CP05 Letter

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season CP05 Letter

• This topic has 44 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Shishani.
  • Topic Starter
    Prettyladyte
      @prettyladyte

I received a CP05 letter today in mail stating I was under review and I needed to do nothing but wait and if I have not received my refund or another letter by April 26 to call Irs. Had anyone else experienced this ? If so, was it a long process and did u have to wait until the date on the letter to receive your refund ?

Viewing 43 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Shishani

Cass

Your story is very similar to mine, got my cpo5 letter today, from reading the posts looks like I may never see my return

Cass

Hi, we filed our taxes in March, verified our identity on 4/3/18, the lady we verified with over the phone said we should receive our refund in 6 to 9 weeks. We received a CP05 letter on 4/12/18 that our refund is being reviewed and we would have a refund date by 5/24/18 (6 weeks from our verification date). I called the next day to ask what the letter meant and they said it was just verifying that we had done our identity and it went back into processing. We decided to wait the 9 weeks, since she said it could take that long after we didn’t receive anything by the 24th of May. It’s now been 13 weeks since we verified our identity, should I call the IRS to see what’s happening or is this happening to everyone who had to verify their identity? The IRS website doesn’t help and I can’t get anyone on the phone. Thank you

Prettyladyte
              @prettyladyte

UPDATE: After 4 1/2 months I finally checked transcripts this morning and have a 846 for 6-6 PRAISE GOD !

Robin
                @disaster209

I’m not sure if I’m posting this correctly. But I’ve been reading everyone’s stories and figured I’d tell mine.
                E-Filed 2/9
                Accepted 2/9
                Bars disappeared 2/18
                Received CP05 3/26 (45 days to end 5/10)
                Called 5/10 they said they had until the 19th to finish the review. Still nothing sent out nor did they ask for verification of anything. So I just waited….
                5/29 I called again and they said that they’ve had way more than enough time to finish the review and process it. So he was going to do the referral to release my refund and/or send me something letting me know whats going on. Which it could take another 60 days. 😣😣
                So my question is did you all have to wait the full 60 days after the referral for your refund? That puts me basically at the end of July. I’ve never had this happen and its extremely frustrating!!

Chris McGugin

We got an indentity verification letter at the end of February, and as we confirmed our identity I was told our refund was under review. We got our CP 05 letter in March. The letter says wait until May 10th. I called on the 11th, as my refund is still processing, and was told to wait until after May 26th, as there is a 60 day window before they can request a follow up to why review is taking so long.

Asthry

Did anybody with CP05 wuth DD may o3 get their refund yet?

Prettyladyte
                      @prettyladyte

@jls825 that is awesome news Congratulations!

Jls825

Mine finally updated today and said it is set to release on 5/10 and if I don’t have by 5/15 contact irs. My friends that has the error 1541 still has not changed.

KMurph

Filed in Jan. Recv’d review letter 2/26. Still no money. No updates on WMR. Called April 24th, said transferring to verification. May be ANOTHER 60.. Not getting a TA

Jls825

Hers is 1541 my apologies but it just says well there’s just too many we have delays pretty much. Nonsense

jls825

Has anyone gotten the error 1512? My friend that passed the 60 day period, hers updated as error 1512. Mine hasn’t changed, still says processing :-(

jls825

No I haven’t seen that. I hope they have. I just think it is crazy it is taking so long when there aren’t major issues. I knew mine was probably because of me using my last pay stub and w2 being different due to the insurance being pulled out that is why I quickly sent in amended. I just did not anticipate this taking the full time and it being such a long drawn out process. One of my friends had an issue and they told her 60 days then at the end of the 60 days they said they would send something over but that they had another 60 days to release the funds……

Canes18

@prettyladyte

Amen.

@jls825

Why is that bad? I’ve read where some people found out they haven’t even started the review period like the letter stated. Have you seen something else?

Prettyladyte
                                    @prettyladyte

@jls825 I’m holding on to my faith cause it’s out of our control yet God is the one who is in control so keep holding on we will see a change soon.

jls825

Mine doesn’t even say the 152, just We have received your tax return and it is being processed. I know if day 60 hits and they haven’t done anything it is not going to be good.

