Form 8962 Letter from IRS

• Creator
    Topic

Melanie

Okay, I’ve just received the dreaded amend your return notice from the IRS. I have to fax the misssing form 8962 and other required papers and the notice says refunds will be issued 6 to 8 weeks after they receive it. I’ve been hearing different things all day–from 2 weeks to 16 weeks.

I’d like to hear anyone else’s experience with this and above all, the answer we all want–will this delay the refund? It’s hard to figure out if the delay is for the entire refund or only the new, extra amount they now owe me after completing the missing form.

Thanks and I want to stress that I will be back here posting my own results as soon as anything changes because I know how frustrating this is for all of us in the same boat.

Viewing 200 replies - 1 through 200 (of 503 total)
  • Author
    Replies

DannyDark

I GOT MY DD!! 4/20 (lol)

So this has been by far the longest process ever to get my refund. But I think it has finally come to an end. So here is my timeline in hopes it will help others with their journey.
    Filed 2/11
    Accepted 2/12
    Received Letter 3/1
    Faxed Documents 4/1 (was on vacation)
    Received DD 4/16

So heres what I have learned, Fax your documents don’t mail, I wouldn’t request transcripts either, Ive talked to many people who are requesting transcripts and their
    accounts were put into review, because the transcript request triggered it. So I would advise in not requesting it. And when you fax in your documents, wait 1 week and then call them and when they ask how long has it been since you faxed them, lie, and say like 4 or 5 weeks. That will help your story and then they will check. But all and all, it took 16 days from when I faxed my documents, to when they processed it and got my DD. So I will update everyone on 4/20 if the direct deposit came in. Thank to everyone who has helped and guided me. I hope everyone gets their money soon!

Leelee
    Participant

I am new here.
    I filed Feb. 9th
    Called March 9th and was told that a letter was mailed to me on March 1st.
    Received my letter on March 12th.
    Faxed documents and letter on March 14th.
    Called March 21st to see if my fax was received and it was. I was told that it will take about 4 to 6 weeks for processing.
    My documents were faxed to the office in Utah.
    I wonder how fast or slow the office in Utah is???

DannyDark

I GOT MY DD!! 4/20 (lol)

So this has been by far the longest process ever to get my refund. But I think it has finally come to an end. So here is my timeline in hopes it will help others with their journey.
    Filed 2/11
    Accepted 2/12
    Received Letter 3/1
    Faxed Documents 4/1 (was on vacation)
    Received DD 4/16

So heres what I have learned, Fax your documents don’t mail, I wouldn’t request transcripts either, Ive talked to many people who are requesting transcripts and their
    accounts were put into review, because the transcript request triggered it. So I would advise in not requesting it. And when you fax in your documents, wait 1 week and then call them and when they ask how long has it been since you faxed them, lie, and say like 4 or 5 weeks. That will help your story and then they will check. But all and all, it took 16 days from when I faxed my documents, to when they processed it and got my DD. So I will update everyone on 4/20 if the direct deposit came in. Thank to everyone who has helped and guided me. I hope everyone gets their money soon!

rbk428

I feel like chiming in since I’ve been checking on this thread for awhile now! Here is my situation:
    Filed on 2/13
    Accepted on 2/13
    21 days went by so I started looking into the problem and learned that I was going to be receiving the dreaded letter regarding the missing Obamacare info. I had that damn insurance for two whole months in 2015 and then got a new job and insurance with it, but those two months of Obamacare screwed me over! Agh! Anyway…
    Received the dreaded letter on 3/7
    Faxed the necessary documents on 3/8
    Called on 3/23 (was on hold for 32 minutes and the second I stepped in to the bathroom to pee, they freaking picked up that call) and spoke to someone who was very nice and informed me that, yes, my information was received and was “processing.” Basically I was told I would hear “something” by 4/5 and to call back after that if there is no update. All that has changed on WMR is that the “tax topic” link has reappeared and the original refund amount as disappeared. I know my refund went down a bit, so that does not alarm me. Now I continue to wait with all of you! SUPER FUN!!

DannyDarco

I FINALLY HAVE A REFUND DATE!!! 4/20 (the irony in that)

This by far has been the longest process ever, in getting my refund, But its finally coming to an end, I hope. So here is my time line and I hope my experience will help others.
    Filed 2-11
    Accepted 2-12
    8962 Letter arrived 3-1
    Couldn’t get my docs and faxed until 4-1
    Called 4-14 and was told my file was put into processing that very day
    Woke up to DD on 4-16
    I think its really just a waiting game once you file your docs.
    From my experience, don’t mail, FAX your docs, wait 1 week and call, the number you
    have on the letter with the 3 digit ext number. If they ask you how long has it been since you faxed the documents. LIE!! Tell them 4 weeks/5 weeks even if its been 1 week.
    If you say anything less than 4 weeks they will sometimes not even try looking up your info. But After 2 weeks of faxing my docs in, I was back into processing and now on the 16th day, Im getting my DD on 4-20. Now lets see if that DD is accurate. Ill keep everyone posted, But THERE is a light at the end of the tunnel. This forum has given me hope, insight and a place to release steam. I hope my journey has helped others, and that we all get our returns soon. Good Luck everyone! Ill update you on the 20th is I get my refund or not.

Leelee251

Filed & Accepted Feb. 9th
    Called on March 9th and was told that a letter was mailed out to me on March 1st. Called back and asked what was needed (1040 & 8962) and where to send it, the gentleman gave me the mailing address. He also told me that processing takes about 6-9 weeks.
    Received my letter in the mail in March 12th which contained a different mailing address.
    Called March 14 to inform the rep that I was given a different mailing address than what was on the letter. The woman told me to only use the information on the letter because there are different buildings that handle different IRS issues. She also told me that faxing my documents would be quicker.
    Faxed my letter, forms 1040, 1095A, and 8962on March 15th.
    Called yesterday and was told that they have received my fax and it may take 4 weeks to process.
    This tax year is driving me crazy!

Buddy

Hi everyone, I’ve been following this thread for awhile myself and I just wanted to give you guys my story on this and how it went for me.

Filed – Jan 20
    Received Letter 12c – Feb. 25
    Faxed Letter and all documents – Feb. 29

Since faxing info in, I have only called the IRS once, which was about a week ago. IRS agent told me they have received my fax info and it will be processed. He gave me the usual 4 week timeline. I did not order return transcripts or asked for any other info. I just took it as it is and decided to wait for the 4 week timeline.

I’ve been checking WMR everyday and as of 3/15 at 10:23 P.M. I have the TT 152 and no DDD or refund amount.

Here is the cool thing, while reading through a lot of the older posts and browsing the web, I decided to check WMR again. The time is now 3/16 12:52 A.M., I get the error message, “you may have entered your information incorrectly, please verify….” Hmmm, Okay. So I decide to put in my NEW amount after filling out 8962 (I was suppose to receive more btw)…..and WHAT DO YOU KNOW!?!! I have a DDD of 3/18 ! ! ! Two bars and my refund is approved.

Finally this whole ordeal is coming to an end. I’m just hoping WMR stays like that and don’t disappear within the next few days lol (knock on wood).

My experience and advice to those who are still waiting, stay patient it’s gonna come. I think depending on where you fax, how you faxed your info, or if your missing info when you faxed in; it’s gonna take some time. Hang in there guys!

8962 saga
    Participant

Has anyone who faxed their paperwork for march 1st received a DD yet I fax my paperwork on the 1st of March and I still have not had an update I’m so fucking frustrated

Myesha Thach

Creative writing – Apropos , you need to fill out a IRS 8962 , my wife filled out a blank version here http://goo.gl/N3SL2t

Lavette

@DallasTxYall Thank you. I got a TA last week so hopefully things move faster. When I last spoke to her, she told me the IRS have my papers, they are just sitting there not being worked on. She told me to re-fax everything to her (which I did), so hopefully soon, I will have progress

DallasTxYall

Hi Lavatte,

Im sorry you are still waiting. The whole process took me 8 weeks. I got a TA and 10 days later I had a ddd. I fax on 2/18 and again late march and april got a TA and then ddd following that. Really the whole process can take from 2-8 weeks. Try and get a TA and see if that will speed things alone. Good Luck.

