will have 7 days to rest and enjoy a long week cruise….and then a few more days before I go back to work on the 21st.

They worked my butt off this last week, I think they were trying to get 3 weeks out of me in one week…hehehehehehhehhehehehe….

My suitcases been packed since last weekend…I plan ahead…lol.

Well, just don’t let me come back and find a you made the World news…trying to get your return processed…lmbo.

Be good and hang in there….kill them with kindness when you go ok….it will get your further…hehehehehhehheheh.

Dom

@texasgirl yea it is crazy but you know what … Enjoy that cruise…now get off here and go rest up!! you got some cruising to do starting tomorrow..!! Be safe!! I will be here or you will here about me going to the IRS processing office and pushing my return thru myself!!! lmao

texasgirl

@Jaime

You ordered your transcript on 2/12 and still nothing…yep something is wrong. Have you verified your ID yet or got in touch with a TA? Try verifying online or via phone, then call on Monday, if all fails go to your local office…

You should have been updated and refund released by now. Especially if you are NOT in the next update next Saturday or before…wow.

@Dom,

Yes, it has been a very trying and frustrating year, if only IRS would communicate more effectively and truthfully, many of the issues could have been resolve…that made a bad situation worse and put a huge amount of stress and undo hardships on many taxpayers this year….I would file a compliant against them even after all is done….unprofessional to say the least. Crazy year for real..smh

texasgirl

@Carmen @laila

Have you tried to verify online or via phone…try doing it now, then call IRS on Monday and see if they show it has been verified…

1-800-830-5084 Id verification #

https://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/Taxpayers-Receiving-Identity-Verification-Letter-Should-Use-IDVerifyirsgov

@cd

You got your return too early, it had yet to be processed and the generic date of 4-15 is the latest date they can hold your return before paying you interest….end of tax year deadline date for everyone…pay it no attention.

The code 20160705 = week of Feb 15 – 19 this is the cycle date they plan to complete your return. Usually it take about 2 weeks to resequence. Also you are a weekly flier, so since nothing else is holding up your return, you should see an update early Friday morning and a DDD for March 17th or sooner….so I think you are good to go for next weekend update…I really feel like you will be a happy camper…real soon…good luck :-).

@tls,

If you have not verified your ID, I would follow Carmen and laila lead, IRS told them the same thing they did not have to do anything but yet they did…smh. Call them on Monday and pray they will tell you what is going on…so sorry to hear this is happening to so many of you guys…:-(

@amanda

Dom is correct 570 is a freeze code and the date of 3-7-16 is the date IRS have to remove the freeze from your account….

So if for any reason your refund don’t deposit…it may not take them long to fix the math error and release your refund…maybe only a week delay if any….I hope you see a pending deposit Monday…

Jamie

Still no DDD today. :/ I’m so irritated, filed 1/13 accepted 1/14, Id verified on 2/4, was told I was put back in que that day..ordered return transcripts 2/12..I’ve called numerous times and have asked the reps if there are any issues holding my return from being processed and they all tell me no, but here I sit STILL with no DDD!

Dom

@texasgirl Crazy? more like annoying…lol But I am not going to get my blood pressure boiling over this. I honestly give up and will sit back and wait.

texasgirl

@fed up

Congrats glad to hear you finally got that ddd…yeahhhhh :-)

@laila @Carmen

You two been asking them for weeks if you needed to do anything, and they kept saying no…and now a letter….wow. This could have been resolved weeks ago and your refunds released. I would file a compliant with upper up and demand answers as to why they did this to you guys…..I am so angry myself to hear this crap…smh. Monday, I would call and be pissed off….good luck, please let me know what you find out.

@Dom,

Maybe she was busy and just didn’t note in the system she had faxed it, hope that is the reason. IRS, has been lying to so many this year and putting many thru unnecessary stress. All you can do is try to get the TA to return your calls with an update….but hopefully you will see some movement before the end of the month….crazy year uh?

DOM

@amanda the 570 code means there is a freeze on your refund

tls923

No update for me. Im gonna call on Monday and asked to talk to the department that is reviewing my return since im supposely under review. If no answers then I’m just gonna forget about it all together. Justv tired of this game.

Amanda

Does anyne know what code 570 witha date of 3.7.16 next to it means… With no 846 code

cd

@texasgirl
    So I filed 1/22 accepted same day
    Id verify 2/11
    Ordered return transcripts 2/19
    Got a very unhelpful tax advocate last Tuesday said don’t need anything from me
    Got my return transcripts yesterday with no codes on it at all! I mean WH..
    No freeze code nothing
    Never got any letters or codes on wmr
    Transcripts 20160705
    No dates expect the April 15!
    Grrr help!

laila

@texasgirl

Thanks for your respond..just nack from work and i got a letter from them today to id verification through website or calling them on monday what that hell is going on now is unbelievable how many different things they are doing this year

DOM

@texasgirl No it was the TA hotline that said they did not see any notes that my TA rep got the fax they said she should of noted that already… I hope that will be the case she did tell me when I spoke to her that once she sends the ammended return it will take 4 weeks to get my DD or another letter. MIND YOU I NEVER RECEIVED THE FIRST LETTER!!! NO LETTERS AT ALL!!! lmao and IRS said they were sending me one……way back in January! nothing.

Carmen

This is unreal all this damn wait to get a letter stating that I need to ID verify WTF I can’t believe the games the IRS has going this year..I’m so done with this bullshit..They get on my last nerves..I continued to ask if I needed to do that no your just in review now this I really can’t..soo sooo upset!

fed up

Just letting you guys know that I woke up this morning to my bars back with a DDD of March 9th. wednesday. Hopefully this is the end but i’ll stop holding my breath when i see it in my account! lol. I filed on 1/27 and had tax codes 152 and 9001 and had to get a TA on 02/10. Just a little background on how long it took. I was held up for ID AND income verify and if i hadnt gotten a TA my return would still be in limbo!

texasgirl

@amanda,

Uhmmmmmm, let’s just hope IRS will let it go thru and will send you notifications that you owe the $700 back or you could just call them and make the payment so you don’t accrue any interest…

But if it is not pending in your account on Monday – Wednesday, then you will know that IRS put a hold on it…

good luck…

impatiently waiting

@texasgirl

I ordered my transcripts(both) on 2/12 and 2/19 they never came. I ordered again by phone this time on 3/3 so we will see. I will just file an amended return after the 15th if I cannot get that employer who is MIA to verify income etc. I am almost positive this is the hold up and I am sure IRS can’t find them either :-/

amanda h

@texasgirl

After I did the ammendment yesterday it was $700 less than original but when I check the wmr with the original amount it says ddd 3/9

texasgirl

@elizabeth,

Yep, that is what the code 971 was referring to that a letter was in the mail….so you got it Cp05 ugh….

