Direct Deposit Returned to IRS

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Direct Deposit Returned to IRS

• This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by Melissa Rodriguez.
  • Topic Starter
    JoAnna

Being the idiot that I am I failed to double check my return and found out today I put in an extra number on my account routing information. I spoke to the bank that said the funds would be returned to the IRS within 3 business days and that they’d cut a check and mail it to me and I should see it in a week or so. When I spoke to the lady at the IRS she told me it takes 3 weeks for the money to get returned and not to expect a check for 5 weeks. I know people get many different answers to the same question with the IRS so I just wanted to know who I should believe. Do you guys have any experience with this type of situation? And if so what time frame do you suspect I’ll see my money?

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Melissa Rodriguez

I too put the wrong account I added an extra digit at the end. When will I find out it was rejected and returned to the irs. I had a DD to netspend and the only they can tell me is they can’t see anything. Someone please help..

DownSouth

Happened to me last year. It took about 10 days from my DD to get the check. The year before last I needed to verify my identity. That check came in 5 days. Go figure.

Clyde Smith

This happened to us last year, and it took about 5 business days for us to get the check. I was freaking out because we were out of state on vacation. I know it was a fast turn around becausecwe were only on vacation for a week, and during that time the deposit rejected, ee tslked to IRS, they cut the check and mailed it and my friend got it for me from my house and deposited it to my back….several days before we returned home. So, like I said, 5 business days or so, nothing crazy :)

Ten1seven

I don’t believe she told me that, I can ask her at work tonight.

Theresa nj

Just happened to my boyfriend I hope it doesn’t take long to get his check . was rejected this morning routing number was wrong.

JoAnna

Do you know how long after her refund was rejected that it changed on WMR? My WMR still says it’s going to deposit today which obviously isn’t the case.

Ten1seven

A co-worker of mine had her return rejected on 2/17 and on wmr it says her check will be mailed by 2/27, which is basically on 2/27. Ten days, not too bad I guess…

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.