Filed 2/8; Accepted 2/8

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Filed 2/8; Accepted 2/8

• This topic has 16 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by mike.
  • Topic Starter
    Dollskin

Filed with Turbo Tax. EIC and dependent credit but no ACTC because my dependent turned 17 “before December 31, 2017”. This is a quote of a much longer explanation from TT. Still a good chunk of change though.

FILED 2.8.18 Accepted 2.8.18
      TT
      EIC
      ONE BAR, TT 152
      Last year got my deposit 20 days after accepted. On a Wednesday.

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        mike

filled 2/8/18 accepted 2/8/18 just one bar with 152 crap anyone waiting with 2/8/18 accepted got there DD yet ..I hoping on 23rd from what I read

Quinn

@Dollskin – I’m so happy you got your refund!

Dollskin
              @dollskin

Hey everyone,

At 3:39pm my direct deposit hit my bank account. I have not been checking WMR at all today, so this was unexpected. WMR is still on one bar for me, anyway, even now. I was also unable to view transcripts online or order them with my new address since being accepted on 2/8.

Wooohooo!

Keep your heads up everyone who hasn’t gotten it yet. If I got mine then there is loads of hope for you guys!!

Still waiting

Mine was accepted on 2/6 and I’m still on bar one am I the only one?? It seems to be stalled this year. I have EIT but should it still take this long

Quinn

@Dollskin, no worries 😉, I hope you get yours soon too

Dollskin

Yeah sorry I forgot. Well congrats!

Quinn

Yes, I listed them below

Dollskin
                        @dollskin

@Quinn did you have any credits?

Quinn

I now have my refund date of February 16th, and on my 2nd bar this morning. Hang in there everyone it’s coming.

Dollskin
                            @dollskin

Anyone with credits that filed on this date see any updates?

Dollskin
                              @dollskin

@April – If you kept your NetSpend card you can use it as your regular debit card. I have had a Netspend account for almost 10 years now. All you do is enter your routing and account info onto Turbo Tax when it prompts you. Grocery stores carry NetSpend cards or you can just go to the NetSpend website and order one.

April

Last year, we had it in the bank before WMR updated. It went to Netspend as well. I like Netspend, wish that they had used them this year as well. Or well Turbo Tax is what I meant. I wish TT had used Netspend this year. This year they have the Turbo card. I filed 2/3 and was accepted 2/3

Dollskin
                                  @dollskin

Thanks for responding, Quinn.
                                  I was beginning to feel very alone. I filed late this year so I am full of anxiety waiting for this refund. I was just lazy this year. Fingers crossed!! This is the first year I got the CTC and not the ACTC. I never knew that 17 would cap out the age for dependants, I figured it was 18.

Quinn

FILED 2.8.18 Accepted 2.8.18
                                    HR Block software
                                    NO EIC, 1 regular Child Tax Credit, not the extra one, College Tuition credits
                                    ONE BAR, TT 152

Last year I received my refund before my bars updated. Hoping that happens again this year.

Dollskin
                                      @dollskin

Wanted to add that last year, I had fees taken out so my return went to Santa Barbara before hitting my account.

Dollskin
                                        @dollskin

Nobody else filed 2/8? I am alone in this one, huh?
                                        I expect to receive my refund on the 21st this year. Last year, I rec’vd on Wednesday the 22nd at 3 pm to my Netspend card. I even receive my paychecks early on Netspend. (by the way, when people say “Turbo Tax card”, I would like to believe they mean Netspend card}
                                        Well… every year my direct deposit comes before WMR even updates to 3 bars. I don’t rely too much on that but of course, I check it religiously, just like this forum. Hoping everyone is having a great day!

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                    • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.