Has anyone used a tax Advocate? How long did it take to get your refund?

Home Forums Archives Under Review Has anyone used a tax Advocate? How long did it take to get your refund?

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by GINGER TURNER.
  • Topic Starter
    Nicole918

I filed my taxes 1/19/16. I have been waiting since then to receive my refund. They have BS’d me for MONTHS. Never even recieved the cp05 letter that was supposedly “sent” on 2/29/16 (it is 4/16/16). Supposedly, I was “under review”, which has never happened to me. After having enough of getting the run around from the IRS, I finally decided to ask the TAS for help. I called 4/11/16, and received a call back from my advocate 4/14/16, a Thursday. My return had been under review, and she said it looked like the IRS had already received the w2 information they needed and that my income information matched (obviously.) Because of my hardship, she let me know that she was putting in a recommendation to have my refund released and “expedited”. Nothing has changed on WMR and it still says “your refund is still being processed”.. Blah blah. My question is has anybody used a TA and how long after they request your funds be released and expedited do you actually receive your refund? I have been waiting for three months for absolutely no reason and I just want this to be completely over with. Worst tax season experience EVER! After reading, I see that a lot of people have had or are still having issues this year. I hope that nobody ever has to go through this BS ever again with the IRS!

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        GINGER TURNER

I filed my taxes end of January, I had to amend in May and have never received any correspondence from the IRS even though they say that they have sent multiple letters. Everytime i call i am placed on hold for hours at a time just to be told its still pending. I called the advocate service back in june and finally heard back from them after a month, they told me that they were just waiting on a refund date & that he would call me back in August to update me…. AUGUST!!!!! they literally get in no hurry, but if i owed money they would be on it.

james

i am in the exact same situation…. fil a complaint with your local congressman…. theres a form for it big suprise huh…. our govt is broken my friend and does not serve its people

brokeiana
              @brokeiana

So guys I can’t check my transcript online so I decided to call the advocate line and ask for any updates on my account.

When I called Wednesday there had been no updates.

I was placed on hold for about 3 minutes.

When the lady came back to the call she told me my return was approved for the full expected amount and I have a DDD for 3/13!

I’m so happy guys!

So it has been exactly one week since my tax advocate submitted a release to the irs for my return.

My codes were:
              45 day review!

brokeiana
                @brokeiana

Hey guys.

570 and 971 with no DDD in site.

Has anyone in previous years or this year used an advocate to have the irs manually release tax return?

If so how long was the turn around?

My advocate submitted a release on Friday 03/01/19.

Is there any chance I can get a DDD this week?

Claire

I currently have a Tax Advocate. I have been self employed for 22 years as a hairstylist. I owed the government more money than I want to think about. Me and my husband had to file injured spouse. The IRS audited me for the past 7 years and my Advocate did it all for me. He was a God send! We received our entire 2017 refund . I also received our 2016 refund on December 24 this past year! My Advocate called me every week sometimes twice a week to update me. He is AMAZING!!!

nonya business

i have been working on refund for 2013 2014 2015. the tax advocate has not helped at all just simply monitoring my returns ….when the sent 2016 return she called and said i should be recieving it DUHHHHHH i got it and you never helped..just simply monitered it..she said she is nobody at this office whatttttttttttttt????????? really she is not working on my case…..

Maureen hazen
                      @mizzhazen

Did u get ur refund I did same with expedited

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • The forum ‘Under Review’ is closed to new topics and replies.