For anyone who had to ID verify PLEASE READ

• Creator
    Topic

Dom

I had to id verify today and the lady was really really nice. She told me after I verified that I past the verification and she was removing the hold on my refund and that it can take up to 9 weeks for me to get a refund or letter. I asked her does this mean I am back in processing she said yes. Anyone who has id verified were you told the same info? I dont know what to believe anymore when it comes to the IRS. To top it off the lady told me this is what I am supposed to tell you..so she was going with the script the IRS tells her to say….smh. 9 weeks is a long time.

Viewing 12 replies - 201 through 212 (of 212 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jamie

I filed 1/13
    Was accepted 1/14
    Bar went away and no tax topic 1/31, has stayed that way since.
    I called 2/2 and had to do the identity verification.
    The lady also told me I was being put back in que, to continue processing. Now I should’ve already got my refund had I not been id verified..and it’s been a week since verification. I keep checking to see if I can get a return transcript..nothing changing. I’m curious if anyone else that has been if verified has got a DDD yet? I mean, if I was put back into the processing, shouldn’t I have at least a DDD a week later?

LJ

@ Dom
    I hear u there…100%! Waiting for a letter we’re never getting lol. Its like nobody knows what’s going on so they’re telling us whatever at this point so they can give themselves two more months to do things.

LJ

@ Dom
    I hear u there…100%! Waiting for a letter we’re never getting lol. Its like nobody knows what’s going on so they’re telling us whatever at this point so they can give themselves two more months to do things.

Dom

@archer No I did not I had 152 but called bc it was my 21 day. Glad I called!

Dom

@Lj the first IRS rep I spoke to today told me I was under review bc they had to verify my info such as income and all but I didnt have to do anything all I had to do was wait 60 days!! Iwas like oh hell no so I called the Identity theft line by mistake and they gave me the ID verify line and that is when the lady told me ok lets do it. I cannot stress enough how polite she was and when we finished she said well what counts is that you passed so your good to go. I was relieved!! imagine if I waited for some dumb letter….lol never again am I filing early.

LJ

@ Dom

Yes she did tell me that…I really hope for all of us it’s not 9 weeks. I didn’t even have a code. I found out bc today was my 21 days and I called to c wth was going on. First lady I talked to on the verification line told me I had to wait till tomorrow so I called back and the second lady did the id verification for me. They’re a joke

NeoG

Never got a code but still had to verify and the hold was cleared off 2/4. The IRS agent I talked to today said it was just a security measure so I asked if nothing was wrong my account why do I have to even wait up to 9 wks. Like the person told u thats what they have to say and they know we want our money but we just have to wait.

The whole 9 wk thing is to basically prevent previous yrs of ppl waiting all year for a refund check. He said initially the thing was ppl had to wait 180 days minimum before. Depends on if you had a Schedule C as well.

This was the Taxpayer Protection hotline where I got that response but the initial IRS rep I spoke with said my funds should have been released! He told me next yr I shouldnt have this problem.

This is such a horrible experience. I just want my money ?

Archer
    Participant

Did you have the 9001 code?

Dom

@MsBlue Yea the lady put me on hold and told me she was taking the hold off my refund and noting that I passed the verification…What is bad is the fact that they leave you in the dark until you get someone who wants to help you.

MsBlue

I called again this morning and I was told that I was cleared and put back in line. My up to 9 weeks started from the day I was cleared which was 2/4 not when I filed 1/21. All he would tell me is that it can take up to 9 weeks and that whoever got flag with the 9001 code it’s going to be flagged for the next 3 years. Everyone who got the 9001 code was flagged 1/30 for identity theft or any other issue with their/family members identity. I really hope it doesn’t take 9 weeks. Some of us already got their money.

Dom

@Lj I know the lady was super sweet you can tell she was being patient she even was cracking jokes with me and very polite. Did she tell you that your account was taken off hold?

LJ

@ Dom

Same thing for me…Id verified and she told me 9 weeks. I said is that usually how long it takes…she said that’s the general answer she has to give people so they don’t keep calling. Said ppl were calling all day to verify identity… Smh this is ridiculous already

Viewing 12 replies - 201 through 212 (of 212 total)

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.