Scroll down, I provided some information regarding this type of letter….here is some additional information on that topic…hope this helps…good luck ok

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Understanding-Your-IRS-Notice-or-Letter

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130307172654AAPEc2f

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaIkOnBbwQs

texasgirl

@DOM

Hey homie….there you are…miss you my friend. Ahhhhhhh so sorry you have to wait so long, but you are moving tho, and you are lucky you got that TA, I think she will get your refund release most likely by the 23rd, this is why she gave you that date; usually they do because they feel you will have your ddd by that time….now I am surprise IRS is saying they do not see any fax info tho…that worries me…hope she will return your call next week with some good news/update. You are a trooper, so I know you will hang in there until the end :-). Give up, not you…lol. See it thru the end….eventually it will come…when is the question right?….:-). I hope upon my return….you will update me with good news…so save your post until I get back…ok. I want to do the Happy Dance with everyone that got their ddd while I was gone…and thank you for the well wishes while on my trip….I hope it be a safe one, I just seen on the news ships had to turn around due to storm…yikes…:-) Hang in there my friend …ok.

@lizzy

20160505 – week of Feb 1 -5, this is when IRS started processing your return but stop due to backlog, and issues they may have found….you been resequenced. You are updated on Friday mornings and ddd will be updated on Saturday….so keep your fingers cross you are almost at the finish line….still keep checking the account and hopefully before March 17th you will see a ddd…good luck. I am pulling for you ok…

@lalia

Yes, I had to send a Income Letter to verify what was reported on my W-2 and if it was not for the assist of a TA it would have taken 60 days waiting on IRS to contact my employer to verify on their own….scroll down a little bit and I broke it down in full details my experience and what I had to do. After a TA, it took IRS to respond back to her in a week, then the next week my refund was released….

So, yes you really do need to do something….or wait until IRS does….please read my post it will tell you everything in details.

Keep calling them and demanding they let you know what you can send …..or take to the local office, that will be a good first step…..for now if you don’t get anywhere with them on the phone…ok.

Ask them again to generate you a hardship for an advocate to contact you….good luck ok

texasgirl

@impatiently waiting

That is indeed a generic message, I had that on my account transcript last year…it just saying they need to complete it by the end of tax year which of course is April 15. If they don’t then every day after that day, they owe you interest, just like we will owe them interest if we don’t file or pay by that date…

Keep on them until they give you some insight on what is holding it up so long….if you have done everything you can do, I am baffled. When were you able to order your return transcript? I am hoping you will see yours on or before the 17th as well….I would call them all next week until they tell me something…

Also, keep your eye on your bank, and the WMR does update all weekend…so let’s hope for a surprise ddd or pending deposit….

Check via phone as well….I hear that update that before the WMR…ok. Keep me posted

800-304-3107 IRS Offset Hotline
    800-829-1954 IRS Refund Status Hotline
    800-908-9946 Transcript Request Hotline

Good luck…ok

texasgirl

@patrick

Wow, why is IRS asking you to verify your identity so late in the game….they should have done this weeks ago…smh.

Well I heard it did not take more than 1-2 weeks after people verified their ids to get their ddd….so you may still see one this upcoming week or by the 17th the latest. Don’t think it will be that much longer…

Keep the faith and stay strong…you getting close to the end of this horrible journey…sure isn’t a memorable one uh…:-(

texasgirl

@lizzy

Since you were able to order your transcript on 2-26, look like you may have just missed the update on Saturday, but hey, you never know you may see a pending deposit this week, the WMR sometimes does not always update and you can see your refund before it does…so keep your eye on your bank…worse case, you should be in the next batch for a ddd on March 17th or sooner.

So don’t get too discourage just yet, I have seen some strange behavior with the IRS this year…anything is possible..they do release refunds manually not always in batches…so a few trickle in between huge updates…so keep your fingers cross you be surprise this upcoming week….ok.

Good luck :-)

laila

@texasgirl

Can you let me know if u did receive your return after the 60 days and did yiy send any info to the irs after getting that 4464c letter i dont mind the wait…just want ti know would they give me my refund after all that wait…im just tired kf calling them and i cant even get a TA cause they said i had to wait fir letter and the 60 days can u give more info and sorry to bother if anyone else has any info that can help me understand this letter which i hasnt receive it yet gladly appreciate it

texasgirl

@nikki

Wow, that really sucks. Uhmmmmmm you still can’t order your return yet. What was the last thing told to you by IRS? If you are a weekly, you most likely won’t see another update until next Friday….that do update transcripts/wmr daily so it is still early…keep trying to order via phone /online…and checking…refresh my memory did you ever get an advocate? If so, what did they tell you…this is really unreal.

Who know what may happen…

texasgirl

@tls

Congratulations, great news! Thank you for the kind words and you are very welcome. I am so happy for everyone that finally got their DDD this weekend, but is still sad for all those who didn’t. Isn’t it nice to get all that stress off. I think we all learned a lot of lessons this year and because of it, we are all more knowledgeable and better prepared for what to come in 2017 and what to do and what NOT to do…in hope to keep our refund moving thru the process with minimum delays and frustration.

Over 700,000 letters were sent out on Monday 29th, so check your mail and pray your name isn’t on one of them….I already read where IRS is expecting higher volume of fraud next year so they will be scrutinizing every single thing until they have verification to match up all income reported…

So everyone please dot every i and cross every t, next year. Let’s all prepared for a better and smoother journey in 2017.

Good luck…to all those who are still waiting…you are all in my prayers…and I will be thinking of you even when I am not here to give support….I do care about all you guys :-).

texasgirl

@amanda

Wow, that was a surprise uh? Now tell me again, was the amount of your return more or less after the amendment?

If it should be “less” it is a good chance IRS caught it in time to pull it back to make the correction…since they did not have the amendment until yesterday….

If it is more, than may just let the portion go thru and send you the other portion within a couple of weeks…

Look at your bank account and see if it is pending, if not, it should be on Monday….let’s hope you see it…If not, then its a good chance they Pulled it…for correction ugh :-(.

All you can do is watch your account between now and Wed…don’t get discourage if it isn’t there….ok. At least you will know what cause the additional delay….

Good news, you finally got your DDD…keep me posted ok.

I will scroll thru all the posts from the 6th – 16th upon my return to catch up…hope I read a lot of good news :-).

texasgirl

@Upset mama,

Read the entire link about 9001 code. Based on what I read see if this relates to you…

Did you try to check the WMR using any other SS on your return that was not the primary? If so, that generated this code because they flagged you thinking someone was trying to get into your account other than you…

You must get in touch with IRS or an Advocate and demand what you need to do to clear this up….and release your refund.