Lavette

Well if it is any help and anyone still reading this, I am still waiting. With no DDD as of yet

Bradley

well, As my journey this tax season comes to an end I feel I must update this thread one more time. I don’t know how many people will read this because I’m pretty sure mine was the last to come out of corrections lol.

MY timeline:

filed 1/20
    accepted 1/22
    letter received 2/10
    faxed 2/11
    again on 3/1
    again on 4/7
    able to order transcripts 4/22
    DDD on 4/23 of 4/27
    on this the eve of finally receiving the money my family has desperately been needing since October. I feel sort of like a tax return marine. first man in last man out! God Bless all of you and may your 2017 tax season be a breeze!!

DallasTxYall

@ ctex Congrats, sooo happy for you.

@ everyone else hope the wait is over for yall as well.

Ctex

I woke up because my daughter started crying and checked WMR….I finally got an update! Suppose to have my deposit on 4/27. The wait is finally over!

Ctex

Praying for an update in the morning! Lord please let us see an update to receive our tax refund, Amen.

Lavette

Nothing has changed. I am hoping tomorrow something will happen. I contacted the TA and I do have a case. They told me, if I don’t have any changes by Tuesday to call them back and they will dig deeper. This is the longest and worst tax season

DallasTxYall

@ dannydark my ddd was for 4/20 and my ddd posted to my bank on 4/20.

@ lavette Once I got a TA, I got a ddd 10 days later. All in all took 7-8 weeks. Good Luck All.

Lavette

I called yesterday and the rep told me to wait till the end of week and if nothing happens by Monday to call again, because the maximum amount is six weeks. I checked both WMR and my bank account thinking I would be apart of the people getting theirs today and nothing has changed. I am so frustrated with everything. I will be calling for a tax adviser because this is way to long to be waiting.

DannyDark

So for those of you who had DD of 4-20, have any of you got it early?

Ctex

@DallasTxYall that’s awesome. Gives me hope I’ll still receive mine by direct deposit when they send my refund.

DallasTxYall

@ ctex WMR is showing direct deposit to my bank for 4/20. I had to update my address as well. I listed my new address and my address was updated and it shows Im still receiving direct deposit.

Ctex

@DallasTxYall

Are you still receiving it by direct deposit or are they going to issue a check? I know a lot of people who are receiving checks instead of direct deposit due to the change of their refund amount.

DallasTxYall

@ lavate WMR did not change until 4/16 on saturday morning and it didnt change until I was able to put in my new calculated amount. I was able to order transcripts Friday and WMR updated Saturday morning. Im praying for an update this week for all.

Lavette

@DallasTxYall & @ctex,

Was your WMR status changed or was there a pending deposit on your bank account? I checked WMR and I can still put in my old amount and get the “still processing, date will be available” saying. Any other amount, doesn’t work.

I wish the young lady I talked to on Friday, was able to release my funds.

Keep us updated!

Ctex

@DallasTxYall

I will most certainly let everyone know when I get an update. Hell, speaking to such a nice person, who was willing to do their job right, made me just as happy as her releasing it. All the other reps I talked to would look at my account and tell me to wait 3-4, 4-6 or 6-9 weeks. My advice, if you’re still waiting for an update, call until you get someone nice and/or ask to speak with a supervisor. The way the lady was talking, she basically said that the person working my account forgot about it. Call until you get answers, they can look at everything on your account and tell you whats going on so don’t let them tell you otherwise. Most of the Reps are just TOO DAMN LAZY to do their job right. Don’t give up

DallasTxYall

@ ctex

Im glad she was able to release your refund and at least she was honest and told you what you needed to know. I pray an for an update fir you this week. As its been too long. Keep us updated and let me know if you have questions are need help.

Ctex

Like I said I was going to do, I called the IRS this morning. I was able to get a very nice lady who researched everything possible for 45 minutes. Finally she said that she was releasing my refund because there was no reason for it to still be sitting there. The lady also stated that it should have been released on March 28th when they took the freeze off of my account. So now, hopefully, I will see an update very soon

Lavette

I called IRS back Friday afternoon, and the lady told me she see no indications that a letter was sent so that means a DD will be coming. I have to wait till the 21 and somewhere around that time I will see something. That will be within my 6 weeks. She said 6 weeks is/should be the max time.

Strawberry

Here is an update to my situation
    IRS was supposed to send letter twice on the 4th and again on the 18th, I received neither, called back again and spoke to a nice young lady that told me what to do and where to fax
    04/06. Faxed paperwork
    04/16. Was given a DDD for 04/20/16
    GOOD LUCK

DallasTxYall

@ ctex call the IRS and request a Tax Advocate you must tell them you have an issues such as medical problems and expenses late rent etc. My TA called IRS and 10 days later I got DDD.

Ctex

@Melee

You say be patient…. well…. it’s kind of hard to be PATIENT when I filed my taxes on 1/23 and faxed papers 2/17. The IRS is pulling a bunch of bullshit. Thanks to our worthless president we have, he has created this mess of chaos with his ObamaCare horseshit. You can bet your ass the IRS will get an ear full from me come Monday morning

DallasTxYall

I got a ddd this morning of 4/20 going to my bank.

2/19 fax 8962

3/25 fax docs again

4/6 called for a tax advocate as no movement at all.

4/6 TA reached out to IRS

4/15 was able to order transcripts by phone only.

4/16 could not put in old refund amount tried new refund amount that work and I had a ddd for 4/20.

@ ctex called for a TA when I did that 10 days later I had a ddd. They know this is shameful.

Melee

Just be patient, your refund is coming!

Heres my timeline:

02/03/16 Original Filing date
    03/01/16 I Called IRS was told by a nice lady what the issue was, how to fill out the forms and submit them once i got my letter.
    3/11/16 Received letter
    3/14/16 Sent fax
    4/5/16 called IRS & was told i would get refund or letter in 4 weeks or less
    4/17/16 my direct deposit is pending

Also I should note that WMR had not updated my information as of 4/16/16, and suddenly my bank account shows my pending deposit? Kinda kooky, but I am happy its there.

Ctex

Still no update this week. Guess I’m gonna have to be an asshole about things come Monday morning. Praying for the rest of you that are having this problem as well

DallasTxYall

Update: This morning I was able to order both transcripts using my new address. I was only able to order my transcripts by phone. WMR is stil saying refund date provided when available. Im in Texas FYI. My refund was to be reduce by $108.

Return accepted on 1/19.

Fax 8962 on 2/19 and again mid March.

4/15 able to order both transcripts, no change on WMR as of yet.

This is the craziest and longest wait ever. Shame. I will update any new info right away.

Elaine

So here’s my timeline on the tax drama ..
    Filed my taxes on February 11th.
    waited the required 21 (22?) days after it was received to call IRS and find out what was going on. They told me I should have gotten a letter. ( I did not) – turns out they had the wrong city listed for me (? seriously ?) and so he said, wait a couple weeks for the letter.

Waited. No letter.

March 18 – Called again. Said I have gotten no letters. The lady was nice and told me that I needed to fax in the 1095, the 8962 and 2nd page of the 1040 (redone). So I did it.

Called March 30 – said to give it four weeks. Still says tax is being processed on my WMR app.

April 14 – today. 5 weeks since the fax. I can’t get through a real person on the tax line now, and WMR says still processing.

THIS IS TOTAL BS. UGh. >:(

Lavette

@ctex I never even received the CP12 letter. I am assuming that is the letter the representative was referring to last time I called. It is literally a waiting game like every has said. I will be calling next week if nothing changes. This is the worst tax season ever.

Jenni

My taxes were filed electronically 2/14/16. Didn’t get a letter about the missing 8962 form until 3/18/2016. My account had to re-do everything and I faxed on 3/28/16. I faxed it twice just to be sure and got a fax confirmation that it went through. I wanted to find a way to even check if it was received. I’m pictured a large desk with a fax machine and piles and piles of paperwork to be sifted through at some point in time. Very frustrating to not know anything. All of this was for a 22.00 decrease in my tax refund. SERIOUSLY? Now the waiting game begins. Don’t know if it’s been received and if it has been, what month I’ll actually receive my money. So ridiculous.

