DDD REJECTED BY BANK

• Creator
    Topic

Imh

Filed 1/31 accepted same day
    Ordered transcripts 2/4 checked wmr this morning 2/5 status bar approved but check being mailed by 2/11 because my deposit was returned by my bank. Called my bank and ach dept stated dd never rejected of received (nothing pending). Has this happened to anyone else.

The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Brianda Moore

FINALLY! After 12 very long weeks my tax transcripts have update! My check was mailed last friday! Should be here today! Man. I don’t think I’m going to be having my refunds direct deposited anymore! I think I will just wait the extra few weeks for a paper check! Good luck to everyone!!

Brianda Moore

@drew

So pretty much, after lots of research and talking to the IRS I’m pretty sure i have this whole situation down. When you got the notice in the mail and were given a 8-10 week time frame that was specifically for the reviewing department to determine that it wasn’t a fraud atempt on your account and for them to release your funds. They have 8-10 weeks to review your account and release your funds. If it goes past the 10 weeks then the IRS can send a referral to the reviewing department on your behalf basically telling them to hurry up. So unfortunately for you they have 30 days now to decide what they are going do. If they release your money it will be 4-6 to recieve your check after that.

drew

So I called the IRS this morning and spoke to a rep about my cp53a notice dated 3/2/15. He told me the bank sent it back cause my name wasn’t on the account blah blah blah. He put me on hold and wrote something up to send to the department that was “researching” my account and told me they have 30 days to respond and if I haven’t heard anything to call back after 30 days have gone by. Has anyone else gone through this scenario and have any info as to what I should expect to happen?

Brianda Moore

@gtiffany92

I’m inthe exact same boat. But the 8-10 weeks doesn’t start until the date on the notice you received not the date you got it in the mail. My notice had a date of March 2nd on it. Called the IRS on the 11th, which is when the 10 weeks was up, lady told me my money was released and it would take 4-6 weeks to issue the check. She said it was done by the computer so it could be sooner. I haven’t had any updates at all on WMR or tax transcript yet.

Anonymous

Has anyone had this problem I filed Jan 23 was suppose to have my refund Feb. 4 got letter Feb. 23 saying I have wait 8-10 weeks my ten weeks was up May 4 I called IRS April 29 they sad my refund was put on hold they released it that day I called back May 15 was told again it had been put on hold again and it was just released May 12 and I have to wait 4-6 weeks

linzmama76

Filed electronically and accepted 2/17. Bank rejected and sent back 2/23 Due to husband nor being on my account and it was a joint refund. Got tax advocate, who said May 11 that my “case was closed out successfully, that irs was done checking it and check should be mailed no later than May 23. Today is may 17, and I feel doubtful now I will get it, since my tax transcript now says June 1!!! Can anyone relate or explain this???

Johna

My dd was rejected by be bank due to name on account on jan 30th. It’s now may 17th and no check and no end in site! I’ve talked to the its about once a week if not more! I already I’d verifies myself and every time I talk to an agent they give me a new timeline last one said another 30 days on the 14. Anyone have any suggestions or help?

Angie

I’m still waiting now I have a code of 290?!?

Brianda More

Any updates yet? Anyone else still waiting? Monday was the 10 week deadline for my March 2nd notice. Called the IRS yesterday. Lady told me they just released my money the day before and it would take 3-4 weeks to issue me a check. Why do they give a 8-10 week deadline then dont do anything for you when the deadline passes? Really frustrating….

jenny

@mgm6

Thanks for the update I’m sorry to hear that, I have a feeling it’s going to be something like that on my end also but I haven’t had a chance to get through to them, I just don’t understand why they don’t tell us that sort of thing sooner! Good grief… I hope it goes quicker than expected for you, please continue to keep me posted I will too:)

MGM6

@jenny
    I finally got through last night. I did have one thing that was entered incorrectly. The rep tried to fix it for me but it wouldn’t let her. She noted I would be sending in my amended return. She did say that was what was holding me up. So now we’ll see. Ill probably get my refund at the end of June now since amended returns have to be mailed in. Ugh… I just wish I would have seen it sooner so I could have fixed it earlier.

drew

Yeah, just be patient. Even though I don’t need the 1550 I’m getting back id like to have it to blow on something stupid. Mine was rejected cause I had mine sent to my gfs card even though she followed the steps and rules that were outlined by the company and added me as an account holder Yet it was still rejected. My notice was dated 3/2. I’m just checking every Friday and if I haven’t received another notice or a date when the 10th week is up I’ll give the irs a call. It just seems random as to when people who have name mismatch or aren’t on the account get their refunds.