Prettyladyte
                                        @prettyladyte

@jls825 yeah it tells me no return found when I check WMAR and my message on WMR has been it is still being processed since Feb with tt 152 and all my info on the left side I never received a error message code or anything. Oh wow that is awful they should just go ahead and release everyone’s money I mean all the crooks have already gotten theirs

jls825

Mine showed up that they had received it pretty quick it has just said received for a long time. It doesn’t show amount on WMAR you just put in SSN, DOB and zip code. I did an amended return a few years ago and I received my regular return DD and then they mailed the check for the difference. When I check WMR I put in the amount that I filed originally and that is when it says processing. I don’t have any bars or error alerts it just says your return has been received and is being processed. When I try to put the filed amount and the amended amount it says error. It has been 7 weeks since they got my amended return. I assumed that would have helped my processing period but I guess not.

Prettyladyte
                                            @prettyladyte

@jls825 how long did it take for it to show up on WMAR ? I’ve read where people say they check the regular WMR and it shows their adjusted amount there. So instead of direct deposit it’s gonna be a check ?? You can’t be too sure maybe you will receive both around the same time frame

jls825

@prettyladyte I totally agree. I am so frustrated. My amended return was accepted on 3/9 and still says processing. Amended returns can take up to 16 weeks to process and then a check is mailed…. I may get the small amount of my amended return before I actually get my return at this rate.

Prettyladyte
                                                @prettyladyte

@jls825 my processing date was 3/5 the same day my hold was placed on my account. Just doesn’t make any sense I’m so over this tax season just waiting for it to all be over

Prettyladyte
                                                  @prettyladyte

So I called my TA and left a message she hadn’t called back so I decided to call the TA hotline and spoke with someone who was able to view my case and told me my amended return was being processed as of 4/25 I sent it to my TA 4/16

jls825

I totally agree. When I looked at my transcripts it shows mine was actually processed on 2/26 and when I called a few weeks ago she said yes it is processed but they freeze the funds while they are reviewing it. I got the same spiel that they do not have the info on their end as to why it is being reviewed or where it is in the process but they are going in order. She said it doesn’t always take the full 60 days but I was off the phone already when I remembered the letter said 45 days on 4/26. So now we are looking at 5/10 and they will probably have another excuse then as well. It would be different if my CP05 letter had a code but all it says is held for review. It is completely wrong to hold without explanation.

Prettyladyte
                                                      @prettyladyte

@okiesaturn I filed 1/25 and received the CP05 3/12 also and you’re absolutely right it’s nonsense and I don’t understand why we had to wait either when we filed early on and they had plenty of time to do what they needed to do then you turn around and are told to wait even longer that is COMPLETELY INSANE AND IM AT A POINT WHERE IM THINKING ABOUT CONTACTING MY CONGRESSMAN! THIS CANT BE RIGHT AS TAXPAYERS ITS OUR RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON!! All the January/ February filers should have been received their refunds there’s no reason why everyone behind us has gotten theirs that is completely unacceptable and something needs to be done about all of this bullcrap!!!

Dan
                                                        @okiesaturn

I called and they said I needed to wait 60 days even though the letter says they would be finished with my review by today. BS. They don’t know anything. It’s all excuses and lies. They suck so bad and have no idea what they are doing. Some people on this site are getting letters after they already received their refunds! I filed on Jan 29 and accepted the next day. My CP05 letter was dated for March 12. What I want to know is why did the 45 day review start on March 12? What were they doing with my return from JANUARY 30 TO MARCH 12? And then then they still haven’t finished after 45 days from March 12??? And I have NO FREAKING IDEA why I’m under review? Don’t I have a RIGHT to know WHY I’m under review and WHY they are taking so long? And I can’t complain to anybody, I can’t get answers from anybody. It’s not like they have a customer service department. I know you guys feel me.

