Form 8962 Letter from IRS

• Creator
    Topic

Melanie

Okay, I’ve just received the dreaded amend your return notice from the IRS. I have to fax the misssing form 8962 and other required papers and the notice says refunds will be issued 6 to 8 weeks after they receive it. I’ve been hearing different things all day–from 2 weeks to 16 weeks.

I’d like to hear anyone else’s experience with this and above all, the answer we all want–will this delay the refund? It’s hard to figure out if the delay is for the entire refund or only the new, extra amount they now owe me after completing the missing form.

Thanks and I want to stress that I will be back here posting my own results as soon as anything changes because I know how frustrating this is for all of us in the same boat.

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 503 total)
  • Author
    Replies

DannyDark

I GOT MY DD!! 4/20 (lol)

So this has been by far the longest process ever to get my refund. But I think it has finally come to an end. So here is my timeline in hopes it will help others with their journey.
    Filed 2/11
    Accepted 2/12
    Received Letter 3/1
    Faxed Documents 4/1 (was on vacation)
    Received DD 4/16

So heres what I have learned, Fax your documents don’t mail, I wouldn’t request transcripts either, Ive talked to many people who are requesting transcripts and their
    accounts were put into review, because the transcript request triggered it. So I would advise in not requesting it. And when you fax in your documents, wait 1 week and then call them and when they ask how long has it been since you faxed them, lie, and say like 4 or 5 weeks. That will help your story and then they will check. But all and all, it took 16 days from when I faxed my documents, to when they processed it and got my DD. So I will update everyone on 4/20 if the direct deposit came in. Thank to everyone who has helped and guided me. I hope everyone gets their money soon!

DannyDark

I GOT MY DD!! 4/20 (lol)

So this has been by far the longest process ever to get my refund. But I think it has finally come to an end. So here is my timeline in hopes it will help others with their journey.
    Filed 2/11
    Accepted 2/12
    Received Letter 3/1
    Faxed Documents 4/1 (was on vacation)
    Received DD 4/16

So heres what I have learned, Fax your documents don’t mail, I wouldn’t request transcripts either, Ive talked to many people who are requesting transcripts and their
    accounts were put into review, because the transcript request triggered it. So I would advise in not requesting it. And when you fax in your documents, wait 1 week and then call them and when they ask how long has it been since you faxed them, lie, and say like 4 or 5 weeks. That will help your story and then they will check. But all and all, it took 16 days from when I faxed my documents, to when they processed it and got my DD. So I will update everyone on 4/20 if the direct deposit came in. Thank to everyone who has helped and guided me. I hope everyone gets their money soon!

Leelee
    @leelee251

I am new here.
    I filed Feb. 9th
    Called March 9th and was told that a letter was mailed to me on March 1st.
    Received my letter on March 12th.
    Faxed documents and letter on March 14th.
    Called March 21st to see if my fax was received and it was. I was told that it will take about 4 to 6 weeks for processing.
    My documents were faxed to the office in Utah.
    I wonder how fast or slow the office in Utah is???

rbk428

I feel like chiming in since I’ve been checking on this thread for awhile now! Here is my situation:
    Filed on 2/13
    Accepted on 2/13
    21 days went by so I started looking into the problem and learned that I was going to be receiving the dreaded letter regarding the missing Obamacare info. I had that damn insurance for two whole months in 2015 and then got a new job and insurance with it, but those two months of Obamacare screwed me over! Agh! Anyway…
    Received the dreaded letter on 3/7
    Faxed the necessary documents on 3/8
    Called on 3/23 (was on hold for 32 minutes and the second I stepped in to the bathroom to pee, they freaking picked up that call) and spoke to someone who was very nice and informed me that, yes, my information was received and was “processing.” Basically I was told I would hear “something” by 4/5 and to call back after that if there is no update. All that has changed on WMR is that the “tax topic” link has reappeared and the original refund amount as disappeared. I know my refund went down a bit, so that does not alarm me. Now I continue to wait with all of you! SUPER FUN!!

DannyDarco

I FINALLY HAVE A REFUND DATE!!! 4/20 (the irony in that)

This by far has been the longest process ever, in getting my refund, But its finally coming to an end, I hope. So here is my time line and I hope my experience will help others.
    Filed 2-11
    Accepted 2-12
    8962 Letter arrived 3-1
    Couldn’t get my docs and faxed until 4-1
    Called 4-14 and was told my file was put into processing that very day
    Woke up to DD on 4-16
    I think its really just a waiting game once you file your docs.
    From my experience, don’t mail, FAX your docs, wait 1 week and call, the number you
    have on the letter with the 3 digit ext number. If they ask you how long has it been since you faxed the documents. LIE!! Tell them 4 weeks/5 weeks even if its been 1 week.
    If you say anything less than 4 weeks they will sometimes not even try looking up your info. But After 2 weeks of faxing my docs in, I was back into processing and now on the 16th day, Im getting my DD on 4-20. Now lets see if that DD is accurate. Ill keep everyone posted, But THERE is a light at the end of the tunnel. This forum has given me hope, insight and a place to release steam. I hope my journey has helped others, and that we all get our returns soon. Good Luck everyone! Ill update you on the 20th is I get my refund or not.