Ctex

@Levee I have called every week except last week. I did receive a notice CP-12 notifying me of a math error that the IRS had to correct. After I received the letter the lady said to wait 3-4 weeks from the 21st. So we shall see

Lavette

@Ctex when I spoke to someone during my fourth week waiting (this Thursday will be my fifth week), she told me I should either be expecting the direct deposit or a letter in the mail. If not, to call back on the sixth week. Have you received any notices?

Ctex

This week will be my 8th week of waiting. The only thing new I found out was the freeze was lifted off my account on 3/28. So now I’m praying to see an update this week

Erika Herrera

Its been about 4 weeks since I faxed over my 8962 for and no update I don’t know what to do.

Lavette

@8962 saga, Congratulations!!!!

8962 saga
    Participant

The wait is over you guys the wait is over my check came in the mail today thank you Lord thank you Jesus and please do not let this happen next year!! Good luck to everyone else hope you all got your checks today or got your DDDs because we all need our money

Timeline: filed January 28th 2016
    Letter sent: February 26th 2016
    Forms faxed: March 1st 2016
    DDD Date: April 8th 2016
    Check received by mail: April 11th 2016

I hope this helps you guys with a timeline hopefully this can answer a lot of your questions without the concern of the IRS because they are a bunch of crap

Lorenzo

@Ctex – I don’t blame you. I didn’t bother calling cause at the 8 week mark, I was done. Had I not saw an update I would have been on the phone.

@DallasTxYall – I really think they’re pushing to 8wks on purpose. I submitted on the 16 of Feb. Prior to an update I spoke to a rep who in so many words said to wait till the 13th.

Kathy
    Participant

I had this letter / form and many others that I had to send in. My TA told me on Friday that my refund day was set for 4/13. I just checked the WMR and it says the same so I think maybe it is actually true!
    Good Luck to everyone else going through this same thing!
    K

Lavette

Still no update for me neither. It still says processing and refund date will be available soon. This is ridiculous.

Chelle

Finally got an update on Friday. A rep told me I would get my refund on 4/13/16 I really didn’t believe him, but I just checked WMR and I will be receiving my money on the 13th. I’m praying everyone gets an update this week. This definitely Had been a rough tax year for all of us. My paperwork set in the wrong Department For 5 weeks and it took me 7 weeks to get a refund date.. Good luck to you all.

Ctex

Still no update for me either. You can bet I’m calling Monday and not getting off the phone till they tell me what the hell is going on and why they don’t have their shit together. This is just down right ridiculous

DallasTxYall

@ lorenzo

Congrats. No progress for me yet. Faxed papers on 2/19 and wmr stills says refund date when available. Now for some reason I cant order trans because it says address is not matching. I put a change of address on my new papers I sent in, but its not working with my new nor old address.

@ ctex

Have you gotten any movement?

Lorenzo

Post update:

Tried again after refreshing my browser.
    WMR updated, check will be mailed out by the 15th…
    Sooooo what happens with TT? Since I had opted for DD.

Also had anyone got their check on time?

Lorenzo

Update –

Old amount in WMR no longer works, which is same case for the amount from the paperwork, which I submitted from TT, although that could be wrong(?).
    In a way I’m happy for the progress, but now I’ll have to wait till Monday to call and see if I can get some info.

No offsets, so that’s good.
    Keeping fingers crossed!

Lavette

@8962 saga I called the number but it didn’t prompt me with an opportunity to put in an extension. Just three options : 1- check status 2- if the refund was lost, destroyed, or stolen 3- check status of amended tax return.

I checked the status and it is still processing, of course

Lavette

@8962 Saga I am Florida. But I will call that number today! Thank you so much! Hopefully I get someone who will give me information. I will let you know soon as I can.

8962 saga
    Participant

@Lavette. What state ate you in? Cuz i called 18008291954 ext 863 and one rep told me everything even before i got my transcript. She even explained to me why my amount was different. She probably told me more then she should have. Because when i callef back and got another rep they were suprised i knew certain dates so they could only confirm what was said already. Try that number. Im from Jersey

Lavette

@8962 saga. Basically! I also asked them what EXACTLY can they tell us, because nothing is ever really told. She said, they are only customer service and can only say “what is on their screen”. They can not tell new amounts, new dates, any type of letters, etc because those are different depts.

They can only really tell you, that it has been process and what could POSSIBLY be the next steps.

I can’t be bothered with these people.

DallasTxYall

It been about 6 week close to 7 weeka and no update on WMR still says refund date when available. He was saying things without trying to give me what he know he really sees on the system. He said the errors department have closed out my issue and I should be seeing an update in 3-4 weeks. In so many words he was trying to say errors was done and fixed the problem. I could get him to tell me that however, he just kept saying it was closed out. Whatever that means. SMH

8962 saga
    Participant

@melissa did you ever get your deposit

@Lavette you haven’t heard anything yet in reference to your refund only to just tell you to call back at a later date SMH

I did get approved it states that my check will be mailed by the 8th of April so I guess I’ll know something by this time next week hopefully I will actually get a check

Lavette

Update: Okay I got someone different you was able to tell me more information. She confirmed that I am at my 4 week mark. She said I should be receiving either my refund or a letter (she did not say what the letter states) but to no give it till the 21st of this month (6th week mark). This is so draining.

Lorenzo

@CTEX,

I hear you. It will be 8 weeks soon and I have yet to get an update. The last rep told me if I didn’t hear something or get a DD by the 13th to call back. Yet, some barely waited 3wks. It’s really pathetic, especially when the reps see more information than they’re willing to give. You’d think it would better things on their end by communicating more details. It’s a damn shame.

Lavette

Today I called them (multiple times might I add). Four weeks. Still nothing. I have no idea what to do anymore.

Ctex

Well i still haven’t seen any updates yet. It has been 7 weeks since I faxed in my papers. This is a crock of shit!

Melissa

well just to update you my refund was not in my bank acct but it did go through turbo tax bank and said it was sent to my bank. @levette, u will proly get an update by saturday. I will say a prayer for you. I know how much we all need this money!!

Lavette

@melissa & @8962 saga that sucks that turbo tax is charging you guys. That is insane. It too, has been a long tax season and was really depending on the refund. This time frame really threw me off with bill and things. Sigh. I will keep you guys up dated Thursday-Saturday.

Let me know if anything changes!

8962 saga
    Participant

I didnt use turbo tax i use a placed called vanmeter tax service and they use replublic bank. My personal bank does not have anything pending funds. I dnt know if it would be delivered by mail or ddd. Ughhhh

Melissa

@saga8962….My refund already went through santa barbara bank which is the bank turbotax uses for their direct deposit. u can try there and see if there is anything pending under your ss# if you google sbbt….it will come up at santa barbara bank and trust. click on taxpayer and it will ask for your ss#. Mine was direct deposited. Keep me posted

8962 saga
    Participant

Also now that you mention it I also had my fee for my Taxes coming directly out of my refund but they too do not know about my taxes being mailed to my house at least I don’t think they do but at this point it’s like what the fuck because I pretty much did my taxes myself when I had to fill out the 8962 but I’m pretty sure if they don’t intercept My Refund and take their fees they will be calling me or sending a bill but let me know when you guys deposit hit your bank and I’ll let you know when mine hit mine

8962 saga
    Participant

@melissa I’m not sure why they are mailing mine I guess because of my address changed but not really sure. Are they mailing yours? On the website it says your check will be mailed by April 8th so I don’t know if they’re still going to mail it or direct deposit it. I’ve been looking online and read in different posts and some people say that it was a mailed but then it would be directly deposited and then sometimes it will say direct deposit and it will be mailed so I’m not sure if they’re going to mail it or deposit it. Nevertheless I just want my money. Did yours say direct deposit or mail? It also say mail by the 8th so I’m assuming they will mail it no later than the 8th

Melissa

@saga…well im glad u finally have an update but i wonder why they are mailing you a check instead direct deposit. But at least you have a light at the end of the tunnel. I actually got a notice from turbo tax that they were gonna charge our acct for our taxes because our refund didnt come thru so on top of everything else i had to notify them and let them know it has all been worked out.
    @Levette….Hey girl. Yesterday would have been 5 weeks since i faxed mine in. So i would think you will have some news by saturday. I also couldnt put my 8962 amt in until wmr no longer accepted my old one. So if it still says processing they havnt finished your taxes yet. But I hope its soon. Is been a long tax season and this wait has been horrible. My husband has been out of work and we were relying on our taxes coming back so we had something to live on. Things are finally looking up now as this whole mess made us do something about our future so we started our own bookkeeping business. If it wasnt for having to wait for the irs we wouldnt have never made this decision. So things have a way of working themselves out. Keep me posted and i hope you get your refund sooner than later!