If this article does NOT apply to you….then it is something else holding you up….and until you find of what to do or send….you could be waiting and waiting and waiting…

What did they last IRS rep tell you?…….its got to be something you can do….let me know if this article explained what is going on with you…ok. Good luck…really feel bad for you and your son, this has to be the worse nightmare ever….and you so depend on this money like we all do….I am so sorry for you :-(

http://thecollegeinvestor.com/15858/what-does-irs-reference-number-9001-really-mean/

Upset Momma with a Toddler

@texasgirl

So today has come and still nothing. My information has not changed from the message from when I got the reference code 9001. It seems that I’m not gonna get mine. (Sighs). This just really sucks. I have a 3 year old child and I feel like I can’t even support him

amanda h

@texasgirl

So I had to amend my return yesterday and hand delivered my income verification to him yesterday as well he told me he would expedite it and it would be around March 25th well I woke up this morning with a ddd of 3/9 do u think I will get it or will it be on hold

Dom

@texasgirl What up!!!! So I never heard back from my TA….smh I cannot even get her on the phone. I called the TA hotline and an extremely nice lady told me that my rep noted she has to call me back by March 23… But she never called me to confirm she got my paperwork like she said she would. The lady on the hotline told me she did not see any notes that she received my fax…smh. I already left her 2 messages and not even a return call.. I honestly give up dealing with this nonsense this year. I am just going to keep it moving and if I get it I get it. I already submitted everything they needed there is nothing more I can do. Have a safe trip!!

l1978

@texsagirl

Just wanted to say thanks!!!!
    Was reading all the advice you gave and took it. I finally got the approve status like you said this morning. Now I can stop stressing I know it will be here soon. Good luck to everyone else hang in there. They told me 6-9 weeks but as you can see from me it was just to get me off the phone. It only took 2/8 to 3/5 so keep your heads up

Lizzy

@ Texasgirl or anyone

I received my return transcript and my cycle is 20160505, what does that mean?

Lizzy

@ Texasgirl or anyone,

Still no update just refresh your memory. I called on thursday 03/03/16 and was told it is still processing and to allow 9 weeks they didn’t see anything wrong. I don’t know what to think. What does you think?
    I filed on 01.06/16
    Accepted on 01/12/16
    Received a letter about 1095A Healthcare paperwork
    Overnighted and received by IRS on 02/02/16
    Verified Id over the phone on 02/23/16
    Able to order Return Transcript 02/26/16
    Status changed from We are still processing and a date will be provide once available to we have received your return and it is being process on 02/26/16

Nikki

@texasgirl

Well I got a not so good update! All bars have now disappeared with message “Your tax return is still being processed” “A refund date will be provided when available” It still has all my other original info, as far as status and amount goes. I still can not order return transcripts either. :( so frustrated!

Elizabeth738

Update to my post I just did:
    Hi all just checked the mail cp05 notice is this mean I’m being audited ???
    They said April 21st they will send my return or another notice omg and to do nothing wow… All I can say

Elizabeth738

Hi all !
    Everyone hang in.. I sure am still.
    I got my account transcripts a day or so again. It says 971 letter issued for March 7th. Does anyone know what kind of letter is coming ? Anyone in the same boat? Wmr says tax topic 152 still filed 1/21. Yikes! Lol thanks

Small update.

After faxing my 8962 and 1095 on 2/13 I called yet again today and was told I needed to verify my identity.

Hopefully I will be seeing it sooner than the 3-4 weeks I was told on the phone.

Longest I’ve ever had to wait

impatiently waiting

@texasgirl

I called the automated line for my cp05 letter and put in all my info and call id and the line says that I have a scheduled credit for the original amount of my return on 4/15 and the date my review will supposedly be done is 4/14. Do you have any insight on if that is in fact the release date? or is it just a generic message?

texasgirl

@gabriel,

Not sure how long it will take, guess all you can do is wait and hope it is this weekend….

Also, google that questions and see if any other forums are dealing with the same issues that may provide additional insight…good luck.

Jamie

@texasgirl

I finally got an email from tax act after all this time saying “thank you for using tax act and now that my return is accepted”….hmmm hopefully that’s a good thing! Keeping my fingers crossed!

texasgirl

@dee,

Great news, hope you will be surprise and get it this weekend….wouldn’t that be awesome yahhhhhhhh :-)

@melissa,

Now that is strange, but hey at least you got your refund already, some strange things are happening this year….maybe someone else was trying to steal your identity….you know they mailed out 700,000 letters on the 29th to everyone who info was breached……PRAY YOU DON”T GET ONE OF THEM…..who knows this just may be the letter that they sent out…

Let me know what you find out when you call them ok…just curious…smh.

texasgirl

@nikki,

Uhmmmmmmmmm, I don’t know what is going on then. Google the question and see if you can find any additional resources regarding Code 052….maybe they made a mistake and they are reversing their error….

Well, like you said, if nothing happens this weekend, then call them back on Monday….

@Miamigirl

Congratulations, do that Happy Dance already….lol. About time they released your money :-).

Miamigirl

UPDATE****

Just got a call from my TA. GOT A DDD of 03/09!!!! I’m so excited! Once again texasgirl… You were right on the money. This is awesome.

Melissa
    Participant

@texasgirl

I already got my refund on 3/2… But today I just got a letter in the mail which I figured was my transcripts I ordered on the 26th. Well it’s not them, instead it’s a letter that says..

We’re contacting you to report on the status of the request we received. We apologize for the inconvenience but we are not able to process your request at this time. You or your representative can contact the Idenity protection specialized unit. (And then gives the number)

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

DEE

@texasgirl

Hey i had to fax my amended return to my Ta and she told me she sent it to be processed and now i just have to wait a week for an update

Miamigirl

@TonyC

Wow, I really hope I hear something from my TA today. I would love to have confirmation of a DDD instead of speculation. I hope everything works out for you and your money arrives as planned if not sooner. I may just call the TA hotline and see if they can give me any insight if I don’t get a call by this afternoon. Fingers crossed! Lol

Gabriel
    Participant

Filed early bars dissapeared on 1/31 able to order return transcripts on 2/12 I have called and called said CP05 letter. I don’t have to do anything just wait. It could take the full time but that is not the case I could get my deposit before I even get the letter. Anyone else get this letter or receieved deposit before letter. But my refund is there just on hold. This really bites. Any suggestions??