Leelee251

Filed & Accepted Feb. 9th
    Called on March 9th and was told that a letter was mailed out to me on March 1st. Called back and asked what was needed (1040 & 8962) and where to send it, the gentleman gave me the mailing address. He also told me that processing takes about 6-9 weeks.
    Received my letter in the mail in March 12th which contained a different mailing address.
    Called March 14 to inform the rep that I was given a different mailing address than what was on the letter. The woman told me to only use the information on the letter because there are different buildings that handle different IRS issues. She also told me that faxing my documents would be quicker.
    Faxed my letter, forms 1040, 1095A, and 8962on March 15th.
    Called yesterday and was told that they have received my fax and it may take 4 weeks to process.
    This tax year is driving me crazy!

Buddy

Hi everyone, I’ve been following this thread for awhile myself and I just wanted to give you guys my story on this and how it went for me.

Filed – Jan 20
    Received Letter 12c – Feb. 25
    Faxed Letter and all documents – Feb. 29

Since faxing info in, I have only called the IRS once, which was about a week ago. IRS agent told me they have received my fax info and it will be processed. He gave me the usual 4 week timeline. I did not order return transcripts or asked for any other info. I just took it as it is and decided to wait for the 4 week timeline.

I’ve been checking WMR everyday and as of 3/15 at 10:23 P.M. I have the TT 152 and no DDD or refund amount.

Here is the cool thing, while reading through a lot of the older posts and browsing the web, I decided to check WMR again. The time is now 3/16 12:52 A.M., I get the error message, “you may have entered your information incorrectly, please verify….” Hmmm, Okay. So I decide to put in my NEW amount after filling out 8962 (I was suppose to receive more btw)…..and WHAT DO YOU KNOW!?!! I have a DDD of 3/18 ! ! ! Two bars and my refund is approved.

Finally this whole ordeal is coming to an end. I’m just hoping WMR stays like that and don’t disappear within the next few days lol (knock on wood).

My experience and advice to those who are still waiting, stay patient it’s gonna come. I think depending on where you fax, how you faxed your info, or if your missing info when you faxed in; it’s gonna take some time. Hang in there guys!

8962 saga
    @naboo1980

Has anyone who faxed their paperwork for march 1st received a DD yet I fax my paperwork on the 1st of March and I still have not had an update I’m so fucking frustrated

Myesha Thach

Creative writing – Apropos , you need to fill out a IRS 8962 , my wife filled out a blank version here http://goo.gl/N3SL2t

Lavette

@DallasTxYall Thank you. I got a TA last week so hopefully things move faster. When I last spoke to her, she told me the IRS have my papers, they are just sitting there not being worked on. She told me to re-fax everything to her (which I did), so hopefully soon, I will have progress

DallasTxYall

Hi Lavatte,

Im sorry you are still waiting. The whole process took me 8 weeks. I got a TA and 10 days later I had a ddd. I fax on 2/18 and again late march and april got a TA and then ddd following that. Really the whole process can take from 2-8 weeks. Try and get a TA and see if that will speed things alone. Good Luck.

Lavette

Well if it is any help and anyone still reading this, I am still waiting. With no DDD as of yet

Bradley

well, As my journey this tax season comes to an end I feel I must update this thread one more time. I don’t know how many people will read this because I’m pretty sure mine was the last to come out of corrections lol.

MY timeline:

filed 1/20
    accepted 1/22
    letter received 2/10
    faxed 2/11
    again on 3/1
    again on 4/7
    able to order transcripts 4/22
    DDD on 4/23 of 4/27
    on this the eve of finally receiving the money my family has desperately been needing since October. I feel sort of like a tax return marine. first man in last man out! God Bless all of you and may your 2017 tax season be a breeze!!

DallasTxYall

@ ctex Congrats, sooo happy for you.

@ everyone else hope the wait is over for yall as well.

Ctex

I woke up because my daughter started crying and checked WMR….I finally got an update! Suppose to have my deposit on 4/27. The wait is finally over!

Ctex

Praying for an update in the morning! Lord please let us see an update to receive our tax refund, Amen.

Lavette

Nothing has changed. I am hoping tomorrow something will happen. I contacted the TA and I do have a case. They told me, if I don’t have any changes by Tuesday to call them back and they will dig deeper. This is the longest and worst tax season

DallasTxYall

@ dannydark my ddd was for 4/20 and my ddd posted to my bank on 4/20.