Lavette

@8962 saga. Okay. That sounds good. Thursday is week 4 so between Thursday and Saturday, there should be some sort of updating or updates. I will let you know then!

8962 saga
    Participant

@Lavette if you were unable to put your calculated amount and then you probably are not finished processing yet expecially if you are able to use your expected refund your original amount then chances are you’re not finish processing yet maybe Friday or Saturday the systems will update and you will be able to use your calculated amount online or on the app once you are able to use your calculated amount then chances are you have a refund date

Lavette

@8962 saga & @melissa
    I tried my calculated amount from the 8962 form through the automated phone call last night, and didn’t get anything. I guess that amount might be wrong? However, I tried my original amount and gave me the same response as wmr “still processing. Will get a date soon. ” blah blah.

This Thursday is my fourth week. Hopefully something will happen by then. Or at least a date or some information.

8962 saga
    Participant

Melissa I was able to use my 8962 calculated information only through automated system and online my delivery date says it will be sent for mailed to me on the 8th but a representative did say that it will be released on the 3rd and then another representative said it would be released on the 17th only God knows what it really will be released

Melissa

If it makes any difference i still cant order transcripts but have a deposit date for the 6th

Melissa

@Levette and @Saga….The number is 1800-829-0582 ET 332. I have a reference number of 9021. idk if that helps. @Saga did you finally get an update when you used the amt from your 8962? Thats what i had to put in. If i tried the wmr with the amt the irs gave me it doesnt work neither does my old amt it only worked with the amt i calculated on my 8962. I have a deposit date of the 6th. The wmr said i shold have it by the 11th and the irs rep said it should be released by the 17th. So idk if it is here on the 6th i will for sure let you guys know. I have a feeling that some reps only have certain amt of clearence when they check our accts and others have more. Because i have gotten better answers with some and the same old 6-8 weeks with others.

8962 saga
    Participant

Okay so I called the 800 number and used my calculated amount from my 8962 form and it actually gave me an update as to when my direct deposit should be sent and it gave me the amount of my refund which I already knew I’m still unable to go on the website and put any amount in there but it did give me a date for April 8th but not sure hoping that it works I see a lot of people with the 6th as their date so who knows

Lavette

@8962 saga when I check with my old amount it stills says “your tax information is being processed. A date will be available soon” blah blah.

I don’t have information about a new amount, as IRS claim they can’t give me anything.

And the amount that I calculated, doesn’t work.

I can’t even order my transcripts.

8962 saga
    Participant

@Lavette So are you able to check the website with your old amount or new amount and maybe just not your calculated amount because I’m not able to check it with neither of the amounts the old new or the calculated one that I came up with

Ctex

No update for me today… maybe next week or the week after… who freaking knows… they are giving everyone the run around and pissing everyone off. One day we will get our taxes back…. it’s just bullshit. Congrats to the ones that got an update.

Heather Johnson

My time line:
    FIled 1-28
    Letter send and faxed info on 2-18

I have called every day for the last 2 weeks. I get different information each time I call. From my paperwork was received to it wasnt received at all. Given the usual 6-8 week spill too. Sometimes I call back again that afternoon. I have been told a referral was sent to the errors department to speed up my return. Then told It will be 30 days from that date before they may respond. Was told on THursday that they are processing my return as if I had no insurance (I had marketplace for 6 months). Then I can do an amended return to get my money back they fine me. THis is crazy!!

Lavette

@melissa yes please, can you share the number.

@8962 saga. My calculations don’t work either. Why make me do the calculations when it’s probably not right and will be changed.

I’m so frustrated and ready for everything to be over with.

8962 saga
    Participant

@melissa plz share that number

8962 saga
    Participant

@Lavette. Well the irs told me my new amount and that it wnt be released until the 16th. I tried today to check for updates with my new and original amount and its not registering. Then i tried with the amount that i came up with after doing the 8962 form. Still nothing. I cnt track my refund now. Not sure if i should wait or call on monday.

Melissa

@LEVETTE…Monday would have been 5 weeks for me. I do have a number for a live person if anyone wants to use it. Let me know i will repost it. The whole process sucks and it makes it worse when you acant even get a rep to give you anykind of information. When i called a couple days ago she said my refund wouldnt be released until the 17th but the wmr says i have a deposit date of the 6th. and another part said the 11th.
    @levette…..u will probably update next saturday. it looks like they update on fridays and saturdays finally gives us information.

Lavette

@8962 Saga

Where did you get your new amount from? Irs doesn’t tell me anything and the calculations I did from the 8962 from doesn’t work. I never received the cp12 paper neither. This Thursday will be my fourth week waiting after sending in the papers.

DallasTxYall

@ ctex what is your update?

@ melissa congrats.

DallasTxYall

I cant order trans, wmr is stuck on refund date when available. Sent in paper work on 2/19 and was told by another rep to refax papers, so I did and called back 2nd rep said I didnt need to refax papers. Talked to a rep yesterday said its still in errors and allow more time. She said it show zero days remaining for them to correct but still no movement said she show april something should happen but she was not sure and show no letters was mailed since c12 in Jan. Spoke to a rep after her said show papers need to be refaxed told her I did that twice as recent as last week asked me to send 3rd time I said no because I couldnt get her to telling me why I needed to resend a 3rd time if it show they received fax. I hung up on her and call for a TA. Im frustrated this is unreal. I get different repsonses from each rep. I cant order my transcript anf wmr is stuck on same processing message.

Melissa

@8962 saga….my wmr didnt register with my old amount or the new amt the irs gave me. I had to put in the amt I came up with on my 8962. My amt on my updated 8962 was diff than what the irs calculated after they processed my paperwork. Hope that helps

Melissa

I was able to put my new amt in wmr and it finally updated. I have a deposit date of the 6th.
    Timeline…
    Lost Bars 2/19
    Never received a letter but faxed paperwork anyway 3/1
    Finally got a deposit date of 4/6
    I will post and let you guys know if the deposit has been made.

@8962 Saga….Try putting in your new amount. The irs recalculated mine i put my new amount in and it registered with their adjusted amount. I do have a number to talk to a live person that is on my where my refund page. if you want it let me know.

8962 saga
    Participant

Ok so i checked the irs website and called the 1040 number and i used my old and new amounts and neither of them are registering. It prompts me to reenter. WTF!!!Does anyone know what this means and is this happening to you too. Im so confused and angry

Melissa

@8962SAGA…When u talked to the rep yesterday she said a letter will be sent out stating my increase for my refund. But i have not received it yet. I still never even received the letter saying i had to send in my 8962 and 1095a. I got a rep who was nice enuf to tell me what i needed to send in. All they said was there is a hold on it and it will be released the 17th or 18th of april. But i can settle with that news becuz before this i couldnt get anyone to tell me anything.

8962 saga
    Participant

What is the best way to get the most current and accurate update. Should i call 1040 number or WMR app or irs website

Jessica W

No it wouldn let me use my old amount

8962 saga
    Participant

@jessica W so you was able to check WMR with your old amount and it said approved even tho ur amount was diff? It never prompted u that ue amount had changed

Jessica W

It said approved and I jus checked WMR because yesterday it was jus sayin approved but it did update today to sent it didn’t let me put in my new amount til it was approved

Lavette

I never received a cp12 letter and I have no idea what my new amount is.