Nikki

@texasgirl
    No I don’t have a ROTH account. So I’m not sure why they would be doing a adjustment to my income. I also do not owe any back taxes and I do not have any offsets. Last year I didn’t receive my taxes for 30 days not sure why because I never called to see but I do remember it being well over 21 days and also my WMR being stuck on 1 bar almost the entire time. I just pray that there isn’t a problem and like last year I will just get it a week or 2 late. I’m gonna cross my fingers and see if anything changes Saturday. If not then I will be calling back again next week.

TonyC

@MiamiGirl

Filed 1/17
    Accepted 1/19
    21 days was up 2/9.
    Called 2/15, was told under review and letter will be sent out.
    Called again 2/17, got the same story, so I called the TA hotline and was assigned a number
    TA called back next day from Puerto Rico (because I’ve moved to the UK, PR deals with International clients) and told me I was on hold for Income and Withholding verification (I received a lump sum redundancy so had an unusually large amount withheld). Also that my W2 was already in the system so I didn’t need to fax anything in, they just needed to get the IRS to prioritize my processing.
    I qualified for hardship because I needed the refund to move from Cardiff to London for my new job by next week (3/11).
    They called back as promised on 3/1 and advised that the return had been released from hold and should be in the batch for updating by today (1/4) and they would call back to confirm.
    As promised they called me back this morning to confirm a DDD of 1/9.

texasgirl

@Miamigirl,

Thank you, and I agree with you as well, that all cases are not alike some of the theories are working just fine from some but may not be for others…

We are just at the mercy of IRS this year……

I am hoping you ALL get good news soon especially tomorrow since I will be leaving on the 6th and will not return until the 16th…..but will check back with everyone to see how they are doing. I promised I would see it thru till the end for everyone who may need my support ……I feel everyone frustration, pain and anger….I been there, it happened to me last year.

Have to go….chat with you all later.

Miamigirl

@texasgirl @fedup

I have to agree with texasgirl. I know there were huge issues for early filers (as I was one of them on 01/15) but now, it appears that once you’ve passed your 21 days and have complied with whatever crap they want from you, your transcript is definitely an indication you’re moving forward. My TA said to give it 7 days after my return was reprocessed (on 02/25) and sure enough, things started to change after being idle for almost 2 months. I know every case is different but I guess for me, it’s been working out just as my TA and texasgirl said.

texasgirl

@nikki

I did a little research for you….and it seem like Code 052 is some type of reversal code. Do you have a ROTH Account? If so, it look like it may have something to do with that income reported that they are adjusting…

052 Adjustment to Income.

ROTH
    IRA election to reflect that the total taxable conversion amount is subject to tax (Primary
    Taxpayer)

I will call back and ask….but they are fixing an error maybe be in your favor or against…not sure.

Try again on Saturday morning and see if you can order the return or see any updated messages, sometimes the WMR will not change and you can still see deposit pending in your account before that updates…

Hope this helps some…let me know ok.

texasgirl

@fedup

You are absolutely correct, we realized that if you ordered your return and did NOT see a ddd within 3-5 days that was the first indication that IRS flag the return and the only way you would know why was to start calling….

I personally do not know of any facts that if you order a return you are thrown back in que…

After someone gets a ddd that are NOT ordering returns again after the fact. At this point they are watching their accounts….to see if a deposit is pending the following week of the ddd stated.

I have heard that are putting a HOLD on the deposits even tho they gave a ddd on the WMR. Why they are doing this is beside me…so strange the way IRS is flagging after that fact…and NOT before.

This year has been totally different that any past years I have dealt with them. I assume it is because of the fraud, breaches and not having W-2’s upfront to verify legitimacy is causing a lot of these delays….as well as offset, back taxes, name changes, new addresses, new dependents added. I think I have seen it all this year….

All we can do is speculate and try to figure out IRS thought process.

If someone has already be told what they need to do and have done it, and they are able to order a transcript and the message has changed, it is very likely they are heading in the right direction to see a ddd….usually that happens with 1-2 weeks the most….

Good luck….and all we can do it wait and see…and hope for the best….for everyone who is still waiting…

texasgirl

@fedup

You are absolutely correct, we realized that if you ordered your return and did NOT see a ddd within 3-5 days that was the first indication that IRS flag the return and the only way you would know why was to start calling….

I personally do not know of any facts that if you order a return you are thrown back in que…

After someone gets a ddd that are NOT ordering returns again after the fact. At this point they are watching their accounts….to see if a deposit is pending the following week of the ddd stated.

I have heard that are putting a HOLD on the deposits even tho they gave a ddd on the WMR. Why they are doing this is beside me…so strange the way IRS is flagging after that fact…and NOT before.

This year has been totally different that any past years I have dealt with them. I assume it is because of the fraud, breaches and not having W-2’s upfront to verify legitimacy is causing a lot of these delays….as well as offset, back taxes, name changes, new addresses, new dependents added. I think I have seen it all this year….

All we can do is speculate and try to figure out IRS thought process. I

If someone has already be told what they need to do and have done it, and they are able to order a transcript and the message has changed, it is very likely they are heading in the right direction to see a ddd….usually that happens with 1-2 weeks the most….

Good luck….and all we can do it wait and see…and hope for the best….for everyone who is still waiting…

Nikki

@texasgirl
    Well not much of a update for me! :( my WMR has not changed what so ever. It has always said “we have received your return and its being processed” that has not changed. Still on 1 bar with TT 152 as it has stated since I filed on 2/14. No call yet from TA. No letters in the mail, no error codes and I still can not order return transcript. I was able to order account transcript about a week ago but haven’t received it in the mail yet. I’m so confused cuz I was told on the phone the first time that I was resequenced and am now in review but it doesn’t state the reason in the computer nor does it state I am going to tecieve any letters but additional 2 weeks is needed. The 2nd time I called the lady told me I am no longer in review I was resequenced and am back in processing with a code of 052 and no letters have been or will be sent as far as the computer was stating! Plus Additional 2 weeks is needed. Seems like the only thing these reps can agree on is the additional 2 weeks is needed! This is so frustrating!

fedup

just to clarify I was able to order return transcript on Feb 19th. And still didnt get a DD. So just because you can order them doesnt always mean you get a DD. And the return trans. had all of my filing info on it, no codes, but read at the bottom no return found!

fedup

Another note– I wouldnt dare go near ordering transcripts this year. I’ve been reading alot and it seems that people are getting a DDD or are told they have one and then they order their transcripts and it throws them back into review. This is just my opinion but I’ve seen many people say this has happened to them. We cant take years past experience to figure out this year.

texasgirl

@patrick

Try ordering your transcript this morning and see if you are able to…good luck.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

@Mika

If I was you I would call IRS all day today until someone give you some answers, ask for a supervisor if you must. I wouldn’t just sit and wait because you may only have to submit a letter or whatever needed to get your refund released…not sure if you tried ordering your return transcript if not try this morning, who knows maybe you will see a ddd tomorrow as well….good luck. Keep me updated ok.

