H&R Block: From The Horses Mouth- Kind Of

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season H&R Block: From The Horses Mouth- Kind Of

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Amanda.
  • Topic Starter
    thegrandemperor

So after getting the WMR update of 2/23, than calling Emerald card a getting dates as far out as March 2nd, plus all the back an forth online about what’s really going on with H&R Block I decided I had enough and made a phone inquiry today.

I called the office I files with and once I got past the practical scripted answer session with the receptionist, she decided she might be in over her head and connected me to the manager. Well, not really the manager called me back actually. I voiced my concerns with her about what I’ve been reading and Emerald Card CS’s projected dates. When I say I voiced my concerns I need to stress that I was nice an calm, and grateful for here help and calling me back. The manager there assured me that do to federal regulations my money should be on my card between the two dates 2/23 and 2/28, no later. She also leaned more towards 2/23.

She also stated in the conversation that the hold up is the IRS actually disbursing the allotted funds. Which if you think about the meaning of DD Dates makes sense. Anyway she pretty much said that it’s up to the bank as to when in that 5 day period the funds are disbursed. That puts a new light on things especially with the whole Bank of the Internet (BofI), Emerald card thing. Essentially BofI is our bank and the Emerald card bank our debit card.

I’m currently debating reaching out to BofI, since I have along 48 hours ahead. If I do I will post back here what I found out.

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Amanda

Well, I was just informed, some ppl already got theirs today. But it’s hitting at different times. So I wouldn’t go by what’s online, I would go by calling your card. To see if funds are their. One time I checked online and it said it hasn’t been released yet, but when I called the card. The funds were their. So I would call your bank card, or whatever card you have your funds going to.

Kerry

I think the problem this year is they didn’t have the funds, OUR funds, to give back to us so they designed this nightmare as a diversion. Still not having enough funds…..

Rosita Collins

I’m sick of waiting point blank

Stout9404

I thought if the irs posts “dd of BY 2/23” then they will send the funds to the bank on or before 2/23. After that it would be up to the bank to process and release the funds to us according to whatever protocol and banking hours they have for processing direct deposits( which also depends on what time of day the irs sends it to the bank)
                I used to work for a bank and they are rigid with policy and procedures at most(not all) but this year I decided to do the RAL loan through Jackson Hewitt and have it direct deposited to the American Express Serve card. Huge mistake, Jackson Hewitt is giving everyone the same response that the IRS is telling them that customers shouldn’t even call them till after the 28th and that they aren’t even showing mine approved. I proceeded to explain that IRS Website has them approved with a dd of BY 2/23 and furthermore the Jackson Hewitt website shows it approved also just waiting on funds from IRS. So I’m supposed to feel good that I paid an obscene amount of money to incompetent idiots to do my taxes and answer any questions I have when they don’t even check the status with the IRS? Point being if IRS releases funds by the 23Rd and I chose the American Express Serve card which is up to 2 days faster than traditional direct deposit why would I have to wait until the 27th-28th for the money. That makes no sense unless it’s the banks way of holding on to it longer.

Kayla

As a Manger with H&R Block, i have had many similar questions. The Path act has been a fun challenge for us and i would recommend going straight to the irs website irs.gov/refund they do have a better handle on their processing dates. IRS does tell us no later than the 28th of february for the returns processed before the 15th of February (so if you got it in early thats their goal)

Kacie
                    @mge11pwda14

Please let me know what you found out! I’m in same exact boat

thegrandemperor

First of all forgive me for not editing my previous post before I put it up.

Anyway, after writing that I just decided to call BofI. As it turns out the number on BofI website just connects you to the regular Emerald Card CS anyway. The better news is that they seem a bit better informed and have a general disbursement date of 2/26, but insistently suggested I check with the IRS for better info. Of course all that will do is lead me around to the WMR app anyway, so a bit of a circle jerk there.

I’m going to do some extra research to see if the IRS might actually have better data than the WMR, although I don’t think it will lead me any further than where I am.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.