I just got off the phone with a rep and she said, as before, there will be no new news until after the fourth week. There should either be correspondance or a refund during the fourth week. I should call back that Monday of the fifth week, if nothing has changed.

8962 saga
    Participant

@jessica W. Does ur Wmr still say processing wen u got ur refund or did it say approved

Jessica W

Hasn’t *

Jessica W

I know if it updated it will be Saturday mine still has updated to sent and I gt my money wen the 30th

Jessica W

I did not receive the letter and I got my money but I fixed it using turbo tax so it figured up my 8962 form for me and increased mine by 180 and never gt a letter tellin me it went up

8962 saga
    Participant

@ Melissa did you also receive a C12 letter I know that Ctex did I never received one and my refund went up so I was wondering if we both would have to wait for the letter to arrive before they will continue to process and clear our refunds

Lorenzo

Just got off the phone with a rep who basically gave me the 6 to 8 weeks speech. If I don’t hear or get a refund by the 13 then I have to call back. About to check to see if there are any offsets to be on the safe side.

I’m so over it at this point.

Melissa

@8962SAGA…..I too called yesterday and found out my taxes are finally out of errors and cleared. When we did our 8962 the amount was only suppose to go up by $19 but when the irs got the paperwork and they did the math it went up by$370. She thinks the amount differance between my math and their math is why they have a hold on it. My taxes are due to be released the 17th or 18th like yours. She said i will get a letter in the mail stating the increase in amount. I also cannot check wmr with my new amount but it still registers with the old amount. Hopefully when they do their updates today we can check tomarrow to track the progress.

@CTEX…..I would bother the hell outta them. I lost my cool with a rep last week because she didnt wana tell me shit. She contridicted what the rep i talked to last week said. They do have a script they follow and are not suppose to tell us anything. Its bullshit. Its our money and if we owed them they would be all over our ass for it. Keep calling till u get someone who will give you some answers because they see everything thats going on on your account right in front of them!! You couild also try calling a tax advocate. I know some ppl on here have used on and have had luck with them.
    Good Luck and I hope we all hear something soon!!

Ctex

The CP-12 just notifies you that an adjustment was made due to a math error on your return.

Ctex

Oh yea…. the lady also said that she could see that someone was last working on my return on 3/28… I’m not sure what good that is suppose to do for me but ok. I also asked if I could speak with someone higher up and she continued to give me the bullshit run around of 4-6 weeks. If I have no update tomorrow when they do their big updates I will damn sure be calling someone outside the IRS to help out.

8962 saga
    Participant

@Ctex what is a cp12 letter because I never gotten one and if that’s something that I need to be get in I need to call them and find out. I spoke with an agent yesterday and he told me that I should have my refund by the 18th but at this point I’m not sure when I will get it if I will get in and I don’t have any offset so I don’t see what the problem is my refund only went up a few dollars but not much to be waiting this long for

Ctex

I just got off the phone with the IRS and I about lost my cool with the lady. I told her I filed my taxes 1/23… received a letter to fax in 8962 and 1095a forms and did so 2/17…. she stated to allow 4-6 weeks for processing. Then said a CP-12 was mailed on 3/21 which I received… she then said I need to wait another 4-6 weeks before calling again for an update. I swear these people are brain washed to read every line their computer tells them to. I’m starting to get really f-ING pissed off and tempted to contact someone on the legal side to sort this mess out for me.

8962 saga
    Participant

So I spoke to an agent this time and he confirmed that yes my refund it go up and yes there is a date for release which is April 18th I believe what he’s saying so I’m just going to roll with that one unfortunately I am unable to put my new amount on the wmr website so I don’t know how I’m going to verify or track the progress. The website will only let me put my old amount in so I’m going to wait until the end of next week and try my new amount and see what happens then. I will update you guys on what happens next

Chelle

I just had to call the IRS 3 times in a row, and I’m happy I did because I finally got to the third represent and she let me know that my paperwork has been in the wrong Department all this time and just 15 mins ago she faxed my information over to the right Department. Ughhh.. and it’s crazy because last week they just told me my amount went up and I had to wait 45 more days. I Filed 1/20 was accepted 1/22 paper came in the mail 2/16 I mailed it off over night they received it 2/20 and I’m still waiting. I have heard so many different excuses from these representative and today I just finally decided that I was not going to stop calling until I got the answer that I wanted to hear.

Lavette

The rep I just spoke with told me, my taxes are still being processed but to call after the fourth week mark (next week Thursday for me) to get more information. He also couldn’t give me my new amount. This is so frustrating especially since each rep gives you different news OR they can’t give you news/updates at all!

Congrats to those who have their refunds already!

To the rest of us, may the odds forever be in your favor

Melissa

I just called the irs. There systems are down but they are able to get into some accts. She was able to look and see that my amount went up. For some reason they hsave as hold on my acct still. She thinks its because the numbers on my 8962 didnt match their final numbers but my taxes should be released around the 17th of april. Here is my timeline.
    lost bars 2/19
    Nver recieved letter but faxed info 3/1
    went bk into processing 3/15
    refund should be release 4/17

She did state i could get them sooner, That she sent something asking for the release because there is no more errors or holds. If anyone else was told a hold was on theirs but was released before their date please let me know. Thank you and good luck for those who are waiting. I know how frustrating the process is but there are some reps out there who will answer your questions and give you information.

Melissa

This whole situation is frustrating. I too faxed my info in on the 1st of march. I was lucky to get a rep last week who told me my taxes were back in processing. Then a couple days ago i talked to another one who had no clue what i was talking about. So after arguing with her she finally confirmed they had my paperwork and it was processing to wait 6-8 weeks. But i faxed all my info without a letter. my bars disappeared on the 19th of feb. and i was told a letter would be mailed out. I have yet to get this stupid letter. I was told by the asshole rep a couple of days ago to wait for the letter that they still have not even maileed out yet. I finally lost my cool. Everytime i call i get a diff reponse for a diff rep and i am getting pretty pissed off!!!

DallasTxYall

Still no update for me either. Faxed info on 2/19. No transcripts available. My amount I owe was deducted from my refund on thr turbo tax website and turbo tax said the irs make those changes. Thats was 3 weeks ago. Im going on my 6th week and no changes. Called irs and get different reponses, mostly that its still processing. In rep told me april for ddd, but maybe. One rep said refax and I did and still nothing. Im frustated. WMR still say refund date when available. I can still pull up my info with old amoun. But turbo tax is showing adjusted amount. Wierd.

8962 saga
    Participant

@Ctex when I called yesterday the rep told me that my refund went up and that my account had 2 different dates. One was for the 30 and another for the 3rd but when i tried to put the new amount in WMR it didnt register so i used my old amount and it gave me the same meesage i been getn. So today i called back to make sure i had the right new amount the rep wudnt comfirm not deny the new amount But she did say that the last rep i talk to gave me internal info that i wasnt suppose to know. She said the dates where not garanteed. So i asked when will i know something or get an update and she said the 18th. Im not sure whats going on but im so fustrated. This is the worst tax season i have ever experienced. I faxed my foms back on the 1st of march and still nothing. Smh. There are ppl who faxed after my getn updates or movement!!!!ughhh

Ctex

@8962 saga
    What did the rep today tell you? I’m really hoping and thinking we will see an update this week.

8962 saga
    Participant

Spoke with a rep yesterday saying that I will have an update on the 30th no update as of today rep also said that DDD should post by the 3rd wasn’t for sure because of new amount called today and another rep said something totally different so confused so frustrated

Jessica W

UPDATE I DID RECEIVE MY MONEY THERE IS HOPE
    I FILED 1/30TH
    GOT LETTER 3/3
    SENT LETTER 3/4
    GOT A UPDATE SATURDAY FOR TODAY AND I GOT MY MONEY AT MIDNIGHT
    IT TOOK MY 3 WEEKS FROM WHEN I FAXED MY PAPER TO GET MY DDD AND IT USUALLY UPDATES ON SATURDAY FOR A LOT OF PPL
    SO HANG IN THERE AND CALL CALL CALL THEM IT’S ARE MONEY AND WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHECK ON IT!!!