800-829-0582 #652

Good luck everyone, got to get to work.

Have a good day!!!

texasgirl

@Ritchie

Have you tried order your “return” transcript today? If not, see if you can, if so, you may be in for a pleasant surprise tomorrow morning….you may have been updated today. Good luck.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

@kathryn

I see you just filed a couple of weeks ago, but if IRS is back on track you may be have a ddd as well, see if you can order your transcript….that will be the first sign that movement is taking place….if you can and do not see a ddd tomorrow or next week….then you should be on the phone contacting IRS…they may be able to tell you this morning if they see it in the system try calling it won’t hurt….

800-829-0582 #652

Also check via phone, sometimes it updates faster than online.

texasgirl

@Miamigirl

Yeahhhhhhhhhh Miamigirl, so happy for you, I am looking into my crystal ball and guess I am making out some letters that look like DDD flashing in neon lights on this bar called WMR this Saturday…..and in the near future a deposit on March 9th…hehehehhehehhehhee….all my fortune telling better come true….or I am out of a job…lmbo. LOL, good luck and I hope you finally see this journey ends tomorrow….praying for your girlfriend :-)

@tony, @fedup

Look like you two as well finally getting a DDD for next week. About time uh?…..smh. IRS really sent many down a rocky rocky road….which for you will be smooth paved when you see that money hit your accounts :-).

fedup

Ive had a TA since feb.10th . She first called on the 2/17. She told me mine got caught in limbo for ID verify, i did on 2/10. and for income verify. My employer income verify was received by IRS on feb. 11th. and my return has just been sitting in limbo ever since. Last wed she called and said she was sending over to have it released and yesterday she called and said my refund was released on Feb. 29th and it takes about a week to hit the system and generate a DDD. She said she will call me back on 3/9 to give me a DDD. So frustrating…A week was today why cant she just give me a date? Hoping she is telling the truth and I wont believe it until it hits my account. She is always very vague with her information. No updates on WMR. Ive had the 152 and 9001 codes from the beginning. Filed 1/27, accepted same day.

Miamigirl

@tonyc

When did you file? Did your TA call you today or last night? How long have you been working with him/her? Just curious because I’m waiting for mine to call to give me my date as well.

TonyC

Finally – TA called back and confirmed DDD of Wednesday 9th March.

Miamigirl

@texasgirl

I am now truly convinced that you are the all seeing/all knowing IRS GENIE! Just as you said, I am now able to order my return transcripts for the first time this year. Just as you said…. It’s amazing how something so small such as a transcript can make a person’s morning. THANKS GIRL!

Ritchey65

I was accepted 1-19 and still processing. I finally decided to call the IRS. I spent about 25 minutes on the phone while they tried to figure out what was going on. I was told I need to do nothing. My return was affected by the Feb 4th system crash. I would have to wait 6 to 8 weeks from the system crash date.

Katherine
    Participant

I filed on 2/19 through H&R BLOCK and still no update or DD

Mika

@texasgirl

The ta never told me the reason why they was holding my refund n also told me it was nothing she can do for me n to wait for a letter. Thats y i told her i didn’t want her on my case anymore. I said ill just play the waiting game smh. I dont have a offset or owe back taxes. The office didn’t tell me anything either

@texasgirl

Was only able to order Account transcripts. Did that 2-3 weeks ago and have not received them in the mail

texasgirl

@Mika,

Did the TA even bother to tell you why your refund was being held?

20160505 = week of Feb 1 – 5th is when IRS was scheduled to complete your return. Since your cycle ends in (5) you are a weekly filer….actually Feb 4 you would have been updated for a DDD on Feb 11th. Think that was the time IRS got backlog for two weeks and resequenced a lot of people….so they fell behind….their will be an update tonight, hope you get some good news this weekend..

It appears they are reviewing your return for some reason, maybe your employer hasn’t submitted the W2 yet for IRS to verify….and they just holding until then…

If the TA would have assisted you, all you had to do was submit a Letter of Income to get it release…until you get IRS or a TA to tell you what the reason is….all you can do is wait…

See if you can order your transcript again between 12am – 6am…check to see if you have any offsets as well….or you could have some back taxes due….when you went into the office they didn’t see anything in their system as to why you are waiting…?

Let’s hope you will be surprise and see your DDD this weekend….ok.

texasgirl

@tls

You are correct updates will happen tonight up to 6am for a Saturday DDD….

Possible thru 6am Saturday morning as well….

I have seen where some saw DDD pending on Friday…after the update …

Hope many of you will see a ddd …..I am really rooting for you guys….:-)

texasgirl

@patrick,

They are telling everyone 6-8 weeks and I have heard as well that most saw their DDD anywhere from 1-2 weeks after faxing the form…

Are you able to order your transcript yet? If not, try up to 6am in the morning…or up to Saturday morning…

Good luck

texasgirl

@Andre @Miamigirl

Updates are tonight after midnight until 6am, try ordering your transcript between these times, if you are successful it is a good chance you will see a DDD this weekend…

Andre, with the message changing that is a good sign, that you could see it this weekend, if not then movement is happening so I will have no doubt you will by next weekend.

I will keep an eye on my bank account starting tomorrow and next week….for a pending deposit.

Good luck you two :-)

Miamigirl

@Andre

The message changing from we’re still processing to we have received your return and it is being processed does not guarantee that we’ ll get a DDD. We’re just assuming that based on what we’ve seen last week. My TA told me I should have my money within 7 days from Tuesday and this morning my status changed. I still can’t order mynreturn transcripts so things are still a toss up.

Andre

To anyone or texasgirl

So if my wmr status hasn’t changed from “we are still processing your return” to “we have received your return and it’s being processed” does that mean I probably won’t be updated Saturday? Im a 1/19 filer who did id verify on 2/5, no other issues.

Ok wondering if anybody is in the same boat as me…

Filed and accepted: 1/22/16

Received letter asking to fax 8962 and 1095a : 2/10/16

Faxed over: 2/13/16

No bars or Tax Topic anymore

I realize there is a window between 6-8 weeks but I’ve been reading everywhere people who have faxed over the same forms have received DDD ranging from 10-17 days after faxing.

They do owe me an additional $455 …

tls923

I read somewhere that the WMR is only updating transcripts and offsets tonight. If you don’t fall in that category then you won’t see an updated WMR until Saturday.