Brianda Moore

F*** the IRS. Seriously. Am I the only one with absolutely no update yet? My DDD was February 3rd!! What the heck is taking so long? It was just a last name mix up nothing that serious. Makes me angry that my husband and myself work hard and pay a ton into taxes just for stuff like this. Shoot I was only getting back $1400! No transcript update no WMR update. This is crazy.

Maybe I’m not doing the tax transcript thing right? You just go to get transcript, sign in, and then go to 2014 account summary right? And download the transcript??

regina

finally received my check today!! thanks everyone for all the info! …. I had a due date of feb 11th and it was bank rejected…..finally….wmr never updated.

Brianda Moore

@Nicole

It starts from the date on the notice you received. My notice was dated March 2 so the 8-10 weeks starts then.

Nicole

does the 10 weeks go from the date on your Cp53a or the day you got it in the mail??

louie

i got my 846 code on friday april 15 no check yet and no wmr update did wmr update for you guys after you got your 846 code? OR SHOULD I NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT AND JUST WAIT FOR MY CHECK TO COME IN IRS SAID 2-3 WEEKS FROM THE DATE I CALLED THEM WHICH WAS APRIL 13

drew

Anyone have their as of date change to a different date then go back to the previous one? My as of date is March 2 then it changed to may 4 and today it changed back to march 2.

jenny

@mgm6 thanks for the update I have the exact same situation this am, as of date changed to 5/11 also a 570 code I have no idea what to think and I just talked to irs last week and they just said wait the full 10 weeks…. Will you let me know if they tell you anything? Now I’m even more worried and a ta won’t help until after my 10 weeks which is up may 4th…thanks!

MGM6

@jenny
    UPDATE
    my as of date has chaged to 5-11-15 and now I have 570 on transcript. I think I know why but I’ll have to check after work and see if I fax my amended return or I’ll mail it in.

bonnybleu83

@Regina
    so sorry you’re going thru this. BUT…there is a light at the end of this long tunnel. if your tax transcripts updated with a new date AND showed tax code, “846 w/ cycle date 20151505”, that means that your check will be sent first class USPS on april 24th. it will take 3-4 business days for it to arrive. if you live in the eastern part of the U.S., then your check will be mailed from Philly. if you live in the western part of the states, your check is coming from Tx (could be wrong about the latter part). on 4/24, you can contact the U.S. Treasury Dept. and provide your name, SSN, and DOB and they can confirm that your money was sent to them by the IRS and that a paper check was issued on that date. good luck! hope this helps!

Brianda Moore

I have a feeling mine is going to be one of the select few to have a full blown audit on. Still no changes on anything. There’s only 3 weeks left until the 10 week deadline. I just don’t understand why some people have gotten a 846 code already and mine hasn’t updated. This really bites.

regina

@bonnybleu83 …. same situation as u were…except no TA. My transcripts updated to 846 on April 17th with a new cycle date of 20151505… My question is how long after ur transcripts updated to 846 did u know ur mail date. Im just tryn to figure out when it will be mailed…. people tell me they only mail on Fridays others say different…. any help is appreciated! THANKS