Laura

I guess I’m going to try and call this week. Filed on Jan 24th and got letter 12c on Feb 22nd. Mailed all my paperwork in same day to Ogden, UT. Still nothing going on 5 weeks not sure which number on the back of my letter to call. 1-866-682-7451 ext 568 or 1-800-829-0922. Anyone else fax or mail to Utah and get a DD OR DDD?

Lavette

I called yesterday and was told “it is still processing but now being reviewed”. The lady told me it could take up to 6 weeks ( I am in week 3 now) but could be as early as next week.

**fingers crossed**

Lorenzo

Still waiting in MD.
    The last time I had to wait this long it was because the ordeal with the IRS new system not being ready.

To recap —

Filed back in Jan around the 20 or 22 (It’s been that long)
    Got the letter back in Feb on the 10th.
    Faxed everything requested Feb 16th.
    Was told the following week that my faxed was received.
    I’m on the 6th week and there still isn’t an update.
    It’s just Monday, so we’ll see what happens.
    Fighting hard not to give up, but wow – this is just down right lame.
    I am very happy to hear that people are stating to see DDD.

For those of us still waiting, I hope we get an update this week.

Ctex

Still no update on WMR… I would call the automated line but I know it’s not going to tell me any different. Congrats to those of you who got updates. As for the rest of us, I guess we will wait till next Saturday and see if we get ours! Keeping faith it will come soon! This has for sure taught me how to be patient and wait!

8962 saga
    Participant

I was able to order my transcripts last night but I did not update what number do you call to get an accurate update

DallasTxYall

@ ctex what is your update?

@ jessica w and all congrats on your ddd. My info showed that I owe after sending in my 8962. I know it was deducted from my refund, turbo tax shows that my refund amount was reduced and they said it was reduced by the actions of the IRS. Maybe they are processing 8962 errors for those that are due a refund first. I fax papers on 2/19, cant order transcripts, no movement at all.

Jessica W

UPDATE THIS MORNING IT’S COMING MARCH 30TH WAS ABLE TO ORDER TRANSCRIPTS LAST NIGHT WOKE UP CHECKED WMR GOT A DATE WITH MY NEW AMOUNT I KNEW IT WAS GOOD WHEN MY OLD AMOUNT DIDN’T WORK IT TOOK EXACTLY THREE WEEKS AFTER I FAXED IT IT SENT UP 180

afleck

Was just able to order transcripts yesterday DDD 3/30 this morning!!!

Nichelle

Final update, I know from a previous experience that when you check your refund status through the automated system it’s more accurate than where’s my refund. For example, I checked WMR and have no updated info on there but when I called and checked through the automated system, I was given a direct DDD and a new refund amount. This same thing happened to me last year, WMR didn’t update until a few weeks after I received my return.
    Anyways, I filed 2/7 and faxed forms in on 3/3 and got DDD of March 30th after calling and checking the status through the automated system. I’ve been following this thread since it was started so I hope everyone who’s still waiting gets some good info too

Ctex

DalTx

I am in texas as well… out west of Austin in a small town…. I have been able to order transcripts since 3 weeks ago when my tax topic came back the first time… the following Sunday my tax topic disappeared and has not cane back yet…. everything I call they give me the generic statement to wait 4 weeks from the day it was returned to processing. Before that when I first faxed and would call they would tell me to wait 4 weeks and I’d see an update…… but there is a lot of people they are “REVIEWING” and every one of those people had to call and get it released by a supervisor at the IRS cause it was being held for review for no reason….. for some people it is actually taking about 6 to 6 1/2 weeks to see an update for a DDD…. this is the worst tax season I have ever experienced and I am beyond pissed off at this point because I filed on 1/23/16… faxed my papers on 2/17/16….. called every Friday after faxing…. it was returned to processing on 3/10/16 and was adjusted at that time as well… I was able to order transcripts on 3/10/16….. since ordering my transcripts I called the following week and the lady said I’d be receiving a letter in the mail notifying me of the adjustment made which was 80 dollars more… still no progress and I’m calling Monday morning

Jessica W

Was able to order return transcripts today fingers crossed it updates this weekend with a refund date

Jessica W

I’m in mississippi and my fax went to Texas I faxed mine the 4th of march this is really disappointing to hear that Texas is so slow!!

DallasTXYall

@ Jessica W

I hope not either, Texas always seem to be really slow. I’m in my fourth week and nothing since I faxed my paperwork on 2/19/2016.

Jessica W

I faxed my stuff to Texas I hope mine doesn’t take long I’m on my third week

DallasTXYall

@ CTEX

Are you located in Texas? Our situations are similar. I’m still waiting for my refund and I faxed over my paperwork on 2/19 and I have been waiting ever since. I have called and all I get is they show a received code and I how to wait 4-6 weeks, its still processing. Then I had a rep tell me its shows I needed to re fax my paper work, so I did. I called back after re-faxing my papers and the second rep said she show no indication that I needed to re-fax papers and my return is in processing, I’m beyond pissed off. I will post my updates and let everyone know if and when I get my refund. Congrats LivLiv….

livLive

You guys would not believe this!!! i just got the text message from Netspend I GOT MY REFUND!!!!!!! There is hope, but check your cards. WMR still says processing and I was only able to order my transcripts today! And it went up by a whole 200!

Lavette

Do we need to order our transcripts in order to get the refund?

8962 saga
    Participant

I was also able to order both transcripts with my new address hopefully next week something happens good maybe a DDD

afleck

I’ve been following here for almost 2 months. Filed & accepted: 2/5
    Lost bars: 2/26
    Received 8962 notice: 2/29
    Faxed: 3/1
    Finally able to order transcripts today :)

cnizzle13

THANKS @livlive!!! I checked WMR this morning and nothing, but after seeing your post I called transcript line and TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!! Finally able to order both! My 2 month hell is coming to an end!!!!!

livLive

Anyone else able to order both transcripts today? I was finally able to with my new address…hopefully that means we’ll get a DDD tomorrow.

chris

i got the cp12 letter march 7 and still haven’t recieved mine, i called last week and the had the release codes wrong and she fixed it and said it would take about 3 weeks to get my refund

Ctex

I got the CP-12 letter today notifying me my tax return increased by $80. Has anyone else received this letter? I’m now curious as to how long it will take to receive my refund. I mean evidently they have completed processing it and everything is done so what’s the hold up? Im half tempted to call and be a smartass about it and tell them I received a letter notifying me that the IRS owes me an outstanding debt that needs to be resolved! Wonder what they would think about that shit?

Chelle

I’m not sure why, she said they were backed up. But I sure wish the paper work they mailed me would have said faxes instead of mail because it seems like it’s taking longer. It’s going on 5 weeks

Joshua
    Participant

My return was seized because IRS said I received an advance payment for Premium Tax Credit which I never did. Submitted the paperwork on 3/12/16 and I have absolutely no advancement on it. I submitted my return on 1/27/16 and here it is going on 2 months later and I was told by the IRS that I needed to be patient and due to a heavy workload and the fact my refund was going through a strict inspection (guess im being audited…last time I pay TT for their services), the lady told me to expect my refund between 4/23/16 – 5/7/16. And to not bother calling until 4/23/16 for further updates…I am gonna say this….BS BS BS BS. IF I owed them money, theyd be all over my backside and threatening me to get my money and yet I gotta sit back and smile and wave at them while they hold onto my money. And yeah they do get interest the longer they hold the money for.

Victoria

My refund went up $1000 and I got it just shy of 4 weeks from faxing( faxed 2/27, DD 3/22). My friend faxed the day after me. Refund went done $36. Still no movement.