Mika

@texasgirl

I was told i had to go to the office to verify my identity only to be told from the rep in the office that i didn’t have to. My refund is still under review. I still have to wait 60 days. I had a ta but i got her off my case because she basically told me she wasn’t gonna help me in so many words. I thought it was almost over. My transcript say 20160505. What do that mean

texasgirl

@l.jerry

That is really good news for you, seem like you are going to see a DDD this weekend…yeahhhhhhhhhh :-)

@impatiently waiting….

Glad you have a lot of patients…lol. Cause you just may need it, but who know IRS just may be sending those to buy time…you might be surprise and see a DDD sooner than later….:-).

If something was wrong, someone would see the issue in their system and would be able to let you know what they are needed….maybe nothing…smh.

Good luck, hope they release it soon.

texasgirl

impatiently waiting

So I finally received my generic cp05 letter dated 3/7… nothing I can do and no hardship for TA so I am stuck waiting until 4/21 and will either get my money or another letter. sigh

I also have no codes and tt152 still showing on wmr. I wish they would just tell me what they needed instead of telling me to wait and do nothing.

Hope everyone else has better luck than what I am having. I am not in dire need but I WANT my damn money. I worked for it and paid into this all year. This year I will not make the same mistake and have extra withholding taken. I already fixed my w4 not doing this again.

L.jerry98

@texas girl
    I was accepted on Jan 19 and I did my verification on the 23 of February.
    Check WMR today my status went from still processing ect.. to “we have received ur refund and processing we just have to wait just a waiting game instead of replacing stolen refund monies.

Amanda H

@texasgirl

I have a scenario, my job was bought out by another company in feburary 2015, so they no longer exist, so I cannot get proof from them for the advocate for that company what do I do?

texasgirl

I will try to check back in later today….the system is going very slow this morning.

Have a good day ALL

texasgirl

@laila,

Income Verification Letter must have the following:

What was reported in box 1 and 2 of your W2
    Company letterhead
    Contact name and number

Hope this helps…

Good luck

@lizzy

The big updates happens on Saturday morning, for Wednesday deposits….Friday deposits are usually those being mailed…a few happens in between those dates, which are the ones usually manually released instead of batches.

texasgirl

@laila,

Income Verification Letter must have the following:

What was reported in box 1 and 2 of your W2
    Company letterhead
    Contact name and number

Hope this helps…

Good luck

texasgirl

@laila

The 4464C Letter will state the following…

We received your income tax return and are in the process of conducting a thorough review of your return information. This review is part of an ongoing program the IRS conducts to ensure the accuracy of return information.

Your return was selected because we are reviewing one or more of the following:

– Income you reported on your return
    – Income tax withholding amount you reported on your return
    – Claims for tax credits you made on your return
    – Business income you reported on your return (This one did not even apply to me).

It also stated it could take up to 60 days and that I did not have to do anything….

Lizzy

@ Texasgirl or anyone

When is the next scheduled due date for direct deposit or what day during the week are direct deposit scheduled?

texasgirl

@dee,

IRS suppose to report back to the TA within one week. Usually within 1-2 weeks they release the hold….good luck.

@Capstun

Thanks for the positive uplifting updates…..hope many will see their DDD Saturday….that would be awesome…

texasgirl

@nikki

That just mean you were put back in que….check the message on the WMR and see if it changed from “we are processing….to “we have recieved your return and is processing…that is a good sign you could see a DDD this weekend…

That is good news for you….its moving forward…yeah.

texasgirl

@amanda,

20160705 – week of Feb 15 – 19….since you are a weekly, you would see updates on Thursday Feb 18th….that was the day IRS scheduled to complete your return…if nothing was wrong. You had been resequenced…

Now they are saying income was different, now it all depends on how they resolve the issue, by amendment of they just fix the math error….

Let’s hope if they do require to you do an amended return the tax advocate can speed up the process…it is still possible for you to see movement by March 14th. Keep an eye on the message from the WMR and see if it changes if it does than you are moving forward…good luck.

texasgirl

@Miamigirl,

That is a great sign, you are on your way to seeing a DDD this weekend….

If you are a weekly, yes it does update on Thursday, but you won’t see any changes until early Friday morning….hey check your bank account as well you just may see a pending deposit tomorrow….for sure you should see a DDD Saturday morning…

I am going to say Congrats to you TODAY….so it better happen for you ok….good luck. :-)

Amanda H

@Miami

I just called an advocate 2 days ago I have not gotten a call yet from them I am waiting still. The person who gave my my case number told me it will be closed by march 14th.

Miamigirl

@amanda H

And I filed on 01/15 and accepted 01/19. My TA assured me my case would be closed by the 14th. I just don’t see that happening. If my status updated today that means I’m a weekly and won’t get anymore updates til next Thursday and then throw in an extra 4 days for the DD to actually kick in… Seems like he’s cutting it pretty damned close.

Miamigirl

@amanda H

My tax advocate released my return and it started to process again on 02/25. That’s why I thought that maybe it was a good sign that the verbiage changed. Idk what to think anymore.

Amanda H

My code on my return trans was 20160705, what does this mean?

Capstun

Another update from the other site

Cycle 20160605 who accessed return transcripts 2\12 was a split batch…. one batch downloaded to WMR for a DDD…. the other batch was put on a 2 week cycle posting delay due to the volume of the batch and remaining monthly budget… this batch was coded TC570 that was set to lift Monday 2\29.. meaning it was posted to a MF today for the Saturday morning download to WMR for a DDD of 3/9!!! Watch what I tell y’all!!!

Amanda H

@Miamigirl

I had the same thing happen to me mine changed like that 2 weeks after I did the id verify thing. I called and was told I was in review smh. I have a tax advocate now, I have been waiting since 1/19. I was told I was in review b/c my income I reported and the employer reported was $1000 difference, I don’t understand why they cant just fix it.

DEE

@texasgirl

Hey how long does it take to get a ddd if i fax my amended return to my TA

Miamigirl

UPDATE:

So for the first time in a month and a half, my message changed from my return is still being processed to “We have received your return and it is being processed”. Almost like we are starting the filing process all over again. I really hope this is a step in the right direction and that I will see a DDD this weekend. If anyone has experienced the same thing please let me know how it worked out for you.

