Filed/Accepted 1/29, cycle 0505, code 570, wmr bars gone, etc

Home Forums General Discussion 2015 Tax Season Filed/Accepted 1/29, cycle 0505, code 570, wmr bars gone, etc

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Topic Starter
    Anonymous

I’m going to post my situation just in case anyone else is going thru similar. I have never had tax refund issues before now and this year I have scoured the net looking for answers. The best help I have found is Bart D, who has a topic on this forum, but even then as helpful as he is, not everything means the same thing for everybody.

– I filed 1/29 and was accepted a hour or so later.
      – WMR never updated. Had one bar for 3 weeks and the tax topic about direct deposits.
      – The second week (i think), three out of four of my transcripts were available (wages and income was the one i can’t see, but apparently that one can take some time to post.)
      – Everything seemed fine on the transcripts, even had a cycle 20150505. However, lower down I saw tax code 570 saying something about “additional account action”.
      – After asking Bart, I figured out the 570 is a freeze code. It could be there for a number of reasons including offset, income verification, identity thief, etc…
      – I continued to wait, but to no avail.
      – About 18-19 days after my return was accepted…..may WMR bars disappeared and up popped the message “You return is still processing. A refund date will be provided when available.”
      – Still no changes on the transcripts and nothing about notices being sent.
      – Finally on the 21st day I called the IRS. Only to find out that TurboTax filed a Injured Spouse form (a form to keep them from taking a persons refund to pay a spouse’s debt, however it can take up to 12 weeks to receive). I had initially filed out the form, but after researching and finding out that an offset was not going to occur, I canceled the form and removed the information. Somehow, TT filed it anyway.
      – The lady I spoke to at the IRS was very nice. I asked if there was anyway to remove the IS form from my return since it was not meant to be filed. I’m guessing she looked into it for a while due to how long I was on hold, but did come back and say that she wasnt able to remove it, however she was able to put notes on my account about the mess up and said that when it gets assigned to someone for the IS part they shouldn’t have to review it and just go ahead and release the refund. She also told me to call back in a week to check on it.

Well, I dont know how long it will take to assign to someone, hopefully I wont have to wait the 11-12 weeks. It is nice to know what happened tho and that my refund is still coming. Just wish it would happen soon.

I just wanted to post this to recommend if anyone started to file IS and changed their minds, may want to go back and look at their return to make sure it wasn’t filed anyway.

• The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.