bonnybleu83

@De5670
    @Shi
    @Brend Moore

UPDATE‼️ after two and a half seemingly never-ending months of disappointments, setbacks, and frustrations, I FINALLY HAVE MY PAPER CHECK. good luck to all of y’all!
    P.S. after countless hours of researching tax codes, leaning the IRS jargon, reading hundreds of different tax topics, speaking to several different IRS agents, and learning my rights as a taxpayer, i would like to think i’m fairly knowledgeable of the process for folks whose DDD was rejected by bank due to name mismatch, monies were returned, CP53A notice sent out, etc – so, if any of y’all need any advice, please don’t hesitate to ask me.
    brief overview:
    filed/accepted: 1/26
    approved DDD: 2/2
    bank rejected monies and returned to sender: 2/5.
    WMR then updated with “Take Action” ref code: 1121 –
    with telephone # and extension.
    received CP53A notice: 2/23
    contacted IRS and was advised they were “researching” my account, could take 8-10 weeks: 2/23
    contacted tax advocate: 3/30
    IRS approved hardship request: 4/7
    tax transcripts updated to reflect code 846 (refund issued): 4/&
    paper check was mailed on 4/15
    received: 4/18

good luck, y’all! please don’t hesitate to reach out to me for help or questions.

God Speed,

Shi

De5670

Congratulations

De5670

@bonnybleu83
    @Shi
    @Miranda Moore

Update

I got my check today its been a long wait but its finally over. God bless everyone and take care.

jenny

@Mgm6

Thanks for letting me know im in the same boat i dont have time to call them ever, lets hope for some good updates soon! For anyone else in this situation please let me know whats happening on your end:)

MGM6

@jenny.
    No I have not been able to call. I figured I’d give them at least the 8 weeks. Its already been six whats 2 more. I work 8- 5 and it’s hard for me to make time to call.

jenny

@mgm6
    Thanks for answering i hope not too.. I was wondering if you happened to call to find out if your review was finished or not like the other person i believe it was regina that said that? I have not been able to get ahold of the irs to ask, thanks!

MGM6

@ Jenny
    I received the same letter, 4464c, on Saturday but mine was dated 4/6. I know my work has already reported my wages to the IRS so hopefully it will not take the full 60 days.

jenny

Hey everyone i have been on this crappy irs ride since jan 30th which is when my refund was rejected because of name mismatch. Dont qualify for a TA they say my question is now whats happenening is sunday night the 13th of april finally a little trancsript movement as of date changed to 4/27 from 2/16 after all this time so i was hopeful because i saw a few of you post the same movement then mail comes today with a 4464c letter dated april 10th??? Anyone of you with that new as of date get this letter? Any help is appreciated!

De5670

@bonnybleu83
    @Shi
    @Biranda Moore

Update

Good news I called the treasury department a few minutes ago to see if my check has been mailed. Well the lady told me it was mailed this morning and it is coming from Philadelphia. I will let everyone know when I actually receives it my hands. Now its time to stalk the mail man.

De5670

@Biranda Moore

The reason why Regina gotten the 4-27 as a receive date is because her transcript change to that because the IRS is done reviewing her account. But, that is the only movement she saw so far on her transcript. She called the IRS and they informed her they were done reviewing her account. On Monday call the IRS to see if they are done researching your account.

Brianda Moore

@de5670

That’s the 10 week deadline? I’m confused. I had a a notice of 3-2 too and the 10 week deadline for that is May 11th. I have not had any update on my transcripts yet. My DD date was 2-3.

De5670

@Regina
    @MGM6

The date of April 27 is actually the deadline for them to mail the checks out. Regina you are correct you should have your check by then keep watching the transcript for an update of 846 refund issued it should be this weekend or some times next week.

regina

Mgm6…… we are in the same situation exactly. …i was told Wednesday by the irs that they were finished reveiwing i believe thats why my as of date changed… i believe that my check will be mailed by that date

MGM6

I received CP53a dated 3/2. I had my refund rejected on 2/11. I’ve been checking my transcripts and I noticed my as of date changed from 3/2 to 4/27. Nothing else has changed. Not sure if thats a good thing or bad. And I don’t have a TA

zach

A 570 code does not mean its a full audit.