Lavette

I faxed all my paperwork (form 8962, 1095A, tax paper, and letter) on March 10th. Today marked 2 weeks (or 10 days). I called and was told I was still being processed and will not have any new news until April 7th, which will be a total of 4 weeks waiting.

Jessica W

WHY WOULD YOU HAVE TO WAIT AN ADDITIONAL 45 DAYS IF YOUR MONEY GOES UP MINE IS SUPPOSE TO GO UP 180 MORE THAT’S STUPID!!

Chelle

Well I spoke with a very nice rep today at the Texas office. And because my amount went up $76 I have to wait an additional 45 days. Which means I won’t hear or see anything until April 30th. I guess I just have to sit back and be patient. This is so frustrating.

8962 saga
    Participant

Is anyone up here from New Jersey that fax in March and still hasn’t received a DDD

livLive

Just got off the phone with a rep. I called the number on my letter at the ext. She was really nice, and told me it is still in errors. They have my paperwork and she said it should be out of errors by next week. She said it updates in their system over the weekend and to call back after its been exactly 4 weeks from the date I sent my papers which is next friday. I am going to wait a little since she said it’s being worked on right now. She also said they will be updating some this weekend and mine could still be in that pile. Here’s to hoping????????

8962 saga
    Participant

Hey you guys so I finally broke down and called the number with the extension on my 12C letter and I was able to get some type of update although it wasn’t a DDD but it was some type of update I finally got to know that my Taxes is out of errors in is back in normal processing so there was movement and I must say the representative that I spoke to was one of the nicest reps I’ve ever came into contact with during this tax season. I don’t know if it’s just the women reps that are mean and nasty or what but the men are just awesome they are always looking to help in assist with whatever matters and questions you may have

amanda
    Participant

My aggravating tax timeline……

Filed/accepted 1/19
    Called IRS 2/12
    Found out I was resequenced to 2/1
    Called IRS 2/23
    Was told behind 2 weeks so wait
    Later on 2/23 I lost bars on WMR
    Called IRS 2/24
    Was told letter was mailed on 2/12 if not received by 2/26 to call
    Called IRS 2/26
    I hadn’t received letter yet and was told to suck it up and wait
    On 2/29 I received letter about 8962 and 1095A and it was actually dated 2/26 not 2/12 (strange but whatever its coming from the IRS)
    Faxed all info requested 3/1
    Called IRS on 3/8
    Was told not to call again that it’d be 6 weeks from date received and calling is a “waste of government resources”
    Called IRS on 3/15
    Was told it was back in processing to wait 2 weeks before I called again
    On 3/18 tax topic came back and said refund was received and being processed.
    Today I woke up to WMR showing refund was approved and DDD for today. Money was already in my Chase account.

I didn’t have a TA and went from nothing on WMR to oh we are depositing your money today.
    From the day I faxed papers until I got an update was 22 days. Mine was faxed to the Austin number. I hope everyone gets a long overdue update this week. It has truly been the worst tax season thus far for almost everyone. Hopefully now my migraines will stop and stress levels will lower a bit.

Jessica W

I faxed mine off to Austin TX and I’m going on my third week

prissy

@ctex I’m hoping you get some type of update this week. I’ll keep you updated to see if mine actually gets deposited tomorrow.

Ctex

Once you go back into processing they are going to tell you it takes 4 weeks from the day it is adjusted and returns to processing status. That is what they keep telling me and I believe it cause I still haven’t seen anything. It also has a lot to do with where you live and where you faxed your papers to. Different states are slower than others and Texas is being really slow. One lady on the forum had to wait 6 1/2 weeks for a ddd. Be patient and wait. It’ll come

Jessica W

I faxed my paperwork March 4th they received it the 10th

Chelle

@ Laura calling is a waste of time especially if you mailed your paperwork in.. @Ctex is right calling only gets your feels hurt or just pissed off. I’ve been caling two times a week and every time they tell me they are still waiting on my paper work.

Chelle

@ Laura I mailed my paper work in on Feb the 18 and they received it on the 20th of February.

Jessica W

I call the 1800 number and they always help me I gt a dumb one yesterday that couldn really tell me anything but everyone keeps saying 6 weeks

Ctex

I see that a lot of you are new to this forum. I have been here for a little over a month. I faxed my papers on February 17th and still yet to have a straight answer as to what is going on. Don’t waste your time calling, it’s just that, a waste of time. They never tell you anything new and it is taking forever for a lot of us to get updates. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks since I faxed. My last phone call to the IRS said I should have it by April 5th. I do wish all of you good luck and I’ll post an update if I ever get one

8962 saga
    Participant

This is a message to all filers that have not received their DDD. what number do I call to get a nice rep on the phone that will tell me something about my return? It has been 3 weeks today that I faxed back my forms and I still have not updated on the website nor the phone what do I do now I’m so confused and frustrated I’m afraid to call because I feel like it will continue to delay my processing if I continue to harass the IRS

Jessica W

SO Friday will make my 3 weeks I called and the rep seemed more confused then me great my refund was suppose to go up some and she said she still saw the old amount which is fine I jus want it but my tax topic came back Saturday and disappeared Sunday I have no idea why I hope that’s not a bad sign I want to call back Friday but I doubt that will help any since they can’t snap their fingers and send me my money!!

Laura
    Participant

@chelle when did you mail your paper work in? I mailed mine in on the 25th of Feb and want to call and make sure they got it but don’t want to deal with rude ppl. Just curious about when you mailed yours maybe I’ll get a letter saying they received to too or even better a DDD soon.

Melissa

@8962…It depends on what kind of rep you get no matter what number you called. Yesterday i called the number listed on this website with the 652 ext and got a really nice lady who told me everything that was on my acct while was on the phone with her. Other times i have calle dthe 1040 number and have gotten some helpful ppl and some that were just rude. They act like we are inturupting their day when it is their job to answer phones and answer any questions tax payers have. The rep i talked to yesterday said she was afraid to file her own taxes becuz of this stuff with the healthcare paperwork and she works for the irs. She also said that it didnt become law to have to have the paperwork till jan 1st. It has been a disaster and their is alot of ppl in this situation.

Melissa

There is hope. I faxed my info in without my letter. (Which I still have not received). The rep told me not to refax the paperwork in when i get the letter because the process can start all over again.

Melissa

@cnizzle, I also faxed min in on the first. I finally called yesterday and got a rep that was really nice she was able to tell me they revieved my paperwork and it is back in processing. When it goes back into processing its like starting all over again like when your taxes were first accepted. She told me i should have a dd next week to be patient. it looks like its taking about 3 weeks from the date you faxed to get an actual dd, For some ppl its been longer for some its been shorter. But me and you are in the same boat and we faxed on the same day. Keep me posted when you hear something and ill keep you posted when i hear something

cnizzle13

So I broke down and called today and found out that I am finally back in processing!!!!!! Right around the corner!!!!

Chelle

Has anyone mailed their paper work in and had trouble receiving any information? I was able to order my transcripts on the 11th of this mouth, and when I receive them in the mail all it had was Zero’s. And today I got a letter saying they received my paper work and they need 45 day to determine what will happen. In so confused and frustrated.

cnizzle13

@lavette I faxed mine on 3/1 and was told the EXACT same thing!! LOL Today marks my 3rd week and still nothing! I am half tempted to call again but I don’t want that to affect my processing time!!

Lavette

I faxed over all my forms around March 10th/11th. The guy told me they tell people it will take about 6-8 weeks, but it really should 2 weeks because this is happening a lot this year. This is my second week and I logged on to check the refund and nothing yet. When I called last week, they told me they have my information and they are processing it.