@ lavette Once I got a TA, I got a ddd 10 days later. All in all took 7-8 weeks. Good Luck All.

Lavette

I called yesterday and the rep told me to wait till the end of week and if nothing happens by Monday to call again, because the maximum amount is six weeks. I checked both WMR and my bank account thinking I would be apart of the people getting theirs today and nothing has changed. I am so frustrated with everything. I will be calling for a tax adviser because this is way to long to be waiting.

DannyDark

So for those of you who had DD of 4-20, have any of you got it early?

Ctex

@DallasTxYall that’s awesome. Gives me hope I’ll still receive mine by direct deposit when they send my refund.

DallasTxYall

@ ctex WMR is showing direct deposit to my bank for 4/20. I had to update my address as well. I listed my new address and my address was updated and it shows Im still receiving direct deposit.

Ctex

@DallasTxYall

Are you still receiving it by direct deposit or are they going to issue a check? I know a lot of people who are receiving checks instead of direct deposit due to the change of their refund amount.

DallasTxYall

@ lavate WMR did not change until 4/16 on saturday morning and it didnt change until I was able to put in my new calculated amount. I was able to order transcripts Friday and WMR updated Saturday morning. Im praying for an update this week for all.

Lavette

@DallasTxYall & @ctex,

Was your WMR status changed or was there a pending deposit on your bank account? I checked WMR and I can still put in my old amount and get the “still processing, date will be available” saying. Any other amount, doesn’t work.

I wish the young lady I talked to on Friday, was able to release my funds.

Keep us updated!

Ctex

@DallasTxYall

I will most certainly let everyone know when I get an update. Hell, speaking to such a nice person, who was willing to do their job right, made me just as happy as her releasing it. All the other reps I talked to would look at my account and tell me to wait 3-4, 4-6 or 6-9 weeks. My advice, if you’re still waiting for an update, call until you get someone nice and/or ask to speak with a supervisor. The way the lady was talking, she basically said that the person working my account forgot about it. Call until you get answers, they can look at everything on your account and tell you whats going on so don’t let them tell you otherwise. Most of the Reps are just TOO DAMN LAZY to do their job right. Don’t give up

DallasTxYall

@ ctex

Im glad she was able to release your refund and at least she was honest and told you what you needed to know. I pray an for an update fir you this week. As its been too long. Keep us updated and let me know if you have questions are need help.

Ctex

Like I said I was going to do, I called the IRS this morning. I was able to get a very nice lady who researched everything possible for 45 minutes. Finally she said that she was releasing my refund because there was no reason for it to still be sitting there. The lady also stated that it should have been released on March 28th when they took the freeze off of my account. So now, hopefully, I will see an update very soon

Lavette

I called IRS back Friday afternoon, and the lady told me she see no indications that a letter was sent so that means a DD will be coming. I have to wait till the 21 and somewhere around that time I will see something. That will be within my 6 weeks. She said 6 weeks is/should be the max time.

Strawberry

Here is an update to my situation
    IRS was supposed to send letter twice on the 4th and again on the 18th, I received neither, called back again and spoke to a nice young lady that told me what to do and where to fax
    04/06. Faxed paperwork
    04/16. Was given a DDD for 04/20/16
    GOOD LUCK

DallasTxYall

@ ctex call the IRS and request a Tax Advocate you must tell them you have an issues such as medical problems and expenses late rent etc. My TA called IRS and 10 days later I got DDD.

Ctex

@Melee

You say be patient…. well…. it’s kind of hard to be PATIENT when I filed my taxes on 1/23 and faxed papers 2/17. The IRS is pulling a bunch of bullshit. Thanks to our worthless president we have, he has created this mess of chaos with his ObamaCare horseshit. You can bet your ass the IRS will get an ear full from me come Monday morning

DallasTxYall

I got a ddd this morning of 4/20 going to my bank.

2/19 fax 8962

3/25 fax docs again

4/6 called for a tax advocate as no movement at all.

4/6 TA reached out to IRS

4/15 was able to order transcripts by phone only.

4/16 could not put in old refund amount tried new refund amount that work and I had a ddd for 4/20.

@ ctex called for a TA when I did that 10 days later I had a ddd. They know this is shameful.

Melee

Just be patient, your refund is coming!

Heres my timeline:

02/03/16 Original Filing date
    03/01/16 I Called IRS was told by a nice lady what the issue was, how to fill out the forms and submit them once i got my letter.
    3/11/16 Received letter
    3/14/16 Sent fax
    4/5/16 called IRS & was told i would get refund or letter in 4 weeks or less
    4/17/16 my direct deposit is pending

Also I should note that WMR had not updated my information as of 4/16/16, and suddenly my bank account shows my pending deposit? Kinda kooky, but I am happy its there.