@texasgirl- any thoughts on this silly one word change in my status message?

laila

@texasgirl

Yeah they full of shit i call today and i ask then if i could get TA they u need it to wait for the letter first and the 60 days to pass first i dont know what else to do calling them isnt used anymore can you tell me what u did when u got urs and did u even get ur refund at all after that letter ..i send paperwork for my state refund already for employer..kids school etc..
    Can u give more info on this letter even tho they said i dont have to do nothing when j receive it suppostly..any info u can give me would be appreciate it and thank u so much for ur time

Nikki

@texasgirl
    When I called the IRS again today they said my return had been resequenced… Wth does that even mean? Been 2 weeks now and I’m still on 1 bar with Tax Topic 152. My info and amount is still the same as well.

tls923

@Capstun

Thanks. Not sure if all of that is true from what that person posted on Facebook but you never can tell. I was told twice today I was under review but I was never transferred over to the appropriate department. The last lady I had talked to was more forthcoming in her responses but she didn’t transferred me. Oh well. They can keep the money. LOL!!

Capstun

Saw this on a facebook site….
    Even tho I can not get one for myself… I do work for one as i have stated in the past… I was at her house today and she wasn’t there so I left here a sticky note to please call me when she had some free time… well she just called.. I told her that I had a few clients that filed early and are still waiting! She said there are tons of returns on delays because they did not actually start working until the 25th even tho they opened the 19th..the ppl who filed before on 1\21 and before are on what they call a “Posting Delay”. Which is why transcripts are coded TC 570. Meaning they have been delayed to another cycle to post DUE TO BUDGETING!!! They can only issue so much each deposit… they have to work them in here they can… she also said that there alot of these that are finished and are just waiting to post to a master file…. there are quite a few set for this weekend update! She said this is a new month and they have a new budget for the month… alot of the early’s will be out with in the next update or 2. 971’s are notice letters that are going to be issued saying you are being reviewed for some reason and you do not need to do anything but wait but that is a systemic generated letter that has to be sent after a certian amount of time. Its does not actual mean something is wrong with ur return… They are really letters to just buy them time letters to cover up for them being behind. If they actually do need something from u than u should have already received that letter. Notices printed and sent on Saturdays for the previous cycle week.. I did ask her about when calling being told you are under review and all that 6, 8, & 9 week bs they been feeding us… she told me that is their job. They are not supposed to tell you anything about your refund.. you are supposed to be told u are under review every time you call….. even if there is nothing wrong… if u are actually under review they are supposed to transfer u to the department that has your return. If they do not transfer u than more than likely u are fine… just waiting on a DATE!!! SO NOW that I have talked to her again I feel sooooo much better!! I know I have been reading all of this but wasn’t 100% sure I was taking it in right!! And I was so this Saturday we should have some more of these early filers at ease…. I figure I have another week to wait cause they always throw me at the bottom of the pile… They don’t like me very much at all….But any way this is what I got… I do think I am going to call the IRS for client purposes only… not myself…. You can get alittle out of them if they do not have to dig to deep… and actually do any work. I’ll let yall know the out come of that as well… I still got faith!!!….

Like I said saw it on a site on Facebook called We are the original tax Family.

tls923

Talked to the IRS again and was told that since i didnt have enough taxes taken out in 2014 but last year I did and the refund would cover what i owe they are questioning it and that is the review. The lady said that they still haven’t gotten in the W2s.

From what the lady said to me, i think i will have to do an amended return because i think a number is off. I had used TT for first time and i had some issues with their site. I think I will check it out. Stupid me should’ve asked why they didnt take my state return when i owe money.

texasgirl

@laila

I can’t believe you are just now getting the 4464C dreaded letter, that is the same one I got last year…and YES you do need to do something or you will be waiting the entire 60 days…

You need to verify your income….can you get an advocate? If not try visiting your local office. Keep calling and talking to different reps until someone tell you exactly what you need to fax over to get your return released…smh.

Good luck…ok

texasgirl

@Lacy,

Lucky for you that it was only because you missed (2) W-2, most people do an amended later, but this year IRS is not allowing anything to get pass them. If employers are sending in W-2 and your return does not match up or the amounts they are flagging.

If you have an advocate and they accept the amendment and forward to IRS then it can be released right away, but if you have to send it yourself it would take 8-12 weeks.

If W-2’s sent by employer do not match what you reported then they takes a little longer to resolve…

It is ashamed that you are getting conflicting messages, but lets cross our fingers that they really did release it and you will see a DDD sooner than later….hard to really know what IRS is going to do….good luck.

texasgirl

@Mekia,

That is so crazy….talk about a journey that seem to never end dealing with the IRS…yikes!

Well the good thing is they verified they have indeed received your information, but it won’t take 4 weeks, you may see a DDD this weekend, if not March 17th the latest…we can only pray and hope they stop holding your refund…

I would call back tomorrow and see what they tell you since Saturday is the next update for March 9th deposit. I am pulling for good news soon for everyone…

texasgirl

@amanda

I would go ahead and fax all the information you have to be ahead of the game. I pray you don’t have to do an amendment you will never see your return this year…well it will feel that way….smh. If you have an advocate, she/he should be able to assist you in correcting that error. All they need is an Income Verification Letter from your employer to verify the correct amount it should have been….insist the advocate help fix the math error…try your best to avoid doing the amendment…ok.

@brit

Thanks for providing the number for anyone who may need it to call and see if they can find additional information, anything will help at this point….very helpful info.

@nikki

Since IRS is lying and will not tell you what is wrong, you may have to just wait until the advocate contact you to see what is required to get your fund released. You could consider visiting your local office as well….

@Crystol

Wow, I can’t understand why they are sending you thru all those over a name change…..maybe you should visit your local office to really find out what is going on…since talking to advocates or IRS isn’t helping much….and now advocates are lying as well….smh. This is really getting unreal…

Mekia
    Participant

I filed 1/23 accepted the same day. Bar went missing 2/10. Call the IRS and was told my return was still processing wait 21 days. Called back on 2/13 which made 21 days. I was told my return wasn’t received until 2/3 wait 21 days from that date and call back. I called back on 2/16 was told they sent a letter on 2/9 it’s was a12C and she couldnt see what it was for. I assumed it was for the healthcare that I only had 1 month. She said they want be able to help me until April the 11. I went to our local IRS office in Farmers Branch, Texas and I told the lady I been trying to order my return transcript for school just so she could tell me what the letter was for. She said I can’t order it because it’s still processing and it’s been sent to the error department. I needed to fill out formy 8962. They said the letter was sent on the 9th of Feb. When I received the letter on the 20th it was dated for the 17th of Feb wtf. I filled out the paperwork and took it back to the IRS office in Farmers Branch, Texas on 02/22. I thought the idiot faxed my paperwork over to the Austin office. I returned back to Farmers Branch office on 02/26 because I still wasn’t able to order my transcripts hoping for him to tell me if my information was received. He tells me he mailed my paperwork. I wanted to choke the life out of him. I could have done that myself. So I contact the IRS today and they tell me my paperwork was received and I should receive my refund in 4 weeks if everything is ok, otherwise I will receive another letter. I was like wtf. I’ve been waiting over a month now and I might have to wait another month or longer. I’m still not able to order my return transcript. I am so frustrated with the IRS. I can’t contact an advocate because I don’t really have a hardship. This has been the worse tax season ever. Idk why it takes so long to release someones money. Do anyone know if it will actually take that long. I am so upset right now.

texasgirl

@Tysha

Call the statewide number, or click on your state for a local advocate, also you can ask IRS to generate you a Hardship form to have an advocate contact you….good luck…

https://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

IRS – 800-829-0582 #652

@tme

Do you look at your return to verify that all the info was correct, routing number etc.,?