Prettyladyte
                                                          @prettyladyte

I also have a TA I just spoke with someone at the Irs I was told to contact TA so I’m awaiting for a call from her will keep you posted

Prettyladyte
                                                            @prettyladyte

@jls825 nope I’ve checked and still stuck. I’m calling also please update to let me know the outcome

Jls825

Any updates? Today is the 26th. Mine still says processing. Just checking before I call IRS if it is a waste of time

Prettyladyte
                                                                @prettyladyte

@jls825 ok sounds like the same thing I done. Thank you.

jls825

Yes I did my own amended return because my income was incorrect when I initially filed. I put what my YTD was on last pay stub when I filed not thinking about how they deduct what I paid in on health insurance as my income for W2. So my initial return looked like I made $2000 more than what my W2 said. Which I ended up being due $544 more back with amended return. I told them I knew that was more than likely what the issue was that the amounts did not match and figured the amended return would hurry the process. Just wish they would give more information than well it is in processing….. you can check your amended return at https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

Prettyladyte
                                                                    @prettyladyte

@jls825 ok so u amended without a TA ? If I just amended on the 16th faxed over to TA when can I check to see when they have received it ? And my review is up also on 4/26

jls825

I didn’t get a TA because I already sent in my amended return and it shows received 3/9. My 45 days is 4/26 and the 60 days is 5/10. My CP05 says after 45 days check in. I am going to wait until the 26th and see what updates there are. Please update what happens after 4/19 and see if anything happens after that. I have seen some that say the day the review is supposed to be up the bars show back up on where is my refund. I am hoping since I didn’t have any codes on my CP05 it simply said under review that it will be quick.

Prettyladyte
                                                                        @prettyladyte

@MKR It seems that you are told your review is up on a certain day and then when that day comes there’s no update. It will be a blessing to update by then. Praying for all

• #4244832
                                                                        MKR

I have been waiting since 1/30. Received 4464 letter mid March. Considered a TA, but after reading stories here it seems as though they are hit or miss. The last conversation with IRS, I learned that my review was up April 19. I will wait until then and then decide if a TA would be beneficial.

• #4244817
                                                                          Prettyladyte
                                                                            @prettyladyte

Oh wow that is ridiculous. As I am still waiting for my review to be over with 4/26 I got a TA on 4/4 faxed amended return yesterday 4/16 so let’s see if I’ll update by the 26. If you haven’t gotten a TA it’s very likely that u should I believe it will help speed up the process

• #4244723
                                                                            jls825

I also have a friend whose return was kept but she did get an error number. She was told that if she didn’t get hers by 4/13 to call. When she called on 4/13 she was told a letter was sent over to release her refund and they have 60 days to release her funds. I am hoping mine doesn’t fall under the same since I didn’t get an error. This is just crazy.

• #4244721
                                                                              jls825

I called on Friday 4/13 and they said they can’t see where my return is in the order of being processed but that my 60 days would be 5/10 even though the letter I got said the 45 days on 4/26 as well…. It is so confusing. The irs agent I spoke to said they don’t always take 60 days but she couldn’t give me any definite information. My page still says processing and doesn’t have any alerts giving a number or code as to what is wrong it only says processing.

• #4243368
                                                                                Prettyladyte
                                                                                  @prettyladyte

Has anyone received an update that received this letter ??Coukd u give me your notice date and how long it took to receive your refund ?? My 45 days is up 4/26

• #4243109
                                                                                  Prettyladyte
                                                                                    @prettyladyte

@jls825 any news as of today ?

• #4243107
                                                                                    Prettyladyte
                                                                                      @prettyladyte

Please update here if anyone has received the letter and have any updates THANK YOU !!

• #4242301
                                                                                      Prettyladyte
                                                                                        @prettyladyte

Anyone have any updates ?

• #4241401
                                                                                        Prettyladyte
                                                                                          @prettyladyte

@jls825 same here except I didn’t do a amended return.

• #4241279
                                                                                          jls825

I was wondering the same thing. I received CP05 on the 12th of march. I filed on 1/19 and it was received 1/21 and started saying it was processing on 2/15. On where’s my refund it still says processing, there are no alerts. I sent an amended return in that they received 3/12. Just wish I knew if it was going to take until 4/26 or if I might get it sooner.

• #4239167
                                                                                            Prettyladyte
                                                                                              @prettyladyte

@321123 when did u file ? And that gives me hope.

• #4239137
                                                                                              321123

Got mine and get my refund tomorrow night! Only had to wait 20 days or so extra…

Viewing 43 reply threads
                                                                                            • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.