Help! When does the IRS update transcripts?

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Help! When does the IRS update transcripts?

• This topic has 22 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Chris.
  • Topic Starter
    Cann4

Help! Can someone tell when the IRS updated transcripts? I can see an account transcript that is completely empty but also says “as of March 6, 2017”. Anyone know what that means?

Viewing 21 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Chris

I filed my 2015 taxes just last month, but forgot to sign the return. It came back stamped, but that I needed to sign. I just returned them last week. Any idea how fast the transcripts will be available? Needed for my mortgage closing in 2 weeks! So Nervous!

Nikolio29

Does anyone know how long the process is to validate a paper return mailed on (2/11) from not having my IP Pin?

I got my first bar finally (3/2) after 2 1/2 weeks from mailing my return.

I just want to have peace of mind with an educated estimated time frame, if possible that is..
            Thank you an God bless

amelia f hay

Hi! I sound completely stupid here, but here goes…I ordered my transcripts online and got them immediately…I assume (never done this before) and I got the following:
              Code-150 Tax Return Filed Cycle 20170805 Date 03-13-2017
              Code 806 04-15-2017
              Code 766- 04-15-2017
              Code 768- 04-15-2017
              Code 570-03-13-2017
              Code 971-03-13-2017

Any idea of this???

Kim

When is the next big update? When is the day we will most likely have a DDD?

Thanks!!

Ashley
                  @apaige219

I got a DDD of 3/1!

thanks to all you guys help! I’m still hanging around here rooting for everyone else that is still waiting, and just in case I have more questions if there is any problem or delay in my funds being deposited!

Karma2678
                    @karma2678

Transcripts update mid day usually. I’m living proof being able to order them doesn’t mean your done processing, but you might be.

I could order mine and found out today I have needed to ID verify since 2/14. My transcripts had no code that said anything about verify, review or a freeze. I just had the very basic codes and then no more codes. Its like they started processing my return and then I was flagged to ID verify and everything stopped processing.
                    I had to contact credit bureaus and add a fraud alert to my files a few months ago. I think this is why I have to ID verify.

Amy L Smith
                      @amy1202

So im just going to guess if I can’t order either I’m not updating tomorrow. Or is it possible to still update. Called weeks ago and they said I was good even ID verified even though they told me I didn’t have to. Dude asked me every thing I think down to what color socks I was wearing. You know even if they’d just give me a date in June I would know where to go from here.

HRL

are codes 806 and 766 bad on the transcript?

AprilN

I wasn’t able to order either transcript this morning but just checked a few minutes ago and could order both.

And that is with me knowing I owe on taxes from 2014 where my ex-employer screwed up my w2.

Filed 2/16/2017
                          Accepted 2/16/2017
                          Ordered both Transcripts 2/24/2017

Vanessa

@Ashley

You have the wonderful 846 (refund issued) code, so yes, tomorrow you will wake up to a DDD date! Probably for March 1st, as Kim said. So happy you were finally able to order your transcripts. Congrats!

Ashley
                              @apaige219

@Kim

that would be so amazing! This has been the LONGEST tax season for me….I hate even complaining because I know so many more people have been waiting longer and still don’t have an update at all.

Medical issues for my son and I have caused us to be in way more debt than we could have ever imagined. It’s going to be such a relief to be able to make some payments!

Kim
                                @starkimmy

Ashley,

You should see an update overnight with a DDD of March 1st. Fingers crossed.

Ashley
                                  @apaige219

I was finally able to order my return transcripts this morning, seems like a lot of people we able to finally see them today. Cycle code 20170805, code 846 with date of 03/13/2017….. does this mean that my refund will be sent on that date? I’m still stuck on one bar on WMR although its becoming apparent that those bars don’t really keep up with the progress of your return.

thanks for all your help

Vanessa

@Ashley

I honestly think their 21 day policy has gone right out the window this year. I filed on 2/6 and wasn’t able to order my Account Transcript until 2/13. Was finally able to order my Return Transcript last Friday, 2/17. WMR updated overnight into 2/18 giving me a “mail by” date of 2/27 (I opt for a paper check through snail mail every year). Exactly 3 weeks after I filed. Also, because of PATH, WMR updates have been all over the place. My personal opinion is they are now about to push out any remaining PATH returns that were filed before February 15th, in order to adhere to their original “week of the 27” announcements. The next “big” update is typically early Saturday morning, so if you’re able to view/order your Return Transcript by Friday evening & your return is issue free, I bet you’ll wake up to a DDD!

Ashley
                                      @apaige219

@Vanessa thank you for that info! Still not sure why mine would have the AS OF DATE 3/6/2017 as we filed on 1/31 and was finally able to see that it was accepted on 2/10/2017 so that would make my 21 days 3/3/2017…………idk this is so confusing. just hoping for DDD soon! thanks again!

Vanessa

Transcripts are updated Monday-Friday throughout the day as your return is being processed. The “as of” date is your official 21-day mark. A blank Account Transcript means that your return has been entered into the system and is beginning to process. Codes on the Account Transcript appear all throughout the process. Once your retun is complete you will then be able to view/order your Return Transcript. If your refund has been approved you will then see the 846 code on the Account Transcript & WMR will update to approved. If there were issues with your return WMR will update with information regarding the issue.

Ashley
                                          @apaige219

mine is exactly the same as yours, all blank, at the bottom it says “no return filed” and there is an AS OF DATE 03/06/2017. I wish someone knew what that meant.

hannah

@rachel you need to file injured spouse

Rachel

I was married to a man that had children with three different women from different states, funny thing is that I was pregnant by 6 months when he confessed it. Back to topic;
                                              How can I get my refund? Should I keep calling?

Rmb

Mines usually updates mid day.. I noticed that this year and last year

Sweetiee
                                                  @sweetiee13

I have read a few times that transcripts update daily through out the week. Jus stating what I’ve read. Today was the first day I was able to order account transcripts but none for return yet. I filed 2/15

CSCL

Good question! Does anyone know? Daily? Hourly? Randomly? Lol

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                                • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.