Brianda Moore

Glad to hear some of you have gotten a refund mail date! The way I look at it…My notice date was 3-2, the 10 weeks is up May 11th. The letter I got stated it would take 8-10 weeks for a refund to be issued. I’m seeing a lot of you are getting a date of 4-15 for your check to be mailed. Let’s just assume it takes a week to get to you…you should receive it by 4-22. That’s only roughly 2 weeks earlier then the 10 week time frame. So it’s not that much sooner! I think if I can wait this long what’s 2 more weeks going to do??

bonnybleu83

GOD IS GOOD! i checked my tax transcripts and UPDATE!
    code 846
    TA then called and said IRS’ notes indicated that my hardship request has been approved and check would be mailed on 4/15. i know, based on the state where i reside, that the letter is coming from philly. my refund check will FINALLY be in my hands in a week. y, all, i can tell you from personal experience that obtaining a TA (if applicable, or if one qualifies) is an excellent tool in cutting waiting time in half. they are able to axon verse directly with the IRS and get answers we wouldnt otherwise know.
    good like to yall! i i hope everything works out for everyone…

Shi

UPDATE!

My transcripts updated to my amended return being accepted on 3/25. I spoke with my advocate and she stated that my refund should be released to the treasury department on Friday and my check should be kicked our next Friday! The newest date on my transcript next to my money is 4/27! I believe I should have my money by that date. Keep you updated & good luck to you all.

De5670

@bonnybleu83
    @Shi
    @Biranda Moore

Update

My TA just called me to tell me that my check is scheduled to mailed out on 4-13 I will y’all know when the treasury department mail it out.

bonnybleu83

@Shi
    didn’t you say your transcripts updated with a 570 code?! that’s not good, if so. that means that they have selected your retuen to go thru manual audit department. i was told by my advocate that, sometimes, a suspected ID fraud case (like ours in which bank sent back theft code when rejected our monies) can prompt a full-blown audit, hence code 570. have you spoken with your advocate about that since your most recent transcript update?

De5670

@Chris

You can look up your state local tax advocate on the internet or you can call the tax advocate hotline which is 1-877-777-4778.

chris

How do you find your local TA?

De5670

@Biranda. Moore

Yes I had an tax advocate to help me get through my situation. But, girl I am praying for you to see some updates soon. Don’t give up because God has it under control he sees your struggles and he will get you through this.

Brianda Moore

@de5670

You’re very lucky! :/
    You’re going through the tax advocate right?

De5670

@bonnybleu83
    @Shi
    @Biranda Moore

Update

My wording changed on WMR to we have received your return and it is being processed.

De5670

@bonnybleu83
    @Shi
    @Brianda Moore

Update

My transcript updated to a cycle code 2015401 and a code of 846 refund issued 4-27-2015. But, WMR hasn’t updated yet. I will keep you updated with more information.

bonnybleu83

@Rachael
    looks like you are in the exact same boat as @De5670, @Shi, @Brenda Moore, & myself. we all had an approved return rejected by bank due to the fact that we were not listed as account holder(s). the good thing is that we are not being “audited” nor is your account in “review”, per se. the IRS is “researching” your account due to suspected ID theft based upon the exact error code your bank sent back. your transcripts should read:
    846 (refund issued)
    841 (refund cancelled)
    971 (notice sent)
    the date to the right of the 971 code is the date the 8-10 weeks countdown starts.
    If you can send in docs via fax corroborating that you are experiencing a hardship (delinquent utilities, auto repossession, eviction notices, etc) then you will be assigned a tax advocate (not always local; mine is located in OR due to influx of cases in my state) who will work on you behalf in expediting a mail date for your return. the IRS has 7-10 business days to respond to tax advocate (TA) from the date the TA sends over hardship paperwork.
    and/or i would keep calling the IRS until you get someone who is helpful and gives you updated info on your case. good luck!
    @Shi – i wanted to tell you that it appears they are now doing a full-blown audit on your return – based off the info you provided earlier stating that your transcripts undated with a 570 code. that is NOT good. i would contact the IRS/TA immediately to check on the status of that. my TA told me that everything should go smoothly with my hardship request UNLESS the IRS decided to actually audit – which takes an additional 2 months. let me know what your TA says when you talk with them about your updated tax code.
    @De5670. please keep us updated. looks like there is a glimmer of hope for you, my friend. good luck!

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 236 total)

The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.