@Miami

If it was released on Feb 25th, it is possible that you can see a DDD this weekend, if not, next weekend for sure…good luck.

@tls

Once you see that message change to “we have received your return and is still processing…..then you know you will have some movements in the right direction…good luck

@kristy

Congratulations, finally you got it…yeahhhhhhhh, so happy for you….and you are very welcome, glad I was of some help….Do the Happy Dance….:-)

Miamigirl

Filed 01/15
    Accepted 01/19

After waiting 21 days called IRS and they said I was under review to give it a week. Called back a few days later and told I was under review and that a letter would be going out on February 25th. Never received one. Bars and Tax Topic disappeared on February 6th. Had the IRS give me a referral for a TA (since they advised me to wait an additional 6-8 weeks) which I finally got on the 17th. I was able to fax him all my paperwork and my return went back into processing on February 25th. TA said our next contact date would be March 14th and that I should have my return by then. Have not heard anything since.

Question: Does anyone know if it will actually take an additional 3 weeks or should I see a DDD before the 14th?

Brit21

Filed Jan25
    accepted
    and later bars dissapeared
    I got a letter in the mail about 2 weeks ago dated Feb29,2015. It stated my refund was on hold and told me to do nothing I called and called the Irs. No help at all just told me wait 45 days !! tried to get advocate since I don’t have hardship I can’t get one. But anyway I was looking round the Internet and found this number 1 (800) 829-0922 . You can call and it will give u a summary of your account but you have to have the letter because it’s ask you for your caller ID info which is at the top of the letter. Press 1, then 5 ! Then your there
    I didn’t get much info but it told me my money was their and credit on April 15,2015 so hopefully it will come on or round that date

Call the number it will give you a little hope

tme

When you guys say accepted do you mean received or approved? My WMR shows that I should be expecting funds in the bank today but the bank has no pending DD as of now. Have any of you guys been stuck on the refund approved tab of WMR for very long? Thanks!

Tysha Price

@texasgirl

How do I go about getting a tax advocate? I did my verification yesterday 3/1. The lady said now I have to give them 9 weeks!! It didn’t make any sense. WMR hasn’t changed since 2/13…in so confused as to what to do next!

Crystol

Ok so most know mine was accepted jan11 th but accorfing to irs on the 19 th. Still nothing. As of today. I ordered my transcripts over three weeks ago. I have receieved my transcripts. Still no ddd or refund. Was told it was my last name that changed then it was because both my maiden and married name have wood in th and that confused them. Then told i reported to much bring tKen out of my checks for tax. Then told to do ammended return rhen told do not then today told oh it is inder review that takes 45 days from feb 6 th. I am so freakin frustrated which is it. What can i do. I cant get a tax advocate so i guess i am acrewed

tls923

Just spoke to the IRS and was told my refund is being held because I’m under review. Dont know why but the lady said a letter will be mailed out on 3/14 and I will have 45 days to respond. She said there has been too many fraudalent returns and ID verifications so they are taking their time to make sure everything is correct. I just wanted to tell her to forget about it and keep the damn money. IMO, all these verifications should have been done all at the same time.

Amanda H

@nikki

me too I been going in circles for 45 days now smh, I just don’t know what else to do. I called a tax advocate and the lady who gave me my case number told me I may have to do an amended return, and who knows how long it will be then, but I have proof of hardship so I give up.

Amanda H

@texasgirl
    or anyone

if my tax advocate has not called me yet should I go ahead and fax over my proof of hardship anyways b/c I know they are going to ask for it.

Nikki

@amanda H

Yes I definitely feel your frustration. I really don’t know what else to do. I don’t even know why my taxes are in review. Whenever I call the IRS they tell me that there’s nothing in the computer stating why there are in review. So I don’t even know where else to go from here

Nikki

@texasgirl
    ANYONE

I also called IRS today and requested TA. The lady on the phone said she put in referral for one and I should be contacted within the next 7 business days. I really don’t know how to request transcripts but if I did do it right then it would let me order my account transcripts but stated that return transcripts were not available. Someone please help me.

Amanda H

@nikki

I been told for 2 weeks in under review b/c the income I reported was $1000 more than what the employer reported (don’t know how that happened) but anyways I called a tax advocate yesterday, I cannot keep waiting for my money.

Nikki

Someone PLEASE help me
    FILED 2/14/16
    ACCEPTED 2/16/16
    3/1/16 CALLED IRS WAS TOLD THAT TAXES WERE RESQUENCED ON 2/19 AND IN REVIEW
    NO REASON NO LETTER NO ERROR CODE
    BARS STILL ON 1 BAR RECIEVED SAYING TAX TOPIC 152

Lacy

Filed 1/12 and got accepted through turbo tax same day, waited 21 days called and was told I am under review and I should be receiving a letter in the mail by Feb 29 if not then call back. I never received any ketter till this day. On Feb 21st got a tax advocate who stated im under review because I need to verify my income and so she had me amend my return because I missed 2 w2 and when I amended the return the difference was only $11 more then my origibal refund. I called irs today and was told need to wait the full 45 days and if I dont get a letter in the mail my wmr should update by the 15th, so I called my tax advocate right after I hung up with the irs and she told me it looks like my refund is going to be taken off the review automatically and she will call me Monday with a deposit date. My advocate sounded like she didnt even know what she is doing. She told me I have to wait atleast 2 months for any infomation but once I told her I already called the irs thats when she told me the refund possibly will be released by 3/15

Kristy

Finally….. I’d like to thank the Academy (TexasGirl) for helping me through this most difficult time…..

Update:

Accepted 1/29
    Transcripts 2/12
    Lost bars and tt 2/13
    Lost my mind up until receiving my ddd of 3/2
    Sbgt received my refund on 3/1 9 am
    Refund deposited onto bluebird card 3/1 11:15pm

3/2 Rent paid, utility bills paid. All is right in my world.

Good luck everyone! Just know its coming!!!!

Viewing 200 replies - 1 through 200 (of 6,869 total)

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.