Child support offset ??

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Child support offset ??

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by Ten1seven.
  • Topic Starter
    Always Unhappy at Tax Time :(

Hi, I was wondering.. I have a child support offset from New Jersey. They took the money I owed on 2/23. My wife and I have worked things out since she applied for it and was accepted. We just never got around to cancelling it so it’s still our money, were just waiting to get it back lol So my question is does anyone know when my wife will receive the money? I filed single not joint. Didn’t know if anyone has went through something similar other years or not. Thank you guys.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Ten1seven

I don’t get regular child support throughout the year, just a random deposit on the Texas card every now and then. Anyway, I do always get his refund deposited to my card in April. It comes anywhere from the 15th to the end of April. I think it takes so long because the state (Texas) takes a good little chunk of it every year because my kids are on the chip health program so usually around 1200 is taken out to repay them for it. Hope this helps.

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.