8962 saga
    Participant

Ive called all the numbers but to no suprise i continue to get the same damn answer. Wait 4 weeks. Ughhhh. Im tryna be patient but this is ridiculous

Melissa

What I really find discouraging is ppl who faxed their info in after mine and already have a dd.
    Lost bars 2/19 faxed paperwork 3/1 (without letter)
    the irs was suppose to have mailed a letter. Still never got it so I faxed my info without the letter. I know there has been a few ppl on her who have faxed their stuff in without a letter and their paperwork was still processed. it has been 3 weeks today and I still cant even order transcripts. Every time I call the irs they give me some bullshit about needing the letter and there is still no movement on my acct. The sent in a referral to re mail the letter 2 weeks ago and I still haven’t received that!! I am getting so frustrated

jessica s.

i have posted here before but i cant remember which name is used but today i review my irs info the DD is the 23 BUT it also list’s a date of 3/28 and it doesnt list it as the normal if you dont recieve your dd by the 28th it just says you should recieve by 3/28 and on the side of the page it has deposit date of 3/23 am totally confused this year by wording on this but i just got approved after 2 months of wait

nomoneysadgirl
    Participant

stop

Nichelle

@8962 saga

Are you calling the regular 1040 number or the extension that was on the letter. I always call the extension and the wait is always about 10 min and they’ve given me info every time I’ve called except for once. I’ve called about 4 times

Ctex

I to wish I knew why my tax topic keeps coming and going. My last update was that I should have my return by April 5th. I filed 1/23, faxed papers 2/17 and still nothing. Hoping this week we get an update.

8962 saga
    Participant

@nichelle i wish i could get any type of update. The ppl are so nasty im afraid to call back to check

Nichelle

Here’s an update,
    I filed and was accepted on 2/7. Called on 2/23 after there was no update to WMR and was told if receive letter. Got the letter and faxed forms on 3/3. On 3/14 they told me they had gotten my fax and that they were processing it. My tax topic came back a few days ago. I called today and was told I was done processing, there was an increase of $53 and that I should have my refund by 3/31

8962 saga
    Participant

@jessica w. I filed on the 27th of jan. Faxed my forms on the 1st of mar. I haven’t seen any changes. On th wmr app it shows the generic message and on the wedsite it shows my old refund and generic message. No tax topic I was told to wait 6weeks. Who really knows when we will receive anything. I also haven’t gotten my state back either and again nothing in the mail. Mayb next week

Jessica W

I’M SO CONFUSED CAN ANYONE HELP I faxed my stuff off March 4th called Thursday and was told they received the fax March 10th well Saturday my tax topic came back and refund disappeared well today my tax topic is gone and my old refund amount is back wtf I filed Jan 30th I’m so pissed why did my stuff appear then disappear?? Can someone help me!!

jessica

update this morning DDD of 3/23

prissy

Called IRS yesterday and finally got a DDD of 3/23 rep did say there was going v to be an adjustment. So if I do receive it on that date, that means the process took 6 1/2 weeks since I faxed. @ Ctex…call next week. That’s Bullcrap

livLive

Update: called irs this morning and spoke to a nice rep. He told me my paperwork was received. He said it’ll be 4 weeks from the date I faxed them to get my refund or correspondence. It’s already been 2 weeks, so I’m hoping for this week or next.

Filed & accepted: 2/4
    Faxed papers: 3/4

Jessyka

Update : called spoke with a very nice lady who told me i have went from 8962 error hold to quality review since it went up drastically after turning in all of my paperwork she said it should be released no later then april 6th BUT should be released 4/4 guess it’s better than nothing tho?

Jessyka

still no refund filed on 1/29/16 faxed paperwork 2/23 still have no update i have only been told the generic 6 week message *sigh* i have found out the tax advocate is a waste of time so i never fooled with one but at this point i have no clue what to do

Victoria

Filed and accepted 1/27
    letter 2/27, faxed same day
    update 3/18 with DDD of 3/22

Ctex

So the irs agent I spoke with said that they made adjustments to my refund on the 10th and that I should be receiving a letter next week letting me know that and that I should have my refund by April 5th. This is such bullshit. I’m sick of dealing with these people.

Ctex

@prissy I’m on the phone right now still waiting for someone to answer. This is by far, the most BS I’ve ever had with the IRS.

prissy

@jessye you haven’t gotten your refund? @ Ctex no update yet. OK 6 weeks is here so it’s time for me to call again.

Jessye

WMR is currently unavailable for me anyone else?

Ctex

Today made 4 weeks since I faxed and still nothing. Hopefully losing my Tax Topic, for the second time, means I will see an update Friday or Saturday morning! But, I’m calling tomorrow to see what is going on….. this is BS that they are doing to so many of us! I will post tomorrow after I call and get some info!

prissy

@Ctex yes let’s hope this is our week. Still no update on WMR.

Rach

So I have posted here once before, but unfortunately don’t recall the username I used, sorry. I wanted to share my update and timeline, since I know how frustrating this can be.

Filed 1/25.
    Accepted same day.
    Called on my 22nd day, 2/16. Was told a letter was being mailed to me.
    Received letter on 2/22.
    Faxed 2/24.
    Still could not order return transcripts yesterday 3/15.

Since then I have not called back and tried to be as patient as possible! I’ve never had to wait this long to get a refund. I’ve checked every single day since filing back in January. But, almost two months later, I finally got a DDD!!!

I checked this morning as usual, first with the old amount. I checked again with the new, and my return was accepted and have a DDD for 3/18.

Overall,
    It ended up taking about 3 weeks since I faxed.
    Good luck to you all.

Ctex

@prissy
    I’m glad you finally were able to find something out. We are on the exact same time line so I hope I see some progress this week as well…. if I don’t see any movement by tomorrow morning I’m calling them to find out exactly what is going on.

prissy

I called twice this morning. The second rep was so helpful he told me that I could be at peace my refund is coming this week. Adjustment was made and finalized. I talked calmly to both reps, but the last one went up and beyond. He took ownership of the issue…and he was going to get it straightened out. ..it was too long of a time to be stuck in processed. I prayed this morning and it seems like it was answered.

Filed 1/21 accepted same day
    Lost bars 2/5
    Received letter 2/15 faxed the same day
    2/26 was able to order return transcript
    3/1 Received return transcript but no refund date
    3/15 no DDD…..hopefully this week
    FYI a HOLD was placed on my refund on 2/26 when I ordered my return transcript….for a review. ..so becareful but a supervisor removed the hold saying there was no reason for it.

nikkipurplebeauty81

hello I filed 1/25
    faxed in 8962 on 2/26 was told the following Wednesday that my faxed had been received and was back in processing and to allow 4 weeks for processing from the date received I called the week after that on a Tuesday and was told the same thing I called 3/14 and was told that I was not back in processing and that my return was just sitting on someones desk waiting to be fixed to go back into processing and that it takes 6 weeks the Rep was very mean and was talking to me like I was stupid told me she didn’t know what to tell me and since the return was not right I just had to wait for it to go back threw the pipeline mind u I was auto enrolled so I didn’t even know that I had this market place insurance if I had I would have giving my tax lady my papers as of now I can’t order anything no updates no nothing now of course it has only been about 3 weeks since I faxed so the 4 weeks wouldn’t be that bad if that was the truth from the IRS so I don’t know who to believe the first 2 reps or the last one

Ephrcbom

I am beyond frustrated now. On 3/10/16 my tax topic 152 reappeared and year end date was present. My TT had been gone since 2/12/16. On 3/11/16 I could FINALLY order transcripts. Well, over the weekend my tax topic disappeared again so I called today and was told that my return was put BACK into processing on 3/10/2016 and now I have to WAIT 6-8 weeks for my refund. WTH!!! I thought when you could finally order transcripts that your refund was processed.

Joanna
    Participant

@naynay:you had a direct deposit for 3/16 and got it today????

Nichelle

@livlive

I faxed mines in March, here’s my timeline

Filed: 2/6
    Accepted: 2/7
    Called on 2/23 after no update on WMR was told I would receive a letter.
    Letter received: 3/2
    Forms faxed: 3/3
    Called today 3/14 and was told they had received my paperwork and it is still processing

Ephrcbom

@Ctex, that is what is happened to me this morning.

Ctex

I just checked my WMR and my tax topic is gone again but the old refund amount is now showing and it wasn’t before. The IRS is about as jacked up as a damn lab rat it seems like. Maybe we will see some updates sometime this week.

Viewing 200 replies - 1 through 200 (of 503 total)

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.