Ctex

Still no update this week. Guess I’m gonna have to be an asshole about things come Monday morning. Praying for the rest of you that are having this problem as well

DallasTxYall

Update: This morning I was able to order both transcripts using my new address. I was only able to order my transcripts by phone. WMR is stil saying refund date provided when available. Im in Texas FYI. My refund was to be reduce by $108.

Return accepted on 1/19.

Fax 8962 on 2/19 and again mid March.

4/15 able to order both transcripts, no change on WMR as of yet.

This is the craziest and longest wait ever. Shame. I will update any new info right away.

Elaine

So here’s my timeline on the tax drama ..
    Filed my taxes on February 11th.
    waited the required 21 (22?) days after it was received to call IRS and find out what was going on. They told me I should have gotten a letter. ( I did not) – turns out they had the wrong city listed for me (? seriously ?) and so he said, wait a couple weeks for the letter.

Waited. No letter.

March 18 – Called again. Said I have gotten no letters. The lady was nice and told me that I needed to fax in the 1095, the 8962 and 2nd page of the 1040 (redone). So I did it.

Called March 30 – said to give it four weeks. Still says tax is being processed on my WMR app.

April 14 – today. 5 weeks since the fax. I can’t get through a real person on the tax line now, and WMR says still processing.

THIS IS TOTAL BS. UGh. >:(

Lavette

@ctex I never even received the CP12 letter. I am assuming that is the letter the representative was referring to last time I called. It is literally a waiting game like every has said. I will be calling next week if nothing changes. This is the worst tax season ever.

Jenni

My taxes were filed electronically 2/14/16. Didn’t get a letter about the missing 8962 form until 3/18/2016. My account had to re-do everything and I faxed on 3/28/16. I faxed it twice just to be sure and got a fax confirmation that it went through. I wanted to find a way to even check if it was received. I’m pictured a large desk with a fax machine and piles and piles of paperwork to be sifted through at some point in time. Very frustrating to not know anything. All of this was for a 22.00 decrease in my tax refund. SERIOUSLY? Now the waiting game begins. Don’t know if it’s been received and if it has been, what month I’ll actually receive my money. So ridiculous.

Ctex

@Levee I have called every week except last week. I did receive a notice CP-12 notifying me of a math error that the IRS had to correct. After I received the letter the lady said to wait 3-4 weeks from the 21st. So we shall see

Lavette

@Ctex when I spoke to someone during my fourth week waiting (this Thursday will be my fifth week), she told me I should either be expecting the direct deposit or a letter in the mail. If not, to call back on the sixth week. Have you received any notices?

Ctex

This week will be my 8th week of waiting. The only thing new I found out was the freeze was lifted off my account on 3/28. So now I’m praying to see an update this week

Erika Herrera

Its been about 4 weeks since I faxed over my 8962 for and no update I don’t know what to do.

Lavette

@8962 saga, Congratulations!!!!

8962 saga
    @naboo1980

The wait is over you guys the wait is over my check came in the mail today thank you Lord thank you Jesus and please do not let this happen next year!! Good luck to everyone else hope you all got your checks today or got your DDDs because we all need our money

Timeline: filed January 28th 2016
    Letter sent: February 26th 2016
    Forms faxed: March 1st 2016
    DDD Date: April 8th 2016
    Check received by mail: April 11th 2016

I hope this helps you guys with a timeline hopefully this can answer a lot of your questions without the concern of the IRS because they are a bunch of crap

Lorenzo

@Ctex – I don’t blame you. I didn’t bother calling cause at the 8 week mark, I was done. Had I not saw an update I would have been on the phone.

@DallasTxYall – I really think they’re pushing to 8wks on purpose. I submitted on the 16 of Feb. Prior to an update I spoke to a rep who in so many words said to wait till the 13th.

Kathy
    @kats

I had this letter / form and many others that I had to send in. My TA told me on Friday that my refund day was set for 4/13. I just checked the WMR and it says the same so I think maybe it is actually true!
    Good Luck to everyone else going through this same thing!
    K

Lavette

Still no update for me neither. It still says processing and refund date will be available soon. This is ridiculous.

Chelle

Finally got an update on Friday. A rep told me I would get my refund on 4/13/16 I really didn’t believe him, but I just checked WMR and I will be receiving my money on the 13th. I’m praying everyone gets an update this week. This definitely Had been a rough tax year for all of us. My paperwork set in the wrong Department For 5 weeks and it took me 7 weeks to get a refund date.. Good luck to you all.

Ctex

Still no update for me either. You can bet I’m calling Monday and not getting off the phone till they tell me what the hell is going on and why they don’t have their shit together. This is just down right ridiculous

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 503 total)

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.