GreenDot

Home Forums Archives Banks & Prepaid Cards GreenDot

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by NephewJay.
  • Topic Starter
    Anonymous

Almost found this out the hard way…
      If you’re going to receive your refund on a GreenDot card and you filed married/joint, BOTH names need to be on the card’s account or they will reject the deposit. The only way to get both names on the account is to buy a second card via the GreenDot site, under the “Upgrades” tab when logged in, and costs $4.95. The good news is that it only takes a few minutes and is effective the moment that the transaction is completed and you see the charge appear in your account history. You don’t have to wait until the new card arrives.
      I confirmed this via online chat on the GreenDot site.
      I hope that this can save someone some grief and aggravation. :)

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        NephewJay

Any updates on deposits. I have 2-22-22 andcstill nothing

Stephanie
            @sosanchez

I filed 1/16 and accepted 1/17. This is the first I use a prepaid card for taxes because I tried to apply for the refund advance. I didn’t get approved for the advance but the refund is still going on there. I got an email saying the card was on its way but never got it. So I requested a new one and it says it should be here 3/5. If I need the money right away, how can I access it right away? I can’t activate the card because I don’t have it.

Emily
              @carolinagirl75

Good morning everyone, I have a question if anyone might know the answer I’m asking for a friend bc I have no idea, but she has the green dot money card does anyone no what the deposit limit is? She’s receiving a little over 10,000 and someone told her they might reject it. Thanks so much

Tamara Taylor

I Am Waiting on A Sign Of Some Kind For Me To Get My Refund I Am Very Inpatient!! Sorry To Say!!!

Rachael Haines

Just discovered this an hour before direct deposit date….very upset that this was not made known somehow before now. Praying we can somehow get it fixed and still get our DD tomorrow!

gngsatagrl
                    @gngsatagrl

Did anyone get a deposit on green dot card yet? There was a rumor they were confirming people’s identity before depositing, not sure if it’s true or applies to certain people

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Banks & Prepaid Cards’ is closed to